PDA

View Full Version : Server Issues [MERGED]

firepayy
04-05-12, 01:07
have the servers died or is it me

Munter
04-05-12, 01:09
I get to the char selection screen, after that i just get a black screen then boots me back to login

Was fine an hour ago :confused:

firepayy
04-05-12, 01:14
its the server then cause its doing the same to me

oh well prototype 2 gunna get clocked tonight then it seems

SirFerret
04-05-12, 01:29
I can get to char select but then I get black screen and return to login. I can log into Mars without issue however. Terra seems to be the only affected server.

(On a side note, very surprised I can actually post in this forum. I haven't been able to post replies to any other form.)

EDIT: They fixed my account. :) Love tech support folks.

Distort
04-05-12, 01:49
Same, Terra seems to be down

firepayy
04-05-12, 03:03
(On a side note, very surprised I can actually post in this forum. I haven't been able to post replies to any other form.)

EDIT: They fixed my account. :) Love tech support folks.

i its just cause i am uber and i started thread

bryancs82
04-05-12, 04:37
i finaly got the game to let me make a character or 2 and now it will not let me connect to the world server. any suggestions

Faid
04-05-12, 04:46
Terra has been broken for a while now...

bryancs82
04-05-12, 04:51
so guess that means the others are more than just german

SirFerret
04-05-12, 07:41
Any possibility of a resolution to the Terra issue in the next 24 hours? Any moderator viewing by chance?

Jaeon
04-05-12, 09:55
I can connect up to the server window, all 3 servers show up.

But after choosing my character, there's a delay and then a "failed to connect to worldserver"...and back to main screen.

Bifrost
04-05-12, 10:46
Apologies for the issues. We are investigating and will let you know once we have any more news.

Zoltan
04-05-12, 14:16
Server is back online and running. We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. :)

Z

Pungent77
04-05-12, 23:56
Thank you Support Team

Sangree
06-05-12, 11:48
we cant start neocron. atm.

Tankjr
06-05-12, 11:57
We want Op Fights right now, yesterday was a great Day - keep the Good Work !!

:p ;)

kayvaan
06-05-12, 12:27
Ähh? - I cant login in my Account. Nothing happens wenn I press enter ... he trys to connect and jumps back to login screen without Message.

Dribble Joy
06-05-12, 12:40
Same here.

r2d22k
06-05-12, 12:53
Same here...

firepayy
06-05-12, 12:57
been doing that for almost 2 hours now was on when it started was hoping in was sorted by now ill try again in a bit

Sangree
06-05-12, 13:11
i cant log in in neocron. is it down or only for me?

Angel of Hell
06-05-12, 13:12
no its down at the moment i cant log in either

firepayy
06-05-12, 14:10
does anyone else have problems closing the game after you try log in too see if it is fixed ( in full screen ) even when i alt-f4 it seems to freeze up and I've had to end program in wtm this didnt happen when logging in wasnt an issue

ratakresch
06-05-12, 14:41
it's down

same here ^^

Zoltan
06-05-12, 14:59
The login server is down, we'll take some time to solve this problem. (ETE ~1:00am GMT+1). We are sorry about this.

Z

Sato
06-05-12, 16:13
we will play neocron right now

SirFerret
06-05-12, 16:19
we will play neocron right now

That seems to be the case. *sigh* Here I was hoping to work on my constructor a bit. (How I'm not sure, considering he has virtually NO combat abilities. :) )

SirFerret
06-05-12, 16:23
The login server is down, we'll take some time to solve this problem. (ETE ~1:00am GMT+1). We are sorry about this.

Z

10+ hours to sort the login server issue? Really?

firepayy
06-05-12, 17:38
isnt the command to fix it
/set reset_loginserver 1
and if that doesnt work try
/set kill_self 1

gstyle40
06-05-12, 18:32
That seems to be the case. *sigh* Here I was hoping to work on my constructor a bit. (How I'm not sure, considering he has virtually NO combat abilities. :) )

Lots of constructing or lots of droneing

SirFerret
06-05-12, 18:51
Lots of constructing or lots of droneing

Gonna have to be the construction option as I have 0 points into willpower. I do have a bit of heavy combat on him. :) Spy can't use the really good weapons there though, so he'll be very limited on that front.

firepayy
06-05-12, 19:37
Gonna have to be the construction option as I have 0 points into willpower. I do have a bit of heavy combat on him. :) Spy can't use the really good weapons there though, so he'll be very limited on that front.

