PDA

View Full Version : Chenoa - Nicole Montag

Kirk Lenke
21-05-12, 22:48
Hi all,
I am sorry that I have to return with really sad news. News that have made us all pause for a minute or even longer.

With Danaes words:

"It is a very sad day for the Neocron family. Over the years, we have been blessed with the pleasure to work with the greatest people in the world. Nicole "Chenoa" Montag is one of those dear people. As some may know, Chenoa has been battling illness now for quite some time. It is with a heavy heart I post today that her body could take no more. Chenoa has gone far too soon to be with her maker. We pray and hope for those left behind; that they will find comfort in knowing her pain has ended and her legacy lives on in our hearts, our minds, and in our gaming community. Chenoa will never be forgotten.

Remember her kindly and warmly; All the good times we shared together in game, on chat, and even in person for those lucky enough to have met Chenoa. Our deepest condolences to all friends and family who survive her.

We all love you, Chen."

Thanks Nicole

Kirk

Atreides
21-05-12, 22:58
RIP Chenoa

Dark-Destroy
21-05-12, 23:00
I wished, that this is a bad joke. But then I realised, that this is the truth and I'm shocked.
I didn't know her personally, but I would like to say:

"Thank you for everything you did for us."

RIP Chenoa

Brammers
21-05-12, 23:23
:( Very sad to hear.

Thank you Chenoa for everything you done, and rest in peace.

nikkon
21-05-12, 23:31
a monument should be placed in p1 in her honor ..
R.I.P chenoa you will be missed

Hoder
21-05-12, 23:37
All the good times we shared together in game, on chat, and even in person for those lucky enough to have met Chenoa.

I count myself amongst the lucky people to have met Nicky in real life when she visited London in 2009. We shared a lot of laughs and enjoyed many a "cross-culture" joke, together with a fellow GM and a few select members of the English community.

In work, I will always remember Nicky for her exquisite artistry that went into decorating event zones. She could start with an empty cave and make it look like a jeweller's shop. When she gave me some event-related training back in the day, I admired her attention to detail and her insistence that my benches were millimetre perfect before I could be unleashed onto the servers! Every time I place a line of benches, I will remember her encouraging voice on Teamspeak.

The hours of work that she put into Neocron was staggering. She would often be online behind the scenes, reading, sending emails, writing articles from 6 in the morning, always being around as often as possible and working on events until late in the night. Her energy seemed limitless. Her enthusiasm that she put into every RP character she played shone through like a beacon; she was truly an expert in her field.. an artist that other game producers can only envy.

RIP Nicky

james_finn
21-05-12, 23:41
Oh what sad news, through my different guises I am able to say that I knew Nicky and have fond memories of talking to her on teamspeak. It truely is a sad day.

My condolences to her family, may she rest in peace.

Watson
21-05-12, 23:51
Too young, too sad, and too soon.

My heart goes out to her family.

Take it easy Nicky. Take care.

R.I.P.

Biglines
22-05-12, 00:16
My condolances to her family and friends. I had no idea she was ill.

Danae
22-05-12, 00:29
It is a very sad time for all of us.

Thank you, Kirk for posting. The words are from my heart, and I believe we all feel the same sorrow right now. My thoughts and prayers are with all of Nicky's family and friends.

Some stars burn too bright, too fast, and fade far too soon. Chenoa was a star to us. Though she is gone, she will shine on in our hearts and memories for all time.

Ithaqua
22-05-12, 00:30
Damn it all to hell.

I seem to remember Chen from my days as a GM way back when in NC1. through the fog of memory I can't think of anything but positive things about her.

Too Damned Soon.

RIP Chenoa.

Jodo
22-05-12, 00:32
So sad. Rest in peace.

BlackIvory
22-05-12, 07:42
You will never forget - thanks for all, Nicole!

Linear
22-05-12, 10:54
Oh God, Chenoa...So sad....

R.I.P., from all russian community. You will always remain in our hearts.

Morpheus
22-05-12, 13:03
Farwell Chenoa...

Trivaldi
22-05-12, 14:13
Really sad news, Chenoa will always be remembered.

/e pray

RIP Chen.

Necpock
22-05-12, 16:39
I have had the priviledge and pleasure of meeting Chenoa a long time ago. She was one of the nicest people anyone could have wanted to meet ingame or otherwise. I will always remember her events and her enthusiasm for the community. Without her spirit, this very forum wouldn't be around today.
My thoughts and condolences go out endlessly to her friends and her family, and to anyone who had known her.
RIP Chenoa.
Thanks.

