PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Neocron Series (From Scratch) (Youtube)

kane
09-08-12, 09:57
So I thought I post this now just so I have a goal to stick to and do. I'm going to start up a LP Series for Neocron. You might ask why would one bother with this and what do I get out of it and why why why???

Why would I do it? I would feel like it could bring in new blood into the game but also be a good set of videos of getting a basic understanding of the game. I have not played in many years myself so It will be funny to watch someone who use to play start from scratch.

What do I get out of it? Maybe 1 subscriber on Youtube but I do it for free and I don't even bother enabling ads on my channel since I just enjoy doing it. I guess the honest truth is what I hope to get out of it is more players in Neocron.

I'm going to start the series sometime after they get the account system online, since we don't want to hype players something they can't play. I think I also might wait for a bit more news to know whats happening. For example if there was some kind of item wipe or new server then I would rather wait for that then bring in a hype and kill it with a massive slap to their face like a item wipe.

I will be doing this series pretty darn basic. I will be filming mostly when I start out and show everything as much as possible and I will derp up and I will fail a lot, but I think in the end its going to be a lot of fun and another goal is to try to get others to make their own videos and share them with the world.

Anyways, if you have suggestions or ideas, then please share them and like I said id love to see others trying this out too and don't just post it on youtube! Make sure you post it on some other MMO Sites out there and show the world Neocron and why we love it.

Faid
09-08-12, 16:35
Sounds awesome I love player made NC videos :D

=REMUS=
10-08-12, 09:33
I would personally organise a few people to start out with you since levelling alone in an un populous mmo isn't going to be attractive plus it'll be very slow and boring punching cockroaches to death for a few hours on your own then spending a few days in aggy cellars...etc.

It would be cool to stage certain meetings as you progress through the game... say with another group from an opposing faction but you all have your law chips in so you can't attack but it does introduce the faction system, have a little banter...etc. Then later a PvP battle or two and of course OP warfare.

You also need to split it up into chunks, I think toby games on youtube splits it into 10min parts?

We all know to cap a monks int is going to take about 1000x 10min parts plus they die allot generally speaking... so maybe choose a PE or a tank, since PE will cap early and they're good to solo with if you can't get anyone to group with you and a melee tank is pretty easy to level up until you get the city merc epic speed gun thing (its been a long time since ive played).

If the community really gets behind this then it could work very well, hell i'll help but i'm living in Dubai at the moment so i'm not sure how much I can help due to the time zone differences... plus I cant remember any of my account details so ill need to start over.

=REMUS=
10-08-12, 09:37
Blogs are also very popular these days, so you can repost to them?

(I litterally know nothing about blogging other than it's popular :p)

kane
10-08-12, 12:01
I have to actually disagree a bit. I think what better spent time on such resources is building a group of people to help new players out. But to network this out further and further till the point we have a special thread maybe even a special forum section (think we did before) where all new players can post their welcome my name is Bob and I'm Bobzxdfdsf in the game and nice to meet you and ETC.

From there we can engage in teaming up and etc. But for a let's play series you should kind of make it about learning it on your own and what its like to play alone since the sad truth it might just be like that for most and I for one find it easier to do that and less confusing. I can stop and tell them about one certain thing for 10 minutes and etc.

You can see some of my stuff I have done in the past and I'm not expert nor pro, just a silly amateur I do seem to have some experience when it comes to doing sort of guide let's plays but also being derpy and a lot of people enjoy that haha.

Drevious
10-08-12, 20:15
I would take part in this, i can also fraps. And have some lowbie chars already also a lot of support characters and credits to help out the cause!!! I actually have a roleplaying PE that i did this with but no one would join me so i gave up. Let me know when you decide on doing something like this..

Powerpunsh
11-08-12, 02:10
Just do it. Neocron has no real quest system, so show them how to progress and kick the shit out of players. :)

=REMUS=
11-08-12, 13:27
I have to actually disagree a bit. I think what better spent time on such resources is building a group of people to help new players out. But to network this out further and further till the point we have a special thread maybe even a special forum section (think we did before) where all new players can post their welcome my name is Bob and I'm Bobzxdfdsf in the game and nice to meet you and ETC.

From there we can engage in teaming up and etc. But for a let's play series you should kind of make it about learning it on your own and what its like to play alone since the sad truth it might just be like that for most and I for one find it easier to do that and less confusing. I can stop and tell them about one certain thing for 10 minutes and etc.

You can see some of my stuff I have done in the past and I'm not expert nor pro, just a silly amateur I do seem to have some experience when it comes to doing sort of guide let's plays but also being derpy and a lot of people enjoy that haha.

Well if you think people are going to watch you punch cockroaches for an hour then go for it, an MMO is supposed to be enjoyed as a multiplayer experience... even if you're soloing then you should expect to meet people in the enviroment.

Perhaps you've forgotten how much of a grind it is leveling up as a lowbie, i just don't think you'll be able to maintain peoples attention unless you've got a group of people in neocrons questless system... maybe one tank (repair), one pe (hacking), one monk (poker), and one spy (constructor/researcher)?

Archtemplar
11-08-12, 23:24
I'd like to join in if at all possible. I do LPs (http://www.youtube.com/user/fragoRoc6)too and co-op LPs are a blast.

=REMUS=
12-08-12, 08:28
I'd like to join in if at all possible. I do LPs (http://www.youtube.com/user/fragoRoc6)too and co-op LPs are a blast.

:)

That's 3 people inc you Kane, I could be convinced but I don't have a PC in Dubai at the moment although that might change.

The_Law
12-08-12, 11:52
As someone who always wanted to play this but never got the chance (still waiting on the account system to come back up so I can finally jump into this game after wanting to since before NC1 was released) I would love to see this as I can use all the info I can get.

Riddle
12-08-12, 12:44
Sounds good, be sure to cover the helpful newbie stuff (assuming no capped alts) like:-

- inventory and weight !
- use meat for cheap health boosts
- recycle for unlimited ammo!!
- what loot to collect for yo's (early cash generation)what to discard
- loot all items to increase spawn rate
- early skill point allocation to benefit levelling e.g. Transport, recycle etc. lom later

Also I would suggest you visit a couple of places At each level , covering pros and cons, for example after initial rat killing most progress to aggie cellars, although peper park spider queen spawns can be amazing xp for early aoe. Take a tank with grenade launcher for example, but area mostly useless for rifle/pistol ( unless teamed of course ;))

If done right, this could be very good, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Dribble Joy
12-08-12, 13:19
The PP1 sewer near the zone line is a great place to fill-in between the n00b sewers and the aggies. A wide range of mobs from lvl 7 to 20.

=REMUS=
15-08-12, 07:14
So what's the plan Kane?

Drevious
21-08-12, 00:47
im still up for this anyone who wants to level up newbies together just give me a PM i will fund the movement

Philchow
29-08-12, 01:47
So what's the plan Kane?

This.