PDA

View Full Version : Poison and Catharsis Sanctum for PVE Improvments

Pinoccio
01-09-12, 20:43
I would like to see those both Sanctums back in game the use in PVE would be really great,

each lvl spot adds stacks to the runners.

Dangerous Cave
El Farid
Snake Grave

I never understand why KK has removed those.
in that case give the Heal Sanctum a little bit more strength its a joke to cast it nodays

PPS: Can we get back the old Rezz and Antibuff animation???

Powerpunsh
01-09-12, 20:55
I dont want to see this old spells back i also want the old shelter/deflector back so ppus can put more attention on other thinks like the old frezze and doing more dmg buffs and stuff.

Pinoccio
01-09-12, 21:15
Have you had an explanation why you didnt want to see them back?

Powerpunsh
01-09-12, 22:06
Fuck im drunken. I want the old spells back. Sorry for this. :P

01-09-12, 22:21
This is something that was internally discussed a bit. I'd personally also like to see these spells back in game.

Can we get a list of the pros and cons of having these back in game?

Shelter and Deflector should be discussed with PPU Balancing when that comes into play again, but for now I'm open to discussion of bringing back the Sanctums.

Powerpunsh
01-09-12, 23:09
I still think that these sanctums would make it more attractive to go back into poisoncaves/graves. It would reduce PVP damage in opfights by removeing casualy poison/x-ray/firestacks. It also enlarges the bufflist of ppus. ;-)

Pinoccio
02-09-12, 07:35
PROīs:

Leveling in Groups would more attractive
A little PVE Improvment (Balance)
A little PVP Improvment
Quite more Tactics u need to stay near the ppu for debuffs :)

Conīs

Didnt see one :P

Biglines
02-09-12, 13:34
the main con in pvp is that it makes all weapons with stacks useless, though if the mechanics could change so it removes the stacks in pve fast, but only 1 pvp stack per healtick?

Grogor
03-09-12, 19:51
@Biglines: Defining little exception rules like this, usally tears big holes in balancing, and may have side effect you can't foresee. For example if there are 3 PPUs close to each other I lose 3 pvp stacks pre tick. Which again renders the pvp stacks allmost useless.
Looking at the devourer, that does few stacks with high damage even 1 pvp stack per healtick would render a devourer useless.

William Antrim
03-09-12, 20:34
Code it so that the poison put onto people from mobs is a different sort. Call it virulent poison if you want to or anything other than the PVP ones. Make this thing droppable whole or constructable or however you want it to be in game. Make the swamp cave mobs be poison based with some force damage. Basically make this item be good for PVE but useles in PVP. Make PVE with the said item a shitload easier in the above mentioned dungeons and make it accessible to midlevel players.

Make it something that levelling ppus can attain from some form of short quest as opposed to a rare drop part (we want mid levels to work for this thing but not have to buy it from rare farmers!) and then make it so that it is essential gear for them to level in said caves. Not impossible to level without it but altogether something that they ought to do to increase their survivability in said caves.

In short lets get people out and about caving again.

Hell you could even introduce some Nannite variant for the healtool users as well. I have some good ideas for writing a story line for it.

Crahn monks see a gap in the market and develop a new module..... Biotech gets wind of it and they decide to try to head the monks off so to speak and you can run 2 separate missions (class dependant) to get yourself an antipoison unit* (psi module/spell).

The key thing is it has to be PVE orientated or it will basically kill pvp with poison weapons which is something we want to avoid.

Shelter and Deflector

Yes WHOLEHEARTEDLY YES Bring those back. This PAD bs is annoying as a PPU. We have enough to do buffing primes let alone all of that other stuff. Possibly look at making primes last 20 mins to 30 mins maybe too? Just to help the noobs out more again mostly. It wouldnt unbalance anything but it would make the PPU's job that much easier.

Biglines
03-09-12, 21:32
@Biglines: Defining little exception rules like this, usally tears big holes in balancing, and may have side effect you can't foresee. For example if there are 3 PPUs close to each other I lose 3 pvp stacks pre tick. Which again renders the pvp stacks allmost useless.
Looking at the devourer, that does few stacks with high damage even 1 pvp stack per healtick would render a devourer useless.

true, just trying to find a way to make those sanctums not too overpowered. but I guess my proposal doesn't work either in the case u mentioned.

