PDA

View Full Version : Patch server

yavimaya
16-08-12, 07:42
Is the FTP patch server down?
My launcher cant connect even after finding i should change .com to .info.
I cant login with the usernames im sure are right through firefox.
I havent tried an FTP program, but im not going to that effort.

I am basically happy to wait, but would like to know if its still up.

Thanks.

Setlec
16-08-12, 08:42
have you modified your launcher ini file?

Mokoi
16-08-12, 08:52
The ftp server is not down, but it requests user credentials for the public folders for some reason. In other words: the problem is not specific to yavimaya's case.

Issue has been forwarded - will surely get resolved soon™

yavimaya
16-08-12, 08:53
I hadnt, it didnt work.
Then i did, it still didnt work.
I copy and pasted the updated ini that the mods posted.
I also changed .com to .info that i found in another post.
I dont know if the info i have is the latest, all this stuff should be in a sticky somewhere and should have always been there and left forever.

Its ok, im sure i have the patches stored away at home ( i hope), i just wanted to get on today.

Mok, i put my details in over firefox, not sure if its actually broken or not, but i always got an "incorrect details" responce.

Thanks for your help guys.

Trivaldi
16-08-12, 09:17
all this stuff should be in a sticky somewhere and should have always been there and left forever.
While this is a temporary problem which has largely been resolved, all the information can be found here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?145151-Launcher-Issues-amp-Work-Around). If you get our temporary page inside the launcher on first start, you should not need to edit your updater file as the old address now forwards correctly to the new one.

The issue you are facing is that you shouldn't require any credentials at all to access the patches, not that you are supplying incorrect credentials. In the mean time to get you up and running, you can download the patches from the TechHaven Network (http://www.techhaven.org/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,132/task,cat_view/gid,64) who kindly provide such a resource.

yavimaya
16-08-12, 09:25
Sorry i more meant that there used to be a sticky (as there should be) that walks people through DL'ing client, patching, logging in, etc, etc.

This is the best game ever, but also one of the hardest to get setup ever unless you are a veteran, but as you can see even veterans can get a bit stuck if they havent done it in awhile.

MrTrip
16-08-12, 22:10
Sorry i more meant that there used to be a sticky (as there should be) that walks people through DL'ing client, patching, logging in, etc, etc.

This is the best game ever, but also one of the hardest to get setup ever unless you are a veteran, but as you can see even veterans can get a bit stuck if they havent done it in awhile.

I believe they are working on fixing all that... That way we can get new players into the game without it being a complete cluster fuck. I have considered writing a new installer for the game at PL174 but have been kind of lazy lately. Anyway, the GM staff is fixing things up for us all, just have to be patient.

yavimaya
17-08-12, 01:19
As i said its cool, its just all the old (very valuable) info has been pretty much lost.
eg. there was a thread which was in the archives, i have it bookmarked at home, that was about widescreen resolutions, getting 1080, etc. It listed the command you need to put into your .ini to allow non standard modes, but it seems to have been moved or deleted.
Without searching all day, i cannot find the command to change the RPOS from one to another.
If i get back into the game enough and can find the info, ill try to make up something a bit more comprehensive than i can find, as all the "ingame commands" threads i can find only seem to list about half of what there actually is (?).

yavimaya
03-09-12, 07:41
- New option in neocron.ini: 'LIMITMODES = "FALSE"' removes the limitation of the fullscreen modes. No liability for display errors in the main menu and R.P.O.S. (In other words, you can use uncommon resolutions like widescreen)
-Patch 188

Posting this here too so it isnt as easily lost in the future.