PDA

View Full Version : Neocron going F2P?

kane
09-08-12, 07:05
I saw this http://www.nukklear.com/#en/_Neocron_Reloaded

And was wondering would this include a fresh start? I think the biggest thing if at all of Neocron is I would love to see a fresh start. Same old game with hopefully updates and more features but a fresh start. I assume if we had some sort of server wipe old and new blood might come into play here.

Sorry if I sound a bit silly there but hey, I love Noecron and always will but I'm one them silly need a fresh start kind of guys after many years.

Apocalypsox
09-08-12, 07:48
I was thinking about a fresh start as well. People have had years and years to gather up techs and such, the economy is very stagnant.

If it was a new game, I'd vote for a new start.

kane
09-08-12, 07:51
I was thinking about a fresh start as well. People have had years and years to gather up techs and such, the economy is very stagnant.

I wanted and done a few LP Series. But I don't think I could attract anyone at the current server state not the no updates and such I just mean the whole being old and stale. Best way now for me anyways to attract others and to be attracted myself would be a fresh start.

vices
09-08-12, 07:58
I for one wouldn't like to see a complete wipe.

It's true, there are a lot of techs / WoC disks going around, but the amount of stuff moving around in the economy is always related to how many players actively engage in said economy. And with a new influx of players, there'd be gear for everyone. Big clans could be setup in relatively short time frames (gear up noobs, teach them the game mechanics and take over the world.. ugh I mean map).

What I would like to see very much however is a complete renovation of the money system. Money should be wiped and a new currency put in place, perhaps. And time to fix the stock system and expand upon the bartering system.

kane
09-08-12, 08:19
I could see how some feel like that and I respect that. WHo knows what crazy stuff I have tuck away even more since I was a bit of a collector and never like to sell things. I personally would love to have a fresh start maybe some kind new server for people who just want the pure fresh start.

Though I assume at this time it would fail vs the community we have now only because its small and we can't just divide up more or will have literately 2 people online.

Mizore
09-08-12, 09:19
I would like to see a complete character wipe. I want to experience everyone leveling in the low level caves after NC:Reloaded is released. It would remind me of the old days... New game - new beginning.
Let's do this!

Dribble Joy
09-08-12, 09:24
I would probably be in favour of a limited wipe, possibly similar to the one from NC1 to NC2. Some people have worked long and hard for the stuff they have got, but I can see the virtues of starting afresh.

Personally of course I'd like to keep everything I have, but then I do have a lot of stuff.

kane
09-08-12, 09:32
I would probably be in favour of a limited wipe, possibly similar to the one from NC1 to NC2. Some people have worked long and hard for the stuff they have got, but I can see the virtues of starting afresh.

Personally of course I'd like to keep everything I have, but then I do have a lot of stuff.

I could see say a full inventory/item/that kind of wipe. Keep char and just keep char/stats. Limited just cause people to spend in certain areas just to spend elsewhere when launch happens if that's how it happen before.

I mean don't forget 99% of the economy was exploited in many many methods :P Not like everyone actually earned anything legitimately lol.

Garfield
09-08-12, 09:37
a item wipe would be ok but id like to keep my toons. gosh 2 of them are alive since nc1, they are legend (at least for me :lol:)

Dribble Joy
09-08-12, 11:00
I mean don't forget 99% of the economy was exploited in many many methods :P Not like everyone actually earned anything legitimately lol.
I'd counter to say that many of us have earned what we have without exploiting. I've spent hundreds of hours hunting for techs to get the things I have.

I wouldn't mind a cash wipe, even though I'm one of the richest people on Terra (current fortune is around 600m, all from techs and recycling drugs from the armour parts collected whilst hunting), though there are a number of items, some now nearly 10 years old from my early time in NC1 that I would be seriously miffed to loose.

Dark-Destroy
09-08-12, 11:48
In my optinion a complete item whipe would be the best for the server, BUT:
It's only useful if the exploits and dupes could completely impeded.

