PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Mob?

Tratos
30-08-11, 20:35
Having a serious nostalgia trip recently based on Neocron has had me thinking of all sorts of NC things, particularly the fun I used to have leveling up and what I fought along the way.

Neocron has some awesome monsters, sure the graphics are old and grey but the designs of some of the decade old monster models are sweet.

I think my favorite mob would have to be the Launcher Cyclops (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Launcher_Cyclops). The model is cool, the monster concept is cool and if that mob was rendered and textured using modern technology it would be pretty hideous to look at. In a good way, obviously.

http://wiki.techhaven.org/images/b/b1/LauncherCyclops.jpg
D'awww look at the little guy. He just wants to be loved.

I remember hiding in the corner of the Military Base bunker as a noob, listening to the Launchers outside with their occasional speech sound effect fearing for my life. It was terrifying when one of them tried to squeeze through the door to come get you!

What more could you want, a guy who's so radiated and mutated his legs and arms fell off - so someone grafted on a hover platform and a rocket launcher the size of his torso. Talk about quality of life!

What's your favorite Neocron Monster?

CMaster
30-08-11, 21:08
DoY Assault Unit MkII

Seriously, I'm not so sure. Probably one of the robotic mobs of some form - was initially thinking Juggernauts, but I think I just like the facility - the warbot design as a whole is a bit weak. Although the apparition is also kind of cool because of how it fucks with your head.

Oh, in before lots of posts just saying "Drom"

Brammers
30-08-11, 21:21
:D

Trouble is most mobs I saw for the first time in Neocron has had me a) Running for my life or b) Paying an expensive fee at a genrep.

Not sure which is my most favorite mob to be honest. Think it has to be the Warbot, for giving me all those techs in sector J05

Dribble Joy
30-08-11, 21:46
Always liked Doomreapers for some reason....

silent000
30-08-11, 21:49
DoY Assault Unit MkII

The one mob I was terrified of! He murdered you from the shadows...

Biglines
30-08-11, 23:24
hehe i actually started on a launcher cyclops high res model, for fun, animation or 3dprinting :p

L0KI
30-08-11, 23:42
Love the MB region; Launchers & Warbots. Hunting launchers at the bunker with a team of 12, then all ganging up on the warbot was great fun. I love that whole area :)

L0KI
31-08-11, 00:04
STUFF

PS - Hi Q :D (you'll always be Q to me...)

Very long time no speak.

Tratos
31-08-11, 12:49
hehe i actually started on a launcher cyclops high res model, for fun, animation or 3dprinting :p
Doooooo it :p

I also quite like some of the random named mobs like the giant lizard which lives somewhere in the I sectors and is still like 24/24 even though he's unique. Random stuff like that makes exploration well worth it.

Swamp shamans are cool too, although that's based 100% on the fact he sounds like he's saying "Moreee teeaaa?" when he groans.

PS Hi Fang :D I'm still Q to most people! I totally need to get back into the game, installing the client when I get my freshly reformatted PC to access my bloody network storage.

It's been a very long time since I spoke to a lot of the FLUX crew :( good to see you're back (again, again, again :p) even if it's just on the boards!

L0KI
31-08-11, 14:03

I also quite like some of the random named mobs like the giant lizard which lives somewhere in the I sectors and is still like 24/24 even though he's unique. Random stuff like that makes exploration well worth it.

Swamp shamans are cool too, although that's based 100% on the fact he sounds like he's saying "Moreee teeaaa?" when he groans.

PS Hi Fang :D I'm still Q to most people! I totally need to get back into the game, installing the client when I get my freshly reformatted PC to access my bloody network storage.

It's been a very long time since I spoke to a lot of the FLUX crew :( good to see you're back (again, again, again :p) even if it's just on the boards!

I'm in game from time to time; slowly levelling up a spy. Very slowly though!

I never really left anyway; just had a break. I bet I've checked these boards every day for the past 3-4 years :)

Biglines
31-08-11, 14:07

Atm too busy modelling for the ceres project, but if more people are interested I can look into the legal aspect of doing some statues

Powerpunsh
31-08-11, 14:43
Who did that video with that red Chaincraft model and a launcher cyclop saying "Raawwwwrrr, cmon..." :D

I love this cute little Mech bots. Dont remember the name and too busy to check it out. :P

btw: wasnt the DoY Assault Unit MkII the one which oneshots a whole fullbuffed team? Or do you mean that ambulance looking thing? :D

Mr_Snow
31-08-11, 14:57
Fang empty PM inbox plens! Also get on skype occasionally

L0KI
31-08-11, 15:00
PM inbox empty; and I am always on Skype...

