PDA

View Full Version : [NC:R] Unofficial Poll - Opinions on Servers?

=REMUS=
16-08-12, 10:08
When neocron is reloaded as free to play, how do you feel the servers should be set up?

sobaka
16-08-12, 10:33
complete wipe wouldn't work, How would you farm rares/mc5s it would take people weeks. And too woc and farm disk I don't think that may people would go for it. Sounds too good to be true unless they gave stuff away.

=REMUS=
16-08-12, 11:57
complete wipe wouldn't work, How would you farm rares/mc5s it would take people weeks. And too woc and farm disk I don't think that may people would go for it. Sounds too good to be true unless they gave stuff away.

The same way anyone farms tech parts and then mc5???

I think it would be fantastic, running gun battles between clans in the wastes harvesting tech parts, tactical alliances and deplomacy between clans for mc5, a thriving econemy putting work back in the hands of constructors/researchers.

Dark-Destroy
16-08-12, 13:24
votet for 1 server complete wipe

=REMUS=
16-08-12, 14:54
votet for 1 server complete wipe

I think it'd be quite funny, everyone in aggy cellars punching mobs to death for a few days ^_^ pvp would be interesting/slow lol :D

Biglines
16-08-12, 15:53
All the activity from the volunteer gm team has absolutely nothing to do with neocron:reloaded, and I doubt we'll see neocron:reloaded sooner than a few years from now. I would personally think that as neocron:reloaded is a completely separate game, built from the ground up, it's very unlikely to have any kind of char/item transfer from nc2.

Ivan Eres
16-08-12, 16:04
I think it'd be quite funny, everyone in aggy cellars punching mobs to death for a few days ^_^ pvp would be interesting/slow lol :D

haha pvp with the starter gear ^^

WuTangClan
16-08-12, 16:22
Is there an opition for "I don't think NC:Reloaded will ever come out"?

Sechs
16-08-12, 16:45
Is there an opition for "I don't think NC:Reloaded will ever come out"?

I love you.

Also, 1 Server, complete wipe.
This would, aside from being the only logical in terms of a < 100 Playerbase, create the IMHO fairly nice situation where people would actually have to get off their lazy asses to farm again.

Yeah, you heard me.
So what if you HAVE to find a team to kill some warbots?
So what if you only start with a knife and it takes forever?
So what if you'll actually have fun doing it?

Really, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a complete wipe.
And if you're going to bitch about your stuff, hey, it's not like you're the only one who's going to lose all your woc pa's ... :rolleyes:

=REMUS=
16-08-12, 17:42
All the activity from the volunteer gm team has absolutely nothing to do with neocron:reloaded, and I doubt we'll see neocron:reloaded sooner than a few years from now. I would personally think that as neocron:reloaded is a completely separate game, built from the ground up, it's very unlikely to have any kind of char/item transfer from nc2.

Hmm... i'm not sure why you've brought up these topics in reply to this thread as they're not particularly relevant the scenario it proposes imho, no one knows what the future holds for NC yet or reloaded and I didn't mention anything about the volunteer gm team but they do have the option of what I and many before have proposed? I'm just hoping the GM crew know that a clean slate will be good for the game from my point of view.

dodgefahrer
16-08-12, 23:24
1 server complete wipe gets my vote.
Fresh start from scratch for everyone is the magic key xdd and yeah some decent PvP in the aggi cellar with the starter gear will be soooo much fun tho.

Demental
16-08-12, 23:33
I'd love to see 1 server (imagine actually seeing people in more places than just plaza) with a fresh start 100% wipe. I'd come back to play this hardcore like I used to back in 02 ;D Great game... hope to continue seeing good news about it.

*goes back to ninja following the game*

Bruder Malmsdoo
17-08-12, 02:19
Two 2-slot-server (players have to play together) ENG & DEU (i am too lazy to speak english all the time, a lot of different languages destroy the atmosphere), Transfer of only 1 Char (a lot of leveling). Complete item/app/quickbelt-wipe.

Dropout
17-08-12, 03:28
I would HATE a item/character wipe (3 accounts with 4 fully capped characters on each, fully equiped..). But I find it highly unlikely that we are going to be able to transfer anything to a new game engine lol.

yavimaya
17-08-12, 04:30
Plus the fact that it would bascially stop anyone new joining.

