PDA

View Full Version : Launcher hangs and crashes

Lo_Basc
27-08-12, 09:58
I'm all installed and patched but when I click "Play neocron 2" the loading screen appears, hangs and eventually crashes.

Riddle
27-08-12, 12:13
Check out this thread if using windows 7/vista may be of some help
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?140582-Neocron-on-Windows-Vista-7

Trivaldi
27-08-12, 12:18
This sounds a little like the "Chrome bug", if you've got Google Chrome running in the background either close it or it's flash process and the game should continue to load.

Lo_Basc
27-08-12, 15:35
I had thought it might be the "chrome bug" as a friend of mine had that but I don't use chrome and have checked that it's not running silently in the background at all.

Biglines
27-08-12, 15:37
winamp, vlc and unity games/apps also cause the "chrome bug", or afaik every other game that uses scaleform.

Lo_Basc
27-08-12, 16:44
I've literally closed everything down to bare minimums and still have the same issue.

flib
27-08-12, 19:03
Have you moved Neocron from Program Files?
Also, I doubt this will help you, but I did found a strange occurrence where I closed Firefox, but the process was still open, and Neocron wouldn't start until I ended the Firefox process.

Biglines
27-08-12, 19:04
Have you moved Neocron from Program Files?
Also, I doubt this will help you, but I did find a strange occurrence where I closed Firefox, but the process was still open, and Neocron wouldn't start until I ended the Firefox process.

ye, that's an option in firefox that preloads a section of the browser so it starts quicker when u click the button.

miditator
29-08-12, 01:55
Helped me turn off Skype.