Kanedax
22-05-12, 19:52
Well shit. This is terrible to hear. May you rest in peace Chenoa. I'll never forget the time you teleported me in to a group of fire mobs for dicking around at one of your events.

-FN-
22-05-12, 20:46
Very sad news :( I'm sure many of us didn't even know she was ill. My condolences to her friends, family, and community members who knew her well.

Here's to hoping her SI wears off quickly...

MrDomino
23-05-12, 03:20
"Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circling flight.

I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there; I did not die."

-Mary Frye

msressi
23-05-12, 13:11
Very nicely said MrDomino. I will always remember her fondly :angel:

danmalone
23-05-12, 14:58
A very sad day indeed.

Thoughts go to her family and loved ones.

RIP :angel:

Riddle
23-05-12, 19:44
This is very sad news, my heart goes put to all affected by this truly tragic news.

Setlec
23-05-12, 20:19
oh my... i'm shocked that Chenoa is gone... i knew she was sick for some time. Rest in peace Chenoa. you will be missed.

Nidhogg
23-05-12, 22:47
This is awful news. :( I worked closely with Nicky here on NC and even closer on Black Prophecy. She was a very special person and was passionate about making the games the best they could be. She will be fondly remembered and sadly missed. :(

DARK_Overfiend
24-05-12, 01:16
RIP Chenoa - Forever in our Hearts

Collen
24-05-12, 15:43
RIP Chenoa all prays are for you

Habrok
24-05-12, 15:55
Condolences to her family and loved ones,

RIP Chenoa :(

~Leo~
24-05-12, 17:19
R.I.P, Nicky :(

phunqe
24-05-12, 20:56
Given the direction things in general seem to be heading lately, the old cliché "headed towards a better place" might be holding more truth than ever.

Condolences to family and friends.

Rest in peace Nicole :angel:

Skusty
25-05-12, 21:57
R.I.P, you'll be missed.

Garfield
26-05-12, 11:27
rest in peace Chen!

was a pleasure to know you

Abdulklappstuhl
26-05-12, 12:10
Condolences from "-=R2K-UA=-" and "Reakktor2000 e.V."

It is incomprehensible and very sad.

It remembers us of the transience of all being.

We thank her for eveything she did for Neocron and especially for every event, which she organized for or with us.

She will never be forgotten.

RIP Chen.

enigma_b17
28-05-12, 18:25
RIP Nicole.
Aslong as we celebrate her life, she'll live forever.

Obsidian X
29-05-12, 16:02
Not checked these forums in a loooong time, and to be greeted with such sad news....

RIP Nicole, it was a pleasure to work with you.

Kannix
30-05-12, 00:12
sad sad news :/

Drevious
30-05-12, 06:50
Was that danae???

Biglines
30-05-12, 12:51
Was that danae???
no, chenoa, Danae wrote the main text.

Heavyporker
04-06-12, 04:08
Awww... jeez. I remember working for her as a RP character. Geez. She was a pretty cool lady. I hope her family is handling it well.

yavimaya
04-06-12, 08:33
Such sad news, one of the Reakktor long termers and a very nice lady, you will be missed by everyone who knew you.

RIP Chenoa.

Iceflower
04-06-12, 20:01
Very sad news.

RIP Chenoa.

WanderSchuh
10-06-12, 21:58
Rest in Peace.

daughterolilith
04-07-12, 04:12
Oh wow :( Just saw this on the new facebook :(

QeeQaek
05-07-12, 11:13
mourn.. never forget

RaTMaN McCruel
05-07-12, 23:35
In the darkest nights the stars shine the brightest.

Crahn with her!

Speedball
13-08-12, 19:19
Rest in peace... :/

[TgR]KILLER
31-08-12, 20:11
Little late but i'v been gone..

RIP

ancient
30-09-12, 03:33
I've only just seen this. This is really sad to hear, she was one cool dudette! My heat goes out to all her family and all those who knew her.

:(

Jimbo2552
04-10-12, 12:39
What a sad post to see...she did so much for the community and the support team...including building a stellar RP conduit for runners to interact with... she will be missed!

DaReal
24-08-13, 03:35
Sorry, for "bumping" this. I just came by, to see what happend to neocron and if there are still some "known" people around. But to read this now... came unexpected. :(

Thanks for putting so much heart into neocron. As GM, but as well as player. I will never forget our playtime/events pre-doy. Especially the story about that raided Appartment, which we prepared for the neocronicle. Good old times.

Wherever you are now, Nicole. I wish you all the best.
Günni aka Real / U-Turn