PDA

View Full Version : APU Änderung macht ihn wieder spielbar!

Pinoccio
01-09-12, 21:27
Hello Runners,

wir müssen uns nicht darüber Unterhalten der APU so wie er Aktuell ist ein Witz ist, ich habe mir nun längere Zeit Gedanken gemacht wie kann man ihn buffen ohne ihn "wieder" übermächtig werden zu lassen.

Dies sind nur Gedanken über die man Diskutieren sollte keine direkten Vorschläge!

Punkt 1: Aiming!

In meinen Auge ist das Aiming des APU´s einfach nur unötig und die Einführung war nicht bedacht. Entfernen des Aimings, wichtig ist dabei das beibehalten der Line of Sight (Keiner will von irgendwelchen Leuten durch Wände gekillt werden)

Punkt 2: Casting Speed!

Das erhöhen des Casting Speed von den Rarespells und das reduzieren von dem Speed einiger Low Spells die sowieso nur verpuffen. Das Spielgefühl eines Charakters macht 75% des Spielspass aus und es macht einfach kein Spass! so extrem langsam zu casten.

Punkt 3: Amor (Defense)

Die kompletten Rüstungen sollten nochmal genau unter die Lupe genommen werden und geändert werden. Der APU stirbt zu schnell und hat kaum Möglichkeiten zur Defense ist also komplett auf Armor angewiesen.

Punkt 4: Spells

Stack spells wieder stacken lassen, es macht kein Sinn das ein Fireapoc oder ein PoisonBeam das Ziel nicht über Zeit verletzt aber jeder AK Spy Stackt dich im Sekundentakt hoch.

Biglines
01-09-12, 22:17
Translation for now, don't think I'll do this again :p (Due to different sentence structure between the languages, some might seem a bit weird as translated lazily)

Hello Runners,

We don't need to discuss that the APU the way he is currently is, is a joke, I have been thinking for some time how you can buff him without him becoming overpowered "again".

Remember these are just thoughts which one can discuss, not proposals!

Point 1: Aiming!
In my eyes the Aiming (Biglines: I guess he means reticle closing?) of APUs is just unnecessary and the introduction was not well thought out. When removing the Aiming, important is the preserve of the Line of Sight (No one wants to be killed by someone through walls)

Point 2: Casting Speed!

Increase of the speed of the Rare Casting Spells and reduce the speed of some of the low spells because they fizzle (Biglines: ??) anyway. The feeling of a character makes up 75% of the gameplay and it's just no fun! to cast so extremely slowly.

Point 3: Armor (Defense)

The full body armor should again be taken a closer look at and changed. The APU is dying too quickly and lacks opportunities for Defense and is therefore completely dependent on Armor.

Point 4: Spells

Stack spells again, it makes no sense that a Fireapoc or Poison Beam doesn't do Damage over Time but an AK Spy stacks several in a few seconds.

Biglines
01-09-12, 22:23
I have no problem with the reticle on the apu, though having to wait out the entire animation before knowing if you hit something is kind of annoying, I'd say it would be good to be able to cast a bit faster (as in, closing a bit faster) though.

When u hit all hits, a fire apocalypse can kill a spy in 3-4 hits (headshots), so if targeting becomes easier, we really shudn't make it fire faster as well.

I agree that an apu has too little resists (with the exact same resists as a spy, he still seems to die much faster?), especially since it needs to put a lot of skill points into athletics as well.

I don't know if all spells should contain stacks, but it might be a good way to add more variety in apu gameplay, as the only viable spells as an apu are currently the fire apocalypse and the non-rare toxic halo.

Pinoccio
02-09-12, 07:38
look buffed in op wars not in p2 one on one

nivea
02-09-12, 08:45
Das sehe ich genauso! Im Moment kann man den Apu nicht spielen im PvP. Vielleicht sollte man den Full Anti wieder dem Apu zuweisen und vor allem den Freeze wieder dem PPU ....Dieses verlangt dem Team noch mehr Zusammenarbeit ab und macht verdammt viel Spass!

