PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute, lets be serious here

MrTrip
25-12-11, 20:53
Who the crap is even really playing anymore? And...why? What is even going on in game anymore? I'm pretty sure there are people with sandwiches in every zone watching your every move, but what are the other people doing?

hybok
25-12-11, 21:00
I and a few immune still play :)

we did have an op fight with LG and AD against soad last week.. had about 25 people there i think.. so it is possible?

as far as sandwiches go.. absolutely.

Dribble Joy
26-12-11, 18:25
I hunt mostly. That and explore.

zii
27-12-11, 23:25
I get killed quickly. A lot.

Otherwise, I'm in a corner eating sandwiches.

Yeti
28-12-11, 00:25
MrTrip... dude I try to connect to irc.neocron.com and nothing, wtf man

yeti // shadaloo // killcode

MrTrip
28-12-11, 01:48

Oh yeah, we moved that server. I should probably put it back online eh? Give me a few...

*edit* Waiting for DNS to update, server is up however at 108.161.81.210

William Antrim
28-12-11, 20:16
I hunt mostly. That and explore.

You still find new stuff to explore?

MrTrip
28-12-11, 20:53
You still find new stuff to explore?

I've seen every sector, every place, every where, every thing in the entire Neocron world.

There is NOTHING left to explore. It has been explored, done, zip zilch nada left.

Time for another expansion KK.

William Antrim
28-12-11, 23:06
Me too, or thought I had quite honestly.

Tokyo Dome please.

Anyway in other news I am off somewhere warm and sandy in the morning so I will bid all of you gents here good day and hope that things will improve by April when I get home.

Bye for now chaps and be good to each other.

(this means I wont be playing any more for a while so is still on topic).

Dribble Joy
29-12-11, 00:12
There is NOTHING left to explore.
I've been just about everywhere too, but some stuff I haven't visited for 7 years; and it's nice to refresh the memory. Or I remember some incident/event/happening and I go where it happened to rekindle those memories. Plus my recent habit of driving rather than GRing (preferably by road) has allowed me to experience the NC world in a greater detail.

MrTrip
29-12-11, 01:00
I've been just about everywhere too, but some stuff I haven't visited for 7 years; and it's nice to refresh the memory. Or I remember some incident/event/happening and I go where it happened to rekindle those memories. Plus my recent habit of driving rather than GRing (preferably by road) has allowed me to experience the NC world in a greater detail.

Aye. We explored everything on the testserver when NC1 was around, and then locally after NC 2.2

We made every attempt to run through every single cave in Neocron on test server. Some crazy happenings there TBH. I miss the test server the most to be honest. Everybody just out playing, enjoying the world, not worrying about ganking each other.

Kamuix99
29-12-11, 13:14
Btw, does anyone know when Planetside 2 will be out?

Neallys
29-12-11, 19:36
Aye. We explored everything on the testserver when NC1 was around, and then locally after NC 2.2

We made every attempt to run through every single cave in Neocron on test server. Some crazy happenings there TBH. I miss the test server the most to be honest. Everybody just out playing, enjoying the world, not worrying about ganking each other.

Such a carebear attitude :D

MrTrip
29-12-11, 22:42
Such a carebear attitude :D

What is left of the game? If I wanted straight deathmatch I'd play something on my 360. There is no story left, no leveling left, no new items left, nada. Nothing in the game means anything.

Biglines
30-12-11, 00:59
while I get what you're saying, why are you saying it? as in, what is your goal? do you have an alternative? or is this just another "the game is dead" thread?

MadMeleeFreak
30-12-11, 17:17
while I get what you're saying, why are you saying it? as in, what is your goal? do you have an alternative? or is this just another "the game is dead" thread?

Lack of proper alternative is the only reason anyone's left here at all that still posts, waits for Neocron 3 and occassionally stops by ingame from time to time. With bugfixes and proper anticheat (yeah I know lot of work, won't be done BUT IF) you could relaunch Neocron quite succesfully I bet. Just team up with paypal for proper payment providing and scratch that initial 20€ payment after the trial's over and go with the reduced fee of 5€ per month. No need for putting 5 Years into developing a WoWised sequel that will most likely fail for going F2P with Gamigo and being WoWised.

