PDA

View Full Version : Massively Article

Faid
08-08-12, 16:37
Their Game Archaeologist did an article on Neocron

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08/07/the-game-archaeologist-neocron-and-neocron-2

Trivaldi
08-08-12, 16:46
Really interesting read, thanks for pointing this out. Hopefully this has sparked an interest from older players and potential news ones, who might want to check out our favourite game when account creation comes back online again soon.

Mokoi
08-08-12, 16:52
Thank you - that is an familiar, yet none the less valuable outside view that highlights some of the issues we are facing on the way back to a crowded plaza. While I can follow the authors argument, I look forward to him updating that article in the not so distant future

... fingers crossed here :)

Paulitious_Rae
08-08-12, 17:00
Their Game Archaeologist did an article on Neocron

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08/07/the-game-archaeologist-neocron-and-neocron-2

Nice find, Faid. Some parts of the article are not entirely accurate, which is a shame, but overall it was an... interesting read. I was surprised how misinformed Justin Olivetti appeared to be on the current state of Neocron (Reloaded or otherwise), but I'll admit, information can be hard to find. Still, for someone writing an objective, retrospective piece of journalism, he didn't really do that much research.

Drachenpaladin
08-08-12, 17:24
I was surprised how misinformed Justin Olivetti appeared to be on the current state of Neocron (Reloaded or otherwise), but I'll admit, information can be hard to find. Still, for someone writing an objective, retrospective piece of journalism, he didn't really do that much research.

Well... given how communicative KK is, and this fact was properly portrait in the article, it can be REALLY hard to fincd actual infos about NC and KK. I mean.. our latest information is still what Kirk answered in the Q&A thread thingy from the time around they filed 2nd insolvency. Even ppl that return to NC find it hard to get a clear overview of what is actually happening. The history of the game isn't documented so greatly and i think that shows a mayor flaw in KKs PR policy.

Paulitious_Rae
08-08-12, 17:36
Well... given how communicative KK is, and this fact was properly portrait in the article, it can be REALLY hard to fincd actual infos about NC and KK. I mean.. our latest information is still what Kirk answered in the Q&A thread thingy from the time around they filed 2nd insolvency. Even ppl that return to NC find it hard to get a clear overview of what is actually happening. The history of the game isn't documented so greatly and i think that shows a mayor flaw in KKs PR policy.

I absolutely agree with you, Drachenpaladin. However, it still surprised me that in all of Olivetti's research he didn't come across things such as Neocron: Reloaded, Reakktors "buffering" homepage or the current rejuvenation that is occurring here. I would have thought that perusing (if not combing through) these forums would have been the first port-of-call for someone doing research on Neocron. It can be an arduous task: finding accurate, verified information about the state of the game, but everything I found, I found here.

One thing in the article I did notice:

So where does this leave Neocron? It's hard to ascertain at the moment, as the main website doesn't always seem to work.

This made me think, given how recent the article was published, that maybe he was unable to access the Neocron forums due to the downtime? If I were writing an article in the same vein as his, that would certain impact my final analysis.

Brammers
08-08-12, 17:45
Interesting read, I noticed nearly all the screenshots are from Neocron 1. The author isn't far off the mark, but I'm surprised he didn't use the THN as a resource - I think we got most of the major stories covered. ;)

Drachenpaladin
08-08-12, 19:03
Well, guess someone should point that man on those sources then^^

flib
09-08-12, 01:22
Interesting read, I noticed nearly all the screenshots are from Neocron 1. The author isn't far off the mark, but I'm surprised he didn't use the THN as a resource - I think we got most of the major stories covered. ;)

He did refer to the THN Wiki for release notes.

MrTrip
09-08-12, 20:43
I have corrected the links that pointed to my site. I actually trashed those articles and started over buuuut I brought them back.

@Brammers - How about some link exchange? Got a button or banner? That way people who land on neocron.org know about th.org and vice versa? ;)

Brammers
09-08-12, 22:57
@Brammers - How about some link exchange? Got a button or banner? That way people who land on neocron.org know about th.org and vice versa? ;)

Makes sense! :) I was looking through the list of websites, and 90% of them are all dead or replaced.

Sadly our banners ares a little dated - I need to get some new graphics done! However feel free to use any from here - http://www.techhaven.org/banners/ Except please dont use the ones that mention Phoenix or Fallen Angels. ;)

He did refer to the THN Wiki for release notes.

Opps! I stand corrected.

nEo-1664
13-08-12, 20:14
I have corrected the links that pointed to my site. I actually trashed those articles and started over buuuut I brought them back.

What size banners would do you? :-)

LiL T
13-08-12, 20:54
didn't read, its let me guess some one who thinks people care about them ranting about some game and them trying to steer peoples opinions about it, am I right?

If so not reading it, send them my kindest regards to STFU.

/edit

sorry but I just hate anything to do with what is called the Press...

flib
14-08-12, 03:41
Maybe you should take your own advice.

=REMUS=
14-08-12, 11:30
He should really of played the game since it's still active (it doesnt mention he couldnt create an account), seems very much to me like an article that was written in a day.

flib
14-08-12, 16:58
Account creation is down and has been for a while.

=REMUS=
14-08-12, 22:17
Account creation is down and has been for a while.

I know and I didn't state it wasn't?

flib
15-08-12, 01:18
I know and I didn't state it wasn't?

I don't see how you could expect him to have played the game with account creation down.

=REMUS=
15-08-12, 07:12
I don't see how you could expect him to have played the game with account creation down.

My point was that he didn't even try, if they where genuinely interested in an accurate article then a month or two wouldn't kill them.

Would you like me to explain anything else that's blindingly obvious?