PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Earth. Think I'm going give it another try.

kane
12-09-11, 09:51
I have not played in years really pretty much since it was released. As far as I know they keep pushing updates after updates and the community small but not tiny. And their going be coming out with a F2P next month meaning a lot more players.

Ashley003
12-09-11, 12:54
Same here, I think I'll give it another go sometime soon. See how it's holding up, it was a great MMO back when it released but since I found Neocron I fear it wont be able to hold up to 'Cron.

Biglines
12-09-11, 13:14
hmm, I played right up to the end of the beta, then quit because I was disgusted at the state they wanted to release the game in. You're saying it has gotten worse after release?

Ashley003
12-09-11, 14:13
hmm, I played right up to the end of the beta, then quit because I was disgusted at the state they wanted to release the game in. You're saying it has gotten worse after release?

From what I remember when I last played it has gotten much better if anything, but Neocron I find is a much better game.

phunqe
12-09-11, 14:38
Is there still no free (as in anywhere) PvP?

CMaster
12-09-11, 15:37
Is there still no free (as in anywhere) PvP?

Unless they changed it, there was when I last played months and months ago. You just have to set your PvP flag (I think it's as simple as /PvP) and away you go, PvP anywhere except Lifenet.

Jodo
12-09-11, 16:05
Yeah you can still set yourself to PvP. I don't see many doing that but I am still in the first sector. No doubt there will be a lot more in the second and third.
I'm thoroughly enjoying it and there seems to be a lot of new players banging on the door waiting for F2P.

Kamuix99
12-09-11, 21:18
I quit Fallen Earth some months ago. To put it straight, the devs kept promising things like ************************ and came around with nothing. People who played FE will know that weapons were unbalanced from start on and still nothing was done about that. The specialization into mutations and Factions totally got lost and now Factions doesn't matter anymore. Despite released in 2009 it didn't offer dynamic armoring as Neocron had from start on. PVP is pointless there, no real goals, no real rewards, no lasting fame.

So to make it short, if you fancy some pseudo western hillbilly MMO for RPing, the game does you well. If you want to go beyond that, keep off your fingers.

eNTi
12-09-11, 22:59
it's shit. the combat feels awkward AT BEST and the ap grind is unbelievably stupid. i still wonder, where that "complex crafting" system went? i thought wow had more to offer crafting wise.

Ashley003
13-09-11, 00:07
it's shit. the combat feels awkward AT BEST and the ap grind is unbelievably stupid. i still wonder, where that "complex crafting" system went? i thought wow had more to offer crafting wise.

I disagree, the crafting system was great, only topped by Neocron's crafting system (and maybe EVE's), I also found the combat to be fine.

Biglines
13-09-11, 01:49
I disagree, the crafting system was great, only topped by Neocron's crafting system (and maybe EVE's), I also found the combat to be fine.
I disagree, the combat in fallen earth was just abysmal, at least it was in beta, and from what I've seen from videos it's just as bad now.

The crafting system wasn't bad though

Ashley003
13-09-11, 03:14
I disagree, the combat in fallen earth was just abysmal, at least it was in beta, and from what I've seen from videos it's just as bad now.

The crafting system wasn't bad though

Maybe it's that I haven't played it in ages but I liked the combat system. The only downside was the crossbows which made the game really difficult and unbalanced.

Doc Holliday
13-09-11, 10:25
The only downside was the crossbows which made the game really difficult and unbalanced.

seen that happen here too :)

Ashley003
13-09-11, 13:04
seen that happen here too :)

In Neocron? With what weapon?

I'm gonna assume the low level street rifles, they did make it a bit unbalanced.

Or the starter drone, which is bugged and doesn't work unless at point blank range.

CMaster
13-09-11, 13:10
The crossbows aren't actually that bad, some of them are pretty good. However they added in air rifles now, as newbie rifle equivalents of the zip guns.

Ashley003
13-09-11, 13:15
The crossbows aren't actually that bad, some of them are pretty good. However they added in air rifles now, as newbie rifle equivalents of the zip guns.

Indeed. Which is good because the game got really frustrating with beginner crossbows.

Kamuix99
13-09-11, 19:07
The crafting in Fallen Earth had some charme, because the components were something you could imagine or identify with. Some pieces of rubber, glass, iron pieces, tell a player more then Component Beta XY1001F3A.

