PDA

View Full Version : Which char to pick now?

Model192
31-08-12, 18:31
Rifle PE
Pistol spy
Rifle spy

And no, I'm not fucking droning again until WOC. I won't play then.

aKe`cj
31-08-12, 18:35
Which char to pick now?

based on what exactly?
If PvP is where you are headed, I personally would pick anything but a PE.
As for the rifle -vs- pistol issue... pick whatever you prefer. Both are viable options.

=REMUS=
31-08-12, 18:38
Rifle is much easier to level than pistol imho.

Model192
31-08-12, 18:39
Why aren't PE any good anymore in PVP? I remember a pain easer was pretty viable. I have the MC5 chips =P

REVKhA
31-08-12, 18:59
I have a lowtech rifle PE. Termi, Pain Easer, Ion shotty. Camo PE , mc5's , etc. All capped except con because I do not exploit and have not bothered to go to reagant. They are pretty bad because the balance project they did was kinda abandoned in the middle of it , and also because of all the WOC fiasco. I think Neocron needs a lot of work for it to be enjoyable in pvp again. We are far from the nc1 days ...

Even parashock was not that bad compared to all the Op stuff like energy weapons (dizzy is lawl) and the way that WOC screwed everything up with an half done balance project. I am happy that Neocron is being picked up again but there is no roadmap and no marketing even though its f2p atm. I guess it can only get better with some time and more patience.

We need a lot of patches and a reset or something. Part of the fun was to get a toon up and running , capped and equipped as best as you can then opwar and pvp around. Population makes this happen , with such low pops the game will never pick up like the old days (2001-2006 ish )

I used to have a lot of fun controlling warbot hunting grounds and such. NC:Reloaded would be a nice way to resurrect this aging engine. My opinion is that WOC screwed everything up as well as the abandoned balance project.

Model192
31-08-12, 19:15
Well, that's depressing.

Mokoi
31-08-12, 19:27
Well, that's depressing.

There sure is a lot of work ahead for all of us, including the players - nobody has any illusions in that regard.
However, I do not agree with our current situation being described as "depressing".
Neocron developement was abandonded for many years with issues, such as the ones mentioned above unresolved and a decaying infrastructure (no updates whatsoever and no way to actually start an account on your own).
To anyone unhappy with the current speed of progress: It is only a few weeks ago that we all fought hard to not have Neocron 2 shut down completely. Since then, we have re-enabled account creation, we have re-enabled support routes including a shiny new forum, the helpdesk system and dev tools. We have more than quadrupled the average server population (granted, coming from a really low number).

Most importantly, we have put together a toolchain and the volunteer team required to once again open pandoras box and work on Neocrons inner guts and improve the game. See http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?231-Neocron-Testing-amp-Development for more information.

If you call all this depressing, I doubt we can ever make you happy again. :)

Biglines
31-08-12, 20:20
why not go for a tank, aside from the apu it's the most fun to level, since u can level fast, but still do it in all levelling locations

Chuck Norris
31-08-12, 20:48
Tank or Spy at this point.....

Everything else is just kind of a waste of time and weaker then a wet paper bag

Dropout
31-08-12, 21:16
As most others have said, go for a spy or tank. Rifle spy if you dont want WoC (Use Dissy).
Stay away from PEs unless you want to grind for ages for WoC.. They are possible to use, but not very powerfull anymore.
I have personally tried about every kind of PE setup possible (WoC and non-WoC), and while they are fun, you wont be able to beat the top pvp'ers without WoC - unless your very good ofc.. I did quite a lot of killin' - even against skilled players - as a no-PA tl92 pistol PE.. But I was so fast that it was, well silly tbh.. :P

Everything is possible, but some setups is just A LOT harder to be successfull with.

Drevious
31-08-12, 21:16
ppu spec monk with melee. no troll

Dropout
31-08-12, 21:19
ppu spec monk with melee. no troll

Useless... Although PPU with Kami drones are kinda viable..

