PDA

View Full Version : World Client Error?

Mark
14-08-12, 07:07
Hey everyone!
I'm a returning player from long ago and have been able to log on and play. But every time I try to use a door to a new area I get this error: "Wold Client: Request for new world failed". Does anyone have any thoughts or solutions?

Thanks!
Mark

flib
14-08-12, 17:02
Sounds like it might be a connection issue?

Nidhogg
14-08-12, 17:39
Or maybe a corrupt client? What server?

Mark
14-08-12, 21:49
I've been using the Terra server as I'm in the USA so firgured that would be the best choice for myself.

I've also considered the connection issue and have done the following to see if anything changed (no new results yet):
1. Changed the updater.ini file as mentioned by the twitter accounts
2. Checked use home port on client config
3. Made sure all firewalls are allowing access for Neocron

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a client issue as well, I had left the file in "program files" the first time it tried to patch and it came up with the error about not being able to write to file so I cut/pasted the N2 file to another loction that allowed it to finish the patch. But I have also ran the file check as well and everything came back fine.

Thank you both for your replies! Looking forward to any other advice :)

P.S. I've since uninstalled and reinstalled the game (this time to a directory it can write) and got it to patch/connect to the game with no error. However, I've gotten the error twice now, each time I try to log in the server says "offline". So not sure if it's still something with the client file or not.

Trivaldi
14-08-12, 23:02
We're having a bit of a network issue at the moment, the servers showing as "Offline" are accurate for the minute ;)

EDIT: The game world servers are back online, have another go at connecting. :)

Mark
14-08-12, 23:46
Good to hear! I was able to log back in and try as much as possible to change maps as many times as I could and never got disconnected! So I think things have worked themselves out. I've got to leave for a bit but when I get a chance to log in again Ill continue to test it out and see how things go!

Thank you so much for the help and information!

Thanks,
Mark

Mark
15-08-12, 03:51
Quick update: I tried going into the city sewers and it gave me the worldclient error again. So guess the reinstall didn't fix the problem. :(

flib
15-08-12, 03:59
Maybe you don't have enough free memory?

Mark
15-08-12, 04:19
Hmm, I don't think that's the issue:
Ram: 10 GB
HDD: 810 GB free

Though, that does also seem to ask the question "Is Vista causing the problem?" I know I've got the Neocron 2 folder installed in the C directory outside of "Program Files" and as some people mention on here I've been running it as Admin. I'm not sure if running it as XP would help? Or even worst maybe it's just a bad client download/file?

P.S. I'm looking through the folder and notice a "worlds.pak" file. Maybe this could be causing the problem?

Ivan Eres
15-08-12, 09:36
It's most likely a Windows security issue first, because in Windows 7 the access to "system" folders like program files and windows itself is very restricted. That's why an install folder outside of these folders helps.

Other problems could be fixed by running the program in the compatibility mode for Windows XP, and with the option "Run as Administrator".

To run programs as an administrator is an important issue in Windows7.

I hope you get it running soon.

Good luck and regards from Germany.

Trivaldi
15-08-12, 10:11
Sorry to hear you're still getting the issue, as you're using Vista head over to this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?140582-Neocron-on-Windows-Vista-7) and try all the troubleshooting steps. There's a wealth of hints and tips for getting Neocron up and running on Vista/7.

Mark
15-08-12, 22:33
Thanks again for the information! I've uninstall the game completely and have tried two of the links to download the client (one didn't work and the other said it was corrupt) but so far I havn't had a chance to reinstall the game yet! I will continue to try each link until I find one that works. Once installed I'll be sure to run through all the steps in the Vista thread. I'm under the impression it had something to do with either Vista or the Client rather than the internet connect?

sobaka
15-08-12, 22:51
Thanks again for the information! I've uninstall the game completely and have tried two of the links to download the client (one didn't work and the other said it was corrupt) but so far I havn't had a chance to reinstall the game yet! I will continue to try each link until I find one that works. Once installed I'll be sure to run through all the steps in the Vista thread. I'm under the impression it had something to do with either Vista or the Client rather than the internet connect?

I had problems logging into the world and every 2 mins crashing cause of coding errors. I try Changing the Compatibility an still seem have a problem. I figure Windows is being really picky on this old game. So I decided to install NC on a external Hard drive, I'm able too run the game with out changing and Compatibility settings and the game now runs off 5MB of memory rather then 1 off "C:"

If you still have problems and don't have a external Hard Drive install NC onto desk top rather then "c:" and follow the steps everyone talks about.

Mark
15-08-12, 23:03
I had problems logging into the world and every 2 mins crashing cause of coding errors. I try Changing the Compatibility an still seem have a problem. I figure Windows is being really picky on this old game. So I decided to install NC on a external Hard drive, I'm able too run the game with out changing and Compatibility settings and the game now runs off 5MB of memory rather then 1 off "C:"

If you still have problems and don't have a external Hard Drive install NC onto desk top rather then "c:" and follow the steps everyone talks about.

Ah great idea! I didn't think of putting it on the desk top! Ill have to try it, and the place I was thinking of rather then "c:" would have been the "games" folder...but not sure (havn't checked as of yet) if it would allow the program to write haha, but thank you again for the information!

Mark
16-08-12, 01:01
Whoo Hoo! I'm not sure if this is too early but after re-downloading the game client from a new source and re-installing the game/repatching it seems as all is well! No longer getting the error message, Ill keep everyone updated if things go differently. But I can gladly say I'm finally playing Neocron 2!

Thank you all for all the help and advice!
Mark

Mark
16-08-12, 02:53
Was too soon :( I got the error message while going from Plaza Sec -1 to sewers lvl 1 :(

=REMUS=
16-08-12, 06:40
Sucks, maybe reinstall windows?

Nidhogg
16-08-12, 09:51
Do you have any strange router setup? Connected to someone else's network (e.g. company, university etc.)? Do you have a non-standard hardware config, e.g. dual network cards?

sobaka
16-08-12, 10:25
Do you have any strange router setup? Connected to someone else's network (e.g. company, university etc.)? Do you have a non-standard hardware config, e.g. dual network cards?

That or a firewall / Anti-virus, lot of anti-virus these days have really bad firewall setup. Blocking anything that outdated for couple years.

We know it not server side, it has something to do on your end. Something blocking the world / IP some how

Faid
16-08-12, 16:30
When in doubt, switch to dx7 in the hardware config :) At this point you may as well try anything

Mark
17-08-12, 07:09
Well, I just got this computer a week ago, and of course didn't come with the OS disk. But at any rate I've sent an email to support with the error log to try and figure out what's going on:

1) As far as reinstalling windows, I wouldn't be able to at this point (would have to find a way to get the OS disk or get one from a friend).

2) I've had the AV and Firewalls all turned off at one point to see if it was something there didn't help. I'm using a home modem so I don't think that would be the problem unless the company I use has some strange firewall stuff going on (I doubt cause this is the only game that's been having any sort of problem like this).

3) And as far as hardware configs, I have a wireless card built in but disable and I'm using the hardwire to be connected so I don't think it's anything there.

At any rate there was some interesting text in the error log so I assume the support desk will be able to figure out the problem asap :) Just hope it's something that's an easy fix and I can get back to playing!!

Thank you all for all of the help so far!

LiL T
24-08-12, 13:10
If you're using a virgin media superhub router by chance, put it into modem mode only because its a heap of shite, I was getting the same error you described and the only thing that has changed is I upgraded to virgins 60mb service and I got this horrible with stupid coloured lights on it and everything (yeah really super :rolleyes: ) router instead of a basic cable modem.