Kamuix99
30-12-11, 17:37
Lack of proper alternative is the only reason anyone's left here at all that still posts, waits for Neocron 3 and occassionally stops by ingame from time to time. With bugfixes and proper anticheat (yeah I know lot of work, won't be done BUT IF) you could relaunch Neocron quite succesfully I bet. Just team up with paypal for proper payment providing and scratch that initial 20€ payment after the trial's over and go with the reduced fee of 5€ per month. No need for putting 5 Years into developing a WoWised sequel that will most likely fail for going F2P with Gamigo and being WoWised.

We had that all discussed before, sadly to no avail whatsoever. So in search of an alternative, how about Planetside 2?

MrTrip
30-12-11, 19:16

I'd like to play with somebody? Maybe find a reason to play?

TheJesterLives
31-12-11, 00:51
I'd play but not sure if anyone would be willing to help me level and stuff.

Also I don't remember my old account info to even login in. =)

Biglines
31-12-11, 15:44
I'd like to play with somebody? Maybe find a reason to play?
good, it just seemed you had given up.

I still play whenever someone either invites me, or I find out they're playing, so hit me up on steam if u wanna play.

MadMeleeFreak
31-12-11, 16:03
So in search of an alternative, how about Planetside 2?

Nahh be it Planetside or Tribes, they at most can be a substitute for the team based PvP. And that's , at least for me, not even close to being enough to be considered a real alternative for Neocron as there was so much more to it than just PvPing. The endless hours of exploring and hunting, the weird dialogues when starting to do some roleplaying.

Meeting a group of people in robes (psi-monks as I found out later) standing in a circle around a pentagramm of candles. One of my first "Wow that's weird but uber-cool"-moments during my first weeks of playing cron.

Or the initiation rites of the clan I was in on mercury: Forcing you to jump down a seemingly endless hole in one of those soullight caves, just to find out you don't die from the fall but have proven your courage.

Those are what neocron is to me. Not the circle running, corner-clipping PvP. That was for the adrenaline kick from time to time. But that alone never gets me playing for years and on top of it paying for an online game. It's a pillar of the game for sure. But nor is it the only one neither the most important.

Kamuix99
31-12-11, 17:20
Nahh be it Planetside or Tribes, they at most can be a substitute for the team based PvP. And that's , at least for me, not even close to being enough to be considered a real alternative for Neocron as there was so much more to it than just PvPing. The endless hours of exploring and hunting, the weird dialogues when starting to do some roleplaying.

Meeting a group of people in robes (psi-monks as I found out later) standing in a circle around a pentagramm of candles. One of my first "Wow that's weird but uber-cool"-moments during my first weeks of playing cron.

Or the initiation rites of the clan I was in on mercury: Forcing you to jump down a seemingly endless hole in one of those soullight caves, just to find out you don't die from the fall but have proven your courage.

Those are what neocron is to me. Not the circle running, corner-clipping PvP. That was for the adrenaline kick from time to time. But that alone never gets me playing for years and on top of it paying for an online game. It's a pillar of the game for sure. But nor is it the only one neither the most important.

A major part of Neocron that made the game awesome was the MMO FPS aspect. Rather then braindead mindless button smashing, you had to actually aim and move yourself, as well as considering your ammuniton supply, position of you and your teammembers as well as other things. The pittyfull zoneboarder clipping jumpers are not PVPers but lamers that just seek delight in disturbing others. Real Team-PVP took place at OP Fights.

Now, NC didn't offer just only FPS but also an RPG system background. Skills and experience points, developing characters. Several games try to include such developing enviroments, i.e. Stalker and i'm not sure on how Planetside 2 will act in that manner.

Aside from that, the Player RP can exist in games, depending on player community and the atmosphere and complexity of the gameworld. I'm sure also Planetside 2 offers chances for in character game lore, especially due to changing game world which is directly affected by players.

With regards to Neocron, all these existed around the boomtime of NC/NC2 and the game was fun to play. Nowadays though, the big crowd of Players have gone and RP interaction has ceased mostly, same with trading etc. The Devs are neither willing to fix the existing game, nor work on a new one. All tries of communication has led to either lies or simply ignorance.

