PDA

View Full Version : [OT] What are all playin nowadays ?

ashley watts
27-07-11, 13:00
So been subbed to Age of Conan for like a year now simply because planetside/face of mankind died..

i logged off it today and had to think why im even paying for it anymore.. nothing is filling the craving that neocron gave me

planetside was amazing untill it died and fallen earth looked like it flopped too.. im waiting for battlefield 3, Skyrim and Guildwars 2 buut i know none of these are gonna hit the spot.. i miss shooting shit to bits with rare guns rather than swinging a crappy ass sword around mashing buttons !

Am i right in saying that their are no good games at the moment or have some people found a fix to their craving ?

Setlec
27-07-11, 17:12
i've rediscovered HL2 and its add-ons also i've been playing oilrush a RTS game (it's still in beta though) ... on my linux box.

Flashlite
27-07-11, 19:39
playing WoW waiting on BF3

silent000
27-07-11, 19:40
I've been on a nostalgia run with Neocron lately. Makes me all sad :(

We do all occasionally log in and shoot each other, you should join us :)

Biglines
27-07-11, 20:17
global agenda and borderlands

zii
27-07-11, 20:46
Neocron and PewPew

ncelite
27-07-11, 21:19
Neocron and SWTOR :D

Jodo
28-07-11, 03:33
Neocron and SWTOR :D

Lucky bastard.

I've actually been a little lost as of late regarding what to play. However, I've just been invited to the BF3 Alpha trial!

ashley watts
28-07-11, 04:05
I've been on a nostalgia run with Neocron lately. Makes me all sad :(

We do all occasionally log in and shoot each other, you should join us :)

im probs asleep when all u boys get on and kill each other :(

and ur sig still makes me laugh ahah

i was gona download black prophecy buut turns out its not available for australians.. WHYY

Lifewaster
28-07-11, 07:42
I'm half heartedly playing Rift atm, but got my eye on an upcoming game.

Prime-Battle for Dominus. A new 3 faction Sci-fi PvP game with oupost battles and such. Its quite recently been announced but also seems fairly close to a launch, if you sign up on their site http://www.primeonline.com/ ,you could probably get into beta which is supposedly soon , as there is only about a thousand people signed up so far.

Might turn out be something to fill the void until Neocron 3.

dodgefahrer
28-07-11, 09:50
I'm half heartedly playing Rift atm, but got my eye on an upcoming game.

Prime-Battle for Dominus. A new 3 faction Sci-fi PvP game with oupost battles and such. Its quite recently been announced but also seems fairly close to a launch, if you sign up on their site http://www.primeonline.com/ ,you could probably get into beta which is supposedly soon , as there is only about a thousand people signed up so far.

Might turn out be something to fill the void until Neocron 3.

Yeah found that too a few days ago and signed up so prolly gonna test it on august 2nd when beta starts^^.

Meanwhile just trolling AION, RFO and some browsergames.

Tratos
28-07-11, 14:09
If I play anything on the PC it's Minecraft. I always long for Neocron but don't have the time to invest in starting a new character and never really got the hang of setups after 2.2.

I think 3 out of my 4 characters on Terra are still sitting with their points reset from when 2.2 went live.

I'd love to get back into it again, the music still occasionally pops up on iTunes and gives my spine a tingle.

Brammers
28-07-11, 15:02
Hey Lifewaster, long time no see! Drop onto our Phoenix forums or our TS3 server sometime.

Not always got much time to play anything these days, but when I do it's usually a bit of Minecraft.

I did drop into NC the other day for a chuckle, and to move Brammers back to the CEO chair of Phoenix. :)

flib
28-07-11, 15:08
My game schedule is booked starting next month. I won't be missing Neocron for a second.

I like to get a little L4D2 in every once in a while, just to get out my competitive energy.
I've also been playing Fallout 3/NV. NV has been a bucket of problems, so I decided to do a new playthrough of 3 and maybe play the DLC's that I haven't played yet.
Started playing Borderlands, because I heard that it's good, but the charm is starting to wear off. Reminds me too much of Global Agenda, except with better gameplay and graphics and everything else. I like how it doesn't pretend to be an MMO.
I've started a new playthrough of Deus Ex, in preparation for Deus Ex Human Revolution, which, as it turns out, is going to be awesome. I'll be playing through that at least 3 times when it comes out.

