PDA

View Full Version : Fix to "no in-game music" and "no area city maps"

stonehaven25
21-08-12, 23:57
I am running windows 7 on a dell studio laptop, so this fix should work for all windows 7 computers. This is the order that fixed these issues; though everything works fine still there was a quark i noticed while writing this which ill note below but no further action has been needed due to it.

1. Fix for area maps not showing up in cities (sector and small map) - I fixed this by right click the main neocron2 folder where ever you installed it and unselect the "read only" option then apply to all subfolders and files.

2. Fix music not playing in game - right click the client.exe and select properties, select the "compatability" tab at the top, then check the checkbox "run this program in compatibility mode for:", then from the dropdown box select "windows XP (service pack 3)", then at the bottom check the box "run this program as an administrator", click "apply" and "OK" and thats it.

Everything should be working now.

this is the quark i noticed while writing this, when I viewed the properties of the main neocron2 folder as above it looks like it reverted its self back to "read only", so i dont know what the deal there is but everyhting is working fine so i didnt mess with it any more.

flib
22-08-12, 00:03
Try moving neocron2 out of your Program Files directory, and put it somewhere like C:\Games\

Dropout
22-08-12, 00:06
Try moving neocron2 out of your Program Files directory, and put it somewhere like C:\Games\

If you - like me - wants everything clean and tidy the 'Run as admin' is perfectly viable.
But yeah, your right that moving it out of the program files directory, would fix it aswell :)

stonehaven25
22-08-12, 06:19

Yes i do this with all games. i copy the folder after install and paste in c:\ then uninstall the game and this did not fix the no music and map issue.

Note that some games will not work properly unless they are an official install and showing in your installed programs list but NC is not one of these.

stonehaven25
22-08-12, 14:52
However I am having an issue with the world map that this fix didnt help with, yesterday i was just out side TH doors and the world map showed me being in the Ceres Mine area while the small map showed my location in the TH zone normal, right now im outside NC and I dont show on the world map at all....

My resolution for game is set at 1440x900 as is my desktop resolution, cant think of anything else that would cause it to not work properly.

Biglines
22-08-12, 14:54
ye the resolution often fucks up the world map, just use the coordinate system to find your position, as the world map is only accurate on a zone basis anyway.