PDA

View Full Version : Reakktor to Declare Second Insolvency

Danae
19-02-12, 03:55
As per this post by CEO Kirk Lenke:

http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2179026&postcount=8

Hi Everybody,

you all haven't been forgotten. And I have to excuse, even if you may don't believe me anymore.

The months since end of September have been partly hell on earth for the team. And it all ended in declaring insolvency last Wednesday for Reakktor (again).

I wanted to inform you before (!) you hear/read it somewhere else.

Neocrons "future" is save so far as it exits in the current state. But there will be more news and I will get back to you as soon as we arranged important things.

I hope I can provide more infos already Monday/Tuesday.

If there are more questions I would be glad if they could be added above.

And yes, I am not happy but I am positive regarding the future.

Thanks for now

Kirk

MrTrip
19-02-12, 13:09
....Crap?

Neocrons "future" is save so far as it exits in the current state. But there will be more news and I will get back to you as soon as we arranged important things.

What does "so far as it exits in the current state" mean? Did he mean Exists?

Brammers
19-02-12, 17:19
Crap indeed. :(

I know a lot of us are pissed off with the lack of communications, but lets put that aside for now. This is sadly another difficult time for KK.

Hope it all gets sorted out smoothly and quickly for everyone.

Powerpunsh
19-02-12, 18:08
I hope you will find back to the roots quick.

dodgefahrer
19-02-12, 18:29
Realy bad news afaik...hopefully you`ll get it sorted in a good way for every1.

DIABLO666
19-02-12, 23:46
I just don't get it... KK keep coming up with awesome ideas for games then all this crap keeps on happening. As far as I'm concerned black prophecy and neocron are about THE best MMOs about and yet they handle them so badly and hardly get any players.

Either KK is going to disappear completely soon or they will finally work out what they keep doing wrong and become the biggest best game developers in the world.. I hope its the latter

-FN-
20-02-12, 07:27
Shocker...

Riddle
20-02-12, 19:38
I miss the blue FN :) but not as much as I'd miss NC!!! In any form : D

daughterolilith
23-02-12, 19:05
*hugs all*

[K1]Luke
24-02-12, 00:53
....Crap?

What does "so far as it exits in the current state" mean? Did he mean Exists?

I'm presuming (hoping) he meant 'Neocrons future is SAFE so far as it exists in it's current state'

SnAkE_BE
28-02-12, 17:35
[ edited ]

Cadgar
28-02-12, 18:29
[ edited ]

^this

MrTrip
28-02-12, 22:08
Luke']I'm presuming (hoping) he meant 'Neocrons future is SAFE so far as it exists in it's current state'

Wait, never mind, ninja edit, I see what you were quoting.

SnAkE_BE
29-02-12, 03:09
[ edited ]

why did you edit my comment it is nothing but the truth, y u censoring my opinion.

NC was doomed from the day nc2 came out Bring back nc1 and we will all come back for sure

Biglines
29-02-12, 03:20
here's a very simple thing you can do if you believe nc is doomed. Leave. Go away. Never come back. That way, to you, it is indeed dead! problem solved for you. Absolutely no reason to come on here and troll about it.

SnAkE_BE
29-02-12, 03:30
i'm not trolling i just want nc1 back :)

flib
29-02-12, 04:40
i'm not trolling i just want nc1 back :)
NC1 is gone forever. You should stop living in the past, but that's your choice.

SnAkE_BE
29-02-12, 04:45
sadly, i realised that

Chuck Norris
29-02-12, 10:20
I wanted NC1 back, until I took an arrow to the knee... this isnt America its not about freedom of speech, if your opinions lay outside their vision ("whoevers in charge") and it will simply be deleted

Kamuix99
29-02-12, 17:42
Even in America people still have to follow Forum- and house-rules.

William Antrim
29-02-12, 18:41
Even in America people still have to follow Forum- and house-rules.

2nded.

Trivaldi
29-02-12, 20:14
Back on topic , please. As always we welcome well presented and constructive criticism, however I can't stand by and leave direct attacks at the business in the forum.

Mc.Neill
08-03-12, 21:56
What about raising a fund ?
Save KK.

Solanox
09-03-12, 08:00
I believe NC:Reloaded was to be a kind of merging of all the best parts of NC1 and NC2, for a somewhat fresh take on the game without needing to make a completely new Neocron from scratch. Does this insolvency mean that's on hold now, or is that project proceeding forward?

psychowar
09-03-12, 09:32
NC:R is still not financed. In case Reakktor doesnt survive the insolvency Nukklear comes into play.

NC:R is still not under development as far as I understood Kirk correctly. (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2180440&postcount=106)

UND WICHTIG: auch ein Neocron:reloaded ist noch nicht - ich wiederhole - nicht finanziert!

"IMPORTANT: also a Neocron:reloaded is still not - I repeat - still not financed!"

Solanox
09-03-12, 12:24
Wow, I just ran that page through google translate, and it absolutely butchers the language. x_X

Biglines
09-03-12, 13:14
For those interested, a quick translation, remember neither english nor german is my native language, so I might have made some mistakes along the way, or phrased something unhappily. Also I tried to still close to the original wordchoice.

No, neocron most definitely didn't cost 14 million dollars in development and running of the game.

You have to realize that the company and neocron over time have had many different owners. Though companies that burn up pretty quickly.

From the money (big: from nc I take it) nothing was used in BP. BP was/is a game that was financed by a fund and was produced by KK as a job.

AND VERY IMPORTANT: Also a neocron:reloaded is not - I repeat - not financed yet.

It is currently the plan, the <german expression probably meaning something like a planned route>.

And I also read something about having to fight for reakktor and not put up a new company.

Nukklear has been planned for years, although originally with a different purpose.

Still important is SAVE REAKKTOR! Save the cheerleader!

Greetings
Kirk

Drachenpaladin
09-03-12, 13:17
For those interested, a quick translation, remember neither english nor german is my native language, so I might have made some mistakes along the way, or phrased something unhappily. Also I tried to still close to the original wordchoice.
Works. :)

flib
09-03-12, 16:10
I honestly couldn't tell that English isn't your native language. :O

Thanks for the translation!

Biglines
09-03-12, 16:32
I honestly couldn't tell that English isn't your native language. :O

Thanks for the translation!
hehe good thing the one thing you quoted contained a bad typo then right? :p

(still should have been stay)

But thanks, I'm dutch so both English and German are taught in school, though I had a lot of experience outside of school with both. (french is also taugh, but don't ask me to speak french :p)

*Dazz*
10-03-12, 00:50
Still important is SAVE REAKKTOR! Save the cheerleader!

Greetings
Kirk

Save the cheerleader....save the world

Model192
16-03-12, 19:07
If only Kirk would have gone to free2play/pay4charslots/pay4apartments with Neocron, and perhaps thrown it up on steam or got it on some websites we wouldn't be going through all this bullshit.

Apocalypsox
31-03-12, 21:45
Steam might have been a good hit, but after watching Fallen Earth, you really really have to be prepared for the hit you'll get when you release something on steam. The populations that would show up if they released on steam would be quite litterally multiples of what populations were in NC1.

And in NC1, I remember pretty consistent 500 people minimum per server online. All the time.

Up that to probably at least 2,000 per server on all the time, and you have a steam release. Not counting the initial shock loads and such.

Dribble Joy
31-03-12, 22:16
Indeed, the game world isn't big enough for that amount of people. You'd have to make like... 10 new servers.

ToxiN
31-03-12, 22:35
I think NC City is big enough for more than 5000 users, the City got so much places where nobody is.

Apocalypsox
31-03-12, 23:07
I'm not worried about the size of the world, I can kill a swath through people in my way as well as anyone :lol: . Just the server load.

That may seriously be something to think about though. Maybe set up a shop for special clothes, and maybe unique PAs that provide the same benefits, but look a lot cooler. I don't approve of cashshop advantages in terms of combat, but there are lots of things you could sell to people. Once a cash shop system is set up, a release on steam could very well solve Reakktors money problems for a good while. Long enough to get some good coders and artists back to work making new content and improving whats there.

the biggest thing that changed the game for me was when monks got nerfed to the point where you had to decide if you were going to be APU or PPU. Hybrids provided such a great middleground. Hybrids were like the PE of monks.

glad to see you still kicking around, Mr. Drib.

Doc Holliday
01-04-12, 05:48
Lol. Hybrids. There was a dqmn good reason for
the nerf

Apocalypsox
01-04-12, 07:13
Yeah, but they were fun to playyyyyy.

And thats coming from a guy who never PVP'd with his hybrid. Hell, I never PVP'd at all back then. More so fell over and spent 5 minutes trying to decide which genrep to go back to that had the least likelihood of getting me ganked.

SnAkE_BE
02-04-12, 06:28
Apocalypsox is still alive! you are one of the nc ppl i rember ! :)

f#*k what he said what i'm saying is better:

afk2p
14-04-12, 01:16
19-02-12
I hope I can provide more infos already Monday/Tuesday.

Kirk
Four weeks later, more infos yet?

MadMeleeFreak
14-04-12, 01:35
19-02-12

Yes and no: Definetly a lot of new things turned up after 19-02-12 (Nukklear, NC:R, Kickstarter Idea). Though after the unthinkable became reality on 31-03-12 (namely Reakktor could not be saved) there are no news since then, which is quite understandable taking the situation in regard.

Still the servers are up and running, an able and willing volunteer team of GMs is actually running events again on terra. A lot of us forum lurkers are quite literally just waiting for Kirk to say the word to donate if the Kickstarter plans get real.

Well I should have given you enough things to use in the search function. Or quite easily just look up Kirks posts after 19-02-12 to get informed.

Oxygen
14-04-12, 13:20
19-02-12

I think Reakktor isn't anymore, therefore no employees left. The new company maybe must start from nothing, but i'm surprised Neocron is still a trademark from CDV AG.

gstyle40
22-04-12, 16:22
Yeah, but they were fun to playyyyyy.

And thats coming from a guy who never PVP'd with his hybrid. Hell, I never PVP'd at all back then. More so fell over and spent 5 minutes trying to decide which genrep to go back to that had the least likelihood of getting me ganked.

U were better off leaving the pvp to me and pantho my friend :cool:

Mighty Max
22-04-12, 16:45
I think Reakktor isn't anymore, therefore no employees left. The new company maybe must start from nothing, but i'm surprised Neocron is still a trademark from CDV AG.

It isn't

Neocron, DE: Schutzendedatum VED 30.09.2011
Neocron, EM: Ablaufdatum VED 19.09.2011

Meaning that the protection of the trademark has run out in 09/2011.
(Note: Trademark protection/loss of it, does not supersede copyrights)

But the actual value of Neocron lies within the expierience for KK, the small but highly solid fanbase and a lot nostalgica and memories.

Apocalypsox
26-04-12, 03:28
U were better off leaving the pvp to me and pantho my friend :cool:

Hey, I was good at inconveniently timed kami drones! :lol: