PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of returning, Game still worth it?

z5o3
01-08-11, 23:42
So quit way back in the day of NC1 patch 180 ish and was thinking back of the good old days. So I was wondering is it worth it to come back, and whats the current player base like?

Biglines
02-08-11, 00:05
read some of the threads, if you're willing to put up with between 2-8% pops, lots of cheating and absolutely no support, the game can still be a lot of fun. While they are getting rarer, there are still a bunch of good guys playing at the moment, and with ooc turned off it should be interesting enough.

not sure if your account is able to play on terra though, if you left that long ago.

z5o3
02-08-11, 00:10
Na my accounts are gone so I will be creating a new char, how many people does 2-8% come out to?

Biglines
02-08-11, 00:34
Na my accounts are gone so I will be creating a new char, how many people does 2-8% come out to?
20-80, but the 80 is peak tbh

z5o3
02-08-11, 01:00
Damn.... well thats not too bad....... Whats the average?

EDIT: What about all this talk of hackers, cheaters, and all lack of support from KK?

Flashlite
02-08-11, 02:02
the games dead. no gm's and hackers everywhere. lucky to get 1 op war a week with legit players.

z5o3
02-08-11, 02:22
Well balls, do they just ruin the game now? Or is it still playable and enjoyable. Also what kind of hacks are they using now days?

Elric
02-08-11, 02:31
Its still fun and NC still has something no other MMO has come close to and I left after you. I've left the LE in (no exp penalty anymore) and just exploring and watching and levelling in peace. Its not all bad and certainly a worthwhile nostalgia trip if nothing else.

z5o3
02-08-11, 08:36
Yeah just started back up, me and my brother just had to for nostalgia. I have yet to find a game as fun as NC back in the NC1 days before patch 180. Loved PVP on pluto was so fun.

Kamuix99
02-08-11, 09:48
Mostly population is at 2% min, going to 8% on weekends. I think player numbers are growing again with failure of latest mmorpg/fps games. Can't comment on cheaters but they exist in other games too. NC has many things (Housing, multipassenger vehicles, weapon balance, op pvp, etc.) that other games as Fällen Earth still don't.

For starting new account, you need Click2Pay

Dribble Joy
02-08-11, 11:07
Indeed. Ignore the nay-sayers and come play and see if it works for you.

zii
02-08-11, 14:41
the games dead. no gm's and hackers everywhere. lucky to get 1 op war a week with legit players.

Odd, I get one a night when I am on. Are we playing different games ;)

Yes, no GM support that I am aware of, but what do you need it for? If NPCs are not spawning, then post on the forum and a mod might sort it out... (other than reporting cheaters.)

Cheaters: well, sadly these are there. Not a lot than can be done about this for reasons I have yet to fathom out; I am seldom affected, and if they are there in an OP fight, then I just leave and do something else or see if I can beat 'em.

The game is still fun. The mean average is about 5%, which is enough to get things done, and have an OP fight. There are a few active clans including Soad and Immunies. Also, I think that there is Venom now.

There are plenty of new missions and quests for a new character to do, and many places to explore.

It is an extremely enjoyable game.

Elric
02-08-11, 15:12
Yeah just started back up, me and my brother just had to for nostalgia. I have yet to find a game as fun as NC back in the NC1 days before patch 180. Loved PVP on pluto was so fun.

Was on Pluto myself, bloody single character slot though, dont know how many times I rerolled lol. Those were the days indeed.

Indeed, should mention theres alot of new stuff too, nothing too major that makes it wildly unfamiliar but lots of new little things (epic missions etc.), old areas that used to be inaccessible now have stuff in them and are open etc. that also improve it somewhat.

Flashlite
02-08-11, 18:46
Odd, I get one a night when I am on. Are we playing different games ;)

Like i said. "lucky to get 1 op war a week with legit players."

not sure if you know what legit means. not saying that in a mean way.

yea i don't call op warring every night with hackers a real op fight.

Faid
03-08-11, 02:26
Was on Pluto myself, bloody single character slot though, dont know how many times I rerolled lol. Those were the days indeed.

lol this is how SynergyXR got its XR = No Rerolling. <3 Pluto

Elric
03-08-11, 10:52
lol this is how SynergyXR got its XR = No Rerolling. <3 Pluto
I think I eventually settled on a spy once LOM's were inttroduced to be honest, lol.
Nice to see some SXR still around Faid :) Good times they were!
Cant remember what happened to our Clan though, Maas Neotek.... We eventually folded / merged with another clan, but for the life of me who we merged with or what the resulting clan was called or anything is lost to me...

z5o3
03-08-11, 10:59
Damn that clan name sounds really familiar ;)

Tupac
26-08-11, 01:35
<< King of pluto <3

William Antrim
26-08-11, 14:27
Got owned on uranus though......