The combat however was undynamic from the beginning. Even with NPCs, you could hit one only at the beginning and then again after they got up to close combat range. The time between it was impossible to track em due to crappy animations. Armor last forever and healtank is the only option. Weapons are totally unbalanced with melee beeing the best at endgame, Pistols doing good DPS and Rifles beeing practically only good for NPCs.

eNTi
13-09-11, 21:20
i don't see the appeal of fe's crafting. they said, it was unbelievably complex, like a mixture from eve and swg. i found it boring and lacking. you can't really do much other than just wait for stuff to get finished. i played a crafter and salvaged everything i could find. it was pure grind and unbelievably inflexible.

the quests were just standard wow go there kill stuff/retrieve item quests and worst of all they sent you to the same location up to 5 times. it was so frustratingly boring.

Doc Holliday
14-09-11, 08:35
In Neocron? With what weapon?

I'm gonna assume the low level street rifles, they did make it a bit unbalanced.

Or the starter drone, which is bugged and doesn't work unless at point blank range.

haha. sorry ash let me explain. back when the first woc weapons got released one that was offered for pistol users was the crossbow. the woc xbow. it was seriously OP. people who were shit at pvp could rape you. the good ones were down right scary. it was like playing normal weapons team deathmatch vs someone using an instagib rifle ala one hit your in the shit. i got my ass handed to me several times purely because of the xbow problem.

i just thought it was humourous it happened elsewhere.

Ashley003
14-09-11, 12:44
haha. sorry ash let me explain. back when the first woc weapons got released one that was offered for pistol users was the crossbow. the woc xbow. it was seriously OP. people who were shit at pvp could rape you. the good ones were down right scary. it was like playing normal weapons team deathmatch vs someone using an instagib rifle ala one hit your in the shit. i got my ass handed to me several times purely because of the xbow problem.

i just thought it was humourous it happened elsewhere.

Ah, I see. I take it they've fixed the crossbows by now?

Also, instagib rifles. Brings back good memories from my childhood. Unreal Tournament on Morpheus, instagib rifle on, so fun. :D

flib
14-09-11, 21:47
They fixed it a little too much.

Ashley003
15-09-11, 03:04
They fixed it a little too much.

Nerfed 'em?

flib
15-09-11, 04:10
Not quite, but still barely viable I think. I've seen like one guy using it since 2.2. I've never had one myself, so I can't say for sure how bad it is.

Doc Holliday
15-09-11, 05:56
Also, instagib rifles. Brings back good memories from my childhood. Unreal Tournament on Morpheus, instagib rifle on, so fun. :D

<3 i figured by the deus ex pic in your avatar you would get that reference too ;)

Deck17 insta. awesome funz. :)

Ashley003
15-09-11, 13:04
<3 i figured by the deus ex pic in your avatar you would get that reference too ;)

Deck17 insta. awesome funz. :)

Deck 17 was great! Do you remember the map which was like on a big space ship and you could climb about on the outside? Loved that map too. And the map with the crane was great too but Morpheus was the best map hands down.
Stick on instagib, invisibility and chainsaws, great fun. :D

Doc Holliday
16-09-11, 06:35
Deck 17 was great! Do you remember the map which was like on a big space ship and you could climb about on the outside? Loved that map too. And the map with the crane was great too but Morpheus was the best map hands down.
Stick on instagib, invisibility and chainsaws, great fun. :D

nope. i remember getting pwned on it by a guy with no pronouncable name. it was all ^*&#)@$%@# or somethin. he came in raped everyone and left cause we were bad. i remember the map well but not the name at all.

Crane? no idea ash sorry. i played more 2k4 than ut99. however facing worlds was, is and will always be the greatest ctf map for pure unabashed killing that there ever will be. i loved that map hiding in the flag room defending the flag haha. i got pwned so bad so many times early on but i still stuck at it.

Ashley003
16-09-11, 12:25
nope. i remember getting pwned on it by a guy with no pronouncable name. it was all ^*&#)@$%@# or somethin. he came in raped everyone and left cause we were bad. i remember the map well but not the name at all.

Crane? no idea ash sorry. i played more 2k4 than ut99. however facing worlds was, is and will always be the greatest ctf map for pure unabashed killing that there ever will be. i loved that map hiding in the flag room defending the flag haha. i got pwned so bad so many times early on but i still stuck at it.

Loved Facing Worlds, so cool with the Strangelove Mod (allows you to ride redeemer like missiles, inspired by Major Kong in Dr Strangelove). Also the map was called DM-Phobos, and it wasn't a spaceship, but a space station, my mistake. :P