PDA

View Full Version : Personal Greatest NC Moment

Milksh@ke
04-08-11, 23:41
I'm talking about something you did yourself which you think back on with pride be it taking on sewer bee and living to tell the tale or a big fight at an op and you hacked the last layer whilst your team were decorating the walls with their brains

For me I had spent some time out at crp as my hc tank Vev when Entering the gr room a member of the then uTs was standing around with some groupies and bravely claimed "FLUX aren't allowed at CRP" "Excuse me?" "FLUX aren't allowed at CRP, get out or pay me" enraged beyond reason I whipped out my Cursed Soul and left his boots smoking where he stood, this led to his entourage declaring they weren't happy that I killed their friend and where going to give me a jolly good seeing to.

All told there where 8 of them whom I ducked and weaved throughout burning through cs and gat rounds like taking an enthusiastic whizz after some 10 minutes or so I stood in the room reloading and thinking good job done somewhat amazed I hadn't died, a pe stood in the corner who had just stood watching the show /t me "that was fucking amazing!!!"

I logged off with a big smile

Dribble Joy
05-08-11, 00:09
Off the cuff I think the best thing would be beating Cerbitank in a duel.

Without missing a shot.

First half in the legs, second half in the head.

Didn't take any damage.

10-15 seconds of perfection.

Biglines
05-08-11, 00:17
hard to pick just one. There's the newbie achievement of making it to techhaven about 2 hours after starting a character, without knowing what to expect at all, using all the credits I'd saved to buy a chaincraft scooter thingy and actually driving up mountain ridges where it shouldn't have been possible (I hadn't found the map yet, so had no ideas there were roads going there :P) That one felt awesome at the time.

In opwars, the coolest moment was when I was ppu'ing scotty against 10-15 soad, of which there were 5 ppu's constantly anti-buffing me (they had nothing else to do), we managed to take out every single fighter and stop them from rezzing, and took out one or two ppu's before they managed to get the third hack in (from ppu's of course).

And the most rewarding in 1on1 playing was in neofrag, repeatedly taking out both walker and invinci on my melee tank and apu. On normal characters, I am lucky to win 1 in 20 matches. on melee tank and apu (them on normal classes, HC tank or rifle spies) I managed to kill them 2 out of 3, which was very very rewarding considering both classes are considered utterly underpowered :D (both without clipping btw). Of course once they got used to me they regained the advantage, but it was so utterly rewarding to hear them cursing about how it was impossible :D

Flashlite
05-08-11, 00:36
[ edited ]

Faid
05-08-11, 02:45
One of the best moments I can remember was way back when nc2 was somewhat new and there were a ton of people fighting all the time in the city (not just the weaksauce p2 fighting). I think it was the clan paradox that we used to fight right in front of Diamond Realstate HQ, I was always on my APU back then when they were actually useful, joined by Zhut, a great PPU in our clan at the time. We went on an hour long killing spree without dying once, there were like 40 people running around all fighting and we were the last two standing in the end. I always remember that fight out of the thousands that I've had, it was so much fun, I miss APU debuff lol

MrTrip
05-08-11, 04:34
Curb stomping Othello at Battle Dome after he jumped me. I cried, I laughed, I closed NC and went outside for a minute.

Yinyin
05-08-11, 05:07
pking noobs aggy cellars...

phunqe
05-08-11, 09:28
I must say that one of mine is when we had the GM event to release the first PA's.
Callash appeared as a giant spider/crab and yelled "I R the giant spid0r" and scared the crap out of everyone :p

EDIT: Found an image :p

http://www.pbase.com/image/42087432/original.jpg

Powerpunsh
05-08-11, 17:36
Its hard to pick just one. But if i could i would go back to NC1 and would pick a fight against Xanthor in NF im remembering.

Ive striked him down with my cs without missing any shot and he had such a evil zig-zag-movement. I mean Silenthunter (for legs)/Healing light PE's were really painful and strong back in the days. :rolleyes:

L0KI
05-08-11, 22:58
I love telling this story; perhaps too much.

Back in the days of sYn, when I was actually good at the game, I won an OP fight single handedly. Here's how it went down:

Warning: Outpost Jeriko Fortress Barrier One security has been breached (whatever the warning is)

My clan is on, but nobody is ready. They're all on a cave run in the wrong gear.

"it's okay; I'll go", the mighty sYn leader declared.

So, off I went; as much uranium Liberator and Fire-RoLH ammo as I could carry without being overloaded. I GR into the Jeriko underground, and bam:

Warning: Outpost Jeriko Fortress Barrier Two security has been breached

Shit, I thought. I have to try, at least.

So, I hit stealth (Short stealth; I'm a PE), and zone up. I counted 7 and noted their positions, got behind the UG and zoned back down.

A deep breath, a heal on myself and another stealth later, I zone back up, and rapidly make my way over to the hack terminal, where some level 48 spy is hacking level 3. Ray of Last Hope equipped + 3 shots = spy dead. Stealth reactivated.

There's some fuss now... the spy has told his clannies on Vent that he's been dropped, so they're looking for me. I run to the back of Jeriko where a solo tank is looking for me. I open fire with the RoLH, moving as quickly as I once did, and drop him and go back into stealth before the PPU has a chance to freeze me (Gotta love holy para); that would have been game over.

2 down.

Mid stealth, I see a trailing APU behind the pack. Easy, I thought to myself.

A quick switch to the uranium libby, and the APU is dead before he's managed to hit me with the second beam of the Holy Lightning.

3 down, I'm at 80% HP.

No more stealthing, I thought to myself. These guys must suck, so I'll face them all at once.

That I did. I charged towards the slow moving Pain Easer PE (he'd not specced much ath/agil), and circled him, dropping him with a clip, easily. His buffs had just gone. Working on the assumption that the PPU had cast his own buffs first, then the team's, he was my next target.

I couldn't believe my luck.

Liberator out again, the PPU was at 20% health before he got his Deflector up. I'd already switched to my RoLH and dropped him before the shelter could be cast.

5 down.

All that remained was a spy (I genuinely didn't even see them as a threat at the time, so ignored them on the most part), and another libby PE.

The PE was buffed, so I recast my SD, and a heal, and at about 60% HP, I went for him.

Strafe, strafe, circle, jump.... he died quicker than the first tank. A poor setup, I assumed.

The spy; respect to him, didn't run away. Instead, he'd made his way to the hack term and was trying for level 3. Big mistake.

He died in 4 shots of the RoLH, and at THAT point, I almost shed a tear.

7 down.

So there I stood, in utter disbelief. A quick glance at clan chat showed Matt_UK saying - 'What's happening, Rabbi???'

I remember typing, as cool as you like:

"It's fine, they're dead"

to which Matt replied, "Who's dead?"

"All of them", I said, with pride.

"LOL - how many?" asked Matt.

"Seven"

To a chorus of HAHAHA, LOL, ROFLs, and all the rest.

I then, systematically, sexed their corpses; naturally.

That is by far the most proud moment of my NC career. :)

Nikabolokov
06-08-11, 06:44
Never going to be able to pick one:( far far too many to count 90% of em on Venus though :)

Had a few similar to fangs, but probably with not as skilled opposition, one that stands out is being ganked whilst farming at Garbanium, and returning to wipe out all 6(capped rifle PE),

or getting my first ever chaincraft and getting it stuck within 20 seconds

Apocalypsox
06-08-11, 10:30
CONSTANTLY flying scout gliders into Paradox any time a single one of them would warp to Desert Racetrack. Brammers and Phoenix loved me there for a while. That was a fun like week. Don't even remember what they did to piss me off. Never could catch my spy either. :D :lol:

Dribble Joy
06-08-11, 10:45
My first kill with a Kami chip.

Me and Skulls were patrolling J_01 for ne'er do wells, and we spotted some BD making mischief around the bunker. The guys dealt with a couple with a subtle application of rhino to face while I went after the sniper.

