PDA

View Full Version : Is Neocron Finally Being Sorted Out?

Ashley003
05-03-12, 22:29
Heya all, this question struck me today as I was browsing the forums. With the recently declared insolvency it seems that both the forums and the game is getting busier and busier, not only this but we finally have answers from Kirk, new mods and in game issues being solved by GMs. So, what do you all think? Do you think that Neocron is finally being pulled back together and getting sorted out, or perhaps that it's only getting worse?

Fuzzy Wuzzy
05-03-12, 22:56
Yes and No

Kirk, and the rest of the KK team have been more active recently, which is very nice. There are at least 2 new gms around.

Ingame, the gms seem, semi-active, which is a lot better then before.. The current gms I keep seeing are: Scanline (new? on a decent amount), Thanos (Skymir). I have spoken with both a few times, about hosting an event, or just in general. It seems through conversation that Scanline is not Jord (so assuming jord is still in training) meaning there will be at least 3 active gms.

The community is slightly going up in population, but not by a large amount, atleast not yet, trying to talk some old friends into playing again, which I feel everyone should be doing... If we all get 2-3 people to come back, that is 9-10% at peak instead of 3-4...

As for the game itself, it is going to be a while before a new patch is released I would assume, with kk being in insolvency, the only way a patch will get worked on is in spare time, and without pay most likely? Not complaining, just that seems like how it will be...

The future of neocron, based on kk going into 2 insolvencies will probably be a little rocky, their best bet to get a neocron 3 going will be through a funding company.. Kickstarter would be AMAZING if they look past the 2 insolvencies (think kirk mentioned them in 1 of his posts, basically it is a company that funds for projects, through donations, they usually do a great job...)

But all and all, KK are doing their best, and it seems the community is more behind them then ever... 6 months ago, did you ever think you would see that "pro kirk" sig, or the save reakktor one?

The game is long from dead, and might be on the road to recovery, KK and the community just need to take it 1 step at a time....

Dribble Joy
06-03-12, 01:32
Let's not forget that the first insolvency (which is not the same as bankruptcy) was 10Tacle, not KK, even though KK was a daughter company. This current situation might also be related to the break-up between KK and gamigo. KK might otherwise be a completely viable company caught in circumstances outside it's control, which may make it easier for them to acquire funding.

daughterolilith
06-03-12, 10:41
facebook.com/Save.Reakktor

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=144971

:)