PDA

View Full Version : Voices

Ashley003
01-10-11, 23:14
Heyo all, so I just replayed the Neocron Offline Demo (memories!) and I noticed there was voice acting in it, and in 'Cron 2 there isn't, however I remember the music in 'Cron 2 was bugged so that it wouldn't play unless you set the game to Windows XP compatibility mode, so I was wondering, does Neocron 2 have voices too and mine aren't playing or is it just the 'Cron offline demo that has them?

Dribble Joy
02-10-11, 00:48
There's no dialogue voice work in NC other than the sector announcements/advertisements, just the demo.

As far as I know, there never has been either.

Danae
02-10-11, 00:52
And just in case you care, I'm the voice in the offline demo! :D

Ashley003
02-10-11, 01:19
And just in case you care, I'm the voice in the offline demo! :D

Ah yes I saw someone posted that somewhere, you're a good voice actor, I was wondering who did the voice while I was playing too. xD

Very good demo, sadly it crashes after a short while on my PC, so I've never actually completed it, but it's still a brilliant demo, I think I've asked this before but does anyone know how to get the NC1 interface into NC2?

MrDomino
02-10-11, 03:52
Is there somewhere that I can download the demo? I'd like to play through it again.

William Antrim
02-10-11, 13:45
I dont think you can ashley. I think this has been asked before. There are certain hud customisations available but not sure you can use the old hud. I wish you could.

When I dream about NC its always in the old hud. :S

Ashley003
02-10-11, 13:52
I dont think you can ashley. I think this has been asked before. There are certain hud customisations available but not sure you can use the old hud. I wish you could.

When I dream about NC its always in the old hud. :S

'Cron 1 looks so much better than NC2, some of the weapons looked a bit crappy in 'Cron 1 but the interface and environments looked so much better.

Ashley003
02-10-11, 13:53
Is there somewhere that I can download the demo? I'd like to play through it again.

http://www.fileplanet.com/110059/download/Neocron-Offline-Demo-Tutorial-v1.01

You can download it from there. :)

William Antrim
02-10-11, 19:07
Some of the old sound effects were alot beefier too. The CS being the main one. When you got hit with that, man you knew about it.

Ashley003
03-10-11, 00:27
Some of the old sound effects were alot beefier too. The CS being the main one. When you got hit with that, man you knew about it.

The street rifle noise was so much better I remember, whats a CS?

Brammers
03-10-11, 00:30
http://www.fileplanet.com/110059/download/Neocron-Offline-Demo-Tutorial-v1.01

You can download it from there. :)

It's on the THN as well - http://www.techhaven.org/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,132/task,doc_details/gid,89/ May be faster than fileplanet.

I've just tried to run the demo on Win 7, but it's freezing up after I escape from the Cyro chamber. Anyone got it working on Win 7 64bit?

Also just found the Copbot sound files in \Program Files (x86)\Neocron Offline Demo\sound\Vox\Cop - I like Copdeath2-rep.wav :)

And for those who like to listen to Danae sexy voice, head to \Program Files (x86)\Neocron Offline Demo\sound\Vox\Tutorial ;)

james_finn
03-10-11, 00:45
Wow you learn a new thing every day - I did not know Danae was the voice from the offline demo!

William Antrim
03-10-11, 01:30
Cursed Soul. Rare Plasma Cannon.

Ashley003
03-10-11, 01:47
It's on the THN as well - http://www.techhaven.org/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,132/task,doc_details/gid,89/ May be faster than fileplanet.

I've just tried to run the demo on Win 7, but it's freezing up after I escape from the Cyro chamber. Anyone got it working on Win 7 64bit?

Also just found the Copbot sound files in \Program Files (x86)\Neocron Offline Demo\sound\Vox\Cop - I like Copdeath2-rep.wav :)

And for those who like to listen to Danae sexy voice, head to \Program Files (x86)\Neocron Offline Demo\sound\Vox\Tutorial ;)

I get freezing and crashing too but it happens are inconsistent points, never at the same place. Try running it in compatibility mode.

I also agree that Danae has a sexy voice. xD

Drachenpaladin
03-10-11, 02:30
Sadly i only have the german voice over :/

And i can run it on Win7 64x .. but i have an other problem. I cant pick up the constructor-tool.

Brammers
03-10-11, 02:34

And i can run it on Win7 64x .. but i have an other problem. I cant pick up the constructor-tool.

I had that problem. What I did was re-assign the keys, including the use key. Think that fixed it for me.

Ashley003
03-10-11, 02:37

I also had it bug and wouldn't let me pick anything up. Restarting it seemed to fix it for me though. :P