I have really a lot of stuff on terra and mars and it would be sad if all the stuff would be whiped, but I think it's the best way to get the server clean.

Hey Kane if u really interested in making a LP for nc. I would like to volunteer and translate (subtitle) the lp in german. or do u think it would be better to create an own one?

Riddle
09-08-12, 12:35
New format
New game
New start

End of .....forget complications around transfers that caused so much grief nc1-nc2

I don't say this lightly, having built up the emporium over years of hard graft, many a night in plaza :), even my custom built shop with guards and strippers not an easy thing to come by.....but I kinda like the idea and would probably enjoy going back to slashing rats in the sewers with a shop bought piece of crap knife lol everyone on an even playing field.....at least at the start!!

Garfield
09-08-12, 12:57
New format
New game
New start

End of .....forget complications around transfers that caused so much grief nc1-nc2

I don't say this lightly, having built up the emporium over years of hard graft, many a night in plaza :), even my custom built shop with guards and strippers not an easy thing to come by.....but I kinda like the idea and would probably enjoy going back to slashing rats in the sewers with a shop bought piece of crap knife lol everyone on an even playing field.....at least at the start!!

GAWD! NO!!!!!!!! Logans must last forever! hrm we should organize a appartment tour and make a vid containing the best ones, private, clan and puplic ones.

Alice Walker
09-08-12, 13:54

I think maybe, just maybe, if the people who have taken over neocron, and manage to get the account creation sorted, and start getting new people playing, and doing a bit of advertising/marketing, then the economy should pick up. A bunch of new players with nothing looking to purchase stuff would definatly help get the in game economy going.

At the moment, it feels like its being kept alive soley for the people who already have accounts.

On the other hand, you could all just delete your characters/create new ones if you wanted a fresh start?

Mizore
09-08-12, 16:19
On the other hand, you could all just delete your characters/create new ones if you wanted a fresh start?

It's not the same. If NC:Reloaded launches without a character wipe, many persons will just log into their old capped characters and just a few will start all over. I just want to see this game starting all over again because it would remind me of the old times when most of the caves were full of leveling newbies... Additionally, there was a chance of meeting someone in the wastelands who doesn't wear a WOC armour and just blows your brain out of your head with one shot. ;)

Alice Walker
09-08-12, 16:28
It's not the same. ...[...]... Additionally, there was a chance of meeting someone in the wastelands who doesn't wear a WOC armour and just blows your brain out of your head with one shot. ;)

Wow..... maybe thats why there was only like 70 odd peeps logged in at one time. Not enough balance. But then I suppose without the development team and attention this game deserves, delivering new content to keep those older toon's occupied, I'm not surprised.

As i mentioned in a previous post, I used to play a game called shadowrun (tabletop), and I'd love to see this game with packed streets and a bustling community and player market, filling out all the areas that my imagination playing that game once took me before. Maybe a server wipe and a complete rework would be a good thing then? :D

Faid
09-08-12, 16:30
New format
New game
New start

^
This

Keep the old servers for nostalgia if you want but the new game absolutely needs to be a complete fresh start with no duped items or money. It is the only way this will even have a chance of working.

kane
09-08-12, 19:46
^
This

Keep the old servers for nostalgia if you want but the new game absolutely needs to be a complete fresh start with no duped items or money. It is the only way this will even have a chance of working.

Hell starting over is nostalgia enough. But I think they can agree with the hardware we have in 2012, that they should be able to run the old server just fine in the background without to much hassle.

But damn it would be just pure nostalgia just to start over. I think it might be to much nostalgia that Id have to clean my pants hourly so I don't develop some kind of poop rash!

Doc Holliday
09-08-12, 19:50
The only thing important to me thats left in this game that i would absolutely NOT want to lose is very simple. my name.

My reputation is earned. i will grind for that. i will happily do that too. The rest is just items. Other people hold strong attachment to certain things. i stopped being sentimental long ago. i had a few choice pieces which meant something to me but they are relics from a time long ago and i have never been much of a collector.