:lol: :wtf:

HEHE!

Tupac
26-08-11, 18:19
lies! only once or twice! ;)

Zebul
27-08-11, 14:45
I remember you Tupac. We were Requiem Inc. on Pluto.

Ghostface_Speak
28-08-11, 03:44
every clan has at least 1 guy who aint playing legit,period.60 Guys playing,50 of em know certain things..do the math.

Now its time for everyone to say "Hey,we play 100% legit"
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DmZYLi-ezCw/TRCnhsFfeII/AAAAAAAACzY/44QQB1XON2c/s1600/troll%20face%20tumblr%20double.jpg

L0KI
28-08-11, 09:53
every clan has at least 1 guy who aint playing legit,period.60 Guys playing,50 of em know certain things..do the math.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DmZYLi-ezCw/TRCnhsFfeII/AAAAAAAACzY/44QQB1XON2c/s1600/troll%20face%20tumblr%20double.jpg

I think you're probably right. I know a couple of people that don't play legit, who I really wouldn't expect it from, either.

Shame, but the game is currently bull shit, and is not worth playing.

Biglines
28-08-11, 11:23

Note for Mods, I will be discussing people knowing about cheats, and the psychology behind it, but not the cheats themselves, or how they are done, so as not to violate the rules, please read properly before assuming I'm in violation of some broadly interpreted rule.

I disagree with that. Most people will think I'm naive, but I honestly believe that none of the people in Immune are cheating. I know a lot about cheating, I've read the boards that distribute them, I've spoken with lots of the game's cheaters, even some that created them. I've learned from people who have used them in the past and about the problems with NC that make them possible.

The reason I have done this stems from a long time ago, when it was my responsibility to oversee the permanent bans of an admin team based in an ISP's group of counter strike servers, which regretfully contained lots of real hackers (VAC didn't exist back then), but also quite a lot of trolls that were just that good. I know what makes most of them tick (the cheats), but I find it fascinating what makes a person want to cheat on a game. I simply can not fathom the attraction.

I have my ego as much or even more than the next person, but most of it is based solely on the fact that I have never ever used cheats, and can even beat a lot of people that do use cheats.

now as to immune, most of the people that get accused of hacking are actually characters that are played by multiple players at different times, so the setups and layout of the characters are known, and are not those of hackers. The huge amount of drunken rage I've witnessed over the years would also have yielded an accusation if one or the other would have used a third party program (some of our members play in the same location), so I'm also sure that the ones that accused most are not guilty of the cheats they get accused of.

The rest of the reasons I am sure none of them cheat are probably in violation of the forum rules, and as such I can't discuss them on here.

We in immune also have the policy that if a clan wants to make sure we do not cheat, we will fully cooperate with fraps, screenshots or duels, as long as the opposing clan is also willing to do the same. This is not even including the amount of videos of xanu, who uploaded videos of fights that got him accused of cheats, and show at the very least those particular accusations to be untrue. I have in the past been able to provide satisfactory explanations for most of the events that elicit hack accusations from immune, if you feel you have been the victim of an unfair advantage by immune, feel free to contact me with damage logs, screens or videos, and I will do my best to get to the bottom of it.

But remember, I will only cooperate with those people willing to work towards a cheatfree neocron. People like SOAD, who publicly admit on ooc to support cheaters to counter immune, are not going to get much help (aside from the publicly available videos).

hybok
28-08-11, 11:40
Note for Mods, I will be discussing people knowing about cheats, and the psychology behind it, but not the cheats themselves, or how they are done, so as not to violate the rules, please read properly before assuming I'm in violation of some broadly interpreted rule.

I disagree with that. Most people will think I'm naive, but I honestly believe that none of the people in Immune are cheating. I know a lot about cheating, I've read the boards that distribute them, I've spoken with lots of the game's cheaters, even some that created them. I've learned from people who have used them in the past and about the problems with NC that make them possible.

