PDA

View Full Version : Testing specific things

nEo-1664
30-08-12, 11:27
This is more of an open question to Dev's to be honest, but is there any specific area's of the game that you would like us to test?

Or is it more a case of try to break 'fixed' items as per FIXED list in the patch notes and then identifying potential new bugs etc?

Just a thought :)

flib
30-08-12, 11:35
Should we be looking for bugs related to the patch, or bugs in the game in general?

Riddle
30-08-12, 14:01
I reckon go for it :) list everything that's broken and the lads here can include in patch 176 :angel:

30-08-12, 17:12
Test everything. Try doing all the dirty little things people do on retail ;)

Mainly trying to make sure every class works right now. Some changes were made to Psi and Drones. Also a couple pvp events in P2 and the wasteland wouldn't hurt to test out clipping changes.

I'll be on the testserver to lend a hand at testing things every once in awhile.

nEo-1664
30-08-12, 17:23
Test everything. Try doing all the dirty little things people do on retail ;)

All of them? As I'm sure some of them would result in a straight forward outright ban still lol :p Or has any of this been removed so we can test it for the TS ?

Have the goal posts been opened slightly to allow creative thinking when it comes to trying to break the game in the name of progress?

Mokoi
30-08-12, 17:45
All of them? As I'm sure some of them would result in a straight forward outright ban still lol :p Or has any of this been removed so we can test it for the TS ?

Have the goal posts been opened slightly to allow creative thinking when it comes to trying to break the game in the name of progress?

By all means, we do not encourage anyone to hack/modify the client or perform actions that can seriously impact the servers stability or may end up in a log with your account name tied to it. If you suspect an exploit/bug of that calibre, stick to http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?145564-Reporting-Exploits and we'll gladly take the burden of testing them of your shoulders ;)

As the production pipeline and some serverside infrastructure has been tweaked significantly,
I would encourage you to also test stuff that is not explicitly named in the patchnotes.
Most of the newly introduced bugs that slip through to retail are bugs unrelated to the changes everyone is focused on.
So testing random stuff ingame or just playing around bit "with this and that" helps a lot.

nEo-1664
30-08-12, 17:51
That's helpful to know.

But certainly, if you wanted players to test leveling a GenTank from start to cap, because you 'think' there is an issue somewhere around a certain level, or set or armours/weaponary etc would you notify us of this so that we could roll a new character to then test and report back?

30-08-12, 18:16
That's helpful to know.

But certainly, if you wanted players to test leveling a GenTank from start to cap, because you 'think' there is an issue somewhere around a certain level, or set or armours/weaponary etc would you notify us of this so that we could roll a new character to then test and report back?

Of course. Currently we have no known issues with that, but bug reports are always welcome, and everybody levels a character different. The in game bug reporting tool is monitored and will be reported back to the developers.

Now is every runners chance to help fix Neocron and its little bugs. Please report even the smallest bugs! All will be handled in time :)

Mokoi
30-08-12, 18:17
If we need specifics to be tested, we'll point them out to you of course.
As stated above, we are mainly focussed on the patching procedure itself (new tools/workflows) and exploit/stability fixes for which we cannot reveal specific details.
Thus, spending some time on the testserver and confirming that we didnt break anything (as in anything whatsoever) along the way, is the most important thing to "test for".
Also, feel free to report bugs that are not entirely new or related to the patchnotes... e.g. you could roll a new char and see where you run into issues that are either clearly bugs (=> bugreport) or where you think things should be altered to better the newbie experience (=> brainport). We're dedicated to making this awesome game even better on all frontiers ;)

Mortis
30-08-12, 18:30
Also, feel free to report bugs that are not entirely new or related to the patchnotes... e.g. you could roll a new char and see where you run into issues that are either clearly bugs (=> bugreport) or where you think things should be altered to better the newbie experience (=> brainport)

tried, and in the case of being dumb, there arent any traders so i cant get equipment!?
maybe some vendors with lowlevel equip would do it :)

30-08-12, 18:31
tried, and in the case of being dumb, there arent any traders so i cant get equipment!?
maybe some vendors with lowlevel equip would do it :)

Plaza 1 has vendors spawned around a pot :)

Mortis
30-08-12, 18:33
Plaza 1 has vendors spawned around a pot :)

yea with tl 60 and above equip, no drones, no armor, no weapons, leveling from the start means starting by 0/2?
or is there somewhere a trader for xp boost?

30-08-12, 18:47
yea with tl 60 and above equip, no drones, no armor, no weapons, leveling from the start means starting by 0/2?
or is there somewhere a trader for xp boost?

