PDA

View Full Version : Oh, just coming up on 70 days is all...

MrTrip
10-11-11, 21:16
If I waited 70 days to get a list of answers to my clients I'd be fired?

http://www.neocron.org/

This is kind of why I don't even develop that website, nor have I logged into Neocron for...well 70 days.

I've seen so little activity around here too from people that I check the forums once a week maybe? What is everybody doing anyway?

silent000
10-11-11, 21:21
I lurk the forums around twice a day with a glimmer of hope to see a post from Kirk.

I don't really hold an opinion and why he hasn't replied yet, but all I can say is I am 'Anti-Kirk'. Personal problems or not it has taken the piss a bit.

gamefreak
10-11-11, 21:37
You could say, KK honors their traditions.

Biglines
10-11-11, 22:41
this time apparently even the post on the BP forums was closed, so yeah, KK is being KK. I am lurking, but also lerking (hehe.... see what i did there? playing ns2 (http://www.youtube.com/user/NaturalSelection2HD))

Kamuix99
11-11-11, 11:55
While I'm not completely sure whether Dust belongs to KK or Gamigo AG, the outcome is pretty much the same. Obviously Kirk doesn't care much about his promise and had to be reminded in BP Forums to at least give a small statement. Now either KK has mentally disconnected from Neocron, or Gamigo AG issued an gag order on them.

William Antrim
11-11-11, 15:00
I would hazard a guess at a mix of the two kamui.

I am still of the assumption that everything they are doing is still so early in its development that they cannot tell us anything about it.

My glass is half full.

Drachenpaladin
11-11-11, 15:07
While I'm not completely sure whether Dust belongs to KK or Gamigo AG, the outcome is pretty much the same.

As his avatar clearly tells you, he belongs to Gamigo ;)
And btw: Told ya! :p

I wouldn't be surprised if NC3 hasn't even been touched at all by KK.
I mean, they released an artwork, but the assumption that they work on it is a bit early. I think it was just their way to tell us: "Somewhen..."

Also, fixing NC2 is the private agenda of the devs and non of Kirks business. They officially stopped support of NC2 quite some time ago, either when they went into insolvency or some time before the BP-board went online, dunno.
Anyway, if you want news, ask the devs. But they are busy.

Biglines
11-11-11, 15:27
Also, fixing NC2 is the private agenda of the devs and non of Kirks business. They officially stopped support of NC2 quite some time ago, either when they went into insolvency or some time before the BP-board went online, dunno.
Not true.

Kamuix99
11-11-11, 16:33
Well, fixing NC2 is on Kirks agenda for he promised to give a statement and not an KK mod or community manager. Also, Reakktor is not longer in a state of insolvency, for they successfully sold all their publishing rights of BP to Gamigo AG and the latter invested an 19.9% part of Reaktor Media GmbH.

One could wonder, why KK still advertises Neocron on their own website or why Gamigo suddenly goes beserk and silencing questions in their Off-Topic area. But these would be waste of time.

As I see it, Kirk doesn't stand up to his word and his promises are not worth a dime. He has had long enough time to think of an answer and he also had chances enough to state if Gamigo AG would not allow him to answer. In simple words, he's lying to us and making just lame excuses. I'm very disappointed and it would have been better if he never promised anything that he has no interest in keeping. :(

MrTrip
11-11-11, 23:01
Occupy Plaza!

Chuck Norris
11-11-11, 23:48
Satiating your hungers of Peruvian marching powder and ladies of the night is an intensive and expensive venture cut the guy come slack c'mon people :angel:

Kamuix99
12-11-11, 00:09
That reminds me, still I have to level my Psi Monk up to Lvl 40+. Doing that as hybrid with construction/ressing is a pain in the a** and takes lots of time.

Biglines
12-11-11, 01:27
Occupy Plaza!
LOL ye, might have just as much effect :p

Dribble Joy
12-11-11, 03:22
Vitriolic anger. Useful as ever.

Gamingo don't want KK touching NC - Not what they are paying them for and not something KK are being payed for.

We are not customers - NC is free to play at the moment, we should be grateful that there are servers to play on at all given that KK makes no money from the game and has to pay for the servers.

Kirk has bigger fish to fry - KK has to survive as a business, that means taking priority on immediate concerns regarding the future of the company. This means BP at the moment; spending his time on a project 'developed' in people's free time and the inconsistencies that entails is not part of this remit.