The reason I have done this stems from a long time ago, when it was my responsibility to oversee the permanent bans of an admin team based in an ISP's group of counter strike servers, which regretfully contained lots of real hackers (VAC didn't exist back then), but also quite a lot of trolls that were just that good. I know what makes most of them tick (the cheats), but I find it fascinating what makes a person want to cheat on a game. I simply can not fathom the attraction.

I have my ego as much or even more than the next person, but most of it is based solely on the fact that I have never ever used cheats, and can even beat a lot of people that do use cheats.

now as to immune, most of the people that get accused of hacking are actually characters that are played by multiple players at different times, so the setups and layout of the characters are known, and are not those of hackers. The huge amount of drunken rage I've witnessed over the years would also have yielded an accusation if one or the other would have used a third party program (some of our members play in the same location), so I'm also sure that the ones that accused most are not guilty of the cheats they get accused of.

The rest of the reasons I am sure none of them cheat are probably in violation of the forum rules, and as such I can't discuss them on here.

We in immune also have the policy that if a clan wants to make sure we do not cheat, we will fully cooperate with fraps, screenshots or duels, as long as the opposing clan is also willing to do the same. This is not even including the amount of videos of xanu, who uploaded videos of fights that got him accused of cheats, and show at the very least those particular accusations to be untrue. I have in the past been able to provide satisfactory explanations for most of the events that elicit hack accusations from immune, if you feel you have been the victim of an unfair advantage by immune, feel free to contact me with damage logs, screens or videos, and I will do my best to get to the bottom of it.

But remember, I will only cooperate with those people willing to work towards a cheatfree neocron. People like SOAD, who publicly admit on ooc to support cheaters to counter immune, are not going to get much help (aside from the publicly available videos).

I echo what biglines has said in its entirety.

Immune isnt the focus right now though.. soad is.

sato has no intention of keeping his clan cheat free.. all talk and videos on youtube etc are proof of that.. something needs to be done.. period.

-I

Sammson
28-08-11, 13:40
As for no support, I put in a in-game ticket fairly recently that produced a gm in just over an hour ( broken FSM ) so there is support, just not instant...

Kamuix99
28-08-11, 13:56
I think you're probably right. I know a couple of people that don't play legit, who I really wouldn't expect it from, either.

I won't be talking bout cheating here, for that is obvious and from your talks you know the people who're cheating already so you can evade them.

I'm talking about the gameplay itself and so the game is still worth playing all the way, for there is NO OTHER GAME that offers the same. If anyone knows a game which does, feel free to post it here, though I doubt you will.

Mr_Snow
28-08-11, 15:46
Personnally I don't even think cheating is the worst ingame problem at the moment. My brother and myself both started new monks the other day. The torrent of abuse(calling Germans ************s got old years ago lads), spam, cheating allegations and the making up for having a small penis on global channels is in my opinion. I could tollerate the cheaters to a certain extent especially as I only ever tended to pvp in ops or when somebody attacked me, but I dont know how long I can tollerate the current state of the so called ingame community. The community used to police this stuff itself by either having clans with a policy if you act out like that you get kicked or everyone just ignored the idiots until the just shut up or went away, there doesn't seem to be that sort of ethos anymore in any of the big clans or the playing community at large which is more the pity. My brother now has 9 people on ignore and I have turned off all custom channels except help.

My brother actually found a real newbie and was helping him out the other night but if I was a completely new player I don't think I would be hanging around for very long, as it is as a old player I will only be around until the levelling grind gets to either myself or my brother and I go elsewhere again.

Biglines
28-08-11, 17:27
Well 99% of the abuse on ooc is actually about cheating

Garfield
29-08-11, 01:13
and 100% of that is the same story since years......

Elric
29-08-11, 01:57
Its a fucking shame too, the constant childish bullshit in OOC is one of the worst things about NC these days. I dont get how they can't see what they are doing to the game itself and what their contribution is doing to harm it so badly. Without something being done about these many and varied issues within the next year NC is (sadly) probably going to go the way of the Dodo

Either KK will get fed up and pull the plug or the only players left will be the cheats that drove everyone else away with their constant shit talking and assisted "owning" of anyone who was looking for a fair game.

God what I wouldnt give for some of the old GM's to come back for a few weeks... it'd be a bloody massacre.

p.s.

I'm still enjoying playing all the same but have no intentions of removing the LE anytime soon. The pve etc. is keeping me well entertained till BF3 hits in a few weeks (wooo beta access)

Dribble Joy
29-08-11, 02:32
I've had OOC muted since about 2008....