LiL T
17-08-12, 05:54
1 server complete wipe, what noob would want to start playing and stay if there are gimps running around with WOC weapons owning the shit out of the low level areas...

Spoon
17-08-12, 07:07
NC:R is going to be a new game, so everyone is going to be starting from scratch or you would think that would be the case...
And NC2 will probably running in it's current state along side NC:R..
That's my thoughts at least.

Unless KK said they were bringing the servers down to put NC:R on them? I haven't heard that...yet...

Not sure where all this server wipe/transfers for NC:R is coming from....

=REMUS=
17-08-12, 08:46
Not sure where all this server wipe/transfers for NC:R is coming from....

It's just a discussion mate, don't worry about it.

Ivan Eres
17-08-12, 11:05

Yeah sure, maybe this was a misunderstanding of the OP but I take this poll as a general test for the view of the comm regardint the server situation and the wipe in NC and that's why I voted anyway.

Regards

zii
17-08-12, 23:49
1 x 4 slot server
1 x 1 slot server
For any language.
No wipe.

Powerpunsh
18-08-12, 02:03
1 Server, complete wipe is the only solution.

Dribble Joy
18-08-12, 14:18
1 server. Wipe all but QB.

Selket
18-08-12, 16:01
1 Server Complete wipe.

since everybody starts from 0 there is finally a chance for new players to come into the game aswell. When i hear that some people have near 100k techparts....omg that is kinda enough i guess. Start from new, be proud of ur first 2slot rare and make a freaking party when u got some MC5 gear.

Kamuix99
18-08-12, 16:29
1 Server for all, complete wipe.

Creates an Economy again
Gets rid of Player imbalance
Makes the game interesting for new players
All languages welcome

flib
18-08-12, 23:36
Please stop calling it a wipe.

=REMUS=
19-08-12, 15:43
Please stop calling it a wipe.

You truly are a bundle of unbridled joy.

ICE98
19-08-12, 19:16
2x 4 slot server for f2p ! no wipe
1x 1 slot multiserver

yavimaya
20-08-12, 04:07
2x 4 slot server for f2p ! no wipe
1x 1 slot multiserver

I'd reverse that.
1 slot F2p server.
4 slot Subscription server.

Dropout
20-08-12, 13:09
I'd reverse that.
1 slot F2p server.
4 slot Subscription server.

Why would this be a good idea? Account type sure, but for the love of... Do not split the f2p and paying customers on different servers.. We need a higher population..

LiL T
20-08-12, 13:55
I would prefer incentives to go premium, such as 25% more exp when lvling, 25% more cash from mobs, auto researching and contructing (yep queuing up items in batches) that sort of thing. I'd pay a premium monthly for that, on top of that I think they could allow people to change faction using micro payments and other little convenience things but I'd hate it if they did something stupid like force people to pay subscription to use WOC weapons or anything that gives a huge advantage. While I'd personally pay a subscription myself I'd still like many f2p players to fight with out having a massive advantage over them.

I really think they couldn't fit everyone on 1 server if a flood of new players joined, I think the lag would be very bad unless they are willing to invest in expensive hardware, I remember a time when there was 800 players on one server and you could not move in plaza 1 with out bumping into people :D. I think they would love to have everyone fit onto one realm but its more likely they would first have to start adding more servers and I think the best thing they could do is make 1 EU server 1 US server with the possibility of an Asian server in the future.

olavski
20-08-12, 16:19

Creates an Economy again
All languages welcome

This.

Dark-Destroy
20-08-12, 17:12

Creates an Economy again
All languages welcome
This.

This, absolutely this!

Biglines
20-08-12, 18:29
you would never get the majority of past and current players to agree to it, since it will completely fuck over every casual player that logs into the game occasionally for fun, or the majority of players who 10 years after leveling their chars in highschool, now have jobs to go to and can't level/grind/farm yet again to woc to be viable in half a year.

The only option I think might be viable is opening a new server, but that would split up the community...

Seeing as you can never reach the majority of the people that don't want a wipe (mostly because they won't log in just to vote on a poll), a poll like this doesn't show in the least what the community wants. The only thing you can be sure of is that a few people want a wipe, the vast majority of people aren't reached however, so it doesn't say anything realistically.

