PDA

View Full Version : Current Neocron Version

jvasquez33
14-08-12, 20:13
It's been a while since i've last played and when I did come back for a short period fire mobs were 1 shotting me and were apparently bugged. Can't honestly remember how long ago that was, but I have a few questions (yes I love my neocron!)

1. Has there been any fixes to the game as of late?
2. Do they plan on fixing/updating the current version?

Drachenpaladin
14-08-12, 20:32
NO and NO.

With a developer going through insolvency its kinda tricky to support the game but there is a dedicated voluntary team, doing their best improve the situation where possible.

Powerpunsh
14-08-12, 21:26
Firemobs aren't a problem. Poisonmobs are. You got builds for better protection nowadays. Just come back and try it. :)

jvasquez33
14-08-12, 21:34
Ah I truly cant remember which fire mobs I tried, it was either a Grim Chaser or a Persecutor or something like that. But yea i had on full fire resist armor and specced into it and died almost instantly lol.

flib
15-08-12, 01:22
Yeah, the persecutor is still bugged.

jvasquez33
15-08-12, 02:12
Seriously though, how hard would it be to go into the code and change the damage ouput from 10000, to 1000? I know thats a broad statement but you know what I mean lol

flib
15-08-12, 02:36
It's probably more complicated than just an extra 0. Besides, they don't have a dev team.

=REMUS=
15-08-12, 07:21
Seriously though, how hard would it be to go into the code and change the damage ouput from 10000, to 1000? I know thats a broad statement but you know what I mean lol

IIRC the perc attack is DOT, which may have something to do with it, poison for instance used to be very overpowered for that reason.

Also the damage is more complicated than that since the formula has to take into account hit zones (head, legs...etc), armor resistances, con level and natural con resistance level. It sounds like the formula is broken for the Perc.

Ivan Eres
15-08-12, 09:41
Yeah, the persecutor is still bugged.

Yeah one shot kill ftw

Dribble Joy
15-08-12, 12:15
Lies. Takes at least three bursts from a percy to kill my rifle spy, let alone my tank.

LiL T
15-08-12, 14:23
IIRC the perc attack is DOT, which may have something to do with it, poison for instance used to be very overpowered for that reason.

Also the damage is more complicated than that since the formula has to take into account hit zones (head, legs...etc), armor resistances, con level and natural con resistance level. It sounds like the formula is broken for the Perc.

Or they have DOT doing the same damage as a direct hit for some bizarre reason and that would make them overpowered since you can't hide from DOT :(

But lets face it, it was too easy to kill any mob in this game before the changes.

=REMUS=
15-08-12, 15:15
Or they have DOT doing the same damage as a direct hit for some bizarre reason and that would make them overpowered since you can't hide from DOT :(

But lets face it, it was too easy to kill any mob in this game before the changes.

There definately needs to be a mob which takes a clan to kill (20-30 people) in this game.

Dark-Destroy
15-08-12, 16:20
The grim persecutor isn't bugged. Ur only too weak!
Do u checked the damage log? Grim Persecutor makes >200 force damage and >200 fire damage.
Most of the players have no force resist so u die fast.

There is only one bug: The fireball animation isn't loaded every time. So it seems that u get some "invisible" damage.

flib
15-08-12, 16:30
That still doesn't explain why it can instakill a self-buffed PPU that walks up to it.

jvasquez33
15-08-12, 19:45
Yea it was the persecutor for sure, and yea im pretty sure it insta killed me lol. Damage is definitely outta control on those things.

flib
15-08-12, 20:40
The trick is to keep your distance from it and stay healed up before trying to attack again.

Dribble Joy
15-08-12, 22:15
Riflers/HC tanks have no problem staying out of range of a percy. Even then you can use cover.

Riddle
15-08-12, 22:25
For the one shot king of the mobs, and yes buffs + setup = useless against this baby. Seen her wipe out entire teams with multiple ppu support.....you need to venture down the dome of York tunnels ;)

yavimaya
16-08-12, 09:14
people who think percs arent bugged are crazy, my rhino PE (now pe and tank :( ) cant take out a perccy anymore without having to run and repair atleast once by what i remember from last login.

I used to take 2 chasers and a perccy out before needing to repair with just the rhino PE - includes switching seats, etc.

Dark-Destroy
16-08-12, 09:33
I think there should be some more monsters like the persi in the wastes.
I think it's a good idea to leave it at that and add some more monsters like the persi. :D

=REMUS=
16-08-12, 09:50
I think there should be some more monsters like the persi in the wastes.
I think it's a good idea to leave it at that and add some more monsters like the persi. :D

I agree, there needs to be some really difficult mobs, it's common place that not even capped characters can solo grims before this bug.

Biglines
16-08-12, 15:55
well difficult is a different thing from buggy. I'm all for super powerful mobs in the wastes, but the percy's damage is often invisible. So imho, no to lessening damage, but yes to fixing the invisible damage.

Dropout
17-08-12, 03:35
well difficult is a different thing from buggy. I'm all for super powerful mobs in the wastes, but the percy's damage is often invisible. So imho, no to lessening damage, but yes to fixing the invisible damage.

^^ That.

Besides, its easy to avoid getting hit by Persi's, range is your friend.. Do not try to take one on as melee! :P