Faid
12-11-11, 05:47
Subservient compliance, equally useful...

Biglines
12-11-11, 11:52

Gamingo don't want KK touching NC - Not what they are paying them for and not something KK are being payed for.

We are not customers - NC is free to play at the moment, we should be grateful that there are servers to play on at all given that KK makes no money from the game and has to pay for the servers.

Kirk has bigger fish to fry - KK has to survive as a business, that means taking priority on immediate concerns regarding the future of the company. This means BP at the moment; spending his time on a project 'developed' in people's free time and the inconsistencies that entails is not part of this remit.
all of these are simply things YOU think are true, none of them are even remotely facts.

if only they actually do as promised and answer these questions... it's not like we're asking for neocron to be rebuilt in weeks, just for someone to take an hour or two to give us the answers we were promised.

Kamuix99
12-11-11, 12:45

I thought that this would come, for it was the case before. Let's put the hard facts together.

- Reakktor Media GmbH is no longer in a state of bankruptcy. The insolvency had been closed and finished DETAILS (http://massively.joystiq.com/2009/11/06/reakktor-media-financial-woes-resolved-full-speed-ahead-for-bla/)
- Reakktro Media GmbH sold all brand- and publishing rights to Black Prophecy to Gamigo AG DETAILS (http://worthplaying.com/article/2011/1/27/news/79521/)
- Gamigo AG achieved a 19.9% share of Reakktor Media GmbH
- Due the Paypal Problems, existing NC accounts have been temporarily set to free to play (see here (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2143263&postcount=1)) All other accounts are being billed as normal.
- Kirk Lenke is the CEO of Reakktor Media GmbH
- Kirk stated on 29.08.2011 "Promise! I will go through this thread within the next days and answer some of your questions and get back to you into a proper discussion!"

So these are the basics that we have to consider when debatting, not more and not less.

-> Gamigo AG bought Black Prophecy from Reakktor Media GmbH and hires them for further developement
-> Gamigo did not buy Neocron and also doesn't have a blocking minorty on KK (blocking minority would require 25% share at least)
-> We are customers that temporarily on a decision of KK don't have to pay due to account problems. Some of us though still pay monthly subscription
-> It is in KKs own interest to retain full account & payment operation asap, especially recent forum discussions showed that many people are still willing to pay for a working NC
-> It is in Kirks own interest to keep his promises in order to retain his credibility as CEO of Reakktor for current and future customers.
-> Reakktors survival is not endangered, as mentioned above the insolvency has been closed and they successfully sold all rights of Black Prophecy to Gamigo

So if anyone of you still know any valid reason why Kirk/KK doesn't answer, feel free to post them. :)

tarasm
12-11-11, 13:59
where are thee?

Dribble Joy
12-11-11, 16:59
Unless I've missed something, KK still cannot work on NC other than in their own time.

Fair enough I wasn't aware that some accounts are still billed, I thought the insolvency effectively froze KK's accounts and they weren't allowed to take money from any source, PayPal or not. That said though, I haven't come across anyone who's still paying.

And I still say there's not much 'reason' for Kirk to say anything. Yes it's in his interest, but there's no contractual/legal imperative, which is more what I was getting at.

//edit:
Yes I do care about this game; I love it and I want it to get better and continue into the future. I just don't see why people are getting so riled up and frankly, abusive.

Biglines
12-11-11, 17:04
Unless I've missed something, KK still cannot work on NC other than in their own time.
Not really, they never said this, they just said they don't pay the devs for their work on neocron. They never confirmed any of our suspicions about BP, except that they were too "buzy" with bp, not that they aren't allowed to work on nc. Hell, they even specifically told us they WERE working on nc.

Danae
12-11-11, 17:30
Look, I killed the last thread that degraded into this shite. There is a thread for Kirk's questions thanks to Biglines (and it will remain for questions and responses only), I have emailed it to him, when he is able he will respond. Until then the conjecture and accusations are just tired and old. No one is ignoring any of you and if Kirk hasn't been on here to answer the questions there's a good reason.

Since Chenoa is the Community Leader and should be acting as a liaison between Reakktor and the community - why don't you start emailing her and asking her what's going on? Kirk is the CEO of Reakktor, not a GM or a forum mod who is constantly here.