I love that you're putting in a lot of effort to get info from the people, but polls like this are dangerous because they are both badly worded (I bet the majority of voters think u mean NC:Reloaded instead of nc2) and non-representative of the actual population/userbase. The only thing that can truthfully be said from this poll is that 40 out of hundreds/thousands of players want a wipe. It is possible that more people want it, but impossible to reliably show.

(for those that are gonna say that polling is representative, to make a reliable poll, your sample population has to be randomly picked from a larger population, the people that respond to this poll are not even remotely randomly picked, as they are only the people that read the forums, have an account, have a strong opinion, and can be bothered to click, which is not even remotely random or representative).

flib
20-08-12, 20:03
(I bet the majority of voters think u mean NC:Reloaded instead of nc2)

Hahaha. Oh wow.
He meant the NC2 servers? http://i48.tinypic.com/5463ut.gif

Ivan Eres
20-08-12, 20:42
...a poll like this doesn't show in the least what the community wants....

It's all we got and we gotta use what we have.

=REMUS=
20-08-12, 20:55
you would never get the majority of past and current players to agree to it, since it will completely fuck over every casual player that logs into the game occasionally for fun, or the majority of players who 10 years after leveling their chars in highschool, now have jobs to go to and can't level/grind/farm yet again to woc to be viable in half a year.

The only option I think might be viable is opening a new server, but that would split up the community...

Seeing as you can never reach the majority of the people that don't want a wipe (mostly because they won't log in just to vote on a poll), a poll like this doesn't show in the least what the community wants. The only thing you can be sure of is that a few people want a wipe, the vast majority of people aren't reached however, so it doesn't say anything realistically.

I love that you're putting in a lot of effort to get info from the people, but polls like this are dangerous because they are both badly worded (I bet the majority of voters think u mean NC:Reloaded instead of nc2) and non-representative of the actual population/userbase. The only thing that can truthfully be said from this poll is that 40 out of hundreds/thousands of players want a wipe. It is possible that more people want it, but impossible to reliably show.

(for those that are gonna say that polling is representative, to make a reliable poll, your sample population has to be randomly picked from a larger population, the people that respond to this poll are not even remotely randomly picked, as they are only the people that read the forums, have an account, have a strong opinion, and can be bothered to click, which is not even remotely random or representative).

Do you over-think everything?

I did mean Neocron Reloaded, hence me naming the thread and poll "when NC is Reloaded" and stating "When neocron is reloaded as free to play, how do you feel the servers should be set up?"

I'm not trying to trick people into voting for a single server wipe in nc2 if that's what you're implying?

Hahaha. Oh wow.
He meant the NC2 servers? http://i48.tinypic.com/5463ut.gif

I think you're the best thing that's ever happened to these forums.

Biglines
21-08-12, 00:45
:S so why say otherwise when I asked this before...

if u mean neocron:reloaded, the whole wipe thing is pointless anyway, since if it ever comes out, it'll be a separate game that has hardly anything to do with nc2...

and "when neocron is reloaded as free to play" is completely ambiguous, since nc2 is being "reloaded" as free to play as we speak (since f2p account creation has gone active...)

So yes, I've missread what you've posted in both ur OP, and ur answer to my question on the first page.

and where did I say u were tricking anyone? I'm only saying a poll like that is useless because of multiple reasons (badly worded question, non-representative population).

And yes, I overthink pretty much everything, mostly because I hate it when things like this are done badly and somehow are intended to yield info on which to base decisions. I really hate these kinds of polls because due to my work I know how many bad decisions in government, business and education are based on badly used polling.

So in conclusion, I like that you try to get a discussion going on the language side of things, and I love the optimism in doing this for a game that will probably not come out for years if ever, but please in the future don't do polls like this for serious questions, because often people get convinced that the results of such a poll actually means something it does not.

flib
21-08-12, 01:20
I think you're the best thing that's ever happened to these forums.
I am far too humble to say that I agree, but thank you for saying so!

LiL T
21-08-12, 03:10
We want a clean start because a clan with 1 billion which was setup only 2 month ago or less is hardly legit...

Moving over all the rares and lvls etc to a new server will end in disaster... Mark my words, it will only end badly.