I don't know of any promising other MMORPG/FPS projects. Fallen Earth failed just as Earthrise did. Other projects had been planned as failure right from the start so they launch as F2P - they could abort these developements right away, instead of burning money.

MadMeleeFreak
31-12-11, 17:30
I don't know of any promising other MMORPG/FPS projects. Fallen Earth failed just as Earthrise did. Other projects had been planned as failure right from the start so they launch as F2P - they could abort these developements right away, instead of burning money.

Sad but true.

elGringo
31-12-11, 21:03
I've seen every sector, every place, every where, every thing in the entire Neocron world.

There is NOTHING left to explore. It has been explored, done, zip zilch nada left.

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4636/shoti.jpg

been there yet? :p

Time for another expansion KK.

+1 on that :)

TheJesterLives
31-12-11, 22:04
Keep getting some form of error when patching.

zii
01-01-12, 00:51
@elGringo. Where in hell in that?

MrTrip
01-01-12, 07:59

Yeah I second that. The hell is that?

Drachenpaladin
01-01-12, 22:36

Yep, wanna know!

Chuck Norris
01-01-12, 23:52
Looks like somewhere under the volcano? yet another awesome empty zone (

Strife
02-01-12, 09:33
Dribble have you EVER unsubbed/stop playing Neocron? Every time I had come back, you'd be here.

I mean that in a you're my hero way

Brammers
03-01-12, 01:47
Looks like somewhere under the volcano? yet another awesome empty zone (

I started laughing when the volcano got mentioned! So many victims to that prank! :D :lol:

Edit: Oh yes, that zone....it's under...no you won't believe me!

Drachenpaladin
03-01-12, 01:53
I started laughing when the volcano got mentioned! So many victims to that prank! :D :lol:

Edit: Oh yes, that zone....it's under...no you won't believe me!

Spit it...
The Twister?
The Warbot Statue?
MC5?
TH?

Garfield
03-01-12, 03:41
its not dark metal. fs give us a hint! vulcano huh? fairy tales id say

Danae
04-01-12, 01:38
Dribble have you EVER unsubbed/stop playing Neocron? Every time I had come back, you'd be here.

I mean that in a you're my hero way

*gasp* A Strife! Dribble is the awesomest tbh and I mean that in a you should be more like him way :P

Dribble Joy
04-01-12, 15:02
There was a small break when my paypal account got taken for a ride and I couldn't renew my subscription for a couple of weeks. Otherwise I have been here since around November '02.

And that screenie looks intruiging...

MadMeleeFreak
05-01-12, 23:06

Isn't that under Tech Haven, when using the secret door?

Dribble Joy
06-01-12, 13:15
Unless there are two secret doors, no.

Garfield
06-01-12, 20:08
there are two "secret" doors but no they wont lead to the pics location.

Animated
06-01-12, 20:57
I once crashed crossing zone lines in the outzone somewhere and ended up at the what I think was the powerstation.

Couldn't see much as a lot of fences were in the way, but I don't think it looked like that.

Mr Kot
07-01-12, 14:36
Isn't that under Tech Haven, when using the secret door?
No, but what if I told you it was under Neocron City? (and I don't mean the sewers)

Dribble Joy
07-01-12, 15:00
Part of the secret tunnels?

Drachenpaladin
07-01-12, 16:22
Does it belong to the Hiob-Quest?

Powerpunsh
07-01-12, 18:11
OZ sector 7 looks different, it looks like the other oz sectors from texture design. I would say Gaiamine or secret passage. Is there a Secret passage 3? unless, somewhere in the Gaiamine but ive explored them really detailed. Are there hidden places to open like the way you get to the yellow ball? :rolleyes:

if nothing fits: Alphascreen!!1111oneoneeleven

MrTrip
07-01-12, 18:27

enters.. JoHnGaZ/~4e3461dd@XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[4:10:06p] (JoHnGaZ) ;/
[4:10:13p] (JoHnGaZ) neocron is dead
[4:10:32p] (JoHnGaZ) i would gave my money for a good new one :> bye bye
SignOff: JoHnGaZ (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

o_O That is pretty much the most anybody talks there anymore...

gamefreak
07-01-12, 19:15
I think the pic is a fake.

