PDA

View Full Version : Account Management available

Mokoi
20-08-12, 15:48
Today we are happy to announce a major step forward for Neocron 2.

It sure took a while but we would to thank you for your patience, as well as thank everyone on the team who had a hand in getting this thing out the door. A special kudos goes to Zoltan and ArkHive, who did some of the heavy lifting below the surface.

So... what has changed?

Fire up the Neocron Launcher and find out!

Access to Neocron is no longer limited to those with existing accounts from way-back. New players who want to check out Neocron 2 and returning Neocron 1 veterans are welcome to create a new account and join the community. At the same time, Neocron 2 remains completely free of charge with no fees whatsoever. This includes the free creation of a game account and free access to being able to play.

If you have already played Neocron 2 in the past, but have lost/forgotten your password, we have included an easy procedure for you to recover your account(s). You too are able to use your accounts completely free of charge.

Should you run into any issues, please report them in this thread - or for comments related to critical bugs not appropriate for public discussion, please send me a pm.

With account creation back on its feet, we are very excited for the future.

All the best,
Neocron Support Team

P.S. The question has been asked if players who already have access to free Neocron 2 accounts, are allowed to create additional, free game accounts. Right now, the answer to this is no, and while that may change in the future, we ask everyone to keep in mind the current situation we are in as a community and comply with our fair-use rules.

UPDATE:
Some account passwords may lead to a "Wait 17 minutes..." error on character creation. Please change your password and make sure the new password does not contain the "#" character. You can do this here:
http://launcher.neocron.com/account_edit

garyu69
20-08-12, 15:53
Good times, hope it brings a few people back.

Michael Corvin
20-08-12, 15:53
*thumbs up*

The_Law
20-08-12, 15:54
As one of the new players getting ready to take his first steps into the city of Neocron I just want to say thank you so much to everyone that put the work in on this.

Dropout
20-08-12, 16:00
You and ofc the people behind the scenes deserves huge thanks!
I and hopefully everyone else is extremely grateful of all the Work you have done, and will (hopefully) continue to do in the future.
And Im sure even the people who whines about not being able to make new accounts are grateful aswell, or at least will learn to be :rolleyes:

Guess I'll have to get Win8 retail installed instead of the Release preview asap..

Nooq
20-08-12, 16:06
Yey, finally!! the warbots have missed me!

Thanks for the hard work!

Biglines
20-08-12, 16:24
yay new cannon fodder! *dusts off plasma cannon*

VictorKruger
20-08-12, 16:38
Woot!!

It has been a long day coming. I can't wait to get home from work and download and play this game.

Kallisty
20-08-12, 16:51
Just sent out a note to the gaming club I'm in - the Camarilla, with links to the download for the client and the forums. Ya might get a few from there.

Riddle
20-08-12, 17:18
Fantastic news!

I'll be supporting new runners as advertised over in the concenter :)

Just a quick question : Will this great leap forward be accompanied by announcement on any sites? Not sure if you can resurrect the "No more elves" graphix in support or something like it, to drum up 40-50% pops, got to be some free way to get message out there :) looking forward to this

Kirk Lenke
20-08-12, 17:32
Great work!!!!!

And perfect timing as well ;)

Powerpunsh
20-08-12, 17:36
Yay!
Im so happy to ask: what comes next? :D

BishopSoul
20-08-12, 17:43
what if we don't have a cell phone? trying to make my account but stuck on that

The_Law
20-08-12, 18:55
I'm getting an error saying "Char creation unavailable for 17 minutes", I already logged once and waited about 20, logged back in and got the same thing, any ideas?

Farril
20-08-12, 19:30
Hello The Law,

we were able to reproduce the problem and working on a solution.
The world server is unable to determinate when you created your last character. We are investigating why exactly this happens and will fix it as soon as possible.

Dropout
20-08-12, 19:48

Seriously..? Im sorry, but who doesnt have a cell phone these days.. Seriously..?

The_Law
20-08-12, 19:51
Hello The Law,

we were able to reproduce the problem and working on a solution.
The world server is unable to determinate when you created your last character. We are investigating why exactly this happens and will fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the update!

BishopSoul
20-08-12, 20:08
Seriously..? Im sorry, but who doesnt have a cell phone these days.. Seriously..?

Those that have little money and live in small towns....I need a good job. But seriously not everyone has that simple luxury.

Biglines
20-08-12, 20:10

there are people that have no cell phone? I mean, even my grandmother has a cellphone, and she's one of those women who eeks when I talk about a computer mouse... and I mean, a cell phone is cheaper than a land line these days.

that said, to be helpful, a lot of phone companies allow u to receive sms messages on ur landline, so you could try that.

=REMUS=
20-08-12, 20:44
Thanks for the update!

I should have a PC by the end of this week, so ill be able to level with you chief.