Doc Holliday
29-08-11, 11:21
The pve etc. is keeping me well entertained till BF3 hits in a few weeks (wooo beta access)

officially. i hate you. :) jammy git. enjoy it mate and please test properly and make sure its the most winning thing since charlie sheen coined the term. im gonna build a new rig in october i think ready for it.

Flashlite
29-08-11, 11:25
yea i just been playing SWTOR beta wait for bf3 beta. got bf3 preorder so cant wait for that shit. then maybe sometime in the next 5 years we will have maybe a nc3 or somthing close to it. but intill then... do work get girls.

Ghostface_Speak
31-08-11, 02:08

This!

I dont care what Clan/Clanleader thinks of his clan on that topic or what they pray ingame/on the forum...fact is that they cant be 100% sure and that leaves enough room for shady business.
Its not hard to record some fancy gameplay videos that show legit gameplay,not hard to change into a hackfest afterwards either.

Most of the time it starts that way but ends in bashing country's,sexual orientations,making fun of people with disadvantage's (existant or not) and many other things that would get me banned here just for citing.

As Mr_Snow said,the Community is kinda anti-social and since the standard is that low..thinking that there is a FULL CLAN without ONE GUY cheating is kinda absurd.

Elric
31-08-11, 09:55
officially. i hate you. :) jammy git. enjoy it mate and please test properly and make sure its the most winning thing since charlie sheen coined the term. im gonna build a new rig in october i think ready for it.

Lol, I got into Alpha too, Just to rub it in :p

Couldnt test during alpha unfortunately as my computer simply wouldnt run it, common issue with a certain setup/gfx card it seemed but reprted it and specs etc. anyway. Upgrading myself soon too just for BF3 :D Great minds think alike eh ? :angel:

Mr_Snow
31-08-11, 12:33
Case in point: Login to do some ressing, see someone talking to themselves in German for 5 mins with no-one else talking in OOC, ask if I can't see someone talking or if he's talking to himself, and the guy goes "whatever dude stfu".
And ends up asking if I love the cheating SOAD...

Seriously, that's the NC community these days?
Seriously?

Yeah, game's not worth returning to :)

Started ignoring people who rant about cheaters, get racist/abusive, or just shout SOAD ARE BEST on OOC. Had 12 people on ignore within an evening, not bad when the server had 4% pop.

Biglines
31-08-11, 13:53
hehe well there's currently a real pissy flamewar going between sonder and soad, with other pvp'ers getting into the discussion as well. It's usually not that bad though. (soad is getting pissed on atm because their leader admitted to supporting in-clan cheaters in opwars, resulting in the biggest shitstorm in years, will probably blow over in a couple of days)

Model192
03-09-11, 18:00
Cheating used to not run rampant.

I can say from experience that before the cheats came out (That Vicious666 and Alton and all those were using, and before you whine about how I knew it was cheats Vicious666 showed myself what they were, how it worked, and sent it to me. The cheats involved damage and aiming among other things. One shot SHs, etc) that myself, Strife, LittleTerror, and MrTrip were bar-none the best all around fighters out for a -long- time. Best gankers HANDS DOWN. It's pretty fucking obvious when someone hacks now adays because everyone is so bent on not losing belts, or getting shit talked on.

I mean seriously, we've all gone down before...but the motivation to use hacks is pretty huge. With this engine they are largely undetectable, and they are so commonplace you people actually start to doubt the legitimacy of hacks actually being in the game...pretty sad.

tl;dr hacks are commonplace, lots of people use them, stop being naive. I've seen them first hand.

Tupac
04-09-11, 02:13

that myself, Strife, LittleTerror, and MrTrip were bar-none the best all around fighters out for a -long- time. Best gankers HANDS DOWN.

fairly bold statement...

L0KI
04-09-11, 02:37
fairly bold statement...

Replace the word 'bold' with 'stupid' :lol:

Tupac
04-09-11, 03:15
agreed.

Not saying he wasnt or shit but really depends who his competition was at the time of this so called reign....

Doc Holliday
04-09-11, 07:25
i liked the post. been a while since someone came on here saying im fuckin pro.

L0KI
04-09-11, 15:15
i liked the post. been a while since someone came on here saying im fuckin pro.

Jini was the last if I remember correctly. Ahhh, how I love the 'fuckin pros'.

Chuck Norris
04-09-11, 21:48
For anyone to say there are no sandwiches going on is purposely trying to mislead you or they are straight up delusional. I quick Google search will get you to your free sandwich within seconds, this whole discussion is A joke.