Pinoccio
02-09-12, 09:46
Das sehe ich genauso! Im Moment kann man den Apu nicht spielen im PvP. Vielleicht sollte man den Full Anti wieder dem Apu zuweisen und vor allem den Freeze wieder dem PPU ....Dieses verlangt dem Team noch mehr Zusammenarbeit ab und macht verdammt viel Spass!

In der Tat wäre aktuell gesehen der Parashock eine guter counter gegen jegliche Art von agi/atl Monster. Ich empfand damals ihn auch nicht zu stark es gab genug antidrogen und ppus die anti para im belt hatten.

nivea
02-09-12, 09:55
Genau , habe nie verstanden warum der ausm Spiel genommen wurde!

Biglines
02-09-12, 13:31
if you have a good setup, u can play with an apu very very effectively in all sorts of pvp. Only in opwars an apu can be boring because he doesn't have the speed to run away like a tank, or the stealth to get away like a spy. But in the middle of a fight, a good apu is just as effective as the others, and a whole lot more fun to play than a tank or a spy.

The only change for opwars tbh is the resistance/armour issue, since apu's just die too fast when focussed (maybe make them more receptive towards ppu buffs? could it be that because they are apu actually decreases foreign shields?)

Pinoccio
02-09-12, 14:00
if you have a good setup, u can play with an apu very very effectively in all sorts of pvp. Only in opwars an apu can be boring because he doesn't have the speed to run away like a tank, or the stealth to get away like a spy. But in the middle of a fight, a good apu is just as effective as the others, and a whole lot more fun to play than a tank or a spy.

The only change for opwars tbh is the resistance/armour issue, since apu's just die too fast when focussed (maybe make them more receptive towards ppu buffs? could it be that because they are apu actually decreases foreign shields?)

ohhhhh yes thats the reason i see so much apus running arround cause they are effective and funny to play. Maybe no terra player have had a good setup that's the reason I didn't see apus. If that is your opinion I accept it but it's not the reality on the life server. the PVP/E is dominated by spys and tanks.

Trunks Z
02-09-12, 14:15
Jap bin da ganz eurer Meinung....

Die Defensive war auch früher nicht die Beste...

Und doch hats geklappt...

Paralyse zum PPU zurück aber etwas abgedämpft nicht ganz so krass wie früher wäre auch schon ein Enormer Fortschritt!!! gegen die Extrem Clipping Speed Monster..... Stack DMG ein muss.... wofür die zich Antispells wenn kaum noch was länger als 2 sec stackt?

Den Antibuff zum PPU zu schieben war eine Clevere Idee.. als Der APU Unspielbar gemacht wurde...

Sollte er aber wieder angepasst ins Rennen kommen... Ist das OP-Fight Team auf einen APU angewiesen was die Stärke der Teams und die Tactical Performance mal so richtig anspruchsvoll machen würde....

Pinoccio
02-09-12, 14:36
If the frezze is coming back plz reduce the casting time of the anti freeze to the amount of the old spell and give the freeze a amount of psi cost up to 380 so spamming is really expansive

Biglines
02-09-12, 15:52
ohhhhh yes thats the reason i see so much apus running arround cause they are effective and funny to play. Maybe no terra player have had a good setup that's the reason I didn't see apus. If that is your opinion I accept it but it's not the reality on the life server. the PVP/E is dominated by spys and tanks.

sorry, but I see apu's every day? :S both in opwars and in normal pvp...

last opfight we were fighting 2, and in p2 I've seen about 10 different ones in the past month.

The reason they are not used as much is that if ur not very good, an apu is useless, while a dissy spy can still hit someone and then stealth. but as soon as u get good enough to overcome this initial difficulty (being able to move properly and aim properly on an apu) u can easily win against spies (as u can get hits in after stealth due to the long casting), and tanks, because you can hit them while they are clipping.

nabbl
02-09-12, 16:08
sorry, but I see apu's every day? :S both in opwars and in normal pvp...

last opfight we were fighting 2, and in p2 I've seen about 10 different ones in the past month.

yeah you did... I had to log one for hacking. And at the end we lost the fight.
I need like 10 seconds to kill a spy. A spy needs 2 seconds to kill me.
That is just not fair.

