PDA

View Full Version : Judge Dredd 3D

=REMUS=
20-08-12, 09:58
Anyone else jizzing their pants in anticipation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PifvRiHVSCY

Dark-Destroy
20-08-12, 10:04
01:13 CITYADMIN!

Looks great

Nidhogg
20-08-12, 10:08
As someone who grew up on 2000AD I really want this to work. Fingers crossed...

=REMUS=
20-08-12, 10:18
As someone who grew up on 2000AD I really want this to work. Fingers crossed...

Yep, when I was younger I used to get Eagle and my brother got 2000AD... we used to read each others comics after we'd finished our own :)

It seems like they've got a better idea of what Judge Dredd should be, i'll always defend the first movies architecture and scenes, it was just the cliche plot that let it down so completely... and taking his fecking helmet off all the time. Stallone actually looked a little like how I envisaged him, certainly had the chin for it :D

Neocron is so close to Dredd's world, it could bring in some fresh faces if theres any cash in the pot for marketing?

Nidhogg
20-08-12, 11:11
We don't have any cash I'm afraid. Hell, we don't even have a pot. ;)

=REMUS=
20-08-12, 11:29
We don't have any cash I'm afraid. Hell, we don't even have a pot. ;)

ha! reminds me of an english phrase "we don't even have a pot to piss in" :p

Dribble Joy
20-08-12, 13:43
*Geekgasm*

Biglines
20-08-12, 14:25
hmm, hate to be the first negative poster, but it looks like it's just another "oh look, there's a thousand bad guys between me and my goal, let's shoot them all, and then the movie is over". while the original was cheesy, at least it had a story involving a lot of the system and philosophy about being a judge etc, corruption of power, rebirth, redemption, overthrowing the regime etc etc.

=REMUS=
20-08-12, 15:02
hmm, hate to be the first negative poster, but it looks like it's just another "oh look, there's a thousand bad guys between me and my goal, let's shoot them all, and then the movie is over". while the original was cheesy, at least it had a story involving a lot of the system and philosophy about being a judge etc, corruption of power, rebirth, redemption, overthrowing the regime etc etc.

You're being hugely presumptuous, even Wagner said that the original was not a true representation of the character or any of the plots/storylines he or any of the other 2000ad writers have published.

Biglines
20-08-12, 16:32
yes, saying "it looks like" is supposed to be presumptuous, basing any kind of idea on a trailer is presumptuous... and as such to me it's a bad trailer if the movie is anything more. I also wasn't talking about whether or not it aligns with 2000ad, all I'm saying is that from that trailer, the only impression I get is a dumb action movie that has almost no story and is simply shooting everyone because he's a judge and he's allowed to. This is the impression I'm getting from that trailer, not any less presumptuous than anything else said in this thread. I really enjoyed the original movie mostly because it was a dumb action movie combined with some nice ideas. It's possible that this new one is better, but me being a presumptuous ass, I don't get that impression from the trailer.

Nooq
20-08-12, 16:38
too "un-dreddy" to me, not enough sci-fi compared to 2000ad comics

The_Law
20-08-12, 18:30
Can't wait, I've been reading nothing but Dredd as of late

=REMUS=
20-08-12, 21:11
yes, saying "it looks like" is supposed to be presumptuous, basing any kind of idea on a trailer is presumptuous... and as such to me it's a bad trailer if the movie is anything more. I also wasn't talking about whether or not it aligns with 2000ad, all I'm saying is that from that trailer, the only impression I get is a dumb action movie that has almost no story and is simply shooting everyone because he's a judge and he's allowed to. This is the impression I'm getting from that trailer, not any less presumptuous than anything else said in this thread. I really enjoyed the original movie mostly because it was a dumb action movie combined with some nice ideas. It's possible that this new one is better, but me being a presumptuous ass, I don't get that impression from the trailer.

I really don't understand your point about the trailer, a trailer isn't supposed to tell you the entire storyline or there would be no point in watching the movie since there would be no suprises...etc?

Perhaps i'm too close to this as i'm a big 2000AD fan and being oversensitive?