In the case of logan yes i can understand not wanting to lose a shop after so much time, effort (mobile internet anyone :P) and money in to something so lovingly constructed would be a shame to lose.

I guess i can agree on that but for me i wouldnt care either way. The chance to have my red haired PE model back in some guise or other. you can sign me up for $50 straight off the bat for that one.

Hello community. first post from me in a while huh ;)

kane
09-08-12, 20:39
The only thing important to me thats left in this game that i would absolutely NOT want to lose is very simple. my name.

My reputation is earned. i will grind for that. i will happily do that too. The rest is just items. Other people hold strong attachment to certain things. i stopped being sentimental long ago. i had a few choice pieces which meant something to me but they are relics from a time long ago and i have never been much of a collector.

In the case of logan yes i can understand not wanting to lose a shop after so much time, effort (mobile internet anyone :P) and money in to something so lovingly constructed would be a shame to lose.

I guess i can agree on that but for me i wouldnt care either way. The chance to have my red haired PE model back in some guise or other. you can sign me up for $50 straight off the bat for that one.

I don't even remember my names I think I had something like masterdroner bone kane maybe idk. I had to many account to many years have passed haha.

Dribble Joy
09-08-12, 21:11
I've only ever had one account, so I'm probably much more attached to it, plus my alts are generally there in support of DJ.

Riddle
09-08-12, 22:33

Hey! Been a little while buddy and I had buried the mobile Internet experience in the depths of my mind!! Lol, I would agree with you to be honest. Like you said we can collect items etc again :) but our name may have to be reserved!!

Lol I remember when some scammer used a char with a name a little to similar to me( deliberately) passing himself off as me!! when the truth rippled through the community the poor guy couldn't log on!! I remember the stack of dog tags left in my shop ROFL by numerous concerned neocron citizens!!

LiL T
09-08-12, 23:02
I think..

Full wipe and stat/level reset, reserve character names and make obtaining woc lvls through quests instead of forcing people to lvl 8 hours a day for over a week.

Brammers
09-08-12, 23:06
Hmm... In two minds. I've put a lot of work into Brammers and also my monk. I wouldn't want to loose the work, but for Neocron Reloaded which I would call a "New game" we do need to start fresh and from scratch.

The only thing I would want, is to claim my character name Brammers - after all I need to give you guys a target to shoot at when I step out of a safe zone. ;)

LiL T
10-08-12, 00:36
I would like to see a complete character wipe. I want to experience everyone leveling in the low level caves after NC:Reloaded is released. It would remind me of the old days... New game - new beginning.
Let's do this!

Yes, that would be great, everyone starting again and all trying to be the first to reach cap and the first to have a rare weapon etc.

kane
10-08-12, 00:38
Yes, that would be great, everyone starting again and all trying to be the first to reach cap and the first to have a rare weapon etc.

I will be last. But I just want to troll people in the agi sewers and hop out and trololo like a spoiled punk ass bitch :)

Chuck Norris
10-08-12, 04:27
I have like 4 accounts with mostly all woc1 and a few woc3 and about 10 apts full of rares, woc weapons, pas, rare cpus and trophies.

I say wipe it all! this was all mostly done before 2.1 and 2.2 the nerf bats of death.

fuck the material bullshit im not ever getting my spirit hunters or kamis back anyways.

the game was fun for leveling and the rush of running shit with your squad of friends

=REMUS=
10-08-12, 11:34
I have like 4 accounts with mostly all woc1 and a few woc3 and about 10 apts full of rares, woc weapons, pas, rare cpus and trophies.

I say wipe it all! this was all mostly done before 2.1 and 2.2 the nerf bats of death.

fuck the material bullshit im not ever getting my spirit hunters or kamis back anyways.

the game was fun for leveling and the rush of running shit with your squad of friends

system wipe sounds good to me :)

Dark-Destroy
10-08-12, 11:49
Okay, if the volunteer team have a full whipe in contemplation. I agree for a whipe, if it's not possible to dupe anymore.

