PDA

View Full Version : Official IRC Channel Launches!

Trivaldi
10-05-12, 00:29
In order to further improve communication between the community and the Neocron Support Team, we would like to bring you a new channel in which to chat - an IRC channel!

We would like to invite you to join us in the new Official Neocron IRC Channel, where you can discuss the game and its community as well as a variety of other topics. Several members of the Neocron Support Team will be present in the channel to join in the discussion and to further break down the mystery of the team as well as the barrier between it and the community.

During the recent GM Meet & Greet event we were able to have some great fun as well as chat about the game we all love and so we would be delighted to continue that feeling of a tighter community.

To join the new channel either visit http://irc.neocron-game.com or add that address to your favourite client and join #neocron!

We’ll see you soon!
Your Neocron Support Team

Chuck Norris
10-05-12, 01:01
In order to further improve communication between the community and the Neocron Support Team, we would like to bring you a new channel in which to chat - an IRC channel!

We would like to invite you to join us in the new Official Neocron IRC Channel, where you can discuss the game and its community as well as a variety of other topics. Several members of the Neocron Support Team will be present in the channel to join in the discussion and to further break down the mystery of the team as well as the barrier between it and the community.

During the recent GM Meet & Greet event we were able to have some great fun as well as chat about the game we all love and so we would be delighted to continue that feeling of a tighter community.

To join the new channel either visit http://irc.neocron.info or add that address to your favourite client and join #neocron!

We’ll see you soon!
Your Neocron Support Team

Holy shit nice! now this is how you catch these sammichs

Ithaqua
10-05-12, 01:39
Now all we need are Pixie and Uman and it's the 90s again :D

Drachenpaladin
10-05-12, 03:16
Nice, really nice.

Danae
10-05-12, 03:19

Soooo awesome seeing you guys <3

Dribble Joy
10-05-12, 09:04
Back in the day I used to know how to use IRC....

r2d22k
10-05-12, 11:55
Back in the day I used to know how to use IRC....

Hehe, yeah a long time ago... now I feel old ^^

Now, on top of the forum, a new reason to not work on my PhD thesis, damn ;)

Brammers
10-05-12, 12:07

Add Twitter, Google+ and Facebook to that list! :) Time to dust off my IRC skills!

james_finn
10-05-12, 16:42

Get on with it! You'll feel so good when its finally done ;)

Dribble Joy
10-05-12, 17:13
OK, I have no idea how to work this stuff.

DLed irc, now I have no clue.

Baby steps for the n00b please!

Edit: Using mIRC.

Biglines
10-05-12, 17:23
it's actually not letting me connect:

* Connecting to irc.neocron.info (6667)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Permission denied)

edit: nvm, stupid mcaffee is actually blocking irc :S

Dribble Joy
10-05-12, 17:28
Done it!

Dark-Destroy
10-05-12, 22:46
If it's possible, plz add ssl on port 6669 ty

Biglines
12-05-12, 01:26
I wrote a quick irc plugin for the unex launcher, so people can go on the irc server from ingame. (read: marc hoover did all the hard work, i just put a little shell around it)

It's in the official launcher, and can be activated in there.
http://ultimate-networx.net/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=2

commands:

/ircconnect username
connects to neocron irc server and joins #neocron

/ircjoin #channel
joins #channel

/ircleave #channel
leaves #channel

/ircmsg target message
private messages target

/irc message
sends message to the current channel

/ircswitch #channel
switches /irc target to a different channel

/ircnick username
changes nickname to username

and sending direct messages to yourself works the same as /irc message

nabbl
12-05-12, 09:28
nice

but somehow doesnt work for me.

it doesnt want to join irc

MadMeleeFreak
12-05-12, 12:28
For me it does not work either. Actually none of the plugins do react in any way to typing their commands to chat. Is there anything I can do to give some debug info? E.g: would I see any additional processes running in task manager if the plugins are loaded?

Could it be ralted to running on Win 7 Ultimate 64 and using WinXP SP 3 compatibility for client.exe?

MadMeleeFreak
12-05-12, 13:45
Problem solved, by restarting the launcher after starting Neocron. I suspect somethig in my system config is interfering with the launcher connecting to the client on startup.

Biglines
12-05-12, 14:32
there were a few issues with some versions (h00ver fixed them, but some config files must have gotten twisted somewhere).

one is indeed that one has to restart the launcher after having set the neocron2 location.

The other is that sometimes the config file is bugged. Open up LauncherHost.exe.config in notepad, and edit the following line:

<add key="PluginPattern" value="*.plugi*.dll" />
and replace it with:

<add key="PluginPattern" value="*.plugi*" />

Strife
12-05-12, 14:36
Not sureif you're still in contact with him, but I linked your post to him :P

Biglines
14-05-12, 22:52
due to some dual log issues, I've removed the "self-message" direct option, and I've added the /irclist command, which will get the current users of the channel.

Ryan Steiner
15-05-12, 00:05
due to some dual log issues, I've removed the "self-message" direct option, and I've added the /irclist command, which will get the current users of the channel.

does the unex launcher update the irc plugin automatically, or do we have to delete the old file and reinstall it afterwards?

Biglines
15-05-12, 00:42
does the unex launcher update the irc plugin automatically, or do we have to delete the old file and reinstall it afterwards?
dunno, will have to see when it's actually updated on the server (it's not as of this post)

Dark-Destroy
15-05-12, 16:48
Hey there,

I need a little support for the unex launcher:
I tried the irc-plugin and alle the other stuff and it works great! However, there is a big problem, so it is unusable for me.
If I start the game with the unex launcher, the push to talk (or generally the microphone) in ts3 doesnt work. The communication is not possible.
I have someone else in the clan, who have the same problem.

It's a problem with the unex launcher or with my soundcard driver? Normally the push to talk works!

Greetz
=DD=

Biglines
15-05-12, 17:37
hmm, for me the push to talk key works fine. Try setting your teamspeak key for a different key?

Dark-Destroy
15-05-12, 18:21
hmm, for me the push to talk key works fine. Try setting your teamspeak key for a different key?

doesnt work :(

Supernorbi
13-09-12, 18:02
For all mIRC user a klickable Browser link: irc://irc.neocron.info/neocron

copy n paste in your browser

ancient
03-11-13, 02:32
The NC web IRC needs some update server side to work, it's not letting me use it.

LeoPump
03-11-13, 16:26
The NC web IRC needs some update server side to work, it's not letting me use it.

/confirm

[15:25:17] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.neocron-game.com (port 843).

But it works fine with MIRC or something else.

Zoltan
03-11-13, 17:50
Fixed. Thank you for your report :)

-FN-
19-11-16, 00:01
Is the IRC server still up?

I'm also looking for API docs :)

Bifrost
19-11-16, 01:49
The IRC server is a little unwell so it is currently offline at this time and we don't have a ETA for a fix.

However we do have a very active Discord server - https://discord.gg/tcqAHpk

For the Neocron API - there are a few examples in the Community Projects Forum (https://forum.neocron-game.com/forumdisplay.php?240-Community-Projects)