PDA

View Full Version : Another Great example of Crowdfunding (and something that got me excited )

Doc Holliday
05-04-12, 07:43
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-04-shadowrun-sequel-gets-kickstarter-treatment

a sequel to an absolute classic of a game ( i have the original and an emulator on my PC if anyone fancies a bash ) and an MMO as well. Interesting times. I might donate.

I will of course give double towards a new NC. :)

Biglines
05-04-12, 13:38
hehe, from all the comments about how awesome shadowrun was supposed to be, I'll have to get into that one.

Direct link to kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns

William Antrim
05-04-12, 16:10
Play both versions Biggy (megadrive and Snes) - they give you a slightly different feel in each as its not the same game exactly but two unique interpretations of a world which rocks. I personally hoped for something akin to these when I first picked up the beloved game of Neocron.

Just read the article.

It said that Kickstarter campaign is looking for $400,000... not really an awful lot of money for a classic like this. Admittedly its not going to be as indepth as NC Reloaded will be as it doesnt look like a 3d shooter. However Shadowrun online.... That would be some serious competition for NC.

There are people out there who want these types of games, it shows that by the $50k they raised already.

We need to get some advertising done here for this game i think.

A word from our beloved leader wouldnt go amiss at this point?

MadMeleeFreak
05-04-12, 16:34
... it shows that by the $50k they raised already....

Hmm the kickstarter page says they already got $386K of the $400k needed.

William Antrim
05-04-12, 16:36
So it works then. I didnt check the kickstarter page i will be honest.

Garfield
05-04-12, 16:47
another example...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc&feature=player_embedded uhh damn krauts :D

well its a movie but hey it worked out great

Geist-[uTw]-
05-04-12, 17:20
Maybe the NC owner could use kickstarter to fund the new patch with his anti-cheating campaign + the new content. NC3/R-whatever is far away.

Assuming that the NC developers are still willing to work for NC after Reakktor's downfall.

CMaster
05-04-12, 17:40
ShadowRun is pretty much the pen and paper cyberpunk game. The video games you mention aren't the "original" per se, but rather the attempts to computerize the rule set and setting.

However, Shadowrun is an awfully big name (even if some, like myself, think all the fantasy stuff that gets thrown in rather dilutes the cyberpunk edge). Just because it can get all that money, doesn't mean that the much less known (and much, much less fondly remembered) Neocron can.

Biglines
05-04-12, 19:12
Play both versions Biggy (megadrive and Snes)
dont have a megadrive and the snes version is fucking expensive! (cheapest 40 euros and thats prolly german...)

Doc Holliday
06-04-12, 06:49
dont have a megadrive and the snes version is fucking expensive! (cheapest 40 euros and thats prolly german...)

Emulator? Download it.

hatmankh
06-04-12, 06:51
Emulator? Download it.
Yes, come to the dark side :angel:

William Antrim
06-04-12, 14:04
Yes I realise that Shadowrun ran before the likes of AD+D and even Rogue Trader in the mid to late 80s but I assumed that Biggy (like myself) has a shortage of foul-smelling, long-haired, acne-riddled 16 yr old mates who still wear atari tshirts to play with.

To that end he is gonna need the computer games to gain an insight into what Shadowrun is like.

Emulators are the best way to do this.

Give yourself to the dark side.

20 Nuyen, you're gonna need this.

Biglines
06-04-12, 14:31
meh, I prefer to play those kinds of classics on consoles. Hate the look of emulators. (I have a snes, n64, wii, Commodore 64 for that reason, authenticity!)

weird though that if it's so popular, why wasn't it released on the wii emulator?

hatmankh
06-04-12, 18:58
meh, I prefer to play those kinds of classics on consoles. Hate the look of emulators. (I have a snes, n64, wii, Commodore 64 for that reason, authenticity!)

weird though that if it's so popular, why wasn't it released on the wii emulator?

I have a usb controller and my tv is also a monitor, when I feel like playing a console game, I just fire up one of my emulators, turn my monitor around to face my bed and its no different to playing on a real console. :D

With a PS2 emulator you can even "hack" the game's graphics and make it look noticably better than the regular game.

By the way what do you mean "the look of emulators"? All the emulators I've tried can display the game exactly how it looks on the console, if you mean the emulator's interface, well thats what fullscreen is for.

Biglines
06-04-12, 20:54
dunno exactly what the difference is, but games look really different on my snes/tv vs an emulator/hd screen. (and I have no analogue tv out on my pc)

also i haven't downloaded a game in a very very long time, no point in starting now imho.

William Antrim
07-04-12, 14:44
It looks different because you're looking at the screen through an adult's eyes now not an enraptured 10 year old with his little box of magic.

Biglines
07-04-12, 15:11
hehe, actually I was comparing them side by side :p though you have a point, donkey kong country used to look incredible, while now it looks way worse than games like street fighter, zelda link to the past or mario

Chuck Norris
07-04-12, 16:44
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns

:O)
!!

Doc Holliday
16-04-12, 11:15
Related to the OP

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-16-call-of-duty-police-warfare-fan-made-pitch-becomes-kickstarter

OMG! been waiting for a concept like this since forever and the reason i followed APB for so long till it came out. This sounds AWESOME!

Biglines
16-04-12, 12:28
looks like a cool game

edit: hmm, it looks like it's gonna be a f2p game, but the first reward tier is just "a digital download of the game", and access to the beta?

evs
16-04-12, 13:06
kickstarter is brilliant - gave money to both Shadowrun and Wasteland 2

If NC was on there I would also donate!

Doc Holliday
16-04-12, 19:31
we hope it will evs.

Biggy. i dunno about f2p but the concept is something i been waiting a long time for.