PDA

View Full Version : Now that there's freedom to play with NC, here's some ideas

Jaeon
15-04-12, 16:32
Lately i've been hearing people ingame asking why are mobs that are a bit out of place - and we've all seen the new NPC's around NC city - nice touch btw.

This reminded me that some simple stuff could be done just as a refreshment.

For example:

- Change the graffities! if it's just a matter of retexturing - change it up. Messages like: Change is coming, the end is nigh, RIP Reakktor, all ur base are belong to us - u get the picture.

- Mix it up a bit - Take the most popular dungeons like Regants, Chaos Caves, El Farid, Swamp Caves, Crystal Caves and add more mobs, or up the levels, or put NPC's there that will buy some of the loot or give u a trophy once u complete X kills of a mob.

- Add some WOC stuff - PPU's still need that WOC spell and armor. Dare i say add a WOC+5 piece of armor for each class? Like an uber belt? ;D

- Add a new low level and high level dungeon - just copy one of the existing, but put new mobs there with a boss that drops loot.

Just adding some fuel to the fire here :)

-

Biglines
15-04-12, 17:04
while I agree, you have to realize that while the npc's are GM spawned, and GM spawn events have happened almost every 1 or 2 days the last few weeks, retexturing and adding respawning mobs afaik requires a patch and a developer.

Though tbh, if you work out the actual things you would like changed, maybe the task of a developer would be easier, so proposing even things that require a developer (not sure how many there are left, if any) might be good.

I for one would love to see some kind of cave that spawns the cave spider queen (but be very difficult).

flib
15-04-12, 18:32
Didn't they introduce some kind of system for setting up this kind of stuff in one of the later patches?
I believe they used it for some quest that was in the pepper park with a bunch of mutants in it and people used it for power leveling with aoe.

Jaeon
15-04-12, 18:53
In light of recent events, (and i say this without irony) it seems there are some eager players / fans that wouldn't mind to help out in mixing things up a bit.

If people are willing to help and contribute with their knowledge, that should count for something right?

And i'm not volunteering - well not right now at least lol.

But i know some of you guys do and have - obvious and recent examples like Brammers and Mr.Trip, and all others that contributed to this game with ideas, game balancing and more along these years.

It's Kirk's house and he let us play around in it for free the last few years. But clearly it needs remodeling and if we as a community have good ideas (like installing a security system) and can help out, why not use that? right?

Dribble Joy
15-04-12, 19:06
Didn't they introduce some kind of system for setting up this kind of stuff in one of the later patches?
The dynamic quest/zone system. It allows runs to be added without patches. There was a quest competition, with several runs placed around the whole NC world, don't think they are there any more though.

Model192
16-04-12, 05:33
In light of recent events, (and i say this without irony) it seems there are some eager players / fans that wouldn't mind to help out in mixing things up a bit.

If people are willing to help and contribute with their knowledge, that should count for something right?

And i'm not volunteering - well not right now at least lol.

But i know some of you guys do and have - obvious and recent examples like Brammers and Mr.Trip, and all others that contributed to this game with ideas, game balancing and more along these years.

It's Kirk's house and he let us play around in it for free the last few years. But clearly it needs remodeling and if we as a community have good ideas (like installing a security system) and can help out, why not use that? right?

Truth is artists, designers, and coders have been volunteering for a while. Kirk, however, makes it very clear that he doesn't care about Neocron by ignoring the numerous times he's been contacted by all of them for free help.

His pride > Neocron?

MrTrip
16-04-12, 06:06
Truth is artists, designers, and coders have been volunteering for a while. Kirk, however, makes it very clear that he doesn't care about Neocron by ignoring the numerous times he's been contacted by all of them for free help.

His pride > Neocron?

Simply untrue. All I'm going to say.

enigma_b17
16-04-12, 09:43
Well I have no input into what Kirk and KK etc to so staying out of that argument... :)

Anyway, I think in the short term, especially with the low low populations, boost exp, make mc5/ceres easier so that smaller teams can do it.

I have to say the events are a good start, although I will say that the 2 people spamming the event on the help channel last night did give off the impression that they were trying to gank people in p2 as opposed to an actual event, but c'est la vie.

Anyway, I've been away from NC for a long-o-long-o time, and the biggest turn off for me when I tried it again was the absolute eternity it takes to gain exp, especially since my main char is a ppu, who has more or less no chance of getting those woc items, especially given the non-existant player base.

Just my 2 cents anyway, im sure someone will agree/disagree.

Strife
16-04-12, 14:48
Aww shiiiit, there's about to be a brodown.

Danae
16-04-12, 16:08
This statement is patently false. The has never been the case, no matter who our CEO has been. In fact, do you know how many employees started as fans and volunteers? Seriously? Not to mention we have some the best volunteer staff we've ever had; Programmers/writers/support experts/tech experts who are all chomping at the bit waiting for Kirk's approval and say to move forward.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. He has a life, a family, and a business(es), he doesn't just sit and wait for his inbox to ding.

His pride > Neocron?

enigma_b17
16-04-12, 16:24
Can we get back on topic now we've sorted that out? :)
Not that I don't enjoy Danae's pink avatar appearing.

Dribble Joy
16-04-12, 17:55
waiting for Kirk's approval and say to move forward.
Precisely.
Reakktor was previously tied up with BP and was unable to work on NC inside work hours, Reakktor is no more so nothing else can happen until there's actually a business and a plan in place, so aside from the events team
doing stuff, not much else can be done at the moment.

Model192
16-04-12, 19:06

So the numerous posts about people PMing him to work on Neocron mean nothing? All the people bitching about Kirk not answering while he was still posting to forums?

And you mean to tell me all the times you were bitching on AIM that the people trying to help felt like pariahs, that kirk didn't care, and that he never answered your multiple PMs all the while he was posting to forums was a lie?

So, did you fabricate your entire story and just plain lie, lie by omission, lie by exaggeration, or have you suddenly turned crusader for all that is good and kirk?

And for the love of god Danae. You can't play the "don't know shit" card then play the "I know everything" card. Not to mention the long series of jokes since your "volunteering".

I really like when games go downhill, you really seem to get this wonderful boys club and true mob mentality.

Guess we'll see what happens. Time to disappear for another year and watch that nothing has been done.

MrTrip
16-04-12, 19:15
Good lord calm down. I tried to talk to you on AIM last night. Get on.

CrushOr
16-04-12, 19:27
I cant believe people still use AIM...

MrTrip
16-04-12, 19:28
I cant believe people still use AIM...

Me either haha I barely login to it. I had it on Digsby

flib
16-04-12, 23:10
Guess we'll see what happens. Time to disappear for another year and watch that nothing has been done.
..and nothing of value was lost.