Unfortunately not yet. I'll check into getting more traders spawned for you

Mortis
30-08-12, 18:52

that would be a pleasure :-)

nEo-1664
31-08-12, 10:13

It's not just traders, but is it also possible to have an NPC to level cap us as well if we wanted to test end game weaponary/armours etc :)

31-08-12, 10:25
It's not just traders, but is it also possible to have an NPC to level cap us as well if we wanted to test end game weaponary/armours etc :)

A way to cap your character will be coming soon. For now, its good ole leveling in the sewers and aggie cellars ;)

Mortis
31-08-12, 11:48
A way to cap your character will be coming soon. For now, its good ole leveling in the sewers and aggie cellars ;)

and thats a mess with bought drones :(

nEo-1664
31-08-12, 12:34

Or bug everyone's favourite GM/DEV... I'm not going to name names, but Zoltan is quicker than Trivaldi lol :p

Trivaldi
31-08-12, 13:12
Or bug everyone's favourite GM/DEV... I'm not going to name names, but Zoltan is quicker than Trivaldi lol :p
That comes down to access I'm afraid. ;)

For now please don't bug any of the GMs for capped characters. We will be providing 'reverse LoM' pills to cap out characters and a convenient location in which to purchase all in game items, as per previous test servers. However this is taking a little time to prepare and requires a PTS patch which is in the works. Right now the delivery time for that is "When it's Done™". Bugging us all for something only a limited few can provide, while there is other stuff to test takes our time and focus away from preparing a better solution.

We really appreciate how eager everyone is to test out the changes and hunt for bugs and I really mean that. The response from the community has been amazing and is a real motivator for everyone on the team. The issues with newbie drones are known and will be dealt with in time. While everyone wants to get capped and test out the high level stuff, there is still a plethora of entry level and cosmetic content which could use a look over in the mean time.

For now I would suggest starting up a newbie character (that isn't a droner ;)) and testing out the newbie experience. Things like problems with Area MC5 (that sign outside the base does my head in!), issues with the Jones Missions, gimped classes at a low level or other low level items/areas which don't seem right. There's also the polish of the city sectors; broken signs, missing NPCs, CopBots who stare at walls, floating trees and boxes. If you check out the static stuff in Plaza 1, you'll notice a few minor fixes in that respect.

All of this stuff is ready and waiting to be reviewed and tested and is just as important as the high level stuff. After all new players need to have a fun and engaging low level experience in a finished looking environment to stick with the game.

nEo-1664
31-08-12, 13:24
Does this include the randomly placed STORM bot in P2 just after the P1-P2 sync block? :P

Mortis
31-08-12, 14:30
For now I would suggest starting up a newbie character (that isn't a droner ;)) and testing out the newbie experience.
mymy but leveling with bad pistols or rifles or such things are a pain in the ass... ;)
therefore i would prefer the droner lol :)

Trivaldi
31-08-12, 16:09
Does this include the randomly placed STORM bot in P2 just after the P1-P2 sync block? :P
I've cleaned up all the random NPCs and static actors. The only none permanent objects in the normal gameworld are the PTS welcome NPCs in Plaza 1 and white hacknet terminals in place to help everyone get around a lot easier.

The handy NPCs from Plaza 1 are now located in a temporary Neocron Mall, which you can enter from Plaza 1. This will be replaced with a more purpose built offering once it has been prepared and patched in.

mymy but leveling with bad pistols or rifles or such things are a pain in the ass... ;)
therefore i would prefer the droner lol :)
What makes it such a pain in ass? If this is a problem we need detailed information on it, please start a new thread in the Brainport forum if you feel the newbie experience needs altering.

A number of topics have been brought up here which need to be discussed in dedicated threads. Please utilise the Bug Reports and Brainport forums where appropriate.

Mortis
31-08-12, 16:53
What makes it such a pain in ass? If this is a problem we need detailed information on it, please start a new thread in the Brainport forum if you feel the newbie experience needs altering.

A number of topics have been brought up here which need to be discussed in dedicated threads. Please utilise the Bug Reports and Brainport forums where appropriate.

Cause on the PTS arent any resser/conster/modder what so ever
so its difficult for leveling a char, with bought weapons

Drachenpaladin
31-08-12, 17:23
Cause on the PTS arent any resser/conster/modder what so ever
so its difficult for leveling a char, with bought weapons

It works pretty fine even on the live O.o
Unless you freeload every few levels a new weapon from someone you can go with the npc stuff pretty fine.

Biglines
31-08-12, 20:26
about a year or two ago I leveled an apu from scratch, unsupported to relive the leveling experience. So no powerleveling or new weapons. While it doesn't go as fast as getting a whole load of weapons built, you only really need between 5-7 weapons from start til cap, since you level too fast anyway.