PDA

View Full Version : Returning Veteran Thread

Drevious
17-04-12, 18:10
Well once they fix the launcher i think i will join back in on the fun, perhaps do some wasteland hunting lol.

Skojax/Drevious/Postagirl/Thizzell Washington

Who else is active in game?

enigma_b17
17-04-12, 18:11
Well depends how you define active...
i'm "around" some days, Brammers seems to be there all the time

Couple of other names I recognise aswell

aKe`cj
17-04-12, 19:08

I see many old faces pop up on terra - not like people are as active as it used to be, but it seems quite few have recently picked up their neocrack again.

Guess I might do a kill_self on one of my chars too and hunt some rats again ... :cool:

Brammers
17-04-12, 21:44

All the time? LOL I wish! :)

Got a couple of noob characters on the go at the moment, but yes I'm still about!

MrTrip
17-04-12, 21:52
I'm occasionally being a noob in p1 on Tide Bleach Alternative

Drevious
17-04-12, 22:42
I failed to get the game going without launcher but i think its cause i never got a chance to patch it yet

Drevious
17-04-12, 22:51
Anyone remember that short singleplayer neocron "demo" kind of thing they had? Its not Neocron Arcade it was before that.

think i found it i spoke way to soon lol :angel:

http://www.fileplanet.com/110059/110000/fileinfo/Neocron-Offline-Demo-Tutorial-v1.01

Biglines
17-04-12, 22:52
it's in the client, it's when u make a char, u can play the tutorial.

Kanedax
18-04-12, 01:53
I've been poking in every day seeing if things are going on. Unfortunately I probably miss all the good stuff due to impatience and being 5-6 hours behind most of you dick hea-......I mean esteemed colleagues.

Drevious
18-04-12, 02:21
Offline demo sucks BALLS btw it has crashed or froze everytime i try it so far cant even complete it. Plz fix updater so i can get ig

Biglines
18-04-12, 02:45
u could try getting manually getting the patches from ftp://ftp.neocron.com/nc2retail/ (put them in the neocron2 folder, in a folder patches), maybe they will update without checking online.

flib
18-04-12, 03:03
I think neocron.org or something has the fully patched game available for download.

Drevious
18-04-12, 03:05
I think neocron.org or something has the fully patched game available for download.

ill try this, the other link i would have had to click to many times lol :lol:

Kanedax
18-04-12, 07:40
I think lemonparty.org or something has the fully patched game available for download.

lol wut?

Xephonas
18-04-12, 09:42
Not that I was ever a well known player but I've returned recently after playing this game on and off since '02. Always kept an eye on the forums and with all the matters going on with KK and the prospect of NC:R I had to log back in, even if just to kill fire mobs and collect unresseds.

Strife
18-04-12, 10:14
Did they keep warbot tech part drop rate nerfed to oblivion?

enigma_b17
18-04-12, 10:28
yep...think the tech part drop is nerfed in general.
TBH while the server pops are so low I think they need to up it :)

Drachenpaladin
18-04-12, 12:24
yep...think the tech part drop is nerfed in general.
TBH while the server pops are so low I think they need to up it :)

Grims are the new Copbots. Grant, CRP and so on.

Dribble Joy
18-04-12, 13:55
Techs are not an issue. I get get bucket loads soloing fire mobs.
WBs could do with a boost, but we certainly don't need a return to the regant era.

Chuck Norris
18-04-12, 21:27
Techs are not an issue. I get get bucket loads soloing fire mobs.
WBs could do with a boost, but we certainly don't need a return to the regant era.

I think we do, I miss 3 techs per mob especially since almost half the rare pool is worthless, be it pistols melee weapons or shit cpus

flib
18-04-12, 23:03
I'd be happy if Warbots always dropped techs, rather than just sometimes; and Titans should drop 2.

Hippieman
19-04-12, 00:55
Been playing a bit lately and starting from scratch. Never did fix that random autofire problem from a couple or so years back. Still a helluva lot better then a metric ton of FREs everywhere. Population still kinda sucks though, least for late night West Coast on Terra.

Drevious
19-04-12, 10:39
once they fix launcher ill b starting a PE from scratch...pm if u wna lvl together

Zorky
19-04-12, 13:24
I'm returning also they found my old account awesome support here still after all these years :D So where do I start where do you guys hang out and stuff ?

I used the workaround of the launcher and was able to join in game.

Dribble Joy
19-04-12, 13:31
P1 is the main zone for trading and stuff.

