PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrade: Welcome back!

Mokoi
23-07-12, 03:53
Welcome back to the all-new Official Neocron Forums!

To provide you with a richer and more secure experience the forums have now been upgraded to the latest and greatest full publishing suite from vBulletin. As it’s the same software family you should be comfortable with the functionality on offer.

During the upgrade we’ve taken the opportunity to streamline our forum areas, archiving off some unused areas and merging others. Here are the main changes so you can find your way around:

Community Talk

Now including Community Announcements about projects and fan sites.

Guides & Questions

New Runners Corner has been merged with Player Guides & Questions as these forums share a wealth of information.

Neofrag

A rebranded Character Classes forum to allow space for more discussion of general game mechanics and balance.

ConCenter

A general forum for in game activities merging Clan Recruitment, events from Community Announcements and the server specific forums.

The temporary Neocronicle forums have now been replaced with vBulletin’s Blogging suite (EN (http://forum.neocron.com/blog.php?1198325-Neocronicle), DE (http://forum.neocron.com/blog.php?1198326-Neocronicle)), where you can read and comment on articles all using your forum account. This suite will also allow easier searching of entries through a tagging system linking similar posts.

As this is new software and a completely new theme was required, you may find some oddities or areas needing a little more polish in the theme or configuration. Please report any issues of this nature in this thread (http://f.neocron.com/showthread.php?145428-Forum-Issues-Bugs) and these will be investigated as quickly as possible.

Finally, we’re pleased to confirm that the forum can now send out e-mails. This means going forward new forum accounts can be created, you can freely change your e-mail address and password, plus you will start getting e-mail notifications of private messages and thread subscriptions based on your personal preferences.

A massive amount of time and hard work has been put into this upgrade process from members of the voluntary Neocron Support Team and we genuinely hope you enjoy the improved experience.

Have Fun!
Your Neocron Support Team

P.S.: Please take a moment to change your forum account password(s) if you haven't done so yet and keep in mind it is best to not use the same password across multiple accounts/services.

james_finn
23-07-12, 10:06
Thanks to all the support staff who've worked hard getting the new forums skinned and up! They look great!

Morpheus
23-07-12, 10:58
I will miss the old forums.., but this one looks nice too ;)

Hell-demon
23-07-12, 12:45
Nice to see an upgrade. This makes me hopeful of Neocron's longevity :)

garyu69
23-07-12, 15:33
Looks fancy. Good job.

Setlec
23-07-12, 17:02
I will miss the old forums.., but this one looks nice too ;)

agreed, though i already miss the old forums. :'(

Riddle
24-07-12, 12:57
Thanks to all the team for your hard work that made this possible! Great job!
Good to have the forum up again and its great it has not just been left go altogether :)
looking forward to the possibility of you all breathing some life into the NC world over the next few years

LeFae
28-07-12, 13:18
I can only echo what others have said. However, it is good to see some renovation going on because it really does give one hope for the future. :)

zii
16-08-12, 20:48
Prefer the new look to the old. This is far nicer to read and the reply button is much nicer.

Good choice of forum software. Well done.