PDA

View Full Version : Syncing Out

Load
07-08-11, 10:00
Hey all,
was hoping some of you guys might be able to help me with probs the most annoying bug ive had so far! I recently moved house and ever since the move i randomly sync out every 10-20 minutes i play, not like randomly but it happens EVERY time I play! In terms of router setup in case thats the prob at my last flat I just had a Belkin Router and some tiny virgin media modem, now i have the vm 'Superhub' but with wifi turned off and the same belkin router attatched to deal with WiFi because i read somewhere the superhub was v unreliable and in fact i only got a 'local only' connection from its wifi. although it doesnt stop me playing any help on this matter would be great as its bloody annoying, especially at OP fights and regants :mad:
cheers

MrTrip
07-08-11, 18:57
Hey all,
was hoping some of you guys might be able to help me with probs the most annoying bug ive had so far! I recently moved house and ever since the move i randomly sync out every 10-20 minutes i play, not like randomly but it happens EVERY time I play! In terms of router setup in case thats the prob at my last flat I just had a Belkin Router and some tiny virgin media modem, now i have the vm 'Superhub' but with wifi turned off and the same belkin router attatched to deal with WiFi because i read somewhere the superhub was v unreliable and in fact i only got a 'local only' connection from its wifi. although it doesnt stop me playing any help on this matter would be great as its bloody annoying, especially at OP fights and regants :mad:
cheers

Eh, my suggestion would be try a new router. Do you completely lose internet when this happens?

In a command prompt.. ping -t google.com

Let that go while you play, if you all of a sudden sync, check the command prompt to see if you lost connection to everything...

Then yell at ISP.

Load
08-08-11, 10:51
I'm definately still connected to the internet im just losing connection to the game

MrTrip
08-08-11, 19:08
I'm definately still connected to the internet im just losing connection to the game

Computer firewall? Anti-Virus Software? Windows Firewall? Router firewall? Built in firewall in the ISPs modem?

Load
08-08-11, 19:25
how do i change and allow shit in the isps modem? i am technologoically retarded btw

MrTrip
08-08-11, 20:07
how do i change and allow shit in the isps modem? i am technologoically retarded btw

What type of service do you have? DSL? Cable? What brand and model is your modem?

Load
08-08-11, 21:01
Cable, im with virgin media (UK) and have the new so called 'super hub'
a quick google says its Netgear CG3101D

Biglines
08-08-11, 21:02
get rob to install u some type of remote administration software (or use the one built into msn or skype) and get him to check it out, probably faster than trying to figure it out yourself

MrTrip
09-08-11, 01:19
Cable, im with virgin media (UK) and have the new so called 'super hub'
a quick google says its Netgear CG3101D

Check your PMs

Load
09-08-11, 13:05
Cheers mrtrip I've just added you, tried being wired to the modem using those lan cables that you plug into the mains then another one from diff mains to my laptop, using the ping thing I don't lose connection to the internet on wifito my belkin router but wired to the superhub modem I am disconnecting which is weird

hybok
10-08-11, 11:31
Aye yeah hell at me when im back from work today, I think u said u were on today? I'll try and spend some time troubleshooting it for you.

This superhub doodad? I'm assuming that its a router with a built in modem? If it is.. i think that might be where your problem lies and where the problem will stay :P because u need a specific cable modem for use with virgin. I'm on 50mb virgin but i dont have that new superhub.. im sure ill be getting it sometime in the future as 100mb comes out and such.. so i guess its adventageos for me to start trying to make the damn thing work now.

catch ya later jimmy!

Load
10-08-11, 11:48
bit the bullet today and was on hold for 20 mins to virgin media but seems to be fixed, was pretty cool the guy just took over my entire pc moving my mouse around and shit hopefully this is it! he changed the channel to 11 instead of auto and changed something from upto 300 to upto 145 but its all way over my head

hybok
10-08-11, 12:12
Yes :P u should never use the default wireless band heh :)

okay excrement :) i can spend my time helping u level your apu then :p

PsiKo Rage
10-08-11, 12:25
In a command prompt.. ping -t google.com

this is wrong
if you are in the Command Prompt only one blank are then ping then a space then
www.google.de if they can not try a ping to the IP address of google to make if it ever
not looking to go into your router if ever is online at

PsiKo Rage
10-08-11, 12:27
If all this does not help buying a fritzbox ^^

Load
10-08-11, 13:21
3 phone calls later its something to do with the IPv4 ip which has now changed so fingers crossed itll work now!

Biglines
10-08-11, 13:23
lol sure, blame it on ipv4... if they haven't bought enough ip addresses that's their problem, not yours ;)

hybok
10-08-11, 14:21
Hmm :P

ull have to give me a more thourough explaination when i get back from work

coz uve lost me now :).

I thought the guy was just changing your wifi settings to a more ungeneric and un interfeared with band. That shoudlnt be anything to do with your ip either internally or externally.

maybe he changed the dns servers as well for u.. u should always use opendns anyway.

-I