Mr Kot
08-01-12, 00:37
I would say Gaiamine or secret passage.Neither ;)

if nothing fits: Alphascreen!!1111oneoneelevenNope. That screenshot was taken a couple of years ago.. around 2009-ish.

I think the pic is a fake.It's not fake. Only a select few runners have ever been there and could take screenshots to their heart's content - in between dodging MKII doy bots, that is 8|

Biglines
08-01-12, 00:38
if it's only possible to get there with gm teleportation, what's the point? :p

gamefreak
08-01-12, 02:02
Can you please tell the story?

gamefreak
08-01-12, 21:04
Mh 100% sure it's a fake.

Chuck Norris
09-01-12, 04:56
This is way deep under the "big sewers" in neocron city (i got lost for hours swimming around the water pipes under the big sewers) or somewhere under TG canyon?

Chuck Norris
09-01-12, 04:59
maybe somewhere in the dome sewers? no one ever goes to that crap whole for those PE woc weapons

MadMeleeFreak
09-01-12, 15:43
no one ever goes to that crap whole for those PE woc weapons

Been there, done that, doesn't look even remotely like that pic. He already said it's below NC. I'm sure I've been there. My guess was TH because of the blue light inside that door on the right.

Drachenpaladin
09-01-12, 16:18
This is way deep under the "big sewers" in neocron city (i got lost for hours swimming around the water pipes under the big sewers) or somewhere under TG canyon?

Given the remark about dodging DoY-Bots is true i'd guess its TG-Canyon.

Mr. Kassad
09-01-12, 18:08
To be honest I really wish there was a Video or at least a screenshot Report about all the secret locations in Neocron.

A guide to visit them would be great but I understand if people say that would ruin the value of those places. So I'm fine without a guide.

But just a little compilation with pictures of places that most players didn't visit and maybe the story behind them. People can then start looking for those places themselves.

NC has so many great secrets but in all my years I only got to know a hand full of those. Wish I could see some more. Even if it's just on screenshots or videos. :(

Drachenpaladin
09-01-12, 18:17
I still think its related to the Hiob-Global Storyline-Event-thingy and thus not accessible anymore...

Setlec
09-01-12, 19:24
Hiob quest took place somewhere in the THN areai mean in the mountains while the queen was inside a cave accessed from a building N, N-E from TH, iirc.

Morpheus
09-01-12, 21:07
neocron is full of secrets and secret places...

i'd really like to visit that place where my cabinets and appa inventory dissappeared into, eight months ago.

Dribble Joy
10-01-12, 00:43
I found an awesome little bar hidden away in PP3....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/Muffdemon/shot0007a.jpg

Drachenpaladin
10-01-12, 01:14
I found and awesome little bar hidden away in PP3....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/Muffdemon/shot0007a.jpg

Lol.. thats the Twister-Bar in the abandoned TS-HQ, isn't it?^^

gamefreak
10-01-12, 01:14
Looks like the tsunami office, and seriously, the first pic is fake you ...

Powerpunsh
10-01-12, 01:16
DJ its near the secret passage and hidden in the secret tsuHQ.
This place m8 be hidden.
http://www.abload.de/thumb/dumdidum0zl21.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=dumdidum0zl21.jpg)

Dribble Joy
10-01-12, 01:18
TS-HQ
Yes/no.

Drachenpaladin
10-01-12, 01:55
DJ its near the secret passage and hidden in the secret tsuHQ.
This place m8 be hidden.
http://www.abload.de/thumb/dumdidum0zl21.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=dumdidum0zl21.jpg)

Hm.. Regants-Tile Set. Probably a beam on the ceiling either in Legacy or Dark Metal...

Powerpunsh
10-01-12, 23:06
Still accessable, its the dark metal and you dont have to / set kill_self 1 out. The lifts work.

Mr. Kassad
11-01-12, 15:53
More Pictures please! :angel:

Drachenpaladin
11-01-12, 19:37
Still, no hint on the mysterious underground cavern..

Mr. Kassad
11-01-12, 22:05
Just a wild guess but I think I can remember somebody telling me that there is a "Area 51" in NC... But thats probably just me imagining things...

