PDA

View Full Version : Forum Issues / Bugs

Mokoi
22-07-12, 19:45
Please use this thread to collect issues
related to the new forum software/theme(s).
Thank you!

Bitte nutzt diesen Thread um Probleme mit der neuen Forensoftware
oder den Themes zu melden.
Danke!

Known Issues:
- WYSIWYG editor buttons need more contrast
- small avatar images missing (404) on blog view

Feature requests:
In most cases, new features will likely be added only after the more pressing infrastructure issues are resolved.
- Evaluate tapatalk plugin
- Add NC themed mobile template.
- Animated Avatars can not be used (we will discuss this, edit: please vote! (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?145452-Forum-Policy-Animated-Avatars))

Fixed Issues:
- Human verification required on every post
- Users cannot create new threads in some sections.
- Last edited by message may appear multiple times
- Post date is not being displayed (theme bug)
- set the default values of the profile privacy to members only
- Thread-navigation on multipage threads is misaligned.

Photcron
23-07-12, 05:46
Avatars are now 60x60 in lieu of 70x70. Previous 70x70 avatars are shrunk and harshly compressed leaving visible artifacts and blurring.
--
Winston Cross

Dark-Destroy
23-07-12, 09:34
Animated avatars can't be uploaded. Is that intended?
If: Yes!

Please WinstonCross recreate my new avatar. It was so cool...

Morpheus
23-07-12, 11:18
No Time/Date stamp.. posts could be from yesterday or from 10 years ago..

Please switch off those random questions for registered members with 10+ posts..

They come like this: "What color are 1 +13 + 7 oranges?"

cheers

Snedex
23-07-12, 11:53
The random question per post is irritating.

Mobile theme is completely different to desktop site theme. Colour scheme ... etc.

Brammers
23-07-12, 13:15
Ok why is there a random question to ever time I post?

Edit: Ok looks anti-spambot measure.... can this be change to 1st post only please?

P.S. Good work on the forum upgrades! :cool:

Photcron
23-07-12, 13:30
Forum is prohibiting the use of .gif avatars. Apart from its animation qualities, .gif uses a lossless compression method.
--
Winston Cross

enigma_b17
24-07-12, 09:52
Haven't played around with it much yet, but is it really necessary to restrict the body of the forum to 980px?
May not necessarily be a bug, but a wider forum would be nicer.

Currently the mix of the larger font, and the small available space makes it look a bit "clunky" :)

Mokoi
24-07-12, 09:57
I would also like to reintroduce a fluid layout at some point, but this will sit on the "things to worry about when there are less things to worry about" pile for a bit. Until then, see if the NC:LIGHT theme suits you better (a theme switcher is located in the bottom left on every page).

enigma_b17
24-07-12, 12:56
Ah yea didn't see that, prefer darker colours, but this'll do for now! :)
Thanks Mokoi, will let ye know should anymore bugs I discover.

Did a "forgotten password" test yesterday, other than the email taking nearly 12hours to send it worked fine :)

Drachenpaladin
24-07-12, 13:06
The thread-navigation has some issues with threads that have more then one page.
http://t3.pixhost.org/thumbs/2468/13522358_forum.jpg (http://www.pixhost.org/show/2468/13522358_forum.jpg)

Would it be possible to set the default values of the profile privacy to members only?

flib
24-07-12, 21:14
I would also like to reintroduce a fluid layout at some point, but this will sit on the "things to worry about when there are less things to worry about" pile for a bit. Until then, see if the NC:LIGHT theme suits you better (a theme switcher is located in the bottom left on every page).

I, for one, like the fixed-width layout. If you end up changing it, please give us the option to have it this way, too. :)

Mokoi
24-07-12, 21:23
I, for one, like the fixed-width layout. If you end up changing it, please give us the option to have it this way, too. :)

sure thing - in fact, we may add a few (also player contributed) additional variants once this theme is relieved from the remaining bugs and the other infrastructure issues (mainly launcher / account creation) are in the clear. ;)

james_finn
25-07-12, 01:27
On the blogs (e.g. this page: http://forum.neocron.com/entry.php?35-Warbot-Cola-Taken ) the avatar icons for each other post are missing (url for the icons are: http://forum.neocron.com/customavatars/thumbs/avatar1198325_1.gif ). Otherwise the forums look excellent!

Photcron
17-08-12, 12:15
In light of the avatar contest, avatars are still limited to 70x70 in lieu of 100x100.
--
Winston Cross

Riddle
19-08-12, 10:21
Private message notification - There doesn't appear to be any indication on the forum page that you have received a new message? Used to be on the old forum something like : private messages (1)

Thanks

Nidhogg
19-08-12, 11:27
Private message notification - There doesn't appear to be any indication on the forum page that you have received a new message? Used to be on the old forum something like : private messages (1)
In the new forum there's a general "Notifications:" message at the top of the page that warns you if you have things like private messages, friend invites etc. It tells you how many notifications you have in total and if you click on it it will give you a breakdown of each type. You can then click on the type to go to that list.

Photcron
19-08-12, 11:27
Kindly increase the avatar file size limit from 9.8KB to 32KB.
--
Winston Cross

Riddle
19-08-12, 13:44
In the new forum there's a general "Notifications:" message at the top of the page that warns you if you have things like private messages, friend invites etc. It tells you how many notifications you have in total and if you click on it it will give you a breakdown of each type. You can then click on the type to go to that list.
Thanks Nid! Going blind in my old age.....:lol: