View Full Version : Who Owns The Copyrights To Neocron?

Ashley003
30-11-11, 15:29
Heyo all. I just got an email from Youtube saying that I can earn money from my videos. However; I can't earn money if my videos are of video games and I don't have copyright permission, and because I have videos of Neocron if I can find out who has the Copyrights to it I can contact them and hopefully get permission and then earn some cash. :D

dodgefahrer
30-11-11, 16:07
Im pretty sure all rights are still owned by Reakktor

Biglines
30-11-11, 18:17
I think everyone with a youtube account and videos uploaded got that mail. Don't count on getting that permission. And the copyright, afaik the main part of it is KK's, but a lot of the content (like models and music etc) is owned by 3rd party companies, for which KK only has a usage license. That's why we weren't allowed to use neocron music in neocron:source/the ceres project

MrTrip
30-11-11, 18:47
Heyo all. I just got an email from Youtube saying that I can earn money from my videos. However; I can't earn money if my videos are of video games and I don't have copyright permission, and because I have videos of Neocron if I can find out who has the Copyrights to it I can contact them and hopefully get permission and then earn some cash. :D

Using my vast knowledge and awesome impersonation skills I will attempt to act out the part of a KK employee getting this request..

"No."

Thanks for posting folks! Remember, if the money doesn't go in KK's pocket, IT GOES NOWHERE.

Biglines
30-11-11, 21:08
Thanks for posting folks! Remember, if the money doesn't go in KK's pocket, IT GOES NOWHERE.
Not entirely true, that icara sun or something like that music thingy got permission...

MrTrip
30-11-11, 23:20
Not entirely true, that icara sun or something like that music thingy got permission...

And it was the most god awful piece of shit I have ever heard in my entire life.

Sorry, but wow...

Ashley003
01-12-11, 00:04
I think everyone with a youtube account and videos uploaded got that mail. Don't count on getting that permission. And the copyright, afaik the main part of it is KK's, but a lot of the content (like models and music etc) is owned by 3rd party companies, for which KK only has a usage license. That's why we weren't allowed to use neocron music in neocron:source/the ceres project

Ah, ok then. No point in bothering. :P

Biglines
01-12-11, 00:34
And it was the most god awful piece of shit I have ever heard in my entire life.

Sorry, but wow...
I didn't like it, but I don't particularly like that genre of music anyway so wasn't sure how bad it actually was ;)

Faid
01-12-11, 17:10
Youtube has been trying to crack down on all the copyright abuse so they devised a genius plan to have the copyright abusers actually contact the copyright owners to essentially notify them of the abuse. It's like a criminal turning himself into the police to collect the reward on his own head :p

Biglines
01-12-11, 17:19
uhm, asking the copyright owner is the way you always have to go if you want to publish online... it's not a new idea by youtube :p

zii
01-12-11, 22:52
I didn't like it, but I don't particularly like that genre of music anyway so wasn't sure how bad it actually was ;)

It has nothing to do with the genre. The song was a steaming turd.

Biglines
01-12-11, 22:54
It has nothing to do with the genre. The song was a steaming turd.
oh I'm sure, but seeing as most of the music in that genre sounds like a steaming turd to me, it's hard to differentiate :p

zii
01-12-11, 22:57
Sorry, but I cannot hear you over the Jeff Mills track that is screaming from my headphones.

Biglines
01-12-11, 23:00
Sorry, but I cannot hear you over the Jeff Mills track that is screaming from my headphones.
If I knew who that was, your statement would probably have more effect :p

Ashley003
01-12-11, 23:19
uhm, asking the copyright owner is the way you always have to go if you want to publish online... it's not a new idea by youtube :p

I don't really think KK would actually give a crap that me or anyone else would put videos of Neocron up onto Youtube. They don't lose any profit or anything from it and the only thing it can really do for them is get more people to play 'Cron.

Think I'm gonna film a new series of Neocron vids, this time of my assassin.

Biglines
02-12-11, 00:52
they don't care, but they simply can't give you written permission

Faid
02-12-11, 04:54
I meant it was a way for youtube to absolve themselves from providing a forum for people to post copyrighted materials without permission. I was also half joking :p I know with all my NC videos I've posted I didnt have permission for the music or the video footage :angel:

I do love NC videos though, so keep them coming :D I have a few more I've been working on when Im bored that I need to finish

Ashley003
03-12-11, 02:36
Just bought another months subscription for 'Cron (Yep, I'm one of the few that still pays!), when I boot it up (which will probably be tomorrow or Sunday, I can't be assed to start filming tonight) I'll film my next series of 'Cron vids.

It was fun having hard-drive space. :(

Faid
03-12-11, 02:55
It was fun having hard-drive space. :(
I use a 500GB external drive specifically for storing game footage :D

Ashley003
03-12-11, 03:28
I use a 500GB external drive specifically for storing game footage :D

I got 4 times that, 2TB! :D Only problem is that I film it onto my computer's hard drive (which is 1 TB but it's also used for storing games, music and so on) so I need to transfer it from computer to hard drive every time, which takes ages.

If there's a way to film directly onto the external however...

hatmankh
03-12-11, 16:06
I don't know which video capture software you're using but there should be an option that lets you choose the folder where the videos are created, so you could just pick a folder on your external harddrive.

Faid
03-12-11, 19:31
If there's a way to film directly onto the external however...

Hatmankh is right
Yes there is definitely a way to designate a save file destination. If you use fraps for example, under the "movies" tab there's a "folder to save movies in" window where you can change it.

Ashley003
06-12-11, 09:25
Cheers guys, found how to save it to my external, so much easier now! :D