Garfield
12-01-12, 10:42
there is such an area 51 but u cant go there with even "semi-legit" power :mad:

dark metal (http://youtu.be/ufwQZOniNwM)

Drachenpaladin
12-01-12, 10:49
I remember that Area 51 was referred to a certain NeoFrag-Map that is designed like a spaceship. But its not actually hidden, guess probably just less popular.
Yet, no one can or will hint on the mysterious cavern shot... so posting the pic was just another attempt to twit the community?
I'm sure its not dark metal, unless the third area is somehow accessible.

gamefreak
12-01-12, 16:31
Area 51 = GM Area
Dark Metal is "closed" but you can still get in with one of NCs oldest tricks.

And the screenshot is fake. It doesn t even make sense. There are no boxes like that in Neocron. People have been trolling with imaginary zones since 2002. Ever been to Viarosso 4 or the secret island?

Mr. Kassad
12-01-12, 16:34
there is such an area 51 but u cant go there with even "semi-legit" power :mad:

Hmm ok so that would not be part of an "visit all NC Areas"-Trip.

But still I would love to see all the hidden areas KK built but never used or only used for a certain time. Even the areas that only GMs can reach. So many secrets but so few I know... :(

Ever been to Viarosso 4 or the secret island?

The secret Island! Haha!
If I remember correct the legend was that this is the place where Tokyo will be built on in the future. Right?

Mr. Kassad
12-01-12, 17:40
Ha no. Google shows me there was a shack and a dead body supposed to be.

Tripplepost... Sry but now I wasn't able to edit the posts at all...

Powerpunsh
12-01-12, 18:48
I would say the Screenshot is pre NC1. :rolleyes:

Chuck Norris
12-01-12, 22:31
its sad we have more fun talking about then playing, roll back to NC1 I guarantee revenue and a new explosive player base. I know this would mean admitting NC2 was a failure but who effing cares at this point, let the fans have the masterpiece back!

gamefreak
13-01-12, 00:09
And i guarantee that after one week there're only cheaters left.

elGringo
13-01-12, 20:47
I would say the Screenshot is pre NC1. :rolleyes:

quite the opposite. the area in question was added to the game at a very late stage and while only few have actually found it, most of you that scream 'fake' have probably been within metres of it... mr. jones would know. :p

Drachenpaladin
14-01-12, 01:49
quite the opposite. the area in question was added to the game at a very late stage and while only few have actually found it, most of you that scream 'fake' have probably been within metres of it... mr. jones would know. :p

Randomly spilling mock-facts? What else...

flib
14-01-12, 17:36
its sad we have more fun talking about then playing, roll back to NC1 I guarantee revenue and a new explosive player base. I know this would mean admitting NC2 was a failure but who effing cares at this point, let the fans have the masterpiece back!
Actually, they did admit that.

elGringo
14-01-12, 23:22
Randomly spilling mock-facts? What else...

this?

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5966/shot0002tml.jpg

if you pay attention to the visible architectural feats, you'd be able to guess what zones 'cellar' the shots were taken in :)

MrTrip
15-01-12, 01:20

I agree 110%, but it has been said that this will never ever happen ever ever not in a million years.

Drachenpaladin
15-01-12, 02:57
Looks like the machine room. But there is nothing in there except for the terminal for the mission.

gamefreak
15-01-12, 14:14
this?

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5966/shot0002tml.jpg

if you pay attention to the visible architectural feats, you'd be able to guess what zones 'cellar' the shots were taken in :)
In your back entrance ?

Mr Kot
15-01-12, 17:27
Looks like the machine room. But there is nothing in there except for the terminal for the mission.
Give that man a cigar ;)

There is a way to the basement, but you will need assistance.

Drachenpaladin
15-01-12, 18:19
Oh and i hate to say it but the textures of the boxes are still ingame. Ceiling tiles of the Tsunami HQ :P

Powerpunsh
16-01-12, 00:34
seems like one of these rooms in the MC5.

MrTrip
19-03-12, 02:53

+1 on that :)

Okay, NOW I have done everything in Neocron......

http://i.imgur.com/u4qCh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/i8NeZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cIsHo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/M0EgX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/47WmA.jpg

Drachenpaladin
19-03-12, 02:56

Tell... via PM if necessary... :wtf:

flib
19-03-12, 03:53
Is that the outside of an apartment?