I ran (and I mean ran, I was mental quick back in those days, opposite of my setup at the moment) around the bunker and saw him pop out of PE stealth behind a mound. He got up top and got his rifle out.
I stealthed and made it behind him when I dropped out.

In emptied the clip into the back of his head, he had enough time to pull his stealth tool, but not to fire it.

Mr_Snow
06-08-11, 12:17
Its hard to pick one to be honest.

Personally I loved surprising people by killing them with my construction spy back when pistols were seen as majorly inferior to rifles.

There was the time when I was with SSC and we were expecting an attack at Gravis, everyone else was in the main building and stupidly I was at the gogo. The TT clan which I cant remember the name of attacked, the main body ignored me being a spy and ran past me except a PE PE who thought I would be an easy gank.

She shot out my legs before I had even realised what was happening. I pulled out my Libby, I was still a lowbie at the time, and started to try my best to zig zag with shot out legs. I shouted to my brother in the next room told him we were under attack. I kept fighting the PE and managed to whitle her health down to almost nothing by the time the rest of the TT clan were dead and somebody came to claim my kill.

There are other times like winning the spy fight night on Uranus.

The time Rabbi and Opti told me to test 3 shots of my Ray of Last Hope on one of them and nearly accidently killing him. Strangely Rabbi started drugging to the RoLH very soon after. I still have my baby in the gogo at 49/90 condition.

With FLUX on Venus constantly GRing from OP to OP as clans tried to syncronise their taking of our OPs and us having to constantly fight.

Many other very good times.

Dribble Joy
06-08-11, 18:55
I still have my baby in the gogo at 49/90 condition.

Still have my first judge. A 2 slot advanced, radioactive thing that I used for ages until I got hold of a 3 slotter I bought for the princely sum of 900k (a lot back in those days), it's currently at 27/72. Still has 40 rounds in the clip.

Still have that 3 slotter, currently at 15/95. Though it's not full arti (117 freq), I still use it as my official duelling weapon to this day (though my PvP/OP fight weapons are much better).

TheJesterLives
07-08-11, 22:02
Being part of NCAT and only being able to kill noobs in the aggressor cellars or in warzones. A noob killing noobs, and I was the american Jester on Uranus!

lol!

William Antrim
07-08-11, 22:18
Hm killing 5 people at J_02 because one of them shot me and told me it was their zone and their Warbot.....

Killing Cerbitanks clan and the entire SSC contingent who had come to "negotiate" peace and something called roleplay in Oz station because my brother and I just happened to be walking past.

Killing most of the server every night in Syndicate on Uranus and going from being a nobody to being the most hated clan of monks (or anyone else) on the server.

Being in the best pro city clan since the Ronins and the only other pro city clan to hold ops consistently (up till that point) on Uranus, yes that would be the Regulators.

Being a part of Flux before they all left for Venus and easier pickings due to fighting against the constant "one language, one clan" bs that Uranus devolved into.

Killing 3 people in Tech haven and then having them talk smack at me for a half hour in Plaza 2...... while i was afk.

Being the silent partner and general bagman/ppu to some of the greatest players to tread the boards of Uranus and then Terra, priceless and an honour that I think of fondly.

Seeing my brother get stuck in the sewer in level 1 rat sewer when we first started playing.

No honestly, all of these moments stick out and Doc and me had so many fckin great days fighting people in NC1 that they all blend into one. I could dress plenty up and hype the drama but I have no need to, the people who were there know who they are.

However beating a "known cheater" (i use the term lightly as I was only told he admitted it third hand) and another very good PE as two low tech PE's outside Diamond Real Estate HQ was my NC2 finest moment. With my brother off in Australia I needed a pe on Terra who could cut the mustard. I found one. Rab probably wont remember this fight but we went on for about 45 mins fighting Bane and Pantho and they were crossbow PE's when crossbow's used to 4 hit people. Both of us were Terminator pes and we got laughed at and mocked regularly for being low tech, until we started shooting.

They were good times. I would give almost anything to get those days back. I love these threads because they remind me how awesome nc was. It also pains me some because I wish all of you could experience some of these moments today too.

Doc Holliday
08-08-11, 10:49
first post on here in a while.

Dj nice story about killing cerbitank. shame it never required much effort ;)

Rab. So you took out the entirety of UK USA Rangers then :)

Personal favourite. Beating hivemind 1 v 1 at tyron factory. the only time i ever did manage and to his credit he did have a bad flash towards the end of the fight but a win is a win. i had that tag for a long time. stebedford almost tried to steal it but i earned it. thats the only tag i ever kept. it meant somethin important. the rest of em i filed down for ammo. :)

beyond that there were a lot. some very good ones. i ran with and had the pleasure of fighting against some amazing people for many diff reasons. they all know who they were/still are.

Uranus for life :)

L0KI
08-08-11, 15:16
However beating a "known cheater" (i use the term lightly as I was only told he admitted it third hand) and another very good PE as two low tech PE's outside Diamond Real Estate HQ was my NC2 finest moment. With my brother off in Australia I needed a pe on Terra who could cut the mustard. I found one. Rab probably wont remember this fight but we went on for about 45 mins fighting Bane and Pantho and they were crossbow PE's when crossbow's used to 4 hit people. Both of us were Terminator pes and we got laughed at and mocked regularly for being low tech, until we started shooting.

I remember it very well. I think we ended up chasing them through to PP3 by the end of it; unless that was another fight.

I definitely remember throwing one of my 'FANG' bags on his head and sexing his corpse though. :)

@Doc - It was a Tsunami clan with Kal Jericho in it. He was actually a really good guy, and that OP fight (genocide) was the first time I ever met him!

Milksh@ke
08-08-11, 21:27
One Sunday when we logged in on Venus there was a concerted effort by numerous french clans to take our Ops it was one of the most exhausting and rewarding days that we remembered for a long time it started early 2 ops being taken simulteanously we split and managed to take them then all hell broke loose and a 3rd and more pivotal op was being attacked heavily we grouped there and held that place for a straight 8 hours of successive attacks the disbelief it was going on so long lasted for most of the day we all ate at our pc's whilst taking on 4 or 5 unified clans, it was mentile

But I do vividly remember phasing to the underground and having at them with a devils grace and they labelled me as "3 enemy tanks have just attacked" I lol'd :cool:

L0KI
09-08-11, 03:07
One Sunday when we logged in on Venus there was a concerted effort by numerous french clans to take our Ops it was one of the most exhausting and rewarding days that we remembered for a long time it started early 2 ops being taken simulteanously we split and managed to take them then all hell broke loose and a 3rd and more pivotal op was being attacked heavily we grouped there and held that place for a straight 8 hours of successive attacks the disbelief it was going on so long lasted for most of the day we all ate at our pc's whilst taking on 4 or 5 unified clans, it was mentile

But I do vividly remember phasing to the underground and having at them with a devils grace and they labelled me as "3 enemy tanks have just attacked" I lol'd :cool:

I loved the Flux days btw... but I was leading sYn when you guys moved to Venus. It was only late in the game when I joined you.

Doc Holliday
09-08-11, 11:24
@Doc - It was a Tsunami clan with Kal Jericho in it. He was actually a really good guy, and that OP fight (genocide) was the first time I ever met him!

aahh yes. i remember his tsunami clan but not the name. yeah he was a cool dude. wasnt he in flux at one stage? i dunno but i associate him with them.

my first best non pvp memory. going outside of neocron city. not even realising there was an outside. i thought the city was it. that was by far the most amazing. especially when i was like /10 or /15 and the bats that used to spawn outside would rape me. i only just made it to the vehicle garage at jeriko. <3 good times.