No imo the game is not worth returning to, the one thing that Ive like what this new company did was stabilize the game somewhat although I think that has more to do with the evolution of directx then anything else.

Stay calm and smoke on

- CHUCK NORRIS!

Biglines
04-09-11, 22:37
noone says there are no cheats? the complete opposite in fact?

William Antrim
04-09-11, 22:40

I can say from experience that before the cheats came out (That Vicious666 and Alton and all those were using, and before you whine about how I knew it was cheats Vicious666 showed myself what they were, how it worked, and sent it to me. The cheats involved damage and aiming among other things. One shot SHs, etc) that myself, Strife, LittleTerror, and MrTrip were bar-none the best all around fighters out for a -long- time. Best gankers HANDS DOWN. It's pretty fucking obvious when someone hacks now adays because everyone is so bent on not losing belts, or getting shit talked on.

I mean seriously, we've all gone down before...but the motivation to use hacks is pretty huge. With this engine they are largely undetectable, and they are so commonplace you people actually start to doubt the legitimacy of hacks actually being in the game...pretty sad.

tl;dr hacks are commonplace, lots of people use them, stop being naive. I've seen them first hand.

This is why coffee should be banned. Or at least only stock decaffeinated brands in stores.

Chuck Norris
04-09-11, 22:46
noone says there are no cheats? the complete opposite in fact?

When people tell you their clan is sandwich free is to which I was inferring

Biglines
04-09-11, 23:03
lol, ok.

I just want an anti-cheat patch.

Chuck Norris
05-09-11, 02:27
I want old models back more then anything!

L0KI
05-09-11, 10:25

Don't we all mate.

William Antrim
05-09-11, 22:38

I would literally sell my brother for that.

Biglines
05-09-11, 23:58
more than anti-cheat? damn

Dribble Joy
06-09-11, 15:53
DJ wants her arse back....

Brammers
06-09-11, 15:54
DJ wants her arse back....

More than your Kami? :D

Dribble Joy
06-09-11, 15:56
You insult me sir, I am wounded, hurt even!

Strife
13-09-11, 04:45
fairly bold statement...
It is, but I have to back up the fact that at any point he played, Model was the best spy in the game. He's a loud, egotistical sob, so anyone had the chance to tell him he was wrong, and when they did, they needed their imps popped back in.

People may have their legendary players of their cron generation, but this dude put spy pvp on the map. When KK and the community told us spies were for pve*, he gave KK the finger and said no.

*KK didnt say it literally, but they were lacking so much to be on competing level with tanks/PE's.

William Antrim
13-09-11, 19:03
It is, but I have to back up the fact that at any point he played, Model was the best spy in the game. He's a loud, egotistical sob, so anyone had the chance to tell him he was wrong, and when they did, they needed their imps popped back in.

People may have their legendary players of their cron generation, but this dude put spy pvp on the map. When KK and the community told us spies were for pve*, he gave KK the finger and said no.

*KK didnt say it literally, but they were lacking so much to be on competing level with tanks/PE's.

Yet noone has heard of him in game or on the forum, except you.

There are 2 spies of note who have popped up on the forums and widely regarded as good players and a third that I know of in the German forum. They are, in no particular order, Divide (Saturn), Kid Kapow (Uranus) and Mcfuckin head (Uranus GER).

The thing is you could make the same argument about my post for this as I was in Kapow's clan (well in 2 with him) and fought alongside him plenty of times.

However anyone who played Uranus will likely remember him as one of the servers best spies, if not the best.

Divide the same. Everyone on Saturn knew him and many more on here. He was to spies what Rade was to PE's.

Your guy is probably an RL friend so youre bound to big him up.... still doesn't mean much to anyone else.

As for your comment in small text - I played a PVP spy for a long time in nc1. I know a few people who did so this again just seems to be your opinion as opposed to an actual fact.

Elric
13-09-11, 19:45
As for your comment in small text - I played a PVP spy for a long time in nc1. I know a few people who did so this again just seems to be your opinion as opposed to an actual fact.

Pfft, QD and I were the Ultimate PvP Spys. Droners who almost never got caught / found and killed hordes with ease :D

I just rerolled too often on Pluto to get properly famous lol :p

I remember Divide and Rade though they were great too.

William Antrim
13-09-11, 19:52
Pfft, QD and I were the Ultimate PvP Spys. Droners who almost never got caught / found and killed hordes with ease :D

I just rerolled too often on Pluto to get properly famous lol :p

I remember Divide and Rade though they were great too.