The_Law
20-08-12, 20:47
I should have a PC by the end of this week, so ill be able to level with you chief.

Awesome man, looking forward to it

dodgefahrer
21-08-12, 00:31
Well done and thumbs up for the work all the volunteers are doing on the greatest game ever !

Demental
21-08-12, 02:49
Nicely done gents. Im making some of my friends download the game and make noobs with me for fun =D

Might I suggest next having someone edit the website to remove old/out dated info and sections. Lot of info on the website is no longer needed, or scares people away. Such as press from 2004 being the most recent :D Small steps! Keep it up guys loving the progress.

flib
21-08-12, 03:26
TBH, I'd scrap it altogether, at least until you can put together something a little more up to date.

Demental
21-08-12, 05:58
or at least remove the 'free trial' crap plastered everywhere and write "FREE TO PLAY" so it doesn't scare people away not wanting to use money. That way you get em in the door and then they tell friends. THEN THEY ALL BECOME HOOKED ON NEOCRACK!!!!! :D

Garfield
21-08-12, 10:45
awesome just AWESOME!

TieT
21-08-12, 11:53
Im coming back to neocron, after playing neocron 1 for quite some time i didn't play the second , only the 10 day trial..
Is it F2P now ? complete ?

Ryan Steiner
21-08-12, 12:05

Yes !

Mokoi
21-08-12, 12:05

I'll have to give you a "Yes, but ..." answer on this one.

You can create an account free of charge and there is also no monthly fee or costs of any kind involved with playing Neocron 2.
While there are no plans to change this in the forseeable future, we cannot guarantee if/how/and/or when this may change again.

TL;DR: basically, yes.

Nidhogg
21-08-12, 12:09
I'd prefer to just call it free rather than "free to play". The term "F2P" traditionally relates to games with a cash shop or some other grind-related revenue generation mechanism whereas we have no revenue to generate at all (though we reserve the right to change that in the future). There's a stigma associated with "F2P" which I don't think does us any favours...

Nutshell? What have you got to lose except your (virtual) life? :)

TieT
21-08-12, 12:20
Look, its a nice game when you can play it for free.
I'm not gonna pay 15 euros a month to play on an empty server... that was my only issue

Zoltan
21-08-12, 12:32
For ppl with the character creation bug: Please read the update in the start post. Thank you!

Biglines
21-08-12, 15:22
I'd prefer to just call it free rather than "free to play". The term "F2P" traditionally relates to games with a cash shop or some other grind-related revenue generation mechanism whereas we have no revenue to generate at all (though we reserve the right to change that in the future). There's a stigma associated with "F2P" which I don't think does us any favours...

Nutshell? What have you got to lose except your (virtual) life? :)

good point, I'd even suggest going so far as dropping the free all together and call it community run? free does indeed imply that stigma.

TieT
22-08-12, 11:56
No sli compatibilty, no option for 1920x1080 or higher resolution..
I know its not a uberhigh details game but 1920x1080 should be default ...

Cannings
22-08-12, 12:11
Shit NidHogg you still around, remember me from way back?

Lets check out what all this hoo haa is about, dling now

Nidhogg
22-08-12, 12:19
I get parole in 8 to 10. I seem to remember you were banned, but my memory isn't what it once was. ;)

Dribble Joy
22-08-12, 12:31
Well that name certainly rings a bell.....

Cannings
22-08-12, 12:43
Only banned on forums nid! but seems that i'd done my time for those crimes as i'm back :P

Well DJ i'm actually not surprised to find you here lol

Tratos
22-08-12, 12:45
Hey Cannings, you're a blast from the past! Also, DJ was nailed to the ground a long, long time ago :p

Great to see account creation and password resets are back in business again. I'm sure I have a half noob I need to finish leveling ;)

Biglines
22-08-12, 14:29

it's a 2002 game that hasn't had a patch in 5 years...

Brammers
22-08-12, 15:31
Late to the party, but good work on the new launcher! :)

Check your configuration again or your DX drivers - I can select and run at 1920x1200.

ulx
22-08-12, 20:41
Late to the party, but good work on the new launcher! :)

Check your configuration again or your DX drivers - I can select and run at 1920x1200.

Reading carefully helps-_-
While its not a Problem to run neocron at 16:10 resolutions, it IS a problem to run it in 16:9, which 1080p is.

=P

Druid311
28-08-12, 20:32
There still is no chance to recover my NC1 account right? :) Ahh I miss it. I actually was playing a bunch of NC2.2(on a friend's account) last summer. The OP fights were awesome but the game was riddled with hackers. No game can compare to Neocron's immersion, or it's skill based leveling system. No games out there adopt player housing or any of Neocron's perks.

