PDA

View Full Version : Need a GM please =(

MrTrip
10-02-12, 05:27
Hey, Danae or whoever is doing in game tickets, for cereal, can I get some assistance here? I wanna WoC but the epic is broken and I'm frowning, hard.

Biglines
10-02-12, 13:15
blackivory afaik is the only ingame gm left, and afaik she mostly only reacts to ingame tickets.

Tharos
10-02-12, 13:53
The GMs are still active. Please create an official ingame ticket (no PM).

Biglines
10-02-12, 14:38
hehe, sorry, but it amuses me that the person posting that the GM's are active is someone I haven't seen in the past 4 years :D

(Not poking fun at you or saying you aren't active behind the scenes, just genuinely amusing)

Genji
10-02-12, 17:18
hehe, sorry, but it amuses me that the person posting that the GM's are active is someone I haven't seen in the past 4 years :D

(Not poking fun at you or saying you aren't active behind the scenes, just genuinely amusing)

omg person that I dont remember ever seeing before, you should totally ban him for talking about you like this! With the added bonus of being able to point and laugh at him and call him names like Banlines!
:D

Trivaldi
10-02-12, 20:09
You can find plenty of Skymir's work on the German boards ;) but we all chip in where ever possible these days.

MrTrip
10-02-12, 20:40
Point is, I've had an in game ticket open for awhile now. Still waiting.

BlackIvory
10-02-12, 23:20
Point is, I've had an in game ticket open for awhile now. Still waiting.
two tickets from 10th february, one from the morning, one evening.
Are you the one with Heff? He is still in the canyon, maybe a look around the next corners could help, but I spawned him at the usual place..
Or you are the one with the warbot? Since techhave.org wrote in the walkthrough that you need a GM to spawn nobody try it first, but everytime I test it the WB spawns without any problems - how could this be?

btw today is the 11th february evening..

Biglines
10-02-12, 23:27
Since techhave.org wrote in the walkthrough that you need a GM to spawn nobody try it first, but everytime I test it the WB spawns without any problems - how could this be?
I've done that mission about 5 times, it spawned as it should only twice

BlackIvory
10-02-12, 23:44
I've done that mission about 5 times, it spawned as it should only twice
and I talked x-times with players (I stopped counting), they told me they read the walkthrough and the noticed and never try it - you understand my frustration?
Yes, sometimes the spawn don't work, then I help. But in fact I don't really believe that most player tried it before they write a ticket. Even when you find a post like this ...

:(

Biglines
11-02-12, 00:21
and I talked x-times with players (I stopped counting), they told me they read the walkthrough and the noticed and never try it - you understand my frustration?
Yes, sometimes the spawn don't work, then I help. But in fact I don't really believe that most player tried it before they write a ticket. Even when you find a post like this ...

:(
hmm, I've always tried, usually even on multiple chars before posting a ticket. It might have even be me though who wrote that guide or at least that part. Around that time I was writing most of the guides, or porting them from the old article to the new.

Brammers
11-02-12, 04:07
Are you the one with Heff? He is still in the canyon, maybe a look around the next corners could help, but I spawned him at the usual place..
Or you are the one with the warbot? Since techhave.org wrote in the walkthrough that you need a GM to spawn nobody try it first, but everytime I test it the WB spawns without any problems - how could this be?

If the walkthrough is wrong, give me a link here, so I can make sure it's corrected.

Reading the topic, I'm confused here. You running the TG epic?

BlackIvory
11-02-12, 13:58
Brammers, your walkthroughs are fine.
But if you write some sorts of hint like: "sometimes there is a problem, then please contact a GM", many player read: "there is a problem, contact a GM" or avoid to test it if they have the problem too and contact direct.

In fact when I think about this problem I can't find a solution. The warnings are good to avoid players to get too much frustrated, but with them sometimes the GM get a little annoyed :p
Okay, one deal, you send me some chocolate for strong nerves and the warning is fine :D

William Antrim
11-02-12, 14:38
Nice, you guys DO exist!

Faid
11-02-12, 19:25
lol Black Ivory is mad because he has to answer all the tickets concerning the TG epic. I can't imagine how he could cope with that many tickets, what with all the new people running the epic all the time :p

Before anyone goes getting all bent out of shape I'M JUST JOKING I can imagine the frustration once upon a time, but I just find it funny that it's being brought up now :lol:

MrTrip
11-02-12, 22:42

I was the one with Heff. I searched all over the canyon trying to find him and could only find the other NPC for that mission. I even waited for a midnight reset and everything. =( I think he was just scared cause I dropped him like a fly.

Either way its all taken care of :D You are the best

Jodo
12-02-12, 16:31
Perhaps amend the walkthrough so it reads "There can occasionally be a problem where GM help is required, but do check yourself first as it's quicker than waiting for a ticket you don't need".

Biglines
12-02-12, 17:45
It's a wiki, anyone who feels it's nescesary to change it, change it.

Jodo
12-02-12, 19:54
I haven't done that epic in a long time,nor have I any characters capable of doing do. I'd want to be reasonably familiar with it before I claimed any knowledge of it.
I just had a suggestion for BlackIvory's gripe.

Neallys
16-02-12, 17:49
Brammers, your walkthroughs are fine.
But if you write some sorts of hint like: "sometimes there is a problem, then please contact a GM", many player read: "there is a problem, contact a GM" or avoid to test it if they have the problem too and contact direct.

In fact when I think about this problem I can't find a solution. The warnings are good to avoid players to get too much frustrated, but with them sometimes the GM get a little annoyed :p
Okay, one deal, you send me some chocolate for strong nerves and the warning is fine :D

I have heard the "everything is working fine" speech concerning the needed ionics parts so many times.

The endless "we don't help you as you might be cheating on your request" amuses me so much when you see people sandwiching all their stuff around.

Don't you think by the time a GM (only you as it seems?) gets online, the player would have had time to try like.. say.. 4 gazillion times?

If you are tired of doing tickets.. don't do them.
If you feel something is globally misunderstood, use the forums/website/launcher to spread the word?