Load
09-08-11, 11:45
one of the funniest is times ive had on NC is when we were in the NEXT sYn, and we had that american guy who zanedax or something cant really remember, hearing him when he came across his first anti back in NC2.1 i was wetting myself with laughter
OHHHHHHHH MMMYYYYYYY GGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD
ANTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS

Dribble Joy
09-08-11, 13:23
my first best non pvp memory. going outside of neocron city. not even realising there was an outside. i thought the city was it. that was by far the most amazing. especially when i was like /10 or /15 and the bats that used to spawn outside would rape me. i only just made it to the vehicle garage at jeriko. <3 good times.

Hehe. I remember my first time outside the city too. One of the clan (TCO) took me out to go show me a few things and I saw a 20/20 wolf. I shat myself.

Doc Holliday
09-08-11, 14:34
kals clan was cie. carlitos imports and exports. i remembered the name.

L0KI
09-08-11, 14:54
Probably my most memorable moment was my first PK experience.

Revenger's Eye showed me around PP1 when I was a XX/17 noob PE. He was a XX/50 tank with a TPC. The relentless killing he did shocked the hell out of me, but once he'd done it three or four times, I developed a taste for it and joined in!

One of my favourite moments of NC was a particular fight at Krupp Factory; sYn's first OP fight.

We had some of the best monks on the server, and absolutely annihilated the clan that came to defend it. If I remember rightly, the guys there were:

Myself (Rabbi Fang), Alucard, Dracula, MattUK_24, T-X, Malign, wtf?, Ayane, OpTi's PPU Feiticeira, Kid Braniac and a few more...

... Thinking about it, we also had Slutsumi and Skuld at that point, and my god Slutsumi could PvP.

Looking back on the clan sYn; we had what were at the time, in my opinion, pretty much the best spies on the server.

Kid Braniac - Great rifle spy that was beating almost anyone you could throw at him in a duel, daily
Ayane - One of the most under-rated spies on the server. Ayane would hardly ever die at OP fights, despite being a poor spy.
Pyper - Later on down the line in sYn, when The Regulators started to fizzle out, most of them merged into sYn. Pyper was again another great spy at a time when spies were thought of as worthless.

Dribble Joy
09-08-11, 17:06
Slut was crazy good, the one person that caused me problems in our regular meetings in NF (he once beat me while lying on the bed, head over the edge - up-side down - looking at the screen across the room with the keyboard on his stomach). Stick him with his brother on their monks and they were untouchable.

William Antrim
09-08-11, 19:05
They had 3rd party programs that they used to help them with that sick aim. They were both like 11 or something and openly bragged off about it to several people on Uranus. I used to have screenies of various chats cos I was one of the people around at the time.

P.s I was a shit spy. I used to play PPU for sYn. I only played a spy a handful of times at sYn opfights because Matt wasnt hacking on Tanus at the time.

L0KI
09-08-11, 22:53
P.s I was a shit spy. I used to play PPU for sYn. I only played a spy a handful of times at sYn opfights because Matt wasnt hacking on Tanus at the time.

Shit... I remember that now!!! :D Kid Twist right?

If I remember rightly, you moved over to sYn way before your brother did... Is that right? It really was that long ago that it's becoming a blur :(

Matt didn't like playing PPU, although he was actually very, very good at it.

Also: I had no idea they cheated!

The more I remember about NC1, the more I miss this game. It really was better than anything else I have every played. The people really made it though, which is one thing lacking now.

Mr_Snow
10-08-11, 04:33
Fang, was the Krupp fight the one I was on Stewie(PE) and Vic was an APU? I always remember _a_ Krupp fight where me and Vic split off from the rest of you attacking, Vic split off from me and by the time I caught up to him he'd killed 5 or 6 GLA on his own.

Doc Holliday
10-08-11, 09:43
Shit... I remember that now!!! :D Kid Twist right?

If I remember rightly, you moved over to sYn way before your brother did... Is that right? It really was that long ago that it's becoming a blur :(

Matt didn't like playing PPU, although he was actually very, very good at it.

Also: I had no idea they cheated!

The more I remember about NC1, the more I miss this game. It really was better than anything else I have every played. The people really made it though, which is one thing lacking now.

hahaha. bad memory old bean. egos and idiots destroyed our tangent clan and we switched to black dragon very temporarily as was the demise of the regulators. some people say we never really did hit "critical mass" (i lolled at this comment. the person saying it was more of a politician than a duellist) and that we were just another half decent TT clan in a long line.

by the end the egos tore it apart and i had no support so we pulled up shop and took the few good friends. bd was a stop gap till one op fight at Tescom where FA faction chat erupted because i showed up (as bd) fighting with you guys when sYn was in its infancy. i was told by an old friend about the faction chat episode. Shortly after tescom we went to foster i believe or possibly crest. it was in the woods and it def wasnt syncon. im not sure. matt laid the pitch on me. heavy load was being a bit of a dick and there were one or two others standing around.

i reffered to my bro and said what you reckon. he said fuck it why not and the rest was history.

ps. brainiac was the pe. he didnt get much play. kid kapow was the spy. one of the best on uranus. drugged in to shelter and god knows what else. i beat him once on his pe but never his spy.

edit. someone else told me slutsumi and skuld had a little help too. not sure who. i remember asking a 3rd person and a good friend who chuckled but said nothing. that was enough to convince me.

FarSight
10-08-11, 10:03
Greates moment was when i opened first time city gate... it was in NC1 beta and i didnt saw any screenshots about whats outside city... i opened gate and it was like "whoooo", 2nd in line is when like 10 ppl was shooting and killed Laurent hoversomething outside MB and i was on my spy with quite high hacking farming warbots and i hacked it first and got if i remember correctly HC Laurent Mod [or whatever name was for Laurent Mod you could put on CS] and sold it for inasane amount of money [as they stacked with normal mods].

L0KI
10-08-11, 14:59
Fang, was the Krupp fight the one I was on Stewie(PE) and Vic was an APU? I always remember _a_ Krupp fight where me and Vic split off from the rest of you attacking, Vic split off from me and by the time I caught up to him he'd killed 5 or 6 GLA on his own.

The one I am thinking of was you and your bro on APU/PPU and Alucard and Drac on their APU/PPUs.

I think between the 4 of you, you took out the whole attacking group :)

Dribble Joy
10-08-11, 18:10
Was Kapow at Suking? I remember someone's spy with drug stacks all they way up their screen, something like 12-15.

I remember Angeldust (the old one, from rangers I think?), just giving me a larent mod at one point. I can't remember what for. His clan and Skulls worked together quite a lot after TCO split following Neofrog's departure.

William Antrim
10-08-11, 19:00
Dusty was a Ronin. One of the best.

I miss those guys, Skulls, TCO, Ronins even D5G for a while they were the only good Pro city clans till we got our shit together.

Yes Fang i randomly appeared at your op fights from time to time on my ppu before we officially threw in our lot. It was quite good fun listening to trade chat "youve got 495996 more people than we have" with replies that "youve got a black dragon clan helping you".

I had never been called a clan before. It was particularly impressive considering I never fired a shot in anger. I used to uzi a few people while they ran off but that was all.

Yes that was my ppu, he was clan leader for Body Count but we dont really count that as those days were shit compared to NC1.

Dribble Joy
10-08-11, 19:17
Ronins, that was it.

Skulls was TCO. After the rest of TT 'collapsed', the main fighting core of the clan moved to CM, giving us more flexibility to support different clans from a more neutral standpoint and to make a bit of cash while we were at it for that matter. Plus on the RP side of things, it was the old guard 'abandoning ship' and going freelance.

There was an OP we were hired to take once. We were a few minutes from starting, when PRINCE, one of the guys from the owning clan with a few mates popped through the GR. 'WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?' he asked as 'his keyboard was broken'. 'Hunting.' said either me or Pariah. They left.

5 mins later I start getting highly abusive DMs from him while half way through the fight. We won, but I spent most of it crouching behind the GoGu flashed to hell.