I do have one question. Is there a torrent of Neocron 2 out there so I can download the game faster? Is this permitted? Not trying to pirate the game, just want to speed up this download.

flib
28-08-12, 21:02
I do have one question. Is there a torrent of Neocron 2 out there so I can download the game faster? Is this permitted? Not trying to pirate the game, just want to speed up this download.
Why would anyone think that a torrent of the installer has anything to do with "piracy"? What an association! :rolleyes:

Druid311
28-08-12, 21:04
Why would anyone think that a torrent of the installer has anything to do with "piracy"? What an association! :rolleyes:

lol. I'm downloading the installer right now, and it is going at 230kb :|

Trivaldi
28-08-12, 21:24
Although I was joking before about my NC1 account, it is impossible to recover that?
Neocron 1 accounts are long.

Druid311
28-08-12, 21:41
Neocron 1 accounts are long.

Thank you Trivaldi! No problem. I'm just happy to be able to play again. I'm telling all of my old friends about it too.

vorion
29-08-12, 01:41
Thank you Trivaldi! No problem. I'm just happy to be able to play again. I'm telling all of my old friends about it too.

dub i still live ingame.......

Druid311
30-08-12, 01:20
dub i still live ingame.......

hey dude check your inbox! txt me also

Mr_Snow
30-08-12, 02:31
Clicked forgotten password, went through the forgotten password process, got a new password in mail and tried that password. No good, password not recognised.
Went through the process a second time, got a new new password, tried again and password still not recognised. Now temp-locked out of account management.

Yay?
:)

Gau
30-08-12, 08:52
Gutted mate...

hey snow glad to see you bk any news on the rest o the syn boys :) recon there gonna show agen.
lost touch with em after the clan forums stopped workin for me

Nidhogg
30-08-12, 10:22
Clicked forgotten password, went through the forgotten password process, got a new password in mail and tried that password. No good, password not recognised.
Sorry to hear that. What's the exact error message you're seeing and we'll try and figure it out.

Danae
30-08-12, 21:01
You guys know, as always, for problems you can't fix on your own please email: account [at ] neocron [dot] info

Just a tip, if you email in English, you'll get answered faster <3

nEo-1664
31-08-12, 10:17
You guys know, as always, for problems you can't fix on your own please email: account [at ] neocron [dot] info

Just a tip, if you email in English, you'll get answered faster <3

Danae, I only just noticed your sig:

The internet is full of raping, murderous, necrophiliac, cannibals who will hump you, kill you, hump you, and eat you. Be wary who you troll!

Is that describing yourself, or any member of the NC team? lol :p

Drachenpaladin
31-08-12, 14:53
Is that describing yourself, or any member of the NC team? lol :p

Not just Danae or the NC team but anyone here from the community... :p

Nidhogg
31-08-12, 17:03
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/Dangerousdaze/reaver.jpg

/approves.

Xiphias
20-09-12, 00:27
I've done that twice now and I don't get any response! Still wanting to change the email addresses to one of my accounts.

DataJ4k
20-09-12, 22:58
Out of curiosity, is Account Creation still disabled?

Mokoi
20-09-12, 23:22
Out of curiosity, is Account Creation still disabled?

It should be available.
Try http://launcher.neocron.com/account_create

DataJ4k
20-09-12, 23:56
Thanks for the reply, but I still get a "Failed to complete registration error" when I use the link provided in the email. I had figured it was because of the recent outages a week or so ago when I had first tried, but now I don't know what to do.

Mokoi
21-09-12, 01:44
Thanks for the reply, but I still get a "Failed to complete registration error" when I use the link provided in the email. I had figured it was because of the recent outages a week or so ago when I had first tried, but now I don't know what to do.

Right now we are struck with server issues again, which blocks the second step of account creation.
Also, the confirmation code you get has a limited lifespan and will invalidate after 24h. If you are unsure if your validation code is still 'ok', send me a p.m. or contact account@neocron.info

Sorry for the inconvinience - the new infrastructure is still a little volatile :)

Xeovar
21-09-12, 10:55
How long it should take to get a confirmation code emailed ? I'm waiting for 30 min atm, wondering if that's standard...

Edit: I got it after more or less 1.5h

Cheddar
22-09-12, 00:16
What are the rules on multiple accounts?

Mokoi
22-09-12, 01:25
What are the rules on multiple accounts?

This registration form is intended only for players without a Neocron 2 game account.
Please contact account@neocron.info if you need help regaining access to your existing Neocron 2 game account(s). Neocron 1 accounts are long gone and can not be recovered - please create a new account.
We look forward to seeing you in Neocron.

If you have bought multiple accounts in the past you are free to use them of course.
We do ask you to stick to "fair use" while everything here is offered free of charge and that includes only creating new accounts if you do not already have access to an account.
We like to think this is a fair deal and reserve the right to close down _all_ accounts of people found offending it.