I wonder if you have my old login...
Will PM it you

Dribble Joy
31-08-11, 15:23
Random stuff like that makes exploration well worth it.

I recently did a bit of Warbot hunting in J_02; simply for the fact that I hadn't done any in ages. Not being as profitable as fire mobbing and more dangerous, I decided to go back to the steppes.
However, I was on my quad, so I decided, rather than simply GR over, I'd drive there, along the roads. Hunting as I went.
I went west, turning north in I_06, around to the north of Emmerson. Exploring the little ruined villages, outposts and towers, hacking the boxes in each. I realised the road was a dead-end at the OP, so I hopped over to Avenger, through the mountains and down the other side.
I took a pit-stop at The Twister to repair the quad as it had been badly damaged while being used as cover from Warbots and Sentry Spiders.
Unfortunately a few sectors later while examining what I thought was an RN station (turns out was the signpost to a fallout shelter), a hoverbot that was obscured by the tree canopy fried my arse and I had to get poked and walk back to the quad from El Farid. Eventually I came down the road down the hill on the north-west of Blackhill and on towards my usual hunting ground.

Took a lot longer, but quite fun. I'm actually tempted to stop using GRs now, and walk/drive everywhere.

Brammers
31-08-11, 15:26
Who did that video with that red Chaincraft model and a launcher cyclop saying "Raawwwwrrr, cmon..." :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzUBhzLQzjY Cmaster did the filming, me the driving and there are some other special guest stars in that video!

P.S. The HH Wheeler V2 was supplied by Phoenix ltd. (Ahh the days!!)

Dribble Joy
31-08-11, 15:42
Oohh... Where is Mr Big Warbot by the way? Never actually seen it yet...

Tratos
31-08-11, 15:44
lol I'm here every day as well, staring into space being all nostalgic!

That's pretty cool Dribble Joy, i'd forgotten about the Wasteland Twister and the Fallout Shelter. As for the giant warbot, he's in I_14 I think?

William Antrim
31-08-11, 17:02
Yes I-14.

I liked the shaman in the Swamp Caves personally.

L0KI
31-08-11, 17:15
Yes I-14.

I liked the shaman in the Swamp Caves personally.

Now that one brought back memories :)

The cave queen was pretty badass, too.

Jodo
01-09-11, 15:50
I've always liked the Terror Raptor. It seems to have a bit more detail to it than some other mobs and makes an awesome trophy.

Aggie Caps are a close 2nd just because I had such a fun time with my friends in the cellars back in N1 when we were all noobs. Being a noob is so enjoyable with everything still to discover.

flib
01-09-11, 16:54
Oh, in before lots of posts just saying "Drom"
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/003/e/5/The_Small_Drom_by_DetectiveAnonymous.jpg (http://detectiveanonymous.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=drom#/d1shr4u)

Chuck Norris
02-09-11, 07:54
The Phoenix CPU
http://wiki.techhaven.org/images/d/d2/Phoenixcpu.jpg
as far as im concerned the only kinda cool thing about hacknet.

Chuck Norris
02-09-11, 07:56
Genotoxic Nightmare
http://wiki.techhaven.org/images/thumb/1/10/Genotoxic_Nightmare.jpg/800px-Genotoxic_Nightmare.jpg

William Antrim
02-09-11, 18:36
[ edited ]

hybok
02-09-11, 20:55
Its called like a swamp mage rider or something...

it makes funny noises! I woudlnt kno where to find one.. otherwise id fraps and put it up.. its fantastic thing :) ill maybe go on the hunt for one heh.

-I

hybok
02-09-11, 21:47
voila

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qVcc4p7Q4

i can imagine geeky germans screaming into microphones to make these noises^

Faid
02-09-11, 23:34
o.O
http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/9/9e/MurlocRaneman.jpg

[K1]Luke
03-09-11, 23:00
I'm actually tempted to stop using GRs now, and walk/drive everywhere.

'Dribble Joy: WTB 5 slot weapons - paying extremely well!!'

'Random noob: I have one of every rare with 5 slots, but you have to come to MB!'