One thing that dragged itself from my memory just now;

I went to a cage fight at Jeriko. I'd only just got my first Judge and I had no setup to speak of.
It was a three way fight. The other two laughed at and then largely ignored me during the fight. Once one was dead I dropped the other. There was a moment of stunned silence before the MC said '....and the Judge takes it....'
Much ribbing of the loosers followed.

L0KI
10-08-11, 19:41
I went to a cage fight at Jeriko. I'd only just got my first Judge and I had no setup to speak of.
It was a three way fight. The other two laughed at and then largely ignored me during the fight. Once one was dead I dropped the other. There was a moment of stunned silence before the MC said '....and the Judge takes it....'
Much ribbing of the loosers followed.

I remember that well, DJ; I attended pretty much every event that ever took place on Uranus.

I was as hardcore as you were back then! :D

L0KI
10-08-11, 19:42
Yes Fang i randomly appeared at your op fights from time to time on my ppu before we officially threw in our lot. It was quite good fun listening to trade chat "youve got 495996 more people than we have" with replies that "youve got a black dragon clan helping you".

I had never been called a clan before. It was particularly impressive considering I never fired a shot in anger. I used to uzi a few people while they ran off but that was all.

Oh god, those were the days :)

This is best reminiscing thread we've had in years!!!

L0KI
10-08-11, 20:57
I remember that well, DJ; I attended pretty much every event that ever took place on Uranus.

I was as hardcore as you were back then! :D

OH, AND LOL AT GOD36 :lol:

oops.... triple post.

Didn't mean to do it a third time; meant to edit the post above. I'd say 'sorry mods', but the chances are you don't care/check/both of the above.

Dribble Joy
11-08-11, 00:08
hardcore

I was obsessive.

I took my PvP (or at least my duelling skills) very seriously. I spent most of my time in NF, fighting for hours each night, desperately trying to get better and better, posting endless threads here about how to improve when I (thought I) had a block.

As to the political side; It could be said that I was the death of CM on Uranus.

After I took over as the leader of Skulls and became CM FCA, I was adamant that CM should remain independent of the political manoeuvring of the rest of the server. At that point I was largely disillusioned with the political scene.
Obviously this was set against the backdrop of the Alliance Wars and the MJ12 incident, but the pressure on CM to pick a side (which none of us wanted to) coupled with my stance meant that people started leaving the faction in droves. The Roughnecks leaving for Saturn was the real killer.
MB was essentially under siege for ages. The other factions used it as a proxy battlefield and I desperately wanted CM to stay out of it, even when others wanted to 'defend' the place against what they saw as aggressors, even if 'defending' would have brought everyone's full weight against the faction and potentially done more harm.

After the Alliance Wars, the ruin that had become CM/MB, I completely removed myself from politics. Skulls was a shadow of what it was, a bunch of us clinging to something that didn't exist any more. We pretty much went our own ways, I essentially became a solo player, fighting for groups of people that I knew (SSC, Phoenix, EXL, TFC), absorbing myself more and more in NF and my own aims now that I had nothing else to aim for.

hybok
11-08-11, 11:45
We actually had a really good nc moment YESTERDAY!

against LG

It goes something like this.

Genji was at outzone for a reason i will not disclose :) And he sees a TT guy and kills him. 2 seconds later an LG shows up. we figure it was one of them and they will come and try and rezz so i gr there on muse and try and get a ppu online to antibuff the ppus. By the time i gr there, there are 7 or 8 lg there getting buffs and running around looking "fierce". So we are like get in we are gonna get some fights.. alas.. no.. They gr out.. So im thinking hmm where could they have gone? so i sent genji off to crest while i go and check point red as they are the closest public grs to outzone. I check point red, noone there. I'm like over the microphone to genji? come on are u not at crest yet?? he replies in explitives. then about 30 seconds after that.. "oooo samanka! pe!!! LG!!! i found one!! hes dead." So im like "okay.. gr jericho xanu(on yum yum,ppu) 1 north.. zone crash go go go, genji where ain the zone relative to the zone crash point are u?", -genji "on the road to the east i think oooo ppu!! more lg!! help!!" about a minute later im there i and i see a ppu rezzing so im yelling at xanu to hurry his slack arse up im thinking i wont be able to kill the ppu so i just put a few bursts in maybe he'll stop the rezz. and to my amazement i didnt even do damage to him he stops the rezz :) so im like cool! :) i yell at genji and zanu to regroup.. and as i turn around i see 6 lg running at me with there guns out already trying to take aim. "XANU HEAL PAD!!! OMGZ!!! INCOMINNNNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneone" is aid genji first target.. he seemed to want to kill one of the pe's first.. so yeah.. then i saw moreson or something.. a woc spy trying to semi snipe us from mid range.. i run over there aim at his head and hes droped in about 2 seconds. next. genjis pe that he was targeting at had half health.. i aim at him.. droped 2 seconds... now then :) i want some tank dog tags so i aim at the tank.. a clip and a half of ak later and hes down. now we had a rezzer starting rezz.. he take aim.. remind xanu not to overcast him and to anti buff him... an anti buff later with genji shooting with blue and me shooting with white hes down.. only 1 ppu left.. he runs away i say lets not bother hes gonna get to the gr before we can drop him.. so we hack the belts... meanwhile the chat on mumble has got heavyloads attention so he comes along.. and notice that the ppu is still around.. so we go and give chase.. we were sure he was gonna gr out.. but no.. he starts heading into the open.. and to the zoneline.. xanu tries an anti buff.. but he thought he was out of range.. he wasnt... i shoot him to almost no hp with ak... but he has put his white and red back up.. so now i cant do anymore damage.. hes inches from the zoneline.. i pleed "GENJIIIII DO BLUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" 1 dissy shot later and hes down..

immune 1 - lg 0

very fun fight though :)

See^^ u can still have fun on neocron

everyone on this thread that aint playing.. OMZ GET PLAYIN!!

-I

Load
11-08-11, 14:43
Its alwats funny when invinci goes angry german kid on mumble too.

Ghostface_Speak
11-08-11, 14:48
Genji was at outzone for a reason i will not disclose :)

"Buying" furniture,yes?

L0KI
11-08-11, 15:11
I was obsessive.

I took my PvP (or at least my duelling skills) very seriously. I spent most of my time in NF, fighting for hours each night, desperately trying to get better and better, posting endless threads here about how to improve when I (thought I) had a block.

As to the political side; It could be said that I was the death of CM on Uranus.

After I took over as the leader of Skulls and became CM FCA, I was adamant that CM should remain independent of the political manoeuvring of the rest of the server. At that point I was largely disillusioned with the political scene.
Obviously this was set against the backdrop of the Alliance Wars and the MJ12 incident, but the pressure on CM to pick a side (which none of us wanted to) coupled with my stance meant that people started leaving the faction in droves. The Roughnecks leaving for Saturn was the real killer.
MB was essentially under siege for ages. The other factions used it as a proxy battlefield and I desperately wanted CM to stay out of it, even when others wanted to 'defend' the place against what they saw as aggressors, even if 'defending' would have brought everyone's full weight against the faction and potentially done more harm.

After the Alliance Wars, the ruin that had become CM/MB, I completely removed myself from politics. Skulls was a shadow of what it was, a bunch of us clinging to something that didn't exist any more. We pretty much went our own ways, I essentially became a solo player, fighting for groups of people that I knew (SSC, Phoenix, EXL, TFC), absorbing myself more and more in NF and my own aims now that I had nothing else to aim for.

You've just prompted so many memories that I thought I'd forgotten! I remember MJ12 moving over to MB, and me being me, ensured that switching from an enemy to a neutral faction wasn't going to save them from us.