LiL T
21-08-12, 03:20
What will happen if you move those WOC players onto a new server is this...

Noob lvling team at CRP gets ganked, they think ugh now I have to get poked and they return pker comes back kills them again, they think ok we will try this again, then pker ganks them at the GR, they then ALT + F4 and uninstall the game never to return. That's what happens and its no use saying well they would not have liked this game anyway haha stupid nubs... because they are unable to do anything about it because they are using duh a tangent plasma cannon or some stupid shit like that...

That is the only reason I want it wiped completely and a fresh start because the last time it did not work so well...

And yes, I overthink pretty much everything, mostly because I hate it when things like this are done badly and somehow are intended to yield info on which to base decisions. I really hate these kinds of polls because due to my work I know how many bad decisions in government, business and education are based on badly used polling.

So you hate it when the poll is not in your favour?

That's what it looks like to me, also how many people do you think plays this game? Also what harm is there in running a poll to get a general feel for what people want? Do you also understand what a democracy is? (ok maybe I could have left that out...)

=REMUS=
21-08-12, 07:04
So in conclusion, I like that you try to get a discussion going on the language side of things, and I love the optimism in doing this for a game that will probably not come out for years if ever, but please in the future don't do polls like this for serious questions, because often people get convinced that the results of such a poll actually means something it does not.

Biglines, put the keyboard down and step away from the PC.

I'm not sure what you've done to feel that you can elevate yourself to a position to make such... ahem... abstract extrapolations and judgements.

In conclusion, this is not a new question... the topic of a server wipe and a unified single server are not new concepts, however to fix the damage done to this game... a clean slate might be the answer. People posting here are not stupid Biglines, you should give them more credit.

Trivaldi
21-08-12, 08:40
I've taken the liberty of renaming this thread to make the purpose more clear and indicate that this doesn't carry any weight officially. I'll be honest, up until now I really didn't know which game you were on about with your original question.

Right now everything you see under the neocron.com and neocron.info websites is strictly to do with the Neocron 2.2 game available to play, for free, for everyone. Should there be any discussion or information regarding Neocron:Reloaded, it will come from Kirk Lenke or someone authorised to share that information on his behalf. The team you see here on the forums, rebuilding your service, in game and through other Neocron communication channels are dedicated to Neocron 2.2 and at the moment have no ties at all to Neocron:Reloaded.

In the past we prevented the use of the forum's polling feature as a simple click to vote poll never gets the true opinion of those answering - we've learned that the hard way over the last decade. For those reading please take this discussion and its poll with a pinch of salt. If you really want to share your opinions of course feel free to vote but an explanation and your interpretation of the poll option you selected is always the best approach.

While I'm here I'd like to remind you all to review the forum rules as they are still in affect. They might well be the only accurate thing on the website. ;)

yavimaya
21-08-12, 08:50
Why would this be a good idea? Account type sure, but for the love of... Do not split the f2p and paying customers on different servers.. We need a higher population..

I didnt say it was a good idea, all i did was say that i would reverse that.
Although obviously 1 server would be alot better, do you honestly think that will happen?
Anyway, i just said that because why would anyone pay for a premium service when it means they get one char and F2P players get 4 chars?

I think KK should take Lil Terrors suggestion seriously, there needs to be an asian server.
Apart from meaning i could play NC at a decent ping (although i would still play on the euro/us servers as there would be no english on an asian server), with all the people in china/india who can only afford crappy computers still, there would be a massive market in those countries for older games / ones that need less power.

Ivan Eres
21-08-12, 09:43
Please calm down everybody.

If there was a misunderstanding regarding the exact nature of the poll it can be deleted and repeated.

I think we are all trying to do the best for the game and the community so lets unite in this and divide over this.

Dribble Joy
21-08-12, 09:55
We want a clean start because a clan with 1 billion which was setup only 2 month ago or less is hardly legit...
There's only one clan on Terra with over 1 billion nc. Ressi. Though a couple are close, both of which are older clans.

Moving over all the rares and lvls etc to a new server will end in disaster... Mark my words, it will only end badly.
And what happens after a week or two after the new game hits? Everyone is capped and has a rare weapon. A month? Two months?