MrTrip
19-03-12, 04:00
Is that the outside of an apartment?

No.

Tell... via PM if necessary... o_O

Maybe.

Powerpunsh
19-03-12, 16:51
WTF tell me where it is! Please!

Brammers
19-03-12, 16:53
WTF tell me where it is! Please!

Someone in this thread already has! ;)

Edit: One clue, it wasn't me.

Powerpunsh
19-03-12, 16:59
Ok mr jones. Do i have to search all Mr Jones zones for it? Just tell me the Zone i need to activate in my navray. :)

The machine room in pp1 looks like it, but theres no way to go further as the first room.

MrTrip
19-03-12, 18:08
oh I suppose I'll ruin it.

I have no idea how to get there, but it is the machine room in PP1. Where the machine sits that wall behind it, you need to have super GM powers (I don't) and phase through the wall like a boss. I called in a favor to get there. Its pretty amazing actually, too bad it wasn't used for some large mission.

Chuck Norris
20-03-12, 03:44
Dang, I was jumping thru walls logging in and out on fences lol, so you gotta pop thru wall some how!

Izeo
18-04-12, 16:42

I'm not the OP but I want to answer:

Because the atmosphere means so much to me, I always *want* to have a reason to play. But, I feel like nothing matters anymore because of a few things.

1.) WoC is sadistic to players like me who play solo.

2.) I feel like everyone else is cheating in PvP, clipping through walls, running 5x my speed when I've already sacrificed soooo much damage for movespeed in my stats.. but they still kill me in a few hits, while when I connect shots to them, their HP barely moves.

3.) Some items are now pointlessly complex, such as nanites. It's frustrating just to know that nanites are a part of those PvP setups, making "the feeling of being able to compete" seem that much more of an impossibility. (The more complex you make a game, the larger the window becomes for meta-game "skill". If you remove all implants and tools and give everyone the same weapons, then it's just your player skill. Of course, that might be too boring, but, when you go overboard with items and shit, that also sucks too, because people can essentially win fights with their setups, rather with skill. This was always a factor/conversation in Neocron, but it got multiplied with stuff added in NC2.)

4.) Because of the first three things, it feels pointless to keep leveling and finish capping. If I spend an entire day to get 15 pixels of XP, I feel like an idiot who just wasted my day.

That said, I still love Neocron for it's atmosphere and I always WANT a reason to play. Every so often, I get back on and try. But all I do is try to level a bit more, get maybe half way on a level, then start thinking about #1 2 and 3 and quit again. :(

-

About the maps. I know this is totally random but does anyone know the name(s) of the mapper(s) for Neocron? I basically would just like to give them some fan-mail, lol, because I've always loved Neocron's maps. I really admire BSP mapping and anyone who can do it well, and create - not just a believable area - but a good "feeling" in that area as well. To me, many zones in Neocron have a lot more feeling/emotion in them, than, for example, an area or town in Borderlands; a game which should, by all means, have newer and better graphics and worlds. To me, it doesn't.

One of my favorite spots in the entire game is in the NC Subway zone. At the Pepper Park stop, there's a little diner built into the fork in the subway car paths and has glass walls so you can see the cars go by. That idea was, and is, so amazing that it gave me chills thinking about it.

If there is any reason I play it's to get back on, run around and see those cool areas again.

It's a shame that there are many maps that were made by these/this mapper(s) and then not actually used in the game. I also mapped BSP for over a decade myself (not professionally (for money) but I consider my own work at a professional level) and would be sad if my maps had to be scrapped or hidden off of the game world like that Generator Room map in this thread. It looks very interesting/unique.

Joe Staff
18-04-12, 18:08
You guys been to Out Zone Sector 7?

What about 'New District' ?

Strife
19-04-12, 00:31
(The more complex you make a game, the larger the window becomes for meta-game "skill". If you remove all implants and tools and give everyone the same weapons, then it's just your player skill. Of course, that might be too boring, but, when you go overboard with items and shit, that also sucks too, because people can essentially win fights with their setups, rather with skill. This was always a factor/conversation in Neocron, but it got multiplied with stuff added in NC2.)I agree somewhat. Nanites did seem to put it over the top, especially for spies. I played spy, drugs were the name of the game. Topping that with nanites it felt too troublesome just to be at my peak competitive level.