If I remember rightly, myself, Snow, Vic & co found our way into their clan apartment, and relentlessly massacred them over and over again. I tried my very best as a dictator to stop people from killing Skulls (as you were truly neutral to us; AND you and I had never had a single problem), but Matt would attack everyone that wasn't green; and people would follow.

I'd still go back and play it all over again given the chance :)

William Antrim
11-08-11, 18:24
Roughnecks moved to Jupiter if I recall correctly. We massacred them on uranus so hard that they went to UCA Guns on Jupiter. UCA were the reason that uTs left apparently. Fang (the clan) will probably say differently as Hinch "briefly" came to uranus to talk smack at the best clans/players there.

Mostly I would attribute the Roughnecks leaving probably due to mafia switching to BD from CM so that they could kill them too.

MJ12 were just terrible, they threw their lot in with Der Synchro to become RDZ and then got even worse. Cobra split from Der Synchro and came to TT. I was still in the Shadow Warriors at the time but when we (the Regulators) revived TT we started out with Itrek as allies until one night I drunkenly killed Gambler and Bitemyorange for no real reason and they decided to KOS us. I LOLLED hard and proceeded to blast them along with everyone else at MB.

The only clan i ever managed to kill alone was Grim Sisters though. Wyatt went to -59 soullight that day. Four of us got into it with them, our ppu died and my 2 colleagues went the same way vs twice that number and I managed to kill the final few. Shame they were Crahn.

I wouldnt say it was solely your fault DJ. A lot of things happened in that time to make MB the battleground that it was.

Remember the event that Rabbi held on Uranus? Natural Selection? K9 smashed Xantor in the face and then "someone" liberated PatriXXXL's First Love from his belt behind a wall and the whole event turned into a big shooting gallery where we all fought at MB and then went for a 9 hour op fight at Soliko? That was only over one small event of one gun being pinched.

It tore the server in half because Syn, Flux and the random tag alongs that we always ended up attracting came to fight with us vs every german speaking player who had ever played on Uranus. At one point we had Natalya on Carebear bringing her/his Biotech clan to fight us because his friends had no "enemy" factions to us.

That Soliko fight is one of the best I have ever had, that and beating Luckyluck one on one with Xantor crawling all over me and him having Athon Solo on his back. Sadly he (Xantor) won but it served him right for watching Der Synchros get their asses handed to them by some other clan while he watched, thinking he was some anime manga fuckin warrior god or something.

Mr_Snow
11-08-11, 18:31
It was a pity about skulls, I liked the idea of a proper merc clan. I think the only time I fought them was when they appeared as mercs in support of hostile clans and I respected that and never held it against any of them I fought.

The political structure on Uranus was annoying as it tended to be anglophones v germans and I dont like that as I play online to avoid real life politics.

I barely remember MJ12 to be honest, just that they pissed atleast 1 of us off and we had too much time on our hands and eventually they moved server.

@Milky. Some of the opfights on Venus were intense, even when we had le enfant support we tended to be out numbered heavily. I remember one of the old flux lads throwing a barrel into a shop at a factory because he didnt want a spy to be able to log stealthed and everyone else wondering how the fuck he got red sl at a Op fight. There was the time when me and opti held off a full clan, think it was bfe but I could be wrong, by ourselves him as ppu and me as mc tank until he decided chatting was more important then healing me.

Genji
11-08-11, 18:32
"Buying" furniture,yes?

asif, if you must know it was going to involve a rhino.

Doc Holliday
12-08-11, 06:15
Roughnecks moved to Jupiter if I recall correctly. We massacred them on uranus so hard that they went to UCA Guns on Jupiter. UCA were the reason that uTs left apparently. Fang (the clan) will probably say differently as Hinch "briefly" came to uranus to talk smack at the best clans/players there.

Mostly I would attribute the Roughnecks leaving probably due to mafia switching to BD from CM so that they could kill them too.

MJ12 were just terrible, they threw their lot in with Der Synchro to become RDZ and then got even worse. Cobra split from Der Synchro and came to TT. I was still in the Shadow Warriors at the time but when we (the Regulators) revived TT we started out with Itrek as allies until one night I drunkenly killed Gambler and Bitemyorange for no real reason and they decided to KOS us. I LOLLED hard and proceeded to blast them along with everyone else at MB.

The only clan i ever managed to kill alone was Grim Sisters though. Wyatt went to -59 soullight that day. Four of us got into it with them, our ppu died and my 2 colleagues went the same way vs twice that number and I managed to kill the final few. Shame they were Crahn.

I wouldnt say it was solely your fault DJ. A lot of things happened in that time to make MB the battleground that it was.

Remember the event that Rabbi held on Uranus? Natural Selection? K9 smashed Xantor in the face and then "someone" liberated PatriXXXL's First Love from his belt behind a wall and the whole event turned into a big shooting gallery where we all fought at MB and then went for a 9 hour op fight at Soliko? That was only over one small event of one gun being pinched.

It tore the server in half because Syn, Flux and the random tag alongs that we always ended up attracting came to fight with us vs every german speaking player who had ever played on Uranus. At one point we had Natalya on Carebear bringing her/his Biotech clan to fight us because his friends had no "enemy" factions to us.

That Soliko fight is one of the best I have ever had, that and beating Luckyluck one on one with Xantor crawling all over me and him having Athon Solo on his back. Sadly he (Xantor) won but it served him right for watching Der Synchros get their asses handed to them by some other clan while he watched, thinking he was some anime manga fuckin warrior god or something.

Synchz USA became cobra after genius left synchz and lily took over as clan leader and turned them in to a bunch of tards. I always remember Angy and stasy (never did find out whos alts they were) 2 blonde female pes. oh boy they loved me when they came gunning for me. too bad i never lost to them. :)

Natural selection in bd. LOL. i had to chair that event when rab took off and after he did it k9 killed patri and csed his corpse off the balcony while he waited for a rez. i gred out as the shooting started.

One of the funnest moments in syn was outside of NC. there was an event of some kind callash was running and we ended up mixing it up with der synchro plus who ever else wanted a fight. i remember being in the middle of a sea of red with lord abdule and sw's little bro and like fuck were we gonna turn and run. we all died. i lost some nice shit that day but it was insane good fun.

yes i too would do it all over again.

Beating the synchz at Malstrond only to have them squeal on faction chat for more to log on (i had a ts friend relaying me info) to come back was priceless. we held serve on them till they brought uTs as well. the funniest part is some of the old uTs logged on that hadnt been active on uranus in months.

i would like to say also that despite the bashing of certain clans you have to pay absolute respect to TJ. Tigers jaw after they changed the name. Sonneschein and Sword had it organised properly. i loved watching them fight. even fought with them once or twice. they were a hell of a good op team.

Dribble Joy
12-08-11, 14:10
TJ, that brings back some memories. As with most, they're a little fuzzy, but there is one that's still fresh.

It's probably the most bizarre OP fight I'd ever been to, mostly because it was oddly realistic.
It was Rockshore, Skulls and another CM clan (D5G I think) were attacked by TJ (or they held it and we attacked, I'm not sure).
Normally an OP fight is swirl of close combat in the OP itself, but this one was a strange long-range affair, with the merc's at the gate/GR and TJ holding out by the tower further south. In-between was a valley, across which the tanks were flinging AoE rounds. Half the sector was criss-crossed with rockets and fusion and raygun rounds. In the valley itself a hit and run skirmish broke out, with the PEs, spies and melee fighters venturing out to have a go at what they could find before pulling back, all the while the ordinance flew a few feet above their heads.
This spectacle (and it truly was one) was made even more impressive by the fact the fight was at night. Pitch back, streaked with overhead blasts and muzzle flashes below.

I'm not sure about exactly how the fight finished, presumably at some point TJ started loosing fighters and/or our greater number of tanks could get better aim on people at range when dawn broke and CM pushed towards the tower. I do remember a good number of us chasing down the last PPU.