QD? Quantum"imapolitician/coward"Delta? surely not?

Strife
13-09-11, 20:18
Yet noone has heard of him in game or on the forum, except you.

There are 2 spies of note who have popped up on the forums and widely regarded as good players and a third that I know of in the German forum. They are, in no particular order, Divide (Saturn), Kid Kapow (Uranus) and Mcfuckin head (Uranus GER).

The thing is you could make the same argument about my post for this as I was in Kapow's clan (well in 2 with him) and fought alongside him plenty of times.

However anyone who played Uranus will likely remember him as one of the servers best spies, if not the best.

Divide the same. Everyone on Saturn knew him and many more on here. He was to spies what Rade was to PE's.

Your guy is probably an RL friend so youre bound to big him up.... still doesn't mean much to anyone else.

As for your comment in small text - I played a PVP spy for a long time in nc1. I know a few people who did so this again just seems to be your opinion as opposed to an actual fact.I won't debate who was the best spy of all time, there's too many variables. People play off and on enough that notable players could completely miss each other, different servers, etc.

As for your last comment, afraid this might be before your time. Some people were spies religiously, but none really brought anything to the table, nor were noteworthy. Model came along and shut down any of the servers tanks and PE's. You can debate who was the greatest spy of all time, but him being the Father of spy pvp is set in stone my friend :P

Elric
13-09-11, 20:36
QD? Quantum"imapolitician/coward"Delta? surely not?
lol, he wasnt always like that although he was a very reasoned individual. He was as bastard ass crzy with a drone as I was at one time.

This was all before the stupid Hitbox bollocks though, can see why it was done (cos they did used to be a bastard to hit at range) but the collision was fuckin stupid for something with such a small model (and still is)... Plus they were weak as fuck too so the hitbox didnt NEED changed as 2 hits/bursts from any rare would Blow it... anyways... yer... I loved droning, we pwned with it for some time, even after the "adjustment". I think he was mainly elsewhere server wise though, I was mainly on Pluto.

Best memory was always the co-ordinated Kami drone 8 kill. Poor buggers didnt expect it at all lol.

One thing I noticed actually, flight range on Drones is way short now... used to be able to fly a drone almost through an entire zone at one point in NC1... cant do that anymore :(

William Antrim
14-09-11, 00:54
I won't debate who was the best spy of all time, there's too many variables. People play off and on enough that notable players could completely miss each other, different servers, etc.

As for your last comment, afraid this might be before your time. Some people were spies religiously, but none really brought anything to the table, nor were noteworthy. Model came along and shut down any of the servers tanks and PE's. You can debate who was the greatest spy of all time, but him being the Father of spy pvp is set in stone my friend :P

Before my time? So he was owning in the 3 months of retail i never played? Yet none of us have ever heard of him?

my last point stands. Till I see him in action I am just gonna laugh in that general direction and consider it just another friend ego-inflating another friend. I could say Rabbi Fang is the best pe i ever saw cos he is a friend of mine. He was a very famous player sure and an extremely good one but he doesnt need me blowing smoke up his arse for that. I couldnt really care whether this guy model was any good. The point I am making is a legend is only one when the community acknowledges it so, not someones mate.

To the best of my knowledge, in 9 years odd of playing I have never seen or heard of this guy. Really cant be that famous.

Mr_Snow
14-09-11, 01:29
Actually, I've heard of Model but I heard about him via Strife years ago :p
To be honest, being forum famous means shit all. A lot of the better people I pvped about have never been mentioned on the forums, while not so great players like QD/Bad Ass/etc get mentioned lots because either they were forum whores, or there friends were.

Played with/against McFuckinHead a lot(or was it McFuckinhead?) and while he was the best spy on Uranus, he couldn't overcome how poor spies were back then - even when Disruptors came out.

As for QDs droner being awesome: not in my experience! Always found droners amusing rather than dangerous.

Strife
14-09-11, 03:29
Before my time? So he was owning in the 3 months of retail i never played? Yet none of us have ever heard of him? None of us? I'd be surprised if that many people were around today, and you seem to forget 95% of this game's community is gone. You can argue for whatever childish reason you want to, it doesn't change the fact.

The point I am making is a legend is only one when the community acknowledges it so, not someones mate. So a legend is only a legend if he's remembered by the handful of people who stick with a game on life-support? I won't bother arguing any point because you seem to lack any knowledge.

I simply threw some Cron history out there. Believe it or not, just don't need to be a twat about it.

Model192
14-09-11, 07:17
Hey you kid fucks, I was in beta2-1, 2-2,/3/4
In Retail NC1 I said fuck all of you and went Tsunami. Guess who ended up faction leader then later raped the map? Tsunami. I'm sure you remember that reign.

Who was the only badass you saw go -99 and didn't stop PVPing, didn't turn down nor lose a single 1v1 in any terrain, and hunted down every noob on the NCPDterm while I was red myself.

SnowCrash knows me. Thane and LittleTerror know me. Raven knows me. Strife knows me, and the die hard players of a once "balanced" Neocron know me. That's really all I give a fuck about. MrTrip knows what the fuck I'm about, too. I was in one of the biggest BD clans of all time before I turned coat and started owning them all.

So please, sit your ass down before I have to break out the broken weapons and re-do another con setup. I'll [ edited ] you and your friends while circle healing. And I don't fucking hack.

Doc Holliday
14-09-11, 08:30
lol.

i love this. this is old school nc. shit talk on the forum. shit talk in the game. model your refreshing. thats for sure.

@ Will. No need to argue the toss so much. MrLOL was (in memory) known to be a decent spy and used a first love waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. i remember him talking about it all on the forum. lots of people said yeah he did a great job. Being a spy was tough back then. u remember ste.bedford getting dropped from 1 burst (1 Fuckin burst!!!!) of cs from god36 at tyron right?

Strife has a good point that there aint many left from saturn here to say yey or ney do they remember him/can back him up so just kick back and chill out a little.

EDIT : I do remember QD telling me about a fight on his droner at jeriko where 3 of em kept an op team busy for several hours. He did say it wasnt on uranus tho declined to say where. only chars i remember him having were QD and kenshinn his ppu. he probably had others but i dont recall.

and yes. he loved to sit on the fence and play politics. that was his thing. shame the rest of us let our guns do the talking.

Theres been plenty of great players come and go through the years that people dont remember or cant remember. THis is neocron. its why we reminisce.

Its also we are all sadly still here. ;)

Elric
14-09-11, 09:59
break out the broken weapons and re-do another con setup. I'll [ edited ] you and your friends while circle healing. And I don't fucking hack.

If only it were that easy these days. Unfortunately its not. Setups aint that easy or versatile anymore and even some moderately good players now, due to the rampant hacking, would be accused of it regardless.

William Antrim
15-09-11, 00:00
Funniest thread derail ever.

No need for petty insults gents. I could just as easily say I was the greatest ever. Its still funny.

You said hes the best ever, I said hes not, you call me a twat...

Good show. Who looks stupid?

:D

Bozz-Von Mel
15-09-11, 01:59
Ahh, has the e-peen returned to the NC forums ? Like PvP in plaza 2, its a self-licking ice cream cone, but entertaining anyway.

Strife
15-09-11, 05:16
Good show. Who looks stupid?

:DI never said flat out he's the best spy ever, so I guess you?

You said hes the best ever, I said hes not, you call me a twat... Don't go out of your way to act like one, you won't be called one. Life advice for ya while we're at it ;)

Dribble Joy
15-09-11, 12:28
*Munches popcorn.*

God, I haven't said that in ages; oh the nostalgia!

Trivaldi
15-09-11, 18:01
As much as it's nice to see a bit of heat and a bit of oomph on the forum again, please try and remain civil, gentlemen. Flaming and personal insults still do not have a place on this forum.

Keep the fighting in game, after all that's where you wish people were, right?

William Antrim
15-09-11, 18:56
Thanks for the tip, I will take it under advisement. Rhetorical questions are the win.

Tupac
15-09-11, 19:40
Hey model ive not heard of u but if strife speaks highly of u i'd reckon u would be at least decent.

Hi strife! lol to be honest everyone knows me and my rape power, would probably of giving u a few good fights pity i was born and raised a pluto tho.