I did love how resists were however. Tweaking, testing, just perfecting your setup and having it show in fights was pretty ego-tastic,

CrushOr
19-04-12, 06:56
Considering that nanites basically dont work I can see it being needlessly complicated.

nabbl
19-04-12, 10:07
I agree somewhat. Nanites did seem to put it over the top, especially for spies. I played spy, drugs were the name of the game. Topping that with nanites it felt too troublesome just to be at my peak competitive level.

I did love how resists were however. Tweaking, testing, just perfecting your setup and having it show in fights was pretty ego-tastic,

However.. it is all about speed now.
Holo PA Vest + Disruptor + Drugs + Stealth + Spy = unbeatable if he knows how to use walls and edges and his stealth tool.
Even tanks go on full speed. Because not getting hit is the best defense ... at the moment. We don't have a speedcapp so you are able to run fast as hell.
Private Eyes and Monks can reach such speed only by drugging a lot more.

Drevious
19-04-12, 10:38
However.. it is all about speed now.
Holo PA Vest + Disruptor + Drugs + Stealth + Spy = unbeatable if he knows how to use walls and edges and his stealth tool.
Even tanks go on full speed. Because not getting hit is the best defense ... at the moment. We don't have a speedcapp so you are able to run fast as hell.
Private Eyes and Monks can reach such speed only by drugging a lot more.

word, but there is a speed cap

CrushOr
19-04-12, 13:34
There is a speed cap only in the sense that you have a limited amount of points in the given subskill and even less that you can viably spec into speed skills.

If you are a spy, you cant spec ALL your dex into AGL, you still need some RC to even use a weapon.

However all the sandwiching happening on the server makes this conversation irrelevant.

Biglines
19-04-12, 13:44
However all the sandwiching happening on the server makes this conversation irrelevant.
The new activity of the GM's seems to have had the effect that I haven't seen any of the old sandwich eaters around any more, and haven't seen any dodgy activity from others.

Chuck Norris
19-04-12, 13:57
I hear sandwiches make you run faster alot faster ;((

Kanedax
19-04-12, 16:17
I think the diversity of items are fine now. However there are certain weapons that still need some nerfing, ie disruptor, there are some items that need a boost, the redeemer, first love, and oh god every melee weapon ever. If any items were to be added I would like to see some WoC monk spells as my apu feels very left out.

Resists are fine the way they are. I wouldn't mind a speed cap if only because it would force tanks to play like tanks again.

CrushOr
19-04-12, 16:24

Yep, and have ultimate resists and ultimate damage and a closed reticle. They are basically playing quake 3 and you are stuck in neocron.

Trivaldi
19-04-12, 16:33
They get you banned too. Report anyone you think is using cheats/hacks to exploits@neocron.com and they will be investigated. If evidence is available send that too.

Its not permitted and people do get banned for it.

Additionally I don't want to see this discussion on the forum, either.

r2d22k
19-04-12, 16:44
Sandwiches? That reminds me of TF2, the heavy class: www.wegame.com/watch/TF2_Heavy_Sandwich_Taunts/.

It's a shame the speedcap has been lifted, especially since the interpolation, which worked fine btw in NC1, has been messed up some time with NC2.

nabbl
19-04-12, 17:29
Sandwiches refer to "How I met your mother" i think :-P
german:
http://de.how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/wiki/Sandwiches
english:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Eating%20a%20Sandwich

Mr_Snow
19-04-12, 19:22
Having never really PVPed in NC2, I was shocked by how fast everyone runs in PVP now and about how a pretty skill based but tactical PVP game turned into zooming around clipping like lunatics.

Think it's a real shame, personally.

Biglines
19-04-12, 21:23
Having never really PVPed in NC2, I was shocked by how fast everyone runs in PVP now and about how a pretty skill based but tactical PVP game turned into zooming around clipping like lunatics.

Think it's a real shame, personally.
how is speed, dodging and having to aim to hit people not skill based? And trying to kill ppu's and clipping people requires huge amounts of tactical cooperation... I much prefer having to run properly and dodge incoming fire, than the stupid button bashing pvp that's so common in other mmo's.