Grogor
03-09-12, 22:21
Mhm wouldn't it way easier to adjust the poison caves?
The only ones that are really unbeatable are the swamp caves. The othere ones are possible if you take a anti poison with you.
Just remember those caves are high level cave and one damage dealer and one ppu shouldn't be enough to survive. You should need a bigger team.

james_finn
03-09-12, 22:47
I remember the original sanctums which were released, the holy catharsis was definitely overpowered in PvP as it allowed the removal of too many different stacks. There was never an op war where I wouldn't be carrying it as it was the ultimate PPU tool. However the antipoison sanctum was a lifesaver (literally!), when running the swamp caves it meant that you didn't need to spend the time debuffing each member of the group, meaning you could spend more time working on keeping people alive with heals.

Pros:
* Bring players back to some of the less used caves
* Make a PPUs life slightly easier
* Makes rezzing in high danger situations (swamp caves) possible
* Just the AP sanctum would reduce the impact on PvP

Cons:
* Bringing back the AC sanctum would change the dynamics of PvP again

Also the AP sanctum should definitely be seeded as a new rare making it much harder to get, and also encouraging runners to spend the time to hunt out the parts. This could also start to stimulate the rare part trading again.

Edit:

I didn't see the post by William Antrim about increasing the time on the primary buffs to 20/30 minutes so as to make a PPU's life easier. I whole heartedly agree with this. Increasing this time would allow people to get buffs in a city before going out, meaning they would not need to have a PPU with them for the boon that it gives.

I would also like to see a change back to S/D, IMHO it got rediculous for a PPU to carry all these different spells, and being able to switch between them immediately for other runner to get the benefit they want. At one point I'm sure someone calculated how many rares that a PPU would need to carry, and if I remember correctly it ensured that when a PPU dies there was a 1:2 chance of dropping a rare in the belt.

Now, I know that PPUs are not supposed to die too often, but when you lose something as important as that it becomes ridiculous - PAD all rares is crazy. Back in the day the spell I would carry in my lock slot was a 5 slot shelter as that was the most important spell to have.

Pinoccio
04-09-12, 14:23
and in your opinion if 3 ppus have sanctum and someone with 3 stacks come in the sanctums range he shouldn't loose all 3 stacks?

hell if 3 ppus cast this expensive psi spell then it should debuff that....

Pinoccio
04-09-12, 14:24
Mhm wouldn't it way easier to adjust the poison caves?
The only ones that are really unbeatable are the swamp caves. The othere ones are possible if you take a anti poison with you.
Just remember those caves are high level cave and one damage dealer and one ppu shouldn't be enough to survive. You should need a bigger team.

we got about 100 players as peek. when did u last time go to cave? and how many people you find there ... tbh

Biglines
04-09-12, 14:35
people aren't in the caves because 90% of the population is already capped and woc'ed, and the other 10% just started new characters and are still in the sewers/mb.

also, the caves aren't used as much because even if you would survive, the xp in regants is way better than in the caves.

imho really difficult areas like the swamp caves should exist purely for the challenge. I go there every few weeks just for the challenge, with a ppu and two or three clannies.

That said, there should be a bit more variety in leveling spots, as current it's sewers - > mb bunker - > regants, with possibly el farid in between.

Pinoccio
04-09-12, 14:48
yeah el farid u made my day with 500 fire stacks on you

Biglines
04-09-12, 16:46
you could just try to objectively state your case instead of insulting... el farid is there because of droners, and seeing as the majority of players level their spies as droners it sure as hell deserves a place in the list of places people go to level.

Pinoccio
05-09-12, 13:08
you could just try to objectively

level there as a apu or tank ...without ppu? only way to lvl there effective is as a droner... really nice ...

nabbl
05-09-12, 13:41
You just should not be able to complete Regants on your own. It should be a very hard cave with a very hard encounter at the end.
Mobs have to have more range or theses red blobs from the crawlers should do a lot more dmg.

NONpk
08-09-12, 15:33
PPS: Can we get back the old Rezz and Antibuff animation???

We really need that old rezz animation back.

Why? Because of tactial reason. You were able to see and the detect the old rezz animation in a whole zone. It was harder for a PPU to rezz a dead guy cuz everyone noticed it.

Biglines
08-09-12, 15:40
You just should not be able to complete Regants on your own. It should be a very hard cave with a very hard encounter at the end.
Mobs have to have more range or theses red blobs from the crawlers should do a lot more dmg.

tbh, if it has to be a hard cave, there should be a reward for killing them aside from the possibility of just 1 rare part on the nightmare.

though I agree that the epicness of regant's legacy does suit a much more difficult experience.

I have no problem with good power leveling spots though, as long as there is variety, because there is nothing more deadly in an mmo than boring leveling (though WoW seems to be doing fine... :p)