PDA

View Full Version : A Problem And A Question

Ashley003
14-09-11, 12:50
Heyo all, so instead of making 2 threads for two different things I might aswell make one thread for 2 things.

Anyways, the problem: I have a laptop (Acer Aspire 5630 I believe), and I have installed 'Cron on it, but when I launch it (as in pressing play on the launcher) it opens a black window for about a second named Neocron 2 and then closes straight away. Anyone know why?

And the question: Is there anyway to customise the HUD in Neocron 2, and any way to get the Neocron 1 HUD?

Biglines
14-09-11, 13:03
if you're using chrome, either close chrome, or shut down the flash process (shift esc, and close the shockwave process)
neocron isn't happy with adobe software apparently, it used to crash certain apps, and lately neocron doesn't work if you have chrome open with the flash process going.

Elric
14-09-11, 13:35
Forum search is your friend for Customising the HUD, yes, It can be done.

And what the big yin said for the crashing, yer all set :)

Ashley003
14-09-11, 13:55
neocron isn't happy with adobe software apparently, it used to crash certain apps, and lately neocron doesn't work if you have chrome open with the flash process going.

I believe I had Adobe Reader running. So I'll close that and see if that works. Cheers!

Brammers
14-09-11, 14:04
The HUD forum is hiding a little in the Player Guides & Questions forum - Or here - http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=174 :)

Ashley003
14-09-11, 14:34
Checked my computer and no Adobe programs were running, still didn't work though. Any more suggestions?

General Crazy
14-09-11, 15:16
if you open the launcher and click on "Configuration" then on "Configure Hardware" does the box open up for to configure the video card and sound?

Ashley003
14-09-11, 15:29
if you open the launcher and click on "Configuration" then on "Configure Hardware" does the box open up for to configure the video card and sound?

Nope. I've also tried checking file integrity and reinstalling but with no luck :(

Biglines
14-09-11, 15:32
Checked my computer and no Adobe programs were running, still didn't work though. Any more suggestions?
but do you have chrome or an application that uses flash running? (firefox seems to work fine, but chrome will crash your neocron client)

also, try running it as administrator, and putting the whole neocron2 folder on a different disk (if you have one), or in your documents folder if you haven't

Brammers
14-09-11, 15:32
Nope. I've also tried checking file integrity and reinstalling but with no luck :(

Maybe a silly question, but you have installed DirectX?

phunqe
14-09-11, 15:45
Yeah DirectX could be the problem, since Windows 7 installations do not include the old versions required by NC :)

General Crazy
14-09-11, 15:47
I have the same problem on my laptop it is because the drivers have no directx 9 support, from looking at the info about your laptop I would guess you are running Windows XP so lets check the directx information go to "Start" -> "Run -> type "dxdiag" in the box -> hit "OK", when the directx diagnostic tool opens up what does it say for DirectX Version? is it version 9 if so click on Display and there should be 3 tests listed with buttons beside them can you run them all or are there ones that are greyed out? If some are greyed out your drivers don't support DirectX 9 so you need to see if you can find a driver that supports DirectX 9.

*Note* I personally never got it working on my laptop as I could not find a driver with proper support for directx 9.

Ashley003
14-09-11, 16:02
I have the same problem on my laptop it is because the drivers have no directx 9 support, from looking at the info about your laptop I would guess you are running Windows XP so lets check the directx information go to "Start" -> "Run -> type "dxdiag" in the box -> hit "OK", when the directx diagnostic tool opens up what does it say for DirectX Version? is it version 9 if so click on Display and there should be 3 tests listed with buttons beside them can you run them all or are there ones that are greyed out? If some are greyed out your drivers don't support DirectX 9 so you need to see if you can find a driver that supports DirectX 9.

*Note* I personally never got it working on my laptop as I could not find a driver with proper support for directx 9.

I don't use Chrome so it can't be that, I tried moving it to my documents folder and that didn't work, And my laptop is Windows 7 with DirectX 11, however my laptop is from before even DirectX 10 was made so it supports DirectX 9.

phunqe
14-09-11, 16:12
I don't use Chrome so it can't be that, I tried moving it to my documents folder and that didn't work, And my laptop is Windows 7 with DirectX 11, however my laptop is from before even DirectX 10 was made so it supports DirectX 9.

Yes, but if you have installed Windows 7 you have to manually install the DirectX package (at least I had to do that).

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Ashley003
14-09-11, 20:45
Yes, but if you have installed Windows 7 you have to manually install the DirectX package (at least I had to do that).

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Just tried that and it didn't work. It said I have a newer version of DirectX so installation isn't necessary.

CMaster
14-09-11, 20:54
Tried starting in window mode?
You'll have to run in DX7 mode I think, pretty sure that the Intel GMA graphics on your laptop don't support hardware T&L.
Also, sometimes Neocron mucks up the precahing, there's a file to delete to fix that, but pretty sure that only causes a crash after picking a server and a character.

Ashley003
14-09-11, 21:24
Tried starting in window mode?
You'll have to run in DX7 mode I think, pretty sure that the Intel GMA graphics on your laptop don't support hardware T&L.
Also, sometimes Neocron mucks up the precahing, there's a file to delete to fix that, but pretty sure that only causes a crash after picking a server and a character.

How do I run it in DX7 mode?

CMaster
14-09-11, 21:34
Config > Configure Hardware > Driver
Pick the one that says D3D7 Something

flib
14-09-11, 21:54
Apparently the configure hardware window doesn't even come up, so that won't be possible.

Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics?

Also, as far as HUDs go, this guy's are my favorite:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=144402
Right now, I'm using the ECS one.

Ashley003
14-09-11, 22:10
Apparently the configure hardware window doesn't even come up, so that won't be possible.

Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics?

Also, as far as HUDs go, this guy's are my favorite:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=144402
Right now, I'm using the ECS one.

I've tried looking for the latest drivers for my whole laptop but because its old, a piece of s*** and obscure I can't them.

flib
14-09-11, 22:38
What graphics chipset does it have?

CMaster
14-09-11, 22:44
Intel GMA950 the internet says.

I'm not entirely convinced NC will ever play on that, but we'll see.

Also, 5630 driver page (http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_5630.html)

zii
14-09-11, 23:30
I tried to run NC on a Sony TZ in about 2005. It has the same Intel GMA950. It was very difficult to play (20-30FPS), but it also had a very low-spec Intel Solo cpu. Coupled together it was not happening.

Ashley003
15-09-11, 01:22
Intel GMA950 the internet says.

I'm not entirely convinced NC will ever play on that, but we'll see.

Also, 5630 driver page (http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_5630.html)

Yeah my Laptop's a piece of crap, Anarchy Online doesn't even run on it! My bro said he's gonna sell me his old laptop for £400 which is a gaming laptop, can't wait. ;D