PDA

View Full Version : My NC list of things i would like to see

rachaelneco
29-08-12, 05:01
Neocron Ideas

I would like to some sort of in game black market or auction house so people and buy and sell there items they craft and fined a lot easier rather then spamming trade chat for hours of almost nothing. Or when we want to make a player shop we have to have a list of ever thing in the shop on another website that people have to go to rather then just looking on the AH/ black market (BM)

I think we need to take a look in to the PvE of NC. Right now we are in this mode that to do some or most stuff you need a ppu to heal and resurrect the some one when they die. There is also no way for some one to take aggro from the boss or the healer if they get it. So what I am thinking is that we should eather move to a transitional “WoW” styal of PvE of “tank” “healer” “dps”. Or make it so mobs and bosses will not one shot people who are not abusing the in game AI. It always feels wrong to me that the whole time I have played NC1 and NC2 the good leveling spots are the ones that the mobs cant kill you because they do to much damage other wise.

If we did move the “holy trinity” of other MMO's I might say we change Melee tanks to have a shield that can be used to take damage and bash mobs to make them attack the tank. This shield would only work on pve mobs to keep the defense balance out of pvp. Or just change mod damage so tank don't just get one shot by thing or get glitch killed. This would also let us go in to the DOY and WOC tunnels with out need to explote or cheat any thing.

I also would like to see a spy based healing class. One that main stat would be INT and the off stat would be DEX. The class its self would work like a ppu but it is a spy. An idea I had would be to make the healing nanites have a remote use and work like ppu spells for all levels so any one can inject some one with there nanites and heal them or buff them. The spy based healer would also have a resurrection type tool that is like future CPR or like a defibrillator in a hospital.

Giving AOE to melee and rifles, I never understood why these two weapon types don't have AOE. Rifles should have some think like the recoil-less rocket rifle that we had in WW2 for busting tank. We have rocket pistols why not rifles, only feel logical to me. Melee seem like it should have AOE with how many sweeping strike weapons there are. When playing a melee tank I feel like a super hero punching all the bad guys. And if I feel like a super hero why not let me cause all the collateral damage like a super hero. So make a melee weapon with a ground slam or and sword sweeping strike, and why not give the teaser a chain lightning effect.

flib
29-08-12, 08:00
I mean this in the most constructive way possible: those are all completely horrible ideas.

RuNmAN
29-08-12, 09:40
Agree with flib: horrible.

Go and play tsw or something, neocron is unique and i hope this will remain so.

Biglines
29-08-12, 13:20
I really don't know if you're just trolling or just have absolutely no idea what neocron is about...

the only viable idea in there is the aggro switcher, but that is just the creature focus on the ppu that needs to be fixed.

Powerpunsh
29-08-12, 13:57
Ill post my opinion to every of your ideas.

1. Playershops were in discussion and were announced as a feature of NC2 in the past. I have no idea how to manage an implementation of it. I mean you as a seller should be able to adjust the price and stuff. I think this would go to deep.

2. WoW Style in Neocron? The current PVE problem is high damage is some location. KK mentioned that they made high lvl spots more dangerous to support teamleveling. Current Problem is that player stay out of high level mobs range and deny damage. Making metashit like WoW do is just wrong. You simply got no spells beside the ppu/apu. You got a weapon thats all. Wont work with the game mechanic.

3. Like in point 2, shielding meleetanks would be complicated with ppu shields. You cant use spy nanites with ppu shields so you wont use that melee shield combined with ppu shields. But in general i have to agree that melee tanks are unbalanced. There has to be other things done.

4. Spy as a healing class? You would destroy a whole class. The spy class is supposed to do gather/trade. You can hunt Warbots and be a tradeskiller. Thats more a tank can do, so why add a ppu like ability? Beside this have you ever tried the remote anti shield nanites from a Private eye? Since the netcode is makeing you see other runner with a delayed positionupdating you will never be in range of a running enemy so the result is: You antishield yourself. Neocron is too "active and fast" to practice this.