As for other upcoming games:
I'm definitely gonna check out Dead Island. Looks a lot more rewarding than Left4Dead.
Rage might be good. Looks like a cheap knockoff of Borderlands and Fallout, so I'll wait for the reviews.
Batman: Arkham Asylum was a nice throwback to my childhood, while being much more mature and adult-oriented, and had decent gameplay. Batman: Arkham City looks pretty cool, too.
Skyrim looks like it has great gameplay, so I'm definitely going to pick that up.
Assassin's Creed Revelations had the best cinematic trailer ever, so that's on my list just because of that..
Star Wars The Old Republic looks like a fun vanilla MMO experience. I enjoyed KotOR, so I figure this must be kind of like it, right?
Bioshock Infinite might be good. Apparently they finally learned how to make humans that don't look like they've just come out of a trash compactor.
Fallout 4 should be announced pretty soon. As long as it uses Bethesda's new Skyrim engine, I'll be happy. Gamebryo is clunky as shit.
Finally, I will be playing Mass Effect 3 until the end of time, or the day I day, whichever comes first.

Oh, and I'm getting my final Mass Effect playthroughs done in preparation for ME3.

Powerpunsh
28-07-11, 16:35
Played Gothic 3 with community patch a month ago and i wasnt really sure what to think about the end and stopped playin at lvl 64. Had the chance to finish with one of the 3 ways but all were nothing special, just the way to finish the game. Disappointed me alot after spending hour for hour. :(

Atm im playing minecraft with some friends on a Hamachi server with some plugins and secondly league of legends. :)

L0KI
29-07-11, 01:59
Age of Conan on the Blood and Glory server, and APB on EU2.

Loving both at the moment, but it won't last.

Flashlite
29-07-11, 04:17
i just got APB reloaded beta. seems cool i wanted to tryed the 1st APB but i had my pc shitty pc back then. so kinda cool to try it with a good pc.

William Antrim
29-07-11, 18:14
Playing wow till i found out my account has been hacked today. Thank god im not paying a full sub for it.

Biglines
29-07-11, 19:23
Playing wow till i found out my account has been hacked today. Thank god im not paying a full sub for it.
check your pc for keyloggers fast tbh, and from a different pc, change your passwords. lots of the wow hacks are done with keyloggers

CMaster
29-07-11, 21:01
check your pc for keyloggers fast tbh, and from a different pc, change your passwords. lots of the wow hacks are done with keyloggers

Also with login data stolen from Sony/SOE, Codemasters, Eidos, etc.

Biglines
30-07-11, 00:52
advice still stands ;) check for keyloggers, and use a clean system to change your important passwords

Kamuix99
30-07-11, 09:34
Playing NC lately, as i never had an capped char so far and coming from Fallen Earth which is going down the lane. Besides that i should also once play Guild Wars 1 through, same with Monster Hunter on PSP.

Skusty
31-07-11, 02:32
Pretty much Team Fortress 2, playing on a server called Exhale, we're a bunch of swedes that's played together for a couple of years so we got a good attitude on the server and mostly talk trash on Friday and Saturday nights. :D

But I'm waiting for Battlefield 3, will be fun to try.

Toobad I don't have the time for MMO's anymore, but Neocron is the only MMO I've really liked so. ;)

Faid
31-07-11, 06:26
Playing Global Agenda her and there, it's fun but it's no mmo. Downloaded TF2, a bunch of our guys are playing it now, just havent got into it yet. Started making another video so I've been messin around with nc a bit lately. Thought about maybe leveling my apu to woc 3, got 2 woc discs earlier. Thats about it.

Biglines
31-07-11, 11:43
to me, tf2 was a lot more fun back when it came out, the class upgrades were fun as well for a while, but they kind of ruined teamplay.

Skusty
01-08-11, 01:03
to me, tf2 was a lot more fun back when it came out, the class upgrades were fun as well for a while, but they kind of ruined teamplay.
You're not playing on proper servers then, try to play on a server that has regular players, and keep playing on it, then it will be tons of fun. ;)

Biglines
01-08-11, 01:15
You're not playing on proper servers then, try to play on a server that has regular players, and keep playing on it, then it will be tons of fun. ;)
not saying it's crap now, just that I used to like it better without all the weird weapons

Chuck Norris
01-08-11, 10:42
not saying it's crap now, just that I used to like it better without all the weird weapons

Its crap now, ill say it. Buy A hat for 5 dollars ! I do miss crossover2 battles.

flib
02-08-11, 01:46
They oversaturated TF2 with too many weapons. I don't even mind the hats, I just wish they had stopped adding new weapons after the original class updates.

ashley watts
16-08-11, 11:27
Age of Conan on the Blood and Glory server, and APB on EU2.

Loving both at the moment, but it won't last.

im playin on tyranny the new server seems like its gonna die and all the players will flood back to the main servers so i didnt bother making a new char

u only on deathwish or ya got characters on other servers ?

L0KI
16-08-11, 12:05
im playin on tyranny the new server seems like its gonna die and all the players will flood back to the main servers so i didnt bother making a new char

u only on deathwish or ya got characters on other servers ?

I'm already bored of AoC. Hit level 40 and quit; couldn't stand the grind.

So now I am playing APB with the mates and Mortal Online on my own. Mortal had held my attention on and off for 12 months; it's a good game.

