PDA

View Full Version : Trade skiller chip idea

=REMUS=
31-08-12, 13:18
I just had a thought, wouldnt it be a good idea to introduce a chip which gives stats like

Constructor Augamentor Cyber Processing Unit
Dex Req 85
+5 int
+5 dex
+30 CST
-60 Weapon skill
-5 P.S.I
-15 P.P.U

There should be one for research too with the same dex req.

However it gives the same effects as the Law Enforcer, to balance it the damage it suffers from being removed should be 5-10x more than normal to stop abuse and it should be very difficult to attain (MC5 hard).

The back story being it uses the centres of the brain used for psysonic generation to augament the logic centres elsewhere.

It penalises monk constructors and I know they have a hard time capping INT, but I feel spies should get something like this since trade skilling is hard going with the lack of safe zones.

Brammers
31-08-12, 13:37
Sounds like a Kami Construction chip. And to allow someone to put a LE tradeskill chip in after level 30, I don't like that.

To be honest, I think constructors have more than enough chips and gloves to help them.

Construction Co-ordinator 3 (http://www.techhaven.org/db/item/2175.html)
Special Science (http://www.techhaven.org/db/item/1772.html)
Tech Haven CPU (http://www.techhaven.org/db/item/1774.html)
Area MC5 Hawking Chip (http://www.techhaven.org/db/item/1765.html)

Trivaldi
31-08-12, 13:40
Moved to Brainport.

Powerpunsh
31-08-12, 13:42
I would prefer some research brainimplants like the constructor has. And combatgloves. :)

=REMUS=
31-08-12, 13:57
Sounds like a Kami Construction chip. And to allow someone to put a LE tradeskill chip in after level 30, I don't like that

Of sorts yes, why don't you like that?

Perhaps if possible there could be a restriction on the zones that the Spy could enter, or if possible the LE effect is only active in certain zones (that would be the best solution)?

Darkana
31-08-12, 15:22
It penalises monk constructors and I know they have a hard time capping INT, but I feel spies should get something like this since trade skilling is hard going with the lack of safe zones.
Monk csters are penalized due to their lack of DEX (as DEX impacts the resulting total CST "skill"). Aside of blocking one brain slot, the LE doesn't have any other negatives to it anymore, and that for ages. So, you can decide to either go all the way with tradeskilling and be top notch, or go with some lower skill due to the missing brain slot, but in return get the chance to build stuff in safety everywhere as long as no mob is actually after your hide. For example, I prefer to hang around the Tech Angels in PP3 for building things (having LE on all my tradeskillers). Unbuffed my LE CSTer hits 239 CST skill, non-LEers hit 252 or something along that line, and then you can add up to 50 for the factory OP bonus. Add the PPU buff and you are far and beyond already. Why do you want to get even more?

Brammers
31-08-12, 15:27
Of sorts yes, why don't you like that?

Perhaps if possible there could be a restriction on the zones that the Spy could enter, or if possible the LE effect is only active in certain zones (that would be the best solution)?

I don't like the LE part in a big way. TBH I don't see the point of the LE part. Plaza 1 is a safe zone, so all the tradeskillers hang out there. Or they hang out in the clan apartments, where the only main danger is from clan member testing their weapons!

The other thing. The LE takes up a brain implant slot, and that's the price you pay for being safe from being killed by players. Also the LE'ed cannot be re-implanted after level /30 (IIRC) So your DEX requirement is implying that you can implant this chip after /30. The last thing the PvP players want when hunting down those evil -100SL spies, is to find that they stuffed a Constructor Augamentor Cyber Processing Unit in their head.

P.S. The monk's DEX cap is 35 so they can't use the chip.

I would prefer some research brainimplants like the constructor has. And combatgloves. :)

I'll pass on debating combatgloves for now. However I do agree the researchers could do with a bit of love. They don't have many choices for RES implants, compared with constructors.

Edit: *Waves to Darkana* Good to see you around here again

Biglines
31-08-12, 16:06
with the lack of safe zones.
what do you mean by this? half the city is a safe zone?

Chuck Norris
31-08-12, 20:55
since 2.2 going over 230ish CST skill actually hurt the overall quality of the weapon/monk modules stats; when constructing rares.

So in reality straight CST'ers don't need any buffs, drugs nor a factory. I believe this was an attempt at making it so you can have a cst/res character rather then all points dumped into just one stat/profession.... which really ruined the whole "im a constructor, the best there is with almost 300 skill!"

But I digress, obviously the light of jah showed KK the true path; non-rares capping at 99%/outstanding wtfs!! dont even need 200cst to reach those

Dropout
31-08-12, 21:25
Huge no to the LE part.. Being able to put LE back in after level 30, would open up for a lot of the really boring griefer kind..

Chuck Norris
31-08-12, 22:04
Huge no to the LE part.. Being able to put LE back in after level 30, would open up for a lot of the really boring griefer kind..

Or at least make it require a positive amount of SL to put back in