Yeah and I think it's okay to lost a few "old players" with the item whipe (The ones who said: "Mimimi.. I lost my milky ren which was a mining tool long time ago in nc1. *whine*") to get a barrel full with new players.

kane
10-08-12, 11:58
Okay, if the volunteer team have a full whipe in contemplation. I agree for a whipe, if it's not possible to dupe anymore.

Yeah and I think it's okay to lost a few "old players" with the item whipe (The ones who said: "Mimimi.. I lost my milky ren which was a mining tool long time ago in nc1. *whine*") to get a barrel full with new players.

Yeah duping is possible still then its going to be a problem. I assume some know how to replicate it. In that case they should if they don't know about it then report it in detail. What they can do then its messy but they can maybe find a way to keep track of dupes via the Database depending on their access and such.

I been running servers for years and some games can track and create a special ID per item where you can track matching id's and etc. If not they sometimes can keep an idea on the logs if it does transaction logging and etc and use that against it. Also writing a tiny script for it to read it more easy and find such actions.

Also depends what the database offer maybe track say special items and just do a daily script or hourly if its not to much overhead that grabs counts and owners and etc of certain items.

Anyways I am throwing crap out there since I have never seen the workings of Neocron in the backend and probably never will but I played with many many MMORPG Servers including that of Endless Ages one of the competing MMORPG's back in the day. (I actually have a license for the software heh)

William Antrim
10-08-12, 13:30
Hall of Fame - reserved names.

X amount of months prior to NC:Reloaded launch. You pay x amount of $ to KK and you get your name reserved - IE they create your account for you or something if this is the only way to do it and then when you log in for the first time you have that name and you can keep it forever in NC.

X is obviously an example instead of a finite amount of months.

I would pay for this.

Paulitious_Rae
10-08-12, 14:00
Hall of Fame - reserved names.

X amount of months prior to NC:Reloaded launch. You pay x amount of $ to KK and you get your name reserved - IE they create your account for you or something if this is the only way to do it and then when you log in for the first time you have that name and you can keep it forever in NC.

X is obviously an example instead of a finite amount of months.

I would pay for this.

The Secret World had a similar system in place prior to launch. When I was still on board for playing TSW, I poured a shameful amount of money into reservering character names. Sadly, when it turned out I could no longer play TSW, I couldn't get a refund on the reservations. Still, I like the system. Would be a good way for KK to generate revenue and appeals to the logophile in me.

Powerpunsh
10-08-12, 16:07
If we are going to do a fresh start i have to alert. We need hacks and exploits fixed.

Mokoi
10-08-12, 16:40
If we are going to do a fresh start i have to alert. We need hacks and exploits fixed.

The latter needs fixing no matter what.
Just saying... the postbox at exploits@neocron.info is always happy to be fed.

(at the same time, please abide to the rules and keep the mods happy by not discussing exploits in this thread or elsewhere on the forums)

Mizore
13-08-12, 10:35
What about an official statement concerning the fresh start/wipe-topic? Do you guys want to let the community decide or is it already decided?
Would like to hear the answer of a GM/Admin. ;)

kane
13-08-12, 12:02
The latter needs fixing no matter what.
Just saying... the postbox at exploits@neocron.info is always happy to be fed.

(at the same time, please abide to the rules and keep the mods happy by not discussing exploits in this thread or elsewhere on the forums)

Always and of course :) I never put a warning since most people here are hopefully not idiots anymore and grown up haha :)

What about an official statement concerning the fresh start/wipe-topic? Do you guys want to let the community decide or is it already decided?
Would like to hear the answer of a GM/Admin. ;)

I would love this but I doubt you will get anything yet.