Biglines
31-08-12, 22:22
tho tbh, I haven't had as much fun ingame with any character as my apu. I can beat 90% of the tanks/spies in duels. it's just that their health/resists are so low that in opwars, if u get focussed, ur dead. For duels, there's nothing more fun than an apu imho.

which is the same with a melee tank. They are perfectly viable for duels, but suck in opwars (though for a melee tank it's not staying alive, but doing enough damage).

Dropout
31-08-12, 23:48
tho tbh, I haven't had as much fun ingame with any character as my apu. I can beat 90% of the tanks/spies in duels. it's just that their health/resists are so low that in opwars, if u get focussed, ur dead. For duels, there's nothing more fun than an apu imho.

which is the same with a melee tank. They are perfectly viable for duels, but suck in opwars (though for a melee tank it's not staying alive, but doing enough damage).

Yeah, and duels is where PE's shine aswell IMO.

Dribble Joy
01-09-12, 00:23
Especially against piercing weapons. PEs have very high defence against them if they have a blessed deflector.

Dropout
01-09-12, 01:23
Especially against piercing weapons. PEs have very high defence against them if they have a blessed deflector.

Yeah for duels thats pretty nice.. However, I can still beat most PEs with my AK spy in duels. But then Again, with 3 AK's in QB, who cant I beat in duels? :p

Biglines
01-09-12, 01:36
Yeah for duels thats pretty nice.. However, I can still beat most PEs with my AK spy in duels. But then Again, with 3 AK's in QB, who cant I beat in duels? :p

me on melee tank for about 5 rounds in a row in nf! :p

(we'll ignore all the rounds afterwards for now)

Dropout
01-09-12, 01:54
me on melee tank for about 5 rounds in a row in nf! :p

(we'll ignore all the rounds afterwards for now)

Thats actually true. Melee tanks is a fucking pain to duel as a spy - for some reason o.O

Dribble Joy
01-09-12, 08:55
3 AK's in QB
Ugh. There really needs to be a reticle loss if you swap a weapon.

Garfield
01-09-12, 10:48
rifle spy`s are great to lvl. few vhc points and u can fly up on unreachable postions and snipe. not to mention the first love , hottest rifle ever

William Antrim
01-09-12, 14:12
Rifle spy is best with current mechanics in my opinion but pe is just the most fun overall I ever had in nc. I want the old days to come back.

Dropout
02-09-12, 08:10
Rifle spy is best with current mechanics in my opinion but pe is just the most fun overall I ever had in nc. I want the old days to come back.

Indeed, the most fun I've had was on a PE aswell - pre 2.2
I miss shitbuffing tbh.

LiL T
02-09-12, 14:48
Indeed, the most fun I've had was on a PE aswell - pre 2.2
I miss shitbuffing tbh.

I miss shitbuffing as well and I also miss poison stacking nailguns, they were great for killing ppu's if enough people carried a nail gun.

GunnarAegirson
04-09-12, 15:29
I miss shitbuffing as well and I also miss poison stacking nailguns, they were great for killing ppu's if enough people carried a nail gun.

Now that was some funny shit :-)

Dropout
04-09-12, 16:03

Actually nailguns can still be usefull - although for a ppu..
Did the person not die a place that are good for rezzing? Move him to somewhere that is - with a nailgun :p
I have no idea if that is considered an exploit, so wont name any names..

LiL T
16-09-12, 20:04
Actually nailguns can still be usefull - although for a ppu..
Did the person not die a place that are good for rezzing? Move him to somewhere that is - with a nailgun :p
I have no idea if that is considered an exploit, so wont name any names..

Oh that is an exploit, people have been warned for it in the past, its not just nailguns either...

yavimaya
17-09-12, 05:58
Oh that is an exploit, people have been warned for it in the past, its not just nailguns either...

Yes, that used to be a big problem, people pushing people into walls so they cant be ressed, funny if you werent the dead one though.