PDA

View Full Version : Unable to connect to the server

zzez
31-08-12, 22:43
Hey.
When I login it goes to the server list, I select Terra and I am unable to connect, when I click next it opens a black box that hangs for a second or two and then it says "connecting to game server" and then it hangs for a few seconds and goes back to the server selection menu, sometimes it gets past the connecting to game server and gets to the character screen where I can see both my newly created characters but when I select one the client just hangs.
On my first ever login I was able to actually go ingame, I clicked on the portal thing in MC and then it kicked me out of the game and then this problem started.
I'm running a windows 7 with administrative account, I tried running as admin/windows xp, I'm behind a home router with a 20mb line.
EDIT:
I also tried reinstalling the game, no luck there.

zzez
01-09-12, 12:33
I tracked down the issue to routing, when I'm using a VPN I'm not getting this issue at all - it runs exactly how it should, the moment I turn off the VPN this problem will start.

Any ideas how I would go about fixing this?the precise issue is the route that the packet is taking from the server to my client.

Dribble Joy
01-09-12, 12:38
Odd. Have you tried pinging and/or doing a trace route to the server's IP? You can find it in the neocron.ini file.

zzez
01-09-12, 13:05
Yeah I tried both pinging and tracert, there were no timeouts even after multiple attempts, this issue is only when the client is negotiating with the server for the character list and getting ingame, if I manage to get ingame it plays out perfectly fine.