build aloat of pn's and punishers as u prolly know there cheap parts and shop bought parts at that and droners will normaly cover costs at a min

SirFerret
06-05-12, 21:42

Z

Any update to the server issue, or are we still looking at 0000 GMT? (2000 CDT)

SirFerret
06-05-12, 21:44
build aloat of pn's and punishers as u prolly know there cheap parts and shop bought parts at that and droners will normaly cover costs at a min

Guess I gotta get my hands on a PN. Have a punisher to play around with, even built one with around 96% on stats. Figured I'd hold off a while on building more. (Current skill is like 207, built the one when it was below 200 IIRC.)

Maybe I'll get my Barter to sell 'em off, see what I can get out of them.

firepayy
07-05-12, 00:05

Z

i bet they know the time will be ~1.00am because thats what time the guy who knows what button to press is gunna get thrown out of his local pub

SirFerret
07-05-12, 00:28
i bet they know the time will be ~1.00am because thats what time the guy who knows what button to press is gunna get thrown out of his local pub

I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of maintenance or other. Probably something to do with login or banned accounts, maybe even trying to get some sort of cheat protection in without anyone knowing. This is just speculation however.

SirFerret
07-05-12, 03:10
Any update on server status? It's still down, 0200 GMT...

bryancs82
07-05-12, 04:24
damn just got back to playing this game and they take a chunk of my night time fun away

firepayy
07-05-12, 05:53
id be capped by now on all my chars if server wasn't down so i think kk should issue out the test server reverse lomms as compensation :D :D :D :D :D

SirFerret
07-05-12, 08:02
So is it just me or is the login server STILL down??????????

Thought they alluded to 0100 GMT, that's long since gone and still nothing.

Zoltan
07-05-12, 10:01
Calm down, we are on it :) It needs longer than expected, sorry for that.

SirFerret
07-05-12, 10:05
Calm down, we are on it :) It needs longer than expected, sorry for that.

I'm quite calm actually. Just looking for an update on when it "may" be up and running. (Not asking for a definite time, maybe a window of possibility?)

Descent
07-05-12, 10:20
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IRU-_-s5btM/TuExVM1Kh_I/AAAAAAAAAk0/ZRKIRBKfnJU/s1600/zoltan.jpg

*does funny hand movement*

ZOLTAN!

Zoltan
07-05-12, 10:52
D'oh !

I'm quite calm actually. Just looking for an update on when it "may" be up and running. (Not asking for a definite time, maybe a window of possibility?)

Sorry, no chance for me for estimate this.

bryancs82
07-05-12, 15:23
hmm you guys know how many aggressor captain missions i have to do? damn servers :lol:

SirFerret
07-05-12, 15:29
So is there any idea at all when the login server will be functional again? I mean, I think we've all been fairly patient thus far, it would be nice to know if or when the login will work again.

Dark-Destroy
07-05-12, 15:32
Please read the messages above.

The hamster isn't athletic as he should be :)

bryancs82
07-05-12, 15:35
The hamster isn't athletic as he should be :)

i blame fastfood...

Danae
07-05-12, 15:47
http://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/528617_290704171015162_165779253507655_645947_1924592326_n.jpg

Biglines
07-05-12, 15:48
I blame canada! it's too damn cold up there for server hamsters!

bryancs82
07-05-12, 16:01
http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/fat-hamster.jpg

just gotta push him a bit thats all

Tankjr
07-05-12, 16:11
/set reset_loginserver 1
/set kill_self 1

lol .. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: ..i prefer that methode
or give us the number of that office, we can handle that :p

Dark-Destroy
07-05-12, 16:14
Hey Tankjr,

nice idea, but I think the staff should try this:

http://www.nocreditcheck-paydayloans.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/human_hamster_wheel_payday_loan_bad_debt.jpg

Tankjr
07-05-12, 16:15
indeed ..roll it, come on ..moove

Dark-Destroy
07-05-12, 16:17
Oh my fault.

I thought it was ur idea :|

Tankjr
07-05-12, 16:19
Oh my fault.

