PDA

View Full Version : Future of Mercury - PLEASE READ!

Trivaldi
12-08-12, 19:53
Hello,

The following information is not easy to deliver, however this action must be taken for the benefit of our ongoing restructuring to the Neocron Service.

The German 4 slot server "Mercury" will be permanently shut down on 25th August 2012. Please ensure you take screenshots of important information such as your character's skills (each section of the F5 window) and any important in game E-Mails. We also reccomend you take screenshots of anything you wish to keep a memory of from your time on Mercury.

The character data from Mercury will be securely backed up and stored once the server is taken offline. We will then provide a secure transfer for characters on the Mercury server. In order to prevent further damage to the economy of the desination server; the Inventory (including implants and armour), GoGuardian and Appartments of characters will not be transfered. Only the character itself and its related skills will be moved.

We appreciate this news may be hard to accept, but offer this partial transfer as a compromise securing your investment of time leveling your characters.

Neocron Support Team

Dribble Joy
12-08-12, 20:14
Do we know where the characters will be moved to? Or is that not yet fully decided/can't be said yet?

Dark-Destroy
12-08-12, 20:46
It's a secret! Get ready for irata3 =D

WuTangClan
12-08-12, 21:21
rest in peace mercury, you will not be missed.

Ivan Eres
12-08-12, 22:17
One Server to rule them all, One Server to find them,
One Server to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Neocron where the Shadows lie.

^^

=REMUS=
12-08-12, 22:46
Why not do this on every server, I think it'd be fun to level the playing field again and start a mad rush for rares to claim OPs?

This is coming from a guy who stands to lose 4 MC5 chips, a 4 slot ultimated CS, 5 slot TPC, 5 slot Judge...etc....etc if my accounts even still exist.

WuTangClan
12-08-12, 23:08
Why not do this on every server, I think it'd be fun to level the playing field again and start a mad rush for rares to claim OPs?

This is coming from a guy who stands to lose 4 MC5 chips, a 4 slot ultimated CS, 5 slot TPC, 5 slot Judge...etc....etc if my accounts even still exist.

Here is what should be done: Merge all servers to 1, 4 slot server. Item wipe all but armor and imps and quickbelt. Re-release neocron on a new stable server that doesn't spike to 3000 ping every 5 minute regardless of population. Make account creation possible again and promote the shit out it and advertise a Month of double XP (I know us vets know how to power level and can quickly cap a char in as little as a day if you no life nerd it but these work, look at COD, when they do double xp weekends their servers are flooded). This would bring new players to the game that always wanted to try it out and old vets who maybe never transferred their chars from nc1 to nc2 and couldn't be arsed to re level. Send out the volunteer staff to post on MMO forums about the new re-release of the game and if the current staff can't right now bring a few more volunteers.

Just my 2 cents.

Chuck Norris
13-08-12, 02:58
Here is what should be done: Merge all servers to 1, 4 slot server. Item wipe all but armor and imps and quickbelt. Re-release neocron on a new stable server that doesn't spike to 3000 ping every 5 minute regardless of population. Make account creation possible again and promote the shit out it and advertise a Month of double XP (I know us vets know how to power level and can quickly cap a char in as little as a day if you no life nerd it but these work, look at COD, when they do double xp weekends their servers are flooded). This would bring new players to the game that always wanted to try it out and old vets who maybe never transferred their chars from nc1 to nc2 and couldn't be arsed to re level. Send out the volunteer staff to post on MMO forums about the new re-release of the game and if the current staff can't right now bring a few more volunteers.

Just my 2 cents.

going to have to be at least two servers just for the player base ideally English server to stay in north America (ping issues), if your trying to make this profitable and then one in Europe

WuTangClan
13-08-12, 04:43
going to have to be at least two servers just for the player base ideally English server to stay in north America (ping issues), if your trying to make this profitable and then one in Europe

As of right now the servers are located in Canada which are providing brutal lag spikes. I can deal with a 200 ping and stable server, this is coming from someone that lives in North America. I had no problem in NC1 when the servers were in europe.

Faid
13-08-12, 16:42
They're probably going to offer to move the chars to terra or mars, which is kinda pointless considering most people will have all slots on those servers filled by now. I'm not really bothered by it though, Mercury was certainly the deadest off all the servers, I just wish they would tell exactly what they are doing.

Brammers
13-08-12, 17:59
Just a note for anyone who uses the Rares DB at http://rares.techhaven.org/ All Mercury part lists will be hidden shortly after the Mercury server shutdown.

So if you want a copy of your parts list please download before then. Just Login, Goto Options, then Import and Export and then Export CSV

Brammers - THN Admin

LiL T
13-08-12, 18:25
Mercury?

Not even sure if I have anything on there but in anycase I don't particular care losing stuff and think they should consider wiping everything totally and completely and starting a fresh new server, it really would not take old players long to amass stupid amounts of wealth...

Faid
14-08-12, 01:48
Mercury?

Not even sure if I have anything on there but in anycase I don't particular care losing stuff and think they should consider wiping everything totally and completely and starting a fresh new server, it really would not take old players long to amass stupid amounts of wealth...

This would work if there were some solid anti-cheat and anti-dupe measures in place, otherwise it's pointless

zii
16-08-12, 20:47
Shame about Mercury. I have a nice collection of artefact rares and other bits and bobs. I stopped playing on Mercury quite a while ago!

Regarding yet another lets wipe and reset post: As much as it is a nice idea to some, others like myself do not relish such an idea.

I have spent many a year levelling my characters to be wocced and capped and gained many items along the way.

However, for about the next ten years at least I shall have no time to level, but I may have time to drop in for an hour a few nights and pvp/op.

What caused this? Babies :D They are fantastic, but certainly do not contribute to playing NC.

Kanedax
07-09-12, 18:15
I would support the wiping of all Items. I stand to lose a gold ppu pa, 5 slot all arti ionic cannon, anti-radiation suit, etc.

Dropout
07-09-12, 19:05
I would support the wiping of all Items. I stand to lose a gold ppu pa, 5 slot all arti ionic cannon, anti-radiation suit, etc.

My return to NC would be very short if that happend..
There's just no way that I would go through the troubles of outfitting 12 characters Again (and a Apartment filled with spares/other weapons, for when I Loose something or decide to LoM).

VileThings
10-09-12, 09:18
Any word on how or when we are going to have access to the characters that went down with the server?

On another note: apparently I'm two weeks late to the party, so I couldn't screenshot my skills. Does this mean my character is gone completely?

Dark-Destroy
10-09-12, 11:06
Any word on how or when we are going to have access to the characters that went down with the server?
I think there are no information for us at the moment.

apparently I'm two weeks late to the party, so I couldn't screenshot my skills. Does this mean my character is gone completely?
Currently it's possible to log into the mercury chars. They are mirrored on the "Vendeena" Server with can be joined with a second NC Client und updated "updater.ini" so that u can download the patch 175.

VileThings
10-09-12, 14:33
Currently it's possible to log into the mercury chars. They are mirrored on the "Vendeena" Server with can be joined with a second NC Client und updated "updater.ini" so that u can download the patch 175.

Thanks, I'll give that a try! :)

VileThings
10-09-12, 15:41
Thanks, I'll give that a try! :)

Worked like a charm.

Also: there is no way to edit your posts?

EDIT: Apparently there is, but there is a time limit on it? Live and learn I say.