PDA

View Full Version : CD version vs download question

Howler
20-08-11, 15:15
I was playing the other day and suddenly thought to myself what happened to the music. I have the CD version in my wardrobe but actuly have the downloaded version installed. Is it worth installing the CD version? Does that have the music on it? or did they just get rid of that after NC 1.

Elric
20-08-11, 15:22
download version has the music all in mp3 format in the install folder, doesnt seem to play in game though. Noticed it and played some the other day, some of the tracks are really good too.

L0KI
23-08-11, 10:53
download version has the music all in mp3 format in the install folder, doesnt seem to play in game though. Noticed it and played some the other day, some of the tracks are really good too.

How strange!!!

The music works fine for me in game, and I have the download version!

Howler
23-08-11, 13:14
I have windows 7 installed maybe it does not like something about that. I always have to run it as administrator or it wont even start. Its not a big deal really I just noticed it. I listen to some of the music tracks when I am surfing the net or doing other things sometimes. Its nice music.

Trivaldi
23-08-11, 13:38
I believe there's quite a bit on sound in this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140582) when playing Neocron on Windows Vista/7.

Howler
23-08-11, 14:01
Thanks Trivalidi all I needed to do was enable XP SP2 Compatibility Mode and run as usual with administator. It plays the music fine now. Never had any other problems.

Elric
23-08-11, 15:49
Nice one, thanks Trivaldi :)

I'll adjusty me settings tonight

Biglines
23-08-11, 17:53
I have win 7 64 bit, all I had to do was move it to a non-system folder, no administrator or compatibility mode involved. Well I have to close down the flash plugin in Chrome, but that's it.

Elric
24-08-11, 10:46
same as myself, non-system folder etc. all the usual for gaming on win7 but I had no music. Sfx were fine of course.
Switched ot to run as admin and XP Compatability now and music is working ingame now too.

On a related (sound) note, anyone know if Alchemy for creative cards to get surround sound working ingame works or know of any settings or *.ini changes that can be made to do similar?

Biglines
24-08-11, 13:48
it's very unlikely that the game supports surround sound tbh

Elric
24-08-11, 23:35
ye, even the Alchemy+ adjustments dont seem to help much...

ah well, wishful thinking i guess lol

Genji
26-08-11, 04:28
How about this problem..my sound is fine all the time untill someone shoots an xbow then it just goes into a rages storm of extremly loud static untill I close nc and any other programs dealing with sound such as media players and VoIP,

flib
26-08-11, 14:56
Sounds like you need to free up some memory.
Edit: or if you're using a creative sound card, set the profile to gaming, rather than entertainment or something.

Danae
26-08-11, 15:12
Seeing all these dear old names makes me want to hop on and play ^^

Ashley003
12-09-11, 04:17
Wow! I never noticed that there was no music, now I've got it working the game is so much better. :D