Chuck Norris
19-04-12, 13:58
if your clients patched you can just run client.exe

Noah
19-04-12, 14:14
I'm also back in game (for a month now) after years. But only playing new chars.

if your clients patched you can just run client.exe
My client is patched to 174 (I was playing the evening before the launcher issue), but editing updater.ini and setting it as read-only didn't solve the pb for me (client.exe fails with a connection to server error message) // Win7 x64, no firewall, no special router config ever needed.

james_finn
19-04-12, 15:28
I'm also back in game (for a month now) after years. But only playing new chars.

My client is patched to 174 (I was playing the evening before the launcher issue), but editing updater.ini and setting it as read-only didn't solve the pb for me (client.exe fails with a connection to server error message) // Win7 x64, no firewall, no special router config ever needed.

Run the launcher then see whats in the ini file (post here if you like) it does sound like either the file isn't read-only or the IP you put in for the server isn't the same as the one posted.

Noah
19-04-12, 16:40
Run the launcher then see whats in the ini file (post here if you like) it does sound like either the file isn't read-only or the IP you put in for the server isn't the same as the one posted.
The launcher takes forever to show up, then displays a blank page, no servers in the drop down list.
A click on "Play Neocron 2" shows the AutoUpdater popup and hangs forever (pic here: http://pic.twitter.com/XUAILkov).
The content of the file updater.ini remains the same as edited according to: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=145151 with IP 107.6.20.172. and the file is definitely read-only (checkbox checked in file properties).

Howler
19-04-12, 17:32
If your using windows 7 dont forget to run the game as administrator by right clicking on the icon or it does not seem to run just brings up an error message.

Also I had to move the ini file then edit it then move it back. It would not let me do t otherwise.

MadMeleeFreak
19-04-12, 17:59
If your using windows 7 dont forget to run the game as administrator by right clicking on the icon or it does not seem to run just brings up an error message.

Also I had to move the ini file then edit it then move it back. It would not let me do t otherwise.

On Windows 7 it's best to run in compatibility mode for WinXP otherwise you're likely to not hear any background music played.

J J
19-04-12, 18:08
Been hankering for the good old days of NC after becoming increasingly disappointed by SWTOR... Haven't played in years and years, used to be active in Underworld and then After Dark, what's the population like prime time these days? Am longing for a decent OP fight again...

Noah
19-04-12, 19:01
I didn't have run problem or any execution error, but still, I followed your advice and I have set up both the launcher and client.exe to run as admin.

You can also just grant yourself the 'write' right (file properties > security tab) on the file, edit it, and remove yourself the right again.

On Windows 7 it's best to run in compatibility mode for WinXP otherwise you're likely to not hear any background music played.
Thanks for the tip: I had been playing for a month without music without understanding why it had disappeared (thought about DRM or smth). I did activate Win XP compatibility mode on both launcher and client exe as you suggested.

To sum up:
With both those settings: run as admin + Win XP compatibility mode on both the launcher and client exe (and of course the updated.ini edition + read-only) it worked! (and got the sound back!)
Happy!

See you in game dudes!

Descent
20-04-12, 22:09
Been a very long time since I've been here, took me about a week to even gain the ability to post here again.

So guise, where can I download the client again... I've tried from the old ways and I can get about 66% of the package.

Biglines
20-04-12, 23:57
http://www.techhaven.org/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,132/task,cat_view/gid,71/ << think that one is patched and ready.

penas
21-04-12, 00:35
http://www.techhaven.org/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,132/task,cat_view/gid,71/ << think that one is patched and ready.

Nope it isnt biglines.

If needs be. I can work with brammers and try and get a patched client up if they still havnt fixed the launcher.

james_finn
21-04-12, 01:12
Nope it isnt biglines.

If needs be. I can work with brammers and try and get a patched client up if they still havnt fixed the launcher.

If you need the patches and the launcher isn't downloading them, then you can get them through the ftp site:

ftp://ftp.neocron.com/nc2retail/

Brammers
21-04-12, 03:39

As Penas say's, it's not. It's the installer version, which needs a few patches before you can play.

Drevious
22-04-12, 07:10
Seems there launcher update didn't fix or change anything. After awhile I will give up waiting and trying and just forget about this

enigma_b17
23-04-12, 11:00
Ah it was fun for a few days, I was glad to return to NC and get some of my chars sorted out, however no-one ever on, insane exp required.

I think I'll hang around, but I am hoping that NC is just completely re-worked from the ground up, new graphics engine, new balancing, new maps, i can dream! :)

SirFerret
06-05-12, 16:57
I'm back... Farren Marr / Feldan. I even broke down and finally made a droner and a dedicated constructor. :cool: Keedar and Fridmarr, though neither are capped at present. :mad:

Drevious
19-05-12, 05:07
If you need the patches and the launcher isn't downloading them, then you can get them through the ftp site:

ftp://ftp.neocron.com/nc2retail/

broken link