PDA

View Full Version : [OT]Euro 2012

Powerpunsh
18-06-12, 15:16
Hey i see no thread about it. Noone addicted in Football?

Whos your favorite?
I hope germany will face spain again in the finals. Looks like its possible due to the groups.

For today i think spain vs croatia 1:1/2:2 and for Italy vs Ireland 2:1. Lets hope they gonna sing again. Probably the best fans. :)

Danae
18-06-12, 15:38
In a noncommital, laid back manner of speaking, I'm supporting England and Germany respectively; but no one over here is watching it cuz the bastards don't seem to like footie very much ^^ I'm all for any excuse to watch fit guys run around in small shorts :angel:

Drachenpaladin
18-06-12, 15:44
Noone addicted in Football?

Btw: he means soccer, not to be confused with the american football. ;)

nabbl
18-06-12, 16:39
Watching it and supporting the best team.

GERMANY

MadMeleeFreak
18-06-12, 16:47
Of course I support Germany.

If all goes on without any surprises the finals will be us vs. spain and this time we'll win.

Atreides
18-06-12, 18:35
Btw: he means soccer, not to be confused with the american football. ;)
OMG :rolleyes:

In some parts of the world people will beat the shit out of you for saying things like that.

Danae
18-06-12, 18:43
Drach likes to live on the edge!

In some parts of the world people will beat the shit out of you for saying things like that.

Biglines
18-06-12, 18:47
/me is glad the netherlands is out.. no more retarded supporters

Drachenpaladin
18-06-12, 18:47
And if i read such statements i remember why i give a fart about soccer, football or whatever the name of the sacrosanct sport might be.
Just wanted to counter a possible confusion.

Plus: In every corner of the world people will beat the shit out anyone for no reason at all.

MadMeleeFreak
18-06-12, 18:51

I'd say in most parts (about anywhere else but the USA). Calling a game about throwing an egg around football is ... :rolleyes:

Anyways American Football is the most boring sport there is.

I prefer a decent game of Rugby anytime.

Heck even rhythmic gymnastics is more interesting.

psychowar
18-06-12, 23:30
I don't like flags. I don't like the nationalism that comes up with the championship. I hope it's over soon.

Faid
19-06-12, 01:52
I'd say in most parts (about anywhere else but the USA). Calling a game about throwing an egg around football is ... :rolleyes:

Anyways American Football is the most boring sport there is.

I prefer a decent game of Rugby anytime.

Heck even rhythmic gymnastics is more interesting.

The name of the sport has nothing to do with the shape of the ball lol, its actually named after the length of the ball, 12 inches = 1 foot, hence football. Kinda retarded but I'd take it of soccer any day lol.

Like any sport, I suppose you'd like it if you had a team to support, i swear half the hype of euro football is the rivalries between the fans. That being said I still love wearing my Liverpool Jersey :D

Doc Holliday
19-06-12, 04:13
People who cuss american football generally are the ones who never actually took the time to try and comprehend it because it does take a bit of understanding and getting used to. no flame just an observation of the amount of people who said it to me in the past and when questioned have never even tried to play madden or watch a game. (Go Cowboys :P)

go england go germany go who evers playing the best football. i havent seen a game yet because of time difference and lack of tv to watch it on out here but i will be back in england sunday coming so will check it out then.

Brammers
19-06-12, 10:41
Big game tonight for England! Pre-match warm-up starts at 6pm down the pub! :cool:

P.S. I've better say go Germany as well!

nabbl
19-06-12, 10:51
P.S. I've better say go Germany as well!

You chose wisely my friend.

MadMeleeFreak
19-06-12, 10:54
People who cuss american football generally are the ones who never actually took the time to try and comprehend it because it does take a bit of understanding and getting used to. no flame just an observation of the amount of people who said it to me in the past and when questioned have never even tried to play madden or watch a game. (Go Cowboys :P)

Actually I took the time quite a while ago. Playing it actually is fun as it has tactical depth and is pretty intense. But watching it? No I can't stand it. Maybe it's because of all the breaks. I mean the first game I watched took nearly 4 hours, while the bare playing time is what? 60 minutes?

It's kinda the same with baseball. It's fun to play, but for someone used to watching faced paced, relatively uninterrupted sports, it's boring to be watching.

I love basketball and icehockey though. Those are fun to play AND watch.

enigma_b17
19-06-12, 12:56
Ireland all the way!
Yes we were crap, yes we were useless, yes we lost all the games, but be-gara did we drink alot! Woohooo!

Re the comment about American Football, i've seen 2 games, both as horrificially boring as the last. I am sure its fun to play, but unless you are going to go and get completely and utterly hammered, there really isn't much in it for me :)

Doc Holliday
20-06-12, 06:58
I love basketball and icehockey though. Those are fun to play AND watch.

I went to a stadium once to watch a fight and right in the middle of it a game of ice hockey broke out. ;)

MadMeleeFreak
20-06-12, 11:59
I went to a stadium once to watch a fight and right in the middle of it a game of ice hockey broke out. ;)

Haha, indeed.