Pinoccio
02-09-12, 16:25
Bigline all that you wrote is total shit, sorry, 2 days ago fight night why no apu try to win that tournament. Think about it... apu need some buff I think even the dev team knows that. And truely if nabbl wrote that the apu need buff who is the tank fanboy no 1, than I hope u forgive me my words

Liberator
02-09-12, 16:27
The general balance problem of an APU is, that it is not possible to handle him as an "single" char. If you balance him due a direction of more possibility to stay alive as an single char, he will be again overpowered together with an ppu.

The first point of pinoccio is absolut right, this kind of aiming is absolut no fun, but it´s important to keep line of sight. All other points may to be discussed, and to tested very careful.

Biglines
02-09-12, 20:17
I never said he didn't need improvement, all I said that it's still a viable class if you know how to handle it. I can kill invinci and walker on my apu about 30% of the time, on my spy and tank that's maybe 5%. The only weapon I can't fight my apu against is the AK, since it's such a fucking easy weapon to aim, and u get so many chances to hit (and almost no piercing resists/armour on an apu).

all of immune have made apu's in the past few years, and against equal numbers we can still easily win opfights.

APU's need improvement, but they are far from useless.

Mr. Kassad
03-09-12, 17:35
APU was intended to be a freaking damage dealing monster with the downside of being pretty squishy and dying fast. That made him in the past a perfect match with a PPU at his side because both compensated each other for their weaknesses. Though overpowered in the past, the APU+PPU combination could be seen as one big whole.

The problem we are facing now is that the APU (like explained in Nabbls example) is no longer the killing machine he used to be. He needs WAY to much time to kill another player.

The rule of thump should be: "If you get suprised by an APU --> YOU DIE! // If you surprise (or take on from a distance) an APU --> he dies!)

The thread from both classes unbuffed should be about the same for each other CONSIDERING THEIR ORIGINAL USES!
The APU is the Damage machine.
The Spy is a STEALTH or SNIPING class.

So upfront without any surprises the spy should be the one dying in PVP. With a clever stealth ambush or landing some hits from a distance before the APU can retaliate should make the SPY the winner.

TL,DR VERSION:
I would not make the APU more resistant to damage but stronger in his attacks. If that would mean to take out some damage potential from everybody else so be it (imo) because the game really got all dragon ball Z over time. Everybody got so fast and so strong that it feels like the game is not able to handle it anymore.

That's just my opinion how I always saw the APU and SPY in my past NC live as a HC-Tank and later on PPU

Biglines
03-09-12, 17:41
well most spies die to 3-4 of my fire apocalypses if I get a closed reticle on their heads, 5-6 on most tanks. But ye, for the classic glass cannon role it needs more damage and stay on current resists.

Pinoccio
04-09-12, 16:08
raise the attackspeed of the rares back to 105!

Trunks Z
07-09-12, 01:34
Think so too...
more attack speed...

and a little bit more resist´s...

dont forget the spy stealths<> and the Monk?

nabbl
07-09-12, 13:37
Bigline all that you wrote is total shit, sorry, 2 days ago fight night why no apu try to win that tournament. Think about it... apu need some buff I think even the dev team knows that. And truely if nabbl wrote that the apu need buff who is the tank fanboy no 1, than I hope u forgive me my words

You forget that in NC2 Evo 2.0 I played APU most of the times in OP Fights. And with a skilled PPU you killed everything very easy.
I wasn't for Tankocron or Spyocron but for a balanced neocron.

Peter-Lustig
09-09-12, 12:49
schön wärs wenn man den apu mal wieder gescheit spielen könnte :D...
und nicht um die ecken clippen muss um zu überleben