'Dribble Joy: Ah f**k' :)

My favourite mob, or in this case NPC, is the StormBot. I just love 'em!

William Antrim
04-09-11, 22:42
Haha Faid. I was thinking of posting something about Alliance players in this thread but wasnt sure how many would get the reference.

flib
05-09-11, 05:29
Haha Faid. I was thinking of posting something about Alliance players in this thread but wasnt sure how many would get the reference.
Alliance? Horde? Who gives a shit? They all look fucking stupid.

Faid
05-09-11, 19:14
lol I just thought it was funny because everyone went apeshit over murlocks for some reason :p
It's hard to pin down a favorite nc mob though, i always liked the giant four legged half man creature mob at point red and the noise he would make.

Iceflower
05-09-11, 21:55
Hoverstations. While not the most impressive stuff NC has to offer, I like the idea of an independent AI doing its own thing. While the suggested superior AI probably controlling the individual stations sounds more like Skynet, they still vaguely remind me of the starships in Iain Banks' Culture-series for some reason, I just cannot help it.

Also, Swamp Mages. I still recall my first encounter with one, only two or three levels above my own level back then, and I just had to try whether I could kill him / her / it. And then that thing started spawning creatures - and kept spawning them. I still got it down, but the Swamp Mage's private army turned the encounter into a battle of epic proportions.

Doc Holliday
06-09-11, 12:21
lol I just thought it was funny because everyone went apeshit over murlocks for some reason :p
It's hard to pin down a favorite nc mob though, i always liked the giant four legged half man creature mob at point red and the noise he would make.

what was the name of the metal band that made the track called "I am a murlock" i think it was even an unlockable track on one of the guitar hero games. so bad yet so funny. it even had that noise they made in it.

Warbot. definitely loved the judge dredd feel. they are totally cyberpunk. i love em. the trophys look fuckin cool too.

Edit: probably deserve to get banned for this but here goes :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHgRAlkpxJw the link for the video. even if you dont like the track the video is pretty fuckin funny. seeing the characters playing instruments is hilarious.

ps. did anyone see the real live action sequence ie short movie of MW3. its got actors playing sheperd price and soap. its actually not that bad if you can get over the voice actors being shit and the actor playing soap lookin like he dropped it :) i will see if i can find a link.

Dribble Joy
06-09-11, 15:46

The one that's just like all the other Arachnids in the desert apart from the name?

William Antrim
06-09-11, 20:38
I liked Doomreapers the most. Mostly cos they could be killed easily and usually used to drop rares. Oh what a great time that used to be.

NC1 I miss you.

Dribble Joy
06-09-11, 21:50
Doomies still drop techs.

William Antrim
07-09-11, 13:22
Doomies still drop techs.

yeah but pve is so much more difficult now. I dont like that part much. I liked the old ways of doing things where you didnt need a ppu to go do anything. Admittedly the game has evolved since i last logged in but solo levelling now seems to be.... well.... dull. It used to be ok because you could take your rares back to a resser and have them swapped before you got ripped off. Now I just feel like spending all that time shooting a mob and getting no rares is a rip off instead.

Doc Holliday
08-09-11, 09:53
yeah but pve is so much more difficult now. I dont like that part much. I liked the old ways of doing things where you didnt need a ppu to go do anything. Admittedly the game has evolved since i last logged in but solo levelling now seems to be.... well.... dull. It used to be ok because you could take your rares back to a resser and have them swapped before you got ripped off. Now I just feel like spending all that time shooting a mob and getting no rares is a rip off instead.

tank with rav > doomreaper. its just when the shit hits the fan and he has 3 grim persecutor friends that wanna come and play with you too that it gets messy. i have died looting a doomreaper the last time i played because of this.

getting a huge urge to go and have another go in a moment though.

William Antrim
08-09-11, 17:38
tank with rav > doomreaper. its just when the shit hits the fan and he has 3 grim persecutor friends that wanna come and play with you too that it gets messy. i have died looting a doomreaper the last time i played because of this.

getting a huge urge to go and have another go in a moment though.

new account?

I got some cd keys at home. I can get the keys posted.

Danae said she would help with the account creation.

Celebrity deathmatch time?

Doc Holliday
09-09-11, 07:01
ok. definitely. send for a friend. :)

sundays is gonna be a good time. wanna try see how ping holds up tho in neofrag for pvp cause i dont wanna be limited to grinding shit and not getting my gank on :)