I thought it was ur idea :|

Nope .. :D

bryancs82
07-05-12, 16:22
http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2008/05/serverexplode.jpg

found the problem

firepayy
07-05-12, 17:02
/set reset_loginserver 1
/set kill_self 1

lol .. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: ..i prefer that methode
or give us the number of that office, we can handle that :p

omg your ninja hacking my joke o_O :wtf:

/set gm_makeeclientFRE.Tankjr 1

firepayy
07-05-12, 17:09
:eek: :eek: :wtf: :wtf: this is starting to get a bit tooo long its a bank hols in uk peeps have a day off work and want to spend it in nc this taking so long doesnt make u look like your on our side kk :confused: :confused: :confused:
btw have u check that its pluged in ???? and if it is try unpluging it and pluging it back in lol O_o O_o :eek: :eek:

SirFerret
07-05-12, 17:16
Nah, it's always the simple shit you overlook. I wouldn't know where to begin with a login server like this, but on my home network, I'd look at the firewall. From the look of things, the server is up and running, simply isn't able to communicate with the user database for some reason. (Hacker perhaps? Internal corruption? Hacker encrypted the DB? *shrug*) If it's a DB issue, I'd think it would be able to be moved or removed and rebuilt/copied into new file.

Biglines
07-05-12, 17:18
most likely it's the same problem as with the launcher, where they are somehow losing dns entries for their domains. Seeing as dns updates generally can take up to 24 hours to update depending on the location, it's something that's impossible to do quickly.

That said, if it's not dns, it's probably the fact that it's sunday. While a datacenter generally has 24/7 support, nc is probably hosted on a virtual server, which means a lot of the support has to be done by the owners.

firepayy
07-05-12, 17:25
most likely it's the same problem as with the launcher, where they are somehow losing dns entries for their domains. Seeing as dns updates generally can take up to 24 hours to update depending on the location, it's something that's impossible to do quickly.

That said, if it's not dns, it's probably the fact that it's sunday. While a datacenter generally has 24/7 support, nc is probably hosted on a virtual server, which means a lot of the support has to be done by the owners.

it was 24 hourd 15 hours ago :P

SirFerret
07-05-12, 18:04

Summat like that. There's something goofy goin on and I'm thinkin it's got somethin to do with that anti-hacker/cheat code they were workin on.

Biglines
07-05-12, 18:05
yes, but setting up everything on the weekend? I don't think the GM volunteers that have been talking and acting lately have the access to fix, so we have to rely on whatever is left of KK to fix things for us. Of course I would rather have it fixed instantly, or have some volunteer be able to do things like that, but this is one of the things that I personally feel are completely justified for a game that is run mostly on volunteers at the moment.

We might need more communication about the actual problems and whether people are actually working on it, but the fact that they don't have time to fix it right this moment is not that strange.

SirFerret
07-05-12, 18:07
yes, but setting up everything on the weekend? I don't think the GM volunteers that have been talking and acting lately have the access to fix, so we have to rely on whatever is left of KK to fix things for us. Of course I would rather have it fixed instantly, or have some volunteer be able to do things like that, but this is one of the things that I personally feel are completely justified for a game that is run mostly on volunteers at the moment.

We might need more communication about the actual problems and whether people are actually working on it, but the fact that they don't have time to fix it right this moment is not that strange.

Hrm, he has a point, even if it does rub me the wrong way. I'm still being patient, would just like a bit more information on what's happening. (Keep me informed and I'm a pretty docile fellow, though it would truly suck if it took a week to fix this mess.)

Tankjr
07-05-12, 18:33
please call me if it works 911^^ thanks

firepayy
07-05-12, 18:34
im not fully informed about the status of kk i only know what ive glanced over since i started to play again this last month but it sounds like kk have someone that would be more than willing to help them out and is obliviously able to cause didn't mr trip actually get a emulated server up or something. i understand why kk are pissed at him and rightly so but if i were kk and he was offering me help free i would accept it seems like he was trying to help neocron as a game.

(also i wouldn't wanna make an enemy who knows so much about the ins and outs of my game .. Polly better to get him on side than against it )

Tankjr
07-05-12, 18:38
im not fully informed about the status of kk i only know what ive glanced over since i started to play again this last month but it sounds like kk have someone that would be more than willing to help them out and is obliviously able to cause didn't mr trip actually get a emulated server up or something. i understand why kk are pissed at him and rightly so but if i were kk and he was offering me help free i would accept it seems like he was trying to help neocron as a game.

