PDA

View Full Version : Partial Server Move

Trivaldi
31-07-12, 18:10
Earlier today all master servers from the Neocron server environment were moved back to Europe.

Why was this necessary?
As you have undoubtedly noticed in recent weeks, we have repeatedly experienced a problem with a network node at our US provider. Each time this node failed it became impossible to join the game world servers. Although the world servers have appeared unavailable at times, they have experienced no unintended downtime with the failure existing between the master and game world servers.

As a result of the move this internal connection is now much more reliable, meaning any issues with single servers should not have a knock on effect on the rest.

A second reason for the move is more efficient processing of login data. The login process should now be faster as a result, with other business logic (e.g. account management) also benefiting from the increased performance.

Please Note! If you cannot get in game since the move, please make sure your UPDATER.INI and NEOCRON.INI game client files are writeable. Once these files are writeable running NeocronLauncher.exe will correct your connection information and allow you to get in game.

This did not affect the world servers Mars, Mercury & Terra, which remain in Canada.

Have fun!
Your Neocron Support Team

Dribble Joy
31-07-12, 18:32
So... will this actually improve the way the game runs at the moment when playing on Mars, Merc and Terra? Or is it simply to stop problems from one impacting the others?

MrTrip
31-07-12, 21:03
So... will this actually improve the way the game runs at the moment when playing on Mars, Merc and Terra? Or is it simply to stop problems from one impacting the others?

Stops one problem from keeping you out of the game, that never went down in the first place. The worldserver would remain online but no new logins were accepted.

Riddle
31-07-12, 21:10
So finally brammers basement is fully utilised :cool:

Good work though team, will be logging in soon

Brammers
31-07-12, 22:28
So finally brammers basement is fully utilised :cool:

Yes my plans to take over the world from my basement is finally happening! *Manic laughter*

*Ahem* Anyway good news that the issues are getting sorted - nice work. :cool:

bluelights
16-08-12, 11:14
Woop in this case i will finally reinstall NC on my Mac mini and come back for some action.

Apocalypsox
16-08-12, 20:29
Aww, it was nice to not have 200+ ping playing Neocron for once too.

Riddle
30-08-12, 11:46
I have been in game for a number of weeks now, thanks for all the support btw, but wanted to bring up the ping issues I have been experiencing. I thought it was just me being rural Ireland, but when attempting to level last night I was getting huge spikes which makes it almost unplayable when needing ppu support who was also having the same issues. Also saying they had had them for a while.

This is not a rant, merely an observation of 180-200 ping jumping to 1200-1800 and back again. Missed shields, heals, ammo reload not reloading, I'm alive- no I'm dead you get the point.

Is this related to the server or is there work to be done to resolve this? Thanks for any feedback.

Contrary to popular belief I do have some combat chars :)

MadMeleeFreak
30-08-12, 14:31
I think everyone connecting from europe get's those spikes. They are the only bad thing. If it simply would stay at a constant 180 to 200 it would be all fine. I'm not sure anything can be done from our and admin side, because I believe it's simply caused by the distance.

Mokoi
30-08-12, 14:47
I think everyone connecting from europe get's those spikes. They are the only bad thing. If it simply would stay at a constant 180 to 200 it would be all fine. I'm not sure anything can be done from our and admin side, because I believe it's simply caused by the distance.

them lag spikes are the same for all users, despite of their location.
they are tied to the (excuse me) c r a p hosting provided by the canadian datacenter.
They've been a great help to keep NC afloat during the hard times and I am certainly thankful for the support,
but we are definitly working on better options (tba when its done™).

Riddle
30-08-12, 21:39
Appreciate the reply Mokoi, understood, still happy to be playing after all these years! So I'll wait it out :)