LiL T
13-08-12, 18:16
Now that we are aware that some exciting developments are under way, I'd like to talk about game content in general, new content is needed in the form of quests, missions and the general noob to end game experience. I'm sure most of the older Neocron players prefer questing, item acquisition and pvp goals over grinding the same caves, the same mobs for hours on end just to reach cap/Woc so they can go do the end game stuff which is pvp. I totally hate leveling a character in this game now and its not just because of low pops, its because I've done it so many times it gets extremely tiresome and I'd really like that to change.

I propose that WOC lvls are either achieved through questing only which require some sort of team effort or the game moves to a more item based strategy in which only teams of players can gain those WOC items and doing away with the whole grind to WOC killing the same boring mobs for hours and hours.

I also want KK to srsly have a look at the mission system, its srsly crap and we have said this over and over again and they flat out refuse to do anything about it, I'd love a mission system similar to anarchy online, missions for solo and missions for teams, so that you get a mission and you have to travel to the apartment door and enter a code and that takes you to a new map. That would actually make the LE chip obsolete and you can remove that chip as people will have instanced rooms to lvl in with mobs set at their lvl or higher depending on the specs they have picked. I also think that KK could make missions that are super hard but give very good rewards, these missions will require people to travel to DOY and enter an apartment door located there and the mobs could drop tech parts and at the end of it perhaps 100k credits and or something you would normally get in a cave, such as a titan vest or viper vest (spelling) Just items that normally only drop in certain caves.

A decent amount of exp also which could be targeted depending on what a player selects, they choose in the mission spec before they run a search for missions for either intel, dex, str, psi, con.

Come on KK, I can think this shit up all day and so can many others... Why are we still not getting anything we have asked for?

/edit and you better get use to my persistent nagging again...

Brammers
13-08-12, 18:32
@LiL T - I don't think your proposed changes for missions changes anything much. It sounds exactly they way things are now.

However one point I want to pick up on - Instanced gameplay for Neocron Reloaded? No thanks.

I think it's the fact that Neocron 2 isn't instanced makes it's great. It always was fun meeting new playing levelling up in the sewers or if you had your LE out, keeping a lookout for that evil PK'er. :D

LiL T
13-08-12, 18:37
@LiL T - I don't think your proposed changes for missions changes anything much. It sounds exactly they way things are now.

However one point I want to pick up on - Instanced gameplay for Neocron Reloaded? No thanks.

I think it's the fact that Neocron 2 isn't instanced makes it's great. It always was fun meeting new playing levelling up in the sewers or if you had your LE out, keeping a lookout for that evil PK'er. :D

The changes I proposed would make a huge difference unless you've never played anarchy online or eve online both still successful and have a fun ways of doing things.

You don't want instancing and I can understand that so how about they make hacknet spys able to hack doors like they said they was going to. The spy hacks into someones mission and gains the code and a team of evil pkers are then able to enter that mission, kill the mission runners, kill all the mobs and then take the loot rewards and the belts from the dead?

Would that be more your cup of tea sir?

Faid
14-08-12, 01:57
I think what Brammers means is that instancing will severely detract from close knit community atmosphere that makes Neocron one of the greatest games ever. I have to agree, No instancing plz

flib
14-08-12, 04:11

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15828261/images/1312575684456.jpg

=REMUS=
14-08-12, 07:52
I think the game needs more quests like the epic system (which I think is great), however I can appreciate that intricate quests require GM support to keep them bug free.

However I think a wireless mission system would make sense, I mean ffs my general manager sends me an SMS when he wants me to action something from him.... i'm sure in the future they will have mobile devices, hell a cool cyber punk theme could be that the higher rank you achieve within a faction you can buy higher level communication devices (or they have to be built be a cster after you get the blue print and necessery parts in a mini quest) able to download the better missions... you have access remotely so you can get another 'kill 20 warbot' quest without hikeing back to the city merc base for instance.

I personally think there should be missions for the boss creatures like poison cave bat queen...etc, there needs to be higher level tech based bosses too like warbot lord....etc.

It'd help classes like monk with capping their intelligence as well.