Best fighters ive encountered in my time are Shadow from system shock. Smokey aka smokeyj and what not. Elky baby, Psycho Killa ppu, Cryptochronic, Lil green guy, infact most of system shock to be honest most effcient german rape clan ive ever seen and ive seen the majority of them. Klaas and delloda beastin aswell! That one NDA ppu that hasnt actually died cant remember the name but he was the king of ppu's (sorry this is all the old school list) there was also this group of folk who had GM spawned characters and weapons who appeared out of nowhere on pluto but not to emphasis on there exploits there was this one spy i think he was known as pcp or something before ? could be wrong however but yeah this spy raped all even his friends with all there hacked weapons and char's didnt come close to how much this dude ripped it up! ragin at the fact i cant remember his name tho

Im sure there has been some great players since this time also but for me these are the ones who stood out above all else and any other old school pluto players like myself will agree Im sure

William Antrim
16-09-11, 03:13
If system shock were the best you need to get out more.

Doc Holliday
16-09-11, 06:22
Hey model ive not heard of u but if strife speaks highly of u i'd reckon u would be at least decent.

Hi strife! lol to be honest everyone knows me and my rape power, would probably of giving u a few good fights pity i was born and raised a pluto tho.

Best fighters ive encountered in my time are Shadow from system shock. Smokey aka smokeyj and what not. Elky baby, Psycho Killa ppu, Cryptochronic, Lil green guy, infact most of system shock to be honest most effcient german rape clan ive ever seen and ive seen the majority of them. Klaas and delloda beastin aswell! That one NDA ppu that hasnt actually died cant remember the name but he was the king of ppu's (sorry this is all the old school list) there was also this group of folk who had GM spawned characters and weapons who appeared out of nowhere on pluto but not to emphasis on there exploits there was this one spy i think he was known as pcp or something before ? could be wrong however but yeah this spy raped all even his friends with all there hacked weapons and char's didnt come close to how much this dude ripped it up! ragin at the fact i cant remember his name tho

Im sure there has been some great players since this time also but for me these are the ones who stood out above all else and any other old school pluto players like myself will agree Im sure

Polarity/Pitspawn im guessing was the ppu. he was more than famous haha. people say he used to wear a heavy poison belt when no one else did simply because he had some crazy set up and needed the force and pierce alot more than anything else. he had his con set up down to a T supposedly and yeah i heard several people make mention of fighting with/against him and how he would be able to get people rezzed (back when rezzes took 3-4 seconds or what ever it was and not 10 minutes) and rebuffed and back in to the fight.

cant speak for the others you mention although i did see elk once on uranus on a pe. he was with another pe that was a notorious ganker. female model cant recall her name but she was shit. anyway they ganked me in a hack in j_01 so myself and 2 other clannies found them and killed them. that was fun. swift retribution. in his defence we killed elk in the hack. the pe got creamed afterwards. she was so bad.

William Antrim
16-09-11, 16:13
Tupac you might be referring to Angeldust? Dusty was a Ronin on Uranus back in 02/03. He was more commonly known on our server as PCP and yes he was a Spy and a good one.

Tupac
16-09-11, 20:15
i cant remember for the life of me the name of the spy! and yeah SS was fuckin pro man back in the day.

it was a case of SS and NDA vs the server that includes what ever bandwagon TG clan at the time (GEF) (TR) (TA) and many more, DarK, PIMP, Legion, all sorts man

Tupac
16-09-11, 20:16
yes polarity! best ppu ever i dont give a fuck what anyone says lol

Garfield
19-09-11, 19:42
didnt log on for ages untill today. had some great fights at CRP, P3 and PP3 :p made me starving for more.

good old NC, nothing is better then its PvP

Vid Gamer
28-09-11, 02:04
I remember Parad0x used to be a beast in Beta 4 / early retail. That's back when every Tank wore Blue PA. :D

Tupac
28-09-11, 02:53
I remember Parad0x used to be a beast in Beta 4 / early retail. That's back when every Tank wore Blue PA. :D

parad0x was sick to! cant believe i forgot to mention him :D

jvasquez33
27-10-11, 20:04
I played on pluto for a very long time as well. I remember some players that were pretty dam good, PCP, Shotgun. And some other dude shadowninja or something.

Vid Gamer
30-10-11, 22:58
Anyone remember Michael Dane on Pluto?

That was me :D. I remember I used to be beastly when KK made melee weapons OP'd cause the PoB now had a Poison DOT and most people never specced a good amount of poison resist.

Artifact PoB and I was FAST AS FUCK cause I didn't wear PA. :lol:

William Antrim
30-10-11, 23:45
Was Parad0x FBI on the forum?

Vid Gamer
01-11-11, 05:50
Was Parad0x FBI on the forum?

indeed

Doc Holliday
01-11-11, 07:15
yeah thought so. cool dude.

William Antrim