William Antrim
12-08-11, 14:14
I feel such mixed emotions now reading all of these memories. I loved the game back then, in spite of all of its bugs. I loved it for the people from Dribble Joy receiving death threats from Matt and Lee right through to ITAK MAN pking anyone under level 15 in the aggy rooms and even people like Spooky and his girlfriends trying to start a faction war. We had the Prime Minister of the Forums himself my right honourable friend QuantumDelta (oh no i insist, call me QD; meh) who I am completely assured has finally after years of reconstructive surgery to remove the splinters from his arse.

Then there were the individuals who fought alone and had some skill (Bounty) and the ones who didnt (Fetus), we had a clan of disorganised rabble calling themselves Tangent - Sir Ramic Hobbs, Arkanis and the boys. We had an insect masquerading as a human - Cerbitank - we had the Le'd people logging out of MC5 to stop the reset (God36) and then we had the Synchronizers who would bring 3 ppus just to gank a cave team and then lose outside when the cave team understood what was happening.

We had talking on zonelines (you didnt do it if you were in a vehicle) and we had "fun" trying to get our op teams sorted out. "The fight is at Soliko", "where are we going lads I am at jeriko" (Heavy Load) and "hey guys I was on Mad Zeke earlier and I killed 4996979 people" (Entity)

We had a great friend who became an enemy because he wanted to win and he wasnt scared of admitting he was a merc (Godmode/T-X) we had great enemies who became great friends.

The night of the Pepper Pub event everyone turned up to "meet" the germans and everyone was told no weapons and no PA. The Synchronizers brought every PA tank they had. Doc and I arrived and HE (not us just him :D) was told by Gravedigger - We dont want any trouble tonight....

We had faction chat going mad most nights because someone somewhere had just been pked and they knew that if you had a problem and noone else could help and if you could find them you could ask Syndicate to come to your aid. It didnt really matter who you were or where from if Tanus was online there would be a group of people who would turn up to kill whomever it was that had been shooting at you.

We had Uranus. It was awesome. I would trade 5 years of NC2 for two weeks of NC1 with those guys in it. Its the players that made this game so great and without those guys it wouldnt be the same again.

I love it and I hate it at the same time. Walking the boards of plaza 1 now would be epic if i could get the damn game to install but it is stuck at #159 but getting back one night to play with some of those guys just for a few hours would be priceless.

Even Mastercard couldnt make that happen. I tried Jim'll fix it and I even wrote to Carlsberg but unfortunately, and it pains me to say it; I think NC as we know it lives on in the memories of those tireless old soldiers who fought to ran it.

The dark streets of Pepper Park will echo no longer to the incessant chatter of automatic weapons and the crackle and burn of fire and lightning. No more will the acrid smell of burning plasma assault the senses or the cacophony of the dead and dying as blood splashes on the streets just because someone shouted "KOS"

Neocron we love you.

Dribble Joy
12-08-11, 14:24
Dribble Joy receiving death threats from Matt and Lee

I never got death threats, or at least none of them actually reached me. I know those two sent them to others, but not me as far as I am aware. The closest I got was someone making an alt called Dribb1e Joy and spamming the channels with various nasty comments. Of course I simply piped up at the same time, said that it wasn't me, extended my chat window, let him rant on for a bit and sent the logs and screen shots to the GMs.

L0KI
12-08-11, 15:00
I never got death threats, or at least none of them actually reached me. I know those two sent them to others, but not me as far as I am aware. The closest I got was someone making an alt called Dribb1e Joy and spamming the channels with various nasty comments. Of course I simply piped up at the same time, said that it wasn't me, extended my chat window, let him rant on for a bit and sent the logs and screen shots to the GMs.

It was QD that received the death threats from Matt & Lee.

And Al - I now remember it so well. Matt really was the Himmler of the National Syndicate Party. Everything bad that needed to be done, he did; or at the very least, he arranged.

Mr_Snow
12-08-11, 16:49
You've just prompted so many memories that I thought I'd forgotten! I remember MJ12 moving over to MB, and me being me, ensured that switching from an enemy to a neutral faction wasn't going to save them from us.

If I remember rightly, myself, Snow, Vic & co found our way into their clan apartment, and relentlessly massacred them over and over again. I tried my very best as a dictator to stop people from killing Skulls (as you were truly neutral to us; AND you and I had never had a single problem), but Matt would attack everyone that wasn't green; and people would follow.

I'd still go back and play it all over again given the chance :)
Nope, it was just you and me. Both ended up red SL, but didn't leave until they gave up.

I helped drive Roughnecks from Uranus, they pk'ed Snow in the MB one time, so I'd randomly hunt them on Vic/Malign inside and outside MB when I had nothing else to do. Fave spot was on top of MB entrance HL'ing down on them as they milled confusedly around. Did the same on old r2k, randomly pk'ed Snow so I hunted them in their own OP zone(Grant) for about 6 weeks. Just me and my little red sportscar. I never held grudges(I went over to the GLA when Ronins folded and most of the people I'd fought alongside turned into giant arseholes, and I still talk to QD despite him being probably the biggest shit talker about me behind me back at one stage), but anyone who PK'ed my bro was fucked :D

Best times were with Fang, Vamp, kub and Snow, L'Inquisition on Venus and with Doob, Psyker and fw on Uranus.
Small clans always fighting against the odds, and most of all friends.

@DJ: TCO never really pvp'ed. I still have some old screenies from us trying, you, me, Pariah, Gdelic, DrDeath(Schiefie) and... shit, what was our clan leaders name? He was a monk...tethryl? Random but: Pariah had me buy the CM clan key using my barter char :P

Also have about 3 pages of abuse from STASY after we beat them at an OP fight.

Elric
12-08-11, 18:02
... 1 now would be epic if i could get the damn game to install but it is stuck at #159 but getting back one night to play with some of those guys just for a few hours would be priceless...

Dude, if you cant get install and desperately want it to, I'd be happy to rar up my install and get it transferred over to you somehow. You can run NC from a pen drive without having installed it on a machine before (which is how I get it running on a mac in work using a VM :D ) so it would be easy enough to get you a fully patched working Neocron. Hell even an overnight FTP or something straight to you would be fine by me or if you know someone local with it, go grab a pen drive and get theirs.

Of course the account is your own problem :p

L0KI
12-08-11, 18:03
Nope, it was just you and me. Both ended up red SL, but didn't leave until they gave up.

I helped drive Roughnecks from Uranus, they pk'ed Snow in the MB one time, so I'd randomly hunt them on Vic/Malign inside and outside MB when I had nothing else to do. Fave spot was on top of MB entrance HL'ing down on them as they milled confusedly around. Did the same on old r2k, randomly pk'ed Snow so I hunted them in their own OP zone(Grant) for about 6 weeks. Just me and my little red sportscar. I never held grudges(I went over to the GLA when Ronins folded and most of the people I'd fought alongside turned into giant arseholes, and I still talk to QD despite him being probably the biggest shit talker about me behind me back at one stage), but anyone who PK'ed my bro was fucked :D

Best times were with Fang, Vamp, kub and Snow, L'Inquisition on Venus and with Doob, Psyker and fw on Uranus.
Small clans always fighting against the odds, and most of all friends.

@DJ: TCO never really pvp'ed. I still have some old screenies from us trying, you, me, Pariah, Gdelic, DrDeath(Schiefie) and... shit, what was our clan leaders name? He was a monk...tethryl? Random but: Pariah had me buy the CM clan key using my barter char :P

Also have about 3 pages of abuse from STASY after we beat them at an OP fight.

Do you have any screenies of the sYn days by any chance?

Mr_Snow
12-08-11, 18:33
A handful, and they're boring! Seemed to have mostly stopped taking screenies when we were in SSC.

William Antrim
12-08-11, 19:05
Elric thanks for the offer. Its just a download issue. I will be fine I am sure. I have no proper internet access yet at work (thats where I play from most of the time) so its hard to get online properly to download it. I am on dongle pay as you go internet for the most part.