While i'd rather have that clipping was fixed and resists become relevant again, there's nothing wrong with skill based movement, it just shouldn't be the end-all it is right now because of clipping.

Mr_Snow
20-04-12, 00:38
how is speed, dodging and having to aim to hit people not skill based? And trying to kill ppu's and clipping people requires huge amounts of tactical cooperation... I much prefer having to run properly and dodge incoming fire, than the stupid button bashing pvp that's so common in other mmo's.

While i'd rather have that clipping was fixed and resists become relevant again, there's nothing wrong with skill based movement, it just shouldn't be the end-all it is right now because of clipping.
I didn't say it wasn't, I said the old method was 'pretty skill based and tactical'. PVP now isn't really tactical and every class PVPs like a slightly different version of itself in that everyone has to go for max speed and max damage.

I don't really think you understand tactics if you think everyone going for PPU's and clipping = tactics, and you definitely don't understand it when you resort to comparing NC2's PVP with other MMOs, rather than with NC1's PVP.

Biglines
20-04-12, 02:28
I didn't say it wasn't, I said the old method was 'pretty skill based and tactical'. PVP now isn't really tactical and every class PVPs like a slightly different version of itself in that everyone has to go for max speed and max damage.

I don't really think you understand tactics if you think everyone going for PPU's and clipping = tactics, and you definitely don't understand it when you resort to comparing NC2's PVP with other MMOs, rather than with NC1's PVP.
so, if u feel I don't understand tactics, enlighten me and tell me how nc1 pvp was tactical? if ur talking about strategic, I'm sure there was a bunch more, with different setups and all... but tactical?

CrushOr
20-04-12, 05:08
Taking a bunch of drugs and running around a gogo isnt skill. The only skilled involved is knowing which items make you clip more or less.

Mr_Snow
20-04-12, 06:24
so, if u feel I don't understand tactics, enlighten me and tell me how nc1 pvp was tactical? if ur talking about strategic, I'm sure there was a bunch more, with different setups and all... but tactical?
...different setups isn't a strategic choice, strategy is managing alliances, choosing which ops to hold/attack, choosing how to respond when under attack in several different areas etc.

NC1 pvp was tactical because different classes moved at different speeds. Because range actually made a difference. Because you could (attempt) to hold choke points. Because you had choices in how you specced your characters other than balancing max speed/max damage. Because of a thousand things that I'm not really bothered listing to someone who'se response to "I don't like how NC2 pvp has changed from NC1" is to say "NC isn't like button mashing games" :lol:

nabbl
20-04-12, 09:48
...different setups isn't a strategic choice, strategy is managing alliances, choosing which ops to hold/attack, choosing how to respond when under attack in several different areas etc.

NC1 pvp was tactical because different classes moved at different speeds. Because range actually made a difference. Because you could (attempt) to hold choke points. Because you had choices in how you specced your characters other than balancing max speed/max damage. Because of a thousand things that I'm not really bothered listing to someone who'se response to "I don't like how NC2 pvp has changed from NC1" is to say "NC isn't like button mashing games" :lol:

you are right sir.

There was a time where you had to actually think while playing. You didn't just download the latest cookie cutter build and then went clipping.

I want that back.

Remember when the gentank with a pulled weapon was that slow that everyone was able to hit him? At that time you really had to have movement skills. You had to dodge shots, running asynchronous to the movement of your enemy and you had to be unpredictable. I remember that STORM tank named Moschmongo. He had this serious hard to aim movement and killed me like a hundred times until I figured out what to do while moving. Today you just put some points in agi/atl and run around the next corner when on low hp.

Biglines
20-04-12, 14:07
I'm just surprised you feel the need to look down on me? I was genuinely asking u to inform me, but instead u go on some kind of personal vendetta to proof what an idiot I am...

I respectfully asked you to give an actual example of different kinds of things that make current nc2 pvp non-tactical, and all you come up with is clipping and runspeed, both of which I agreed with you about. Sounds like every other nostalgic rose tinted glasses discussion on here. Of course nc1 was better, your favourite classes (apu/hybrid/pe) were overpowered then.