(also i wouldn't wanna make an enemy who knows so much about the ins and outs of my game .. Polly better to get him on side than against it )

agree, pls dont speak about that in those Times, .. i am pissed and miss the 4-5 Weeks enyoing that Projekt Server ..damn.

MrTrip
07-05-12, 18:46
im not fully informed about the status of kk i only know what ive glanced over since i started to play again this last month but it sounds like kk have someone that would be more than willing to help them out and is obliviously able to cause didn't mr trip actually get a emulated server up or something.

It wasn't emulated. And I'm very much so willing to help as is the GM staff but we are awaiting word from higher up. I'm still outside of that whole staff circle, but they are doing everything they can do at their level.

i understand why kk are pissed at him and rightly so but if i were kk and he was offering me help free i would accept it seems like he was trying to help neocron as a game.

Nobody ever said KK was pissed at me, in fact, I have had lots of talks with Kirk and things are going very well.

Absolutely no enemy here. I stated from the beginning the project I started was to fix the game and turn it over to KK cost free. Somebody said I was going to charge KK for their own game and that is where Kirk got upset. This was simply untrue, we were looking for fixes and preparing to submit them to KK. We love Neocron and don't want it to die.

agree, pls dont speak about that in those Times, .. i am pissed and miss the 4-5 Weeks enyoing that Projekt Server ..damn.

I miss it too tbh, if you miss it as do others, please show some support and lets get this game going again. I've emailed Kirk again about this and maybe I can get a shot at fixing whatever the problem might be.

Tankjr
07-05-12, 18:47
Nice one, Keep up the Good Work - bless :)

r2d22k
07-05-12, 20:11
Recruting someone into a team because they set up an inofficial server and let quite some people play on it to calm down the community is in my humble not the right way (no offense Mr. Trip). The recruitment should be on a much broader base, because there are quite some people around which have the skills and also the time to help. The most important point is that the people should be able to work in a team, because else the code/the server will become far more messed up than it is now. Afterwards select them by their amount of free time they can invenst and skill.

I am curious what the real problems with the login servers are, it can't be a simple crash, because that would normally not take that long to solve.

Chuck Norris
07-05-12, 20:20
We need neocrack weather from kirk or tripp share infos with the masses imo,

FREE THE NEOCRACK!

Biglines
07-05-12, 20:36
I am curious what the real problems with the login servers are, it can't be a simple crash, because that would normally not take that long to solve.
well they had to replace the launcher.neocron.com page with launcher.neocron.info before, my guess is they're either losing the neocron.com nameservers, or there's something wrong externally with those

Dark-Destroy
07-05-12, 20:36
I insist on my preachers full blend. No neocrack plz.

and...disciple powder.

zii
07-05-12, 21:19
... can take up to 24 hours to update depending on the location,...

Manage ones own DNS names and set the TTL to 30 mins. Then one can update propagate changes quite reasonably.

Drachenpaladin
07-05-12, 21:25
Maybe they got something for us coming, you know, like back then with the last patch. The one which they wanted to surprise us with and that backfired :D

MrTrip
07-05-12, 21:53
Recruting someone into a team because they set up an inofficial server and let quite some people play on it to calm down the community is in my humble not the right way (no offense Mr. Trip). The recruitment should be on a much broader base, because there are quite some people around which have the skills and also the time to help. The most important point is that the people should be able to work in a team, because else the code/the server will become far more messed up than it is now. Afterwards select them by their amount of free time they can invenst and skill.

I agree with you r2d22k, trust me I do. There are a lot more skilled people out there than me, but I will work for free. Those other people have mostly left.

nabbl
07-05-12, 22:10
I agree with you r2d22k, trust me I do. There are a lot more skilled people out there than me, but I will work for free. Those other people have mostly left.

r2d22k would work for free too I think. You could just ask him. I saw some work of him and I am really amazed.
He could do so much for this game. You just have to let him do it.

Mighty Max
07-05-12, 22:24
Well rather gone silent, then left for good ;-)

bryancs82
07-05-12, 22:27
no updates?? how bout a we will have it back up tues between 8am and friday

Zoltan
08-05-12, 00:28
no updates?? how bout a we will have it back up tues between 8am and friday

Sorry, no updates yet ;/

Biglines
08-05-12, 00:48
Sorry, no updates yet ;/
can you at least tell us what's wrong with it? or who/what you are waiting for?

MrTrip
08-05-12, 01:42
lol its online...first online, only one online o_O