PDA

View Full Version : Best way to cap hc tank (str) and rifle spy (dex)?

=REMUS=
02-09-12, 16:55
Could anyone give me a brief guide on the best way to go about it, tank wise I was thinking:

Aggy cellars until rank 20-25
Miltary base bunker until rank 35-40
CRP caves or fire mobs until cap

Is that about right?

Rifle spy wise, i'm not sure because last time I did it... well, it took me about 3 years of messing around.

Faid
02-09-12, 17:07
Fastest way for any spy is to drone once you are able to use the RK50. Use RK drones - Woc tunnels, Regant Boss room, even El Farid is good especially if you need money.

Biglines
02-09-12, 20:24
as soon as u can solo regants boss room, regant bossroom is the fastest way (and u can solo regant bossroom with drones too, just drag the nightmare with ur drone to the other side of the room so u don't get aoe'd), around cap it's 2-3mil xp per run (3-10min)

Dribble Joy
03-09-12, 17:43
Fastest way for any spy is to drone once you are able to use the RK50. Use RK drones - Woc tunnels, Regant Boss room, even El Farid is good especially if you need money.
Regant mobs are highly resistant to fire and (I think) force. RG drones are much better in there.

=REMUS=
03-09-12, 20:00
Ok so it's best to level with rifles until RK50 then move over the RG for Regent?

William Antrim
03-09-12, 20:37
Yes basically. Drones all the way from around DEX 40 or so I think it is for the first RK or mini rockets.

Faid
03-09-12, 20:40
regants can be a pain at times, it's really far away from any GR's and there's usually people there leveling. I prefer the woc tunnels, you zone down and launch your drone from the entrance area, you can then proceed to aoe into the high level mobs. Plus if you have a hacker with ya you can potentially get a woc disc.

Nose
03-09-12, 21:07
so, got a str 63 tank with hew burner. can I already go to one of the mentioned spots? If yes, which one and how do I get there?

As a backup plan, I'd go hunting launcher cyclopses ...

Biglines
03-09-12, 21:23
regants can be a pain at times, it's really far away from any GR's and there's usually people there leveling. I prefer the woc tunnels, you zone down and launch your drone from the entrance area, you can then proceed to aoe into the high level mobs. Plus if you have a hacker with ya you can potentially get a woc disc.

how do u do that I tried woc tunnels once, but the drone would just get snowy with every shot, making it almost impossible to use. (after that I always just bought woc disks from people). (and yes, genuinely interested, my droner needs woccing but too tired of regants, and wasn't aware of h ow to do woc tunnels without safespotting).

=REMUS=
10-09-12, 18:08
Ok so i've got to drone with a spy to make real progress.

Any tips for capping a tank, i'm at 61 str (base)?

Dropout
10-09-12, 18:12
Ok so i've got to drone with a spy to make real progress.

Any tips for capping a tank, i'm at 61 str (base)?

If your tank isnt too slow - Regants boss room is by far the fastest way. Pretty boring though, and its a long walk.

Dribble Joy
10-09-12, 18:15
I went fire mobbing once I was about Str90 or so (including imps). It's slower than regants but you end up with more booty and it's not so boring.

=REMUS=
10-09-12, 18:22
Fire mobs sounds good, which zones are best to hunt in?

I seem to remember CRP and the OP next to it had a few grim spawns?

Biglines
10-09-12, 18:57
Fire mobs sounds good, which zones are best to hunt in?

I seem to remember CRP and the OP next to it had a few grim spawns?

the good thing about crp is that you don't drop a belt when you die (not if), but the spawns aren't super active. tbh it's a question of convenience and security. if you have an le in, I'd recommend going somewhat further and find a zone with an easier circular path around the map (crp you spend a lot of time backtracking over terrain you have already cleared).

but ye, it's a lot slower (you can cap your tank in an evening in the bossroom, will take a few days hunting firemobs), but like dj said, the techs will make fitting him out a lot easier.

there's no reason not to do both though ;)

as to weapons, for firemobbing it's best to get a hightech beam weapon, so you can stay out of range (plasma weapons lose accuracy too soon). For regants bossroom you need a doombeamer or raygun, combined with a beam weapon to take down the nightmare if you can't survive his aoe for long.

=REMUS=
11-09-12, 12:48
Does anyone fancy giving me a guide on how to do the regent boss room?

Biglines
11-09-12, 13:05
for getting down there's two options, the first just killing every mob, the second to run past them all (stay away from the crawlers, though their damage often pops back up if you don't stay near them).

if you run past them, make sure that when you get to the bottom, you have run fast enough that the mobs following you will stay near the stairs, otherwise they will attack you when you zone back out of the bossroom.

if they are too close, either kill the stragglers (first lose aggro by zoning), or drag them up the stairs, and run to bossroom again to lose aggro.

in the bossroom, again two options:

a) the first one is to run in, and move about 10 meters to the right or left, dragging the single slugger away from the door. Then zone back out, and back in, and from really close to the door, shoot and kill the nightmare.

b) just keep running around the perimeter of the bossroom, the mobs will herd themselves into the center of the room where you can aoe them. It's your choice whether to first kill the nightmare with a beam weapon while running, to avoid his aoe attacks, or to simply kill everything with aoe.

By my calculations (xp/time), killing the crawlers is very inefficient, so I always run out the moment I have killed all the sluggers, and repopulate the room. You might lose a bit of the xp of the crawlers, but your regain this xp because you can spend more time killing masses of sluggers.

make sure you have enough nanites for your healtool, medpacks and stamina boosters. There's usually a bunch of these in the boxes, but please replenish them when you use them, they're sort of communal ;)

Doc Holliday
13-09-12, 07:40
If we ever get on together (and im aiming for this saturday for definite) i will ppu for you Remus. :) i need to finish my monk and also it would be nice to do something with a few people rather than solo levelling which i find repetitive and boring. i never did like pve.

i finish work at 1pm UK time so depending on going for a drink after work i should be home by 3pm at the latest. i believe that makes it 7pm your time. i shall log on when i can after that. just shout up on ooc and we will catch up.

William Antrim
13-09-12, 12:47
And while youre waiting for him to run back from the GR 3 zones away cos his ppu died as he wasnt looking, or the cat ate his keyboard or his hands are cold or the other 25 excuses he regularly uses, you can ask on OOC for a decent ppu and I will shake off the rust and come help instead.

Or as well. Either or.

:D