When i get my broadband connected finally I will attempt to reestablish myself in the world of NC. I have 3 active accounts already and 3 brand new cd keys as well. Access is fine just need a working copy of the game.

Dribble Joy
12-08-11, 19:27
Snow, you were in TCO?

I know my memories are shot to all buggary, but I thought everyone I knew in the clans I was in had left.

And yes, it was Tethryl.

Screenies of any time from back then would be awesome.

Biglines
12-08-11, 19:46
I love it and I hate it at the same time. Walking the boards of plaza 1 now would be epic if i could get the damn game to install but it is stuck at #159 but getting back one night to play with some of those guys just for a few hours would be priceless.

http://www.techhaven.org/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,132/task,cat_view/gid,71/

fully patched client

L0KI
12-08-11, 21:00
Snow, you were in TCO?

I know my memories are shot to all buggary, but I thought everyone I knew in the clans I was in had left.

And yes, it was Tethryl.

Screenies of any time from back then would be awesome.

Yeah - even boring ones Snow! :D

I just remembered that day in your first screenie. We GR ganked Tank36 over and over again with Ingmar. Good times :D

Also.. screenie 3 is the birth of Skuld! (see chat)

L0KI
12-08-11, 21:04
WAH - I want NC back!!!

Load
13-08-11, 12:41
dooo iittttt

Doc Holliday
14-08-11, 06:25
Hahaha. yeah fucking dicks. gravedigger and co. man i remember that. all i did was walk up to the fuckin door man. they were all like " dont start any shit here tonight this is a friendly event..... "

i did end up getting in to it outside tho. forgot the name of the tank. it was one of the shit ones. oh wait. they were all shit in synchz hahaha.

love the post bro. hanging like hell today. big night on the b33rs. :)

Guys. side note. slightly OT. im currently studying for a diploma in hospitality management. when im done im hoping in 5-10 years to actually open my own bar. I decided on the name.

Im gonna call it plaza one.

Biglines
14-08-11, 11:55
Guys. side note. slightly OT. im currently studying for a diploma in hospitality management. when im done im hoping in 5-10 years to actually open my own bar. I decided on the name.

Im gonna call it plaza one.
lol thats actually fucking awesome :p

Faid
14-08-11, 18:27
I would get hammered in plaza one :D

Doc Holliday
15-08-11, 13:37
you fill me with joy and inspire me with hope guys. no bullshit :)

i laugh because i actually was wandering along and thought of it randomly but i think it would be a cool name in the first place. However it would mean so much more than just a name to me and i would hope a few others too. gone but not forgotten right. im pretty sure there is no trademark ;)

Dribble Joy
15-08-11, 13:50
Teh Dribble demands Real Ale on pump.

Biglines
15-08-11, 14:12
you fill me with joy and inspire me with hope guys. no bullshit :)

i laugh because i actually was wandering along and thought of it randomly but i think it would be a cool name in the first place. However it would mean so much more than just a name to me and i would hope a few others too. gone but not forgotten right. im pretty sure there is no trademark ;)
I'll get you some warbot cola bottles then ;)

Load
15-08-11, 20:33
Rename the bouncers twilight guardians?

L0KI
16-08-11, 00:00
I logged in really late (not peak) last night to see 50 people online.

Maybe it's not too late to return and level a new character. If that's the amount on at midnight UK time, I'm guessing peak is close to 100 again?

Please say yes, as I still prefer NC to any current MMO. I just wish it had more players.

Biglines
16-08-11, 00:06
43 people on right now

L0KI
16-08-11, 00:13
I wonder how difficult it would be for us to contact all of our old NC1 buddies to ask them to come back for a revival...

I reckon I have 20+ in my contacts list, and I reckon I could persuade 5-10 of them :D

Mr_Snow
16-08-11, 00:51
Fang, message me your msn/skype/fbook or whatever!

William Antrim
16-08-11, 18:59
If and when i get my internet sorted I will reinstall.

L0KI
16-08-11, 20:34
Fang, message me your msn/skype/fbook or whatever!

Done.

I'm going to level up a new char. I'll probably regret it, but I'm doing it.

Load
17-08-11, 11:50
Send me an in game mail on my tank and I can help u get setup with ressed and csting etc

Axis
20-08-11, 12:39
My fav. moment, adventuring with a certain well known GM during B3 (before his time at KK), watching him learn to PvP with a lazer rifle, hunting WBs, etc. :D

Actually, all of B3/B4 was a highlight for me. Thanks to all you special people, you know who you are..

*sigh* I miss nc1 more each year.

Dribble Joy
20-08-11, 16:42
My first time in the canyons. I had recently got my first hovertech and was cutting across northwards to somewhere. I was probably about /20-30

Turned a corner to find a group of raptors.

'Fuck me. Dragons.'

I drove like fuck.

William Antrim
21-08-11, 13:14
My fav. moment, adventuring with a certain well known GM during B3 (before his time at KK), watching him learn to PvP with a lazer rifle, hunting WBs, etc. :D

Actually, all of B3/B4 was a highlight for me. Thanks to all you special people, you know who you are..

*sigh* I miss nc1 more each year.

can you be any more vague? QD is that you?

hahahahaha

Tupac
26-08-11, 01:43
should rename this thread the personal greatest nc moment on uranus

L0KI
26-08-11, 09:08
should rename this thread the personal greatest nc moment on uranus

Most of the remaining NC1 players that use this forum played on Uranus.

Biglines
26-08-11, 10:13
I wish

L0KI
26-08-11, 12:48
I wish

Lol, okay - I do, Snow does, Elric does, and 3 more are coming back next month.

Unless of course, we see SWTOR or PS2 before that... as I have pre-ordered SWTOR and will be buying PS2 as soon as possible.

Biglines
26-08-11, 13:09
no i meant I wish I had played on there :p

William Antrim
26-08-11, 14:24
They were the best times in NC. Pluto had its plutocrats who told everyone how much better their server was cos it was only ONE char.... then each bought multiple accounts....

Saturn had its fair share of people whinging on the forums about the fucked economy (who the hell started paying 10 million creds for a marine chip and 3 million for a zerk3) and the pking of allies....

Uranus had a mostly European population with a smattering of Americans split evenly between several factions and divided by a language.

Jupiter was epic. Unfortunately I did not get involved in alot of the politics over there due to my limited German but the fights I did get involved in were sweet.

One night a clan on Jupiter who were CA and pretty tough started in Plaza 3 and zerged their way through Pepper Park vs the various clans in each zone. All the TS runners got annihilated in PP1 and they came to PP2 for a ruck with us, the Black Dragons, and then mashed us into the floor and finished up fighting with the TGs in Pepper 3 and an assortment of others who had burst out of the Pussy club to join in! apparently this was a nightly thing on Jupiter, the guys tried to actually roleplay their faction and the "nefarious" factions of Pepper Park used to actually stay in their zones and trade there and all sorts or fight when they needed to.

If it wasnt for the language barrier personally I wouldve moved there permanently and split time between the two servers as that to me was what NC was really about. However I would never leave uranus. As much as we got ribbed for picking that server and got hated on by all of the rest of the forumites here anyone who did come to our server usually got owned and left and never posted on the forum any more about how bad we were.

It was epic basically.

Tupac
26-08-11, 18:25
Pluto was the hardcore server tbh ;)

not long after nc2 release it was mainly the pluto clans running there dominance E.g DarK and FF also along with the Saturn dudes to who had a huge presence also. Not to say uranus clans werent significant it was just the way it went i suppose

Best moment.. Have too many i suppose but one stands out me judge and hocus defending that fortress op i think its called drakkhan the one next to cycrow ?