Wipe the vast amounts of cash and back-up gear, but let the people who worked hard to keep something.
Like I suggested, keep the xp and allow what you can carry in your QB barring tools (to stop people muling tl150s over for cash). It's hardly going to break the economy.

Biglines
21-08-12, 14:58
Biglines, put the keyboard down and step away from the PC.

I'm not sure what you've done to feel that you can elevate yourself to a position to make such... ahem... abstract extrapolations and judgements.

ok, I have to ask, now what are you talking about?

the bit that you quoted? what is wrong about it? or do you genuinely not get the explanation about the fallacy of such polls? If you are genuinely interested in more in-depth explanation of the mechanics behind it, I can give you some quality references to some articles on the dangers of polls like this?

as to you feeling I'm elevating myself, I am not trying to do that in general, but on the topic of valid user/client evaluation I have had years of experience, as well as in-depth courses on what is wrong with the majority of polling employed by "consultancy" agencies. I'm not saying I'm even remotely an expert in this area, but I do know a lot about it, and can recognize bad ones when I see them.

In conclusion, this is not a new question... the topic of a server wipe and a unified single server are not new concepts, however to fix the damage done to this game... a clean slate might be the answer. People posting here are not stupid Biglines, you should give them more credit.

You're so incredibly ambiguous, last post you said you were talking about nc:reloaded, now you are talking about fixing damage done through a wipe... which is it? nc:reloaded is a separate game so no damage or wipe is relevant to it...

Dribble Joy
21-08-12, 15:01
nc:reloaded is a separate game so no damage or wipe is relevant to it...
Unless, like with NC1 to NC2, there's the possibility of character transfer.

Biglines
21-08-12, 15:08
So you hate it when the poll is not in your favour?

That's what it looks like to me, also how many people do you think plays this game? Also what harm is there in running a poll to get a general feel for what people want? Do you also understand what a democracy is? (ok maybe I could have left that out...)

this poll isn't "not in my favour"... especially if he's talking about nc:r, since ofc that will be a complete clean slate without items or characters from nc2...

my problem with this poll is about the way in which it is both badly worded, badly targeted and will result in people drawing conclusions from it that are not supported by facts.

Hell I really would like to see if people would want an nc2 wipe (even though apparently this topic has nothing to do with nc2), but for that to happen a poll on these forums would be useless. I personally prefer not to wipe the servers, as I don't have the time to level new chars (I don't exploit drones, so it takes me weeks of boring grinding), but if the majority would like it I could live with that, as the origin days would be cool to relive as well.

Drevious
21-08-12, 15:11
they NEED to wipe with all the duping and glitching that happened

Biglines
21-08-12, 15:12
Unless, like with NC1 to NC2, there's the possibility of character transfer.

nc2 was basically the same game as nc1, only with some content changes and additions.

neocron:reloaded will be a completely new engine (unity), completely new backend, completely new programming language even. while it is conceivable that it might be possible to write a piece of software that can transfer across characters, the likelihood of that happening is very very small.

but yes, it is possible I guess.

Biglines
21-08-12, 15:18

why? I can get about 50 techparts a day by simply fighting firemobs, so I could outfit any character in a day or two, less if I traded the techparts with an active trader like Logans.

It seems most of the dupers have been banned (at least I haven't seen any of them online anymore suddenly), and traders are coming back again.

how does a wipe help against glitching? (I guess u mean exploits or cheats?)

don't take this as a personal attack, I am genuinely interested in seeing how you think a wipe will improve things.

Mass leveling and pve is something I can see being an advantage of a wipe, but with most dupers gone, and characters being easy to outfit, I don't really see how a wipe will improve anything else...

Dropout
21-08-12, 16:22

Fuck no! Theres just no way in hell that Im gonna go through the troubles of outfitting 12 characters Again..

Dribble Joy
21-08-12, 16:30
neocron:reloaded will be a completely new engine (unity), completely new backend, completely new programming language even. while it is conceivable that it might be possible to write a piece of software that can transfer across characters, the likelihood of that happening is very very small.
All the ingame items have a code, all the items in NC:R will have a code. Unless the whole system is completely altered (ie. there is no longer stat %s, slots, mods or condition similar to those at current), you should be able to port items quite easily.