PDA

View Full Version : [OT] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

flib
28-11-11, 18:32
Anyone played Skyrim?
I'm not sure yet if I want to get it. I couldn't get into Oblivion for various reasons, but Skyrim looks nice.

gamefreak
28-11-11, 19:06
It's awesome, get it!

Really, it s better than Oblivion, and I think its the best game of the year. There's a fuckload of content, great setting, very good looking and big world and you can make lots of choices. Only negative things I've experienced so far, were a few minor bugs, that will in no way bother you, if you've ever played Neocron.

Kamuix99
28-11-11, 19:09
Are these what I think "medieval fps"? I once played a game by a friend. You could shoot an arrow from a window and then a group of guards stormed inside the tower and up the stairs.

Drachenpaladin
28-11-11, 22:03
Its pretty nice for the first 30 hours but around lvl40 it gets repetitive..
Go there, kill everything, bring back this... like WoW, just less colorful.
But yes its really huge and there is lot of stuff to explore. Every cave is different... more or less.

gamefreak
28-11-11, 22:18
I'm just lvl 26 but I think theres enough non repetitive content in it. You don t have to do every shitty job every npc their aunt gives you ;)

Drachenpaladin
28-11-11, 23:24
I'm just lvl 26 but I think theres enough non repetitive content in it. You don t have to do every shitty job every npc their aunt gives you ;)

Yeah of course. It offers pretty much freedom for explorers. Its shares lots of similarities with Fallout regarding that.

Kamuix99
28-11-11, 23:36
I checked and yes, the game I've seen was oblivion :)

William Antrim
29-11-11, 00:02
Can you be a thief and all of that stuff similar to oblivion? I want to be a burglar/thief but I havent got round to getting it yet. I can't quite bring myself to put down battlefield 3 yet.

Doc Holliday
29-11-11, 02:27
a friend of mine i work with has a friend who has it on pc.

he told me that his mate was playing and he chucked a diamond or somethin on the floor that he didnt want to carry. an npc walked over to it and picked it up. he then spoke to the npc and the npc asked him if the diamond was his.

at least that was the rough story. it was late and i had finished work at 7.30am and was having a beer so i might have gotten it a bit twisted but to me that is seriously cool.

i would like to get it but i got bored of oblivion so i think i will leave it. however all credit to the devs.

Jodo
29-11-11, 02:53
You don t have to do every shitty job every npc their aunt gives you ;)

Yes, yes I do.

hatmankh
29-11-11, 07:42
Yes, yes I do.
You do realize that some quests are randomly generated, right? The random quests never end, a few days after you do one, another one is generated somewhere else. So if you try and do all of them you'll be playing the game forever, or at least until you get bored of going to x cave and bringing back y item.

William Antrim
29-11-11, 13:25
I think i would be happy with that.

Biglines
29-11-11, 14:01
You do realize that some quests are randomly generated, right? The random quests never end, a few days after you do one, another one is generated somewhere else. So if you try and do all of them you'll be playing the game forever, or at least until you get bored of going to x cave and bringing back y item.
isn't that what all modern mmorpgs are actually about? :p

silent000
29-11-11, 14:36
Can you be a thief and all of that stuff similar to oblivion? I want to be a burglar/thief but I havent got round to getting it yet. I can't quite bring myself to put down battlefield 3 yet.

Yes you can. It is the most fun I've had in the game. Become leader of the Thieves guild and nothing can stop you.

Jodo
29-11-11, 20:45

You just described half the quests from Morrowind and Oblivion. And as Biglines said, mmorpg's too.

hatmankh
29-11-11, 20:50
Except in Morrowind and Oblivion all the quests were written, so they all had their own unique stories, even if the actual gameplay ended up being mostly the same. Anyway I wasn't being critical of Skyrim, just saying you literally can't do all the quests since they never end.

Kamuix99
29-11-11, 21:07
Judging from the videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVtn_tsfeIA) it looks real nice.

Dribble Joy
29-11-11, 21:44
I may have to get this. A whole new game world with houses for me to rob of their silverware.

Danae
30-11-11, 00:49
Hubby and 11 year old have been playing Skyrim on PS3. They love it. However hubby has played through all the content and decided he'd rather have Rocksmith and just got that today ^^

The graphics are nice. The voice acting is SHITE (painfully so...but I'm a bit of a voice snob). If you get it for the PS3 there is a save file bug that is ridiculous and slows down the whole ps3 until you shut it off.

flib
30-11-11, 03:11
Sounds pretty good!
I'll probably get it for PC, because PC graphics are superior, unless the DRM is really bad, in which case I won't be paying for it.
I've heard that PC version is pretty buggy, so I'll definitely wait until the post-release bugginess gets smoothed over.

Oblivion's combat felt pretty damn clunky, is Skyrim's combat much better?

hatmankh
30-11-11, 09:10
I'd say definetly get it on PC, its a bethesda game so there's gonna be bugs on any system you play it on. With the PC though there will be thousands of mods and even unofficial bug fixing patches, if you prefer gamepad controls just buy a gamepad for your PC :p . The only reason to get this on a console is not having a PC that can run it well.

Kanedax
30-11-11, 18:43
I've never had significant issues with the pc version. Have played about 55 hours.