3 of us vs like 13+ FF and not only that they had Legion another semi decent TG clan to. Result = DarK raped them with 3 people not to knock their skill in anyway as they had some pretty pro players such as smokey and others i cant remember the names of but it was during the times when Tupac and Devourer raped pluto ( obvs with ppu at my ass ;) )

L0KI
26-08-11, 18:37

not long after nc2 release it was mainly the pluto clans running there dominance E.g DarK and FF also along with the Saturn dudes to who had a huge presence also. Not to say uranus clans werent significant it was just the way it went i suppose

Best moment.. Have too many i suppose but one stands out me judge and hocus defending that fortress op i think its called drakkhan the one next to cycrow ?

3 of us vs like 13+ FF and not only that they had Legion another semi decent TG clan to. Result = DarK raped them with 3 people not to knock their skill in anyway as they had some pretty pro players such as smokey and others i cant remember the names of but it was during the times when Tupac and Devourer raped pluto ( obvs with ppu at my ass ;) )

You came over to Uranus about a year too late from what I remember. Weren't you part of NCAT at the time?

Regarding NC2 launch, almost every English speaker I had once known, and ALL the best guys (except for Dribble Joy) quite when it launched. The only significant clan from Uranus which moved over to Terra was the German clan, R2K, and they were pretty successful (I joined them actually).

I actually played on Pluto under an alias (didn't want the hassle of 'OMGZ IT RABBI FANG - DUEL ME). I was in FF, and actually have a really good memory of fighting over there. We were holding Soliko against 2 other clans for hours, and hours. SO long in fact, that I logged back in after going to sleep and it was still going. Great fight, and huge numbers on both sides.

Truthfully, Pluto was not better than Uranus. Uranus was no better than Pluto, either; I simply preferred it due to the mix of nationalities and the politics that created ;)

Tupac
26-08-11, 18:50
You came over to Uranus about a year too late from what I remember. Weren't you part of NCAT at the time?

Regarding NC2 launch, almost every English speaker I had once known, and ALL the best guys (except for Dribble Joy) quite when it launched. The only significant clan from Uranus which moved over to Terra was the German clan, R2K, and they were pretty successful (I joined them actually).

I actually played on Pluto under an alias (didn't want the hassle of 'OMGZ IT RABBI FANG - DUEL ME). I was in FF, and actually have a really good memory of fighting over there. We were holding Soliko against 2 other clans for hours, and hours. SO long in fact, that I logged back in after going to sleep and it was still going. Great fight, and huge numbers on both sides.

Truthfully, Pluto was not better than Uranus. Uranus was no better than Pluto, either; I simply preferred it due to the mix of nationalities and the politics that created ;)

Yeah r2k was quite a large clan from what i remember in nc 2 and i couldnt agree with you anymore about the whole server > server theory

Who was ur char in FF u FF scum and yeah i was in NCAT slut and skuid had access to my account and vice versa

Faid
27-08-11, 01:37
Pluto was sexy :D loved that server, was born there. Fucked around on Saturn a bit but never played Uranus or Jupter. It was absolutely crazy when nc2 first started and all the clans from all the different severs clashed together, not really knowing who was who lol.

I remember fighting with a ton of people in plaza one back when it wasn't a safe zone. I think it was Death Row who were CA and we were BT so we were all losing Soul Light every time someone got killed. You'd be able to kill 2 or 3 people before you went red, then you had to run and do a few aggie captain missions real quick to get back to green then get back in the fight lol. We used to do that for hours everyday, that was a great time.

William Antrim
27-08-11, 13:55
A lot of the better german players went back to jupiter at NC2 launch. The ones who stayed on Terra (besides R2K) merged with Protectors and formed UPS if i remember rightly. That was uTs from Uranus plus a few hangers on and Protectors from whereever they came from. Saturn or Pluto no idea.

tbh though, we all thought our servers were better than all of the others. I played pluto for a while as a rifle pe and i listened to the banter there too. I think personally its just school yard politics and we will always seek to put ourselves above our peers in some way. Its just basic human nature. If anyone thought someone elses server was better then why wouldnt they play there!

Just so you know though, saturn and pluto were full of noobs. Uranus was by far the best. :D

L0KI
27-08-11, 21:15
Just so you know though, saturn and pluto were full of noobs. Uranus was by far the best. :D

This kid knows disco.

Dribble Joy
27-08-11, 22:13
Plus we had Lexxuk.

phunqe
28-08-11, 00:14
Enlarge your Lexxuk!

Doc Holliday
28-08-11, 09:11

UPS. a hybrid creation between -uTs- from uranus and Pro from saturn. r2k also. and Tj although i dont recall if they moved to nc2 and stayed on terra or went to mars/mercury.

Yeah we lost a lot in the transfer. i think the thing about uranus wasnt so much the big dominant clans as it was the people. there were so many personalities there. thats what kept me there. didnt matter what the words under your name said or what colour your hit box might show as (red/yellow/green) some people loved and loved to hate each other.

edit. and then there was the lexx0r. enough said.

Lexxuk
11-09-11, 18:09
Plus we had Lexxuk.

I'm everyones best memory :lol: :lol: :angel:

Gosh, memories? B4 on my PE just before Beta shut down finally getting a STAR, but only after joining MC and getting the boost from Jerico, hey, a star was a big deal back then :P

Also B4 my first day or so I somehow managed to get red soul-light, no idea how, so I'd run through Plaza 1 to do some shopping and them bloody cop bots would shoot at me, but they used normal plasma style at the time so everyone I hid behind got killed :angel:

NC1, Pluto just opened and I was my natural handsome sexy PE but decided that I wanted to level my PSI up instead of Rifle so I'd be running around killing things with PE's PSI, including hoverbots, also think I went bat queen cave with... umm... can't remember his name but amazingly nice PPU. I capped PSI on PE before team XP came in play, I was uber over-powered (least I would have been if I didn't use store bought spells....)

The night before Pluto opened, all the people who were leaving for Pluto from Saturn (I think it was Saturn, why did NC name the servers after Sailor Moon chars? :D) invaded Twiglet and pretty much killed anything that moved, and even stuff that didn't move, there was probably weird sexual encounters along the way with inanimate objects and dead creatures, but my memory is hazy after all this time :D

My NF fights with Rade, I think I managed 1 win out of 987689753245 fights, but a win is a win, ask England's rugby team :P

Naturally I remember FLUX and Milky who was always hitting on me /coff and fighting DJ in NF, you shot my legs out and killed me, murderer :(

Oh, and seeing the BYB. Umm, also that PPU on Uranus who was a nice person, used a baseball bat to try and kill me, just messing around though, not actual "OMG KILL!!" kinda stuff which I think pervades PVP games too much, there should be more flowers and hippy stuff in PVP games!

And on the forums, we had to shoot someone by finding a post by them and being the first person to reply with a line of text, something like BANG BANG YOU'RE DEAD or something, Artricia bet me err a weapon, pistol, rare type that I couldn't get MJS.... I got MJS MWAHAHAHA :D

Strife
13-09-11, 04:15

*sigh* I miss nc1 more each year.Axis, you're my homey still man. THE Dominate b3 clan. o7

Ganking CDV employee in pp1 and jacking all of his perferct statted GM weapons. He met me at the Gogo and asked for them back, or demanded, my buddy came up behind me and I traded them off to him and told him I didnt have them. I was a little shit back then.

Oh man, now that I remember it. APARTMENT RAIDS. I was such a thug back then, when cabs were not locked, AT ALL. (there were no rares during this time). You hide out of local range, and bust in when you hear the door open, and be ready to fight whoever the owner was. Some pretty epic fights, and the rewards were usually pretty nice.

More coming as my old feeble memory remembers.

Ghostface_Speak
16-09-11, 07:28
..performed a login,got told KK got rid of Sonder--> insta did the dinosaur

El Jimben
16-09-11, 14:14
Probably getting my first swirly which I think was a 3 slot Pain Easer :lol: