PDA

View Full Version : Mob Exp

jvasquez33
27-01-12, 17:55
Do higher ranking mobs give more exp? Or does the mob rank vs our rank have something to do with it?

Dribble Joy
27-01-12, 21:13
Xp is dependant on two things: Mob rank and TL of the weapon used.

The higher both go, the more xp.

Bare in mind though that though a mob might give you loads of xp, if it takes you ages to kill it, you'll end up with less than in the time taken to kill several lower level mobs.

William Antrim
30-01-12, 17:11
Also bear in mind the higher mobs will pwn your ass quicker if you dont hide. Pve has been "changed" a bit since you last played possibly and some mobs now do insane damage where before it was just high. IE Persecutors.

Just be aware of your own limitations.

Biglines
30-01-12, 17:31
Also bear in mind the higher mobs will pwn your ass quicker if you dont hide. Pve has been "changed" a bit since you last played possibly and some mobs now do insane damage where before it was just high. IE Persecutors.

Just be aware of your own limitations.
ye, grim percecutors can take out fully rare-padded monks if they aren't carefull (monks that can survive 4-5 level 3 doy tunnel mobs, yet die to 2/3th level firemobs ;))

safetycopy
14-02-12, 21:04

Bare in mind though that though a mob might give you loads of xp, if it takes you ages to kill it, you'll end up with less than in the time taken to kill several lower level mobs.

Does killing the mob actually matter, though? When I'm droning on Enemy, I often level just from causing damage. Do you get a bonus for actually killing the mob?

Genji
14-02-12, 22:37
Does killing the mob actually matter, though? When I'm droning on Enemy, I often level just from causing damage. Do you get a bonus for actually killing the mob?

Money, and he was just making an example.

safetycopy
14-02-12, 23:12
Money, and he was just making an example.

Yeah, obviously money, and I get that he was making an example. I was genuinely curious, though. I could do Launcher missions, for example, but hammering on Ceres Soldiers as soon as I could use an RK250 gave me much more XP, regardless of whether or not I could actually kill them.

Chuck Norris
15-02-12, 05:16

This is technically not true thanks to the game world.

If i were you, i'd go for DMG, DMG = EXP... more dmg more exp, many many fine examples of this in game

William Antrim
15-02-12, 16:27
Whatever you choose to shoot to level try to use AOE to level faster.

Dribble Joy
15-02-12, 16:54
This is technically not true thanks to the game world.

If i were you, i'd go for DMG, DMG = EXP... more dmg more exp, many many fine examples of this in game
Dmg indirectly affects exp. A mob is worth a given amount of xp with a given TL weapon (afaik), the faster you can kill a mob, the faster your exp gain rate.

For example, an EoF is higher TL than a Ravager, but against a Regants mob (which have high piercing armour) your xp/time will be less than with the Rav, even though the amount of xp per mob will be higher.

This is also why AoE weapons are better; they do less dmg, but you can affect more mobs at the same time.