5. Rocketrifl can be a possibility of a new weapon but there is still a general Problem with AOE weapons and its xpgain/moneygain/lootgain which has to be recosindered. If there would be a cut people wont use it on their own benefits so much. Meleetanks with somekind of AoE weapon? Sweaping weapons may possible but thats all and wouldnt give the buff they need. :)

dodgefahrer
29-08-12, 14:39
1. AH/BM i dont like the idea because it will player make interacting with each other less. The idea with the trade channel only is good and if you are a crafter/resser w/e people will know you ingame soon to PM you if they are in need of anything.

2. WoW style in NC-clearly a No-Go. I was never in need of an PPU when i was simply leveling. The only class which is in need of a PPU is the APU all other classes can level on their own (without exploiting anything!). It might take longer and is more dangerous but this means more fun on the other hand.
The only thing which need to be adjusted are "bugged" mob like the Persecuter which can simply one-shoot players because of the invisible damage.

3. In Neocron tank is tank no matter if melee/HC/PC w/e weapon he choose. Aggro hold was never a problem from my point of view therefore is no need for a shieldbashwhatevertauntskillsystem.

4. Spy based healing class is also not necessary. Neocron always had a good class system and the spy is trader or a "lonely wolf" and never was in need of a more powerful healing ability. They can already use nanites/survival packs/spells on their own like all other classes (except the spells) which is fair enough. Rezz is available to PPU and PE, why we need another rezzer? Beside if you wanna play healer - go PPU thats pretty much it.

5. Melee for Rifles and Melees i can imagine. Those 2 weapons never got a AOE balance like all other classes have (tanks/APU esp). So yeah if it would be possible to implement i probably would like it.
But as Powerpunsh already said the melee tank need a balancing first before thinking about implementing new stuff.

Drachenpaladin
29-08-12, 14:52
Well regarding the AH/BM i think i might work if the AH only allows "legal" goods, such as mats, non rare stuff and loot. Rare parts, rare weapons, WOC stuff and mission items would still have to be traded manually.

Riddle
29-08-12, 16:29
AH/BM - not for me either sorry, i like the current player interaction, the trade, the banter, people stopping by to have a chat, using contacts to source items. AH kills it all dead. Player shops should be exactly that player run shops, the player should be there to sell.

Grogor
29-08-12, 19:21
Almost everthing i would have said is allready said. Your ideas simple doesn't reflect the nature of neocron.

Neocron Ideas

There is also no way for some one to take aggro from the boss or the healer if they get it.

Yes there is. It's called Distract Mind (and it works.... mostly :) )

Biglines
29-08-12, 19:46
Almost everthing i would have said is allready said. Your ideas simple doesn't reflect the nature of neocron.

Yes there is. It's called Distract Mind (and it works.... mostly :) )

oh rights, thats what it's called. regretfully it only works on lower level mobs, high level mobs ignore it.

zii
29-08-12, 21:03
oh rights, thats what it's called. regretfully it only works on lower level mobs, high level mobs ignore it.

As high-level mobs blessed with an once of concentration should be able to remember whose was hitting them.

rachaelneco
30-08-12, 00:58
I mean this in the most constructive way possible: those are all completely horrible ideas.
and you comment is horrible

No this is not a troll, this is a list of junk that I have come up with over the years or thinking to my self "Would it be cool it?"

This is a think tank, a brain storm. There is no such thing as a bad idea only dead ends.

The worst ideas often lead to the best ones over time, so never shut down ever thing just because you personally don't like it. It might turn out that it is good for the community or it might just be nothing.

So now we got the ball rolling lets here ever ones bad ideas, there might be some good ones in there.

Dark-Destroy
30-08-12, 11:00
1. There is a "auction house". In every NC term is an ingame forum where u can list ur trades in a thread. I don't think, that this and additional the trade-chats need a special implementation of an auction house or something.

2. The PvE in nc is other than in other MMO's and that is GOOD. I think (except regant swamp cave) all level spots are possible with ppu when u get hits by an enemy. You have to go (often) in defence but it's okay.

3. Sorry this is (omg blessedly!) NOT WOW or Diablo.

4. Spy with heal nanites and resistor nanites like PPU shields? REMOTE? Are u totally crazy? This would destroy pvp without ppus totally. Sorry this isn't TF2.

5. I would say: Ban the rocket pistol. Sorry but this weapon looks totally ridiculous! The only think what would be possible is to give them (pistol and rifle) a new mod with ammunition which is like fragmentation grenades. But the damage should be bad and there should be no rare-rifles/pistols with fragmentation mod :) BUT: The idea with the melee tank could be a good one. Because If a MC Tank has a large sword or laserblade and strike out for a sword thrust it could be possible to hit more as one enemy if it is close enough to the mc tank.

Finally I have to say, that I agree with flib. Almost all of the ideas are horrible.

nEo-1664
30-08-12, 11:12
1. There is a "auction house". In every NC term is an ingame forum where u can list ur trades in a thread. I don't think, that this and additional the trade-chats need a special implementation of an auction house or something.

Just don't go using that in-game forum at the moment, as you will be dropped straight out to game login. As per:

Known Issues:
•TERMINAL: Ingame-Forums are dropping the player to login on access.

:)

Drachenpaladin
30-08-12, 14:11
Just don't go using that in-game forum at the moment, as you will be dropped straight out to game login.

Thats on the test server only and soon to be fixed, we are talking about long term changes here :rolleyes:
But the ingame forum is hardly used anyway afaik. At least by the people i know due to date bugs and such.

And still i find it somewhat awkward that a in a highly technological engineered world like NC we are, regarding this matter, closer to a medieval farmers market than all the fantasy games out there... :rolleyes:

Riddle
30-08-12, 14:23
Thats on the test server only and soon to be fixed, we are talking about long term changes here :rolleyes:
But the ingame forum is hardly used anyway afaik. At least by the people i know due to date bugs and such.

And still i find it somewhat awkward that a in a highly technological engineered world like NC we are, regarding this matter, closer to a medieval farmers market than all the fantasy games out there... :rolleyes:
Forums are all but useless due to date issue( next to no idea in real time when it was posted) and no moderation leads to excessive spam. Although funny to read, not conducive to a useful tool to support trade.

Ad for your medieval comment, I would differ in my opinion on that one. In this cyberpunk game, tech is there yes, but society is very different. Think of Johnny-mnemonic , ultraviolet or judge dredd most deals are done by the backstreet, not by the companies of today with media advertising.

Nidhogg
30-08-12, 14:36
The ingame forums are definitely a "known issue" but not high on the priority list at this point in time.

Riddle
30-08-12, 14:51
The ingame forums are definitely a "known issue" but not high on the priority list at this point in time. thanks Nid, although I wasn't really pointing out the in gane forums as an issue, which like you say we all know about. More around the discussion on this black market item :)
Even when fixed I would expect minimal use for trade items you need ASAP, more around the general adverts of " I sell rare parts" etc.

I do feel any auction house or automated selling will significantly diminish the interaction of players and probably my interest in the game. I don't trade for creds, its a social and RP thing at times.

flib
30-08-12, 16:46
Such a feature might just be the nail in the proverbial coffin.

Mad_Deunan
15-09-12, 01:13
i like to see a rollback to neocron patch 199 and then implement things like woc, regants, starter missions and then fix, improve from the good ol system

Kanedax
15-09-12, 05:27
I'd like to see melee rebalanced, the laser beam weapons fixed, a working stockx (low priority), nanites fixes so as to be a viable solution for resists. Also some weapons rebalanced, low tech rares (rifles and pistols mostly) do way too little damage. I should be able to use my Pain Easer or Terminator as a viable pvp option with my Private Eye.

nabbl
15-09-12, 11:36
I'd like to see melee rebalanced, the laser beam weapons fixed, a working stockx (low priority), nanites fixes so as to be a viable solution for resists. Also some weapons rebalanced, low tech rares (rifles and pistols mostly) do way too little damage. I should be able to use my Pain Easer or Terminator as a viable pvp option with my Private Eye.

++

(++)