Biglines
16-08-11, 13:49
I'm already bored of AoC. Hit level 40 and quit; couldn't stand the grind.

So now I am playing APB with the mates and Mortal Online on my own. Mortal had held my attention on and off for 12 months; it's a good game.
never heard of mortal online, website looks okish (not a fan of fantasy mmo's, but at least it's first person and pvp based). What's it like to play?

L0KI
16-08-11, 15:56
never heard of mortal online, website looks okish (not a fan of fantasy mmo's, but at least it's first person and pvp based). What's it like to play?

Steep learning curve, not un-like Neocron.

I'm not a fan of fantasy based MMOs typically. I've always played the sci-fi stuff like NC, FoMK, Earthrise, Fallen Earth etc. Sadly, out of that list, only NC and ER were any good, and they have a similar number of active players I reckon.

As for Mortal Online, it's full loot PvP, which means, you will die, a lot. Not only that, but you will lose everything you own, a lot.

The PvP feels very authentic. Sword and shield combat similar to Mount and Blade/Oblivion. It's definitely more on the side of realistic than on fantasy. There's magic, granted, but no more so than in Neocron. Less, in fact.

As I say, it's hard to get into, but you can pretty much cap a character in a week, easily. Very easily, in fact.

I'm not going to go as far as to say I recommend it; only that it's the lesser of many, many evils around at the moment :)

NC all the way, but I logged on earlier to 1% population... all of which were afk in P1.

Biglines
16-08-11, 16:39
hows the population in mortal online? and it's good that it's possible to cap in a week, seems a 14 days trial is possible to experience most aspects of the game ;)

Howler
16-08-11, 17:13
I have been playing Everquest 2 on and off since it came out. Its very addictive and fun although the player base has dropped a lot since it came out. Its impossible forming a group these days unless your in a clan so its a bit of a solo affair. Great fun but you need a group to do some of the quests.

I am really enjoying Neocron again at the moment. Its great fun. Its just a shame more people don’t play it.

As far as single player games go I’m not that interested in a most of the new games that are coming out. Maybe I'm just getting old lol Diablo 3 and Thief 3 look exciting. Been playing a lot of older games like Dungeon Keeper 2, Bioshock and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. I have completed Dark Messiah loads of times now. Its so much fun.

I got the new Duke Nukem recently. I thought it was disappointing. I found the bosses irritatingly hard. You felt like you wanted to cheat to get past them and get on with the game. You also can't save all the hot girls to that sucks. Not a very good feel good factor to it at all.

ashley watts
17-08-11, 12:53
Steep learning curve, not un-like Neocron.

I'm not a fan of fantasy based MMOs typically. I've always played the sci-fi stuff like NC, FoMK, Earthrise, Fallen Earth etc. Sadly, out of that list, only NC and ER were any good, and they have a similar number of active players I reckon.

As for Mortal Online, it's full loot PvP, which means, you will die, a lot. Not only that, but you will lose everything you own, a lot.

The PvP feels very authentic. Sword and shield combat similar to Mount and Blade/Oblivion. It's definitely more on the side of realistic than on fantasy. There's magic, granted, but no more so than in Neocron. Less, in fact.

As I say, it's hard to get into, but you can pretty much cap a character in a week, easily. Very easily, in fact.

I'm not going to go as far as to say I recommend it; only that it's the lesser of many, many evils around at the moment :)

NC all the way, but I logged on earlier to 1% population... all of which were afk in P1.

Hows the population in Mortal ? i youtubed it a while ago and it seemed buggy and laggy as crap

playing from Auz makes me kinda worried playing a laggy game with full loot PvP.. if you drop all your stuff does it take forever to grind for it back ? PvPing for 10 mins till I get ganked 2 v1 and lose all my stuff then grinding for days to get it back sounds tedious :/

Terror_Nonne
18-08-11, 13:04
what i hear, like nc... maybe 20 players more. :p but if i compare, i prefer nc without devwork... star vault are big devn00bs. one feature in one year..., 1000 new bugs... and weeks of fixing... this sux. nice gameidea, like xyson, but there is the same... not a pvp game, but devs sux, too. and wasg (!!) is a feature, because most of the other cool things still offline /useless, whatever... wtf. lets check both games in 20 years again. :p i think check in 2-3 years the market-trashbox. :p but if you need something like xyson, try minecraft. pwned... both.

i play currently Brink (http://brinkthegame.com), its cool. and in the future: Deus Ex HR, Skyrim and Saints Row: The Third

and maybe in the next life neocron 3 (hahaha). (oh, no wait! - i dont come back, until jesus is here... and rulez the world...) :p

L0KI
18-08-11, 13:19
Well, after jumping between MMOs, we all just came back to NC. :D

flib
18-08-11, 19:12
what i hear, like nc... maybe 20 players more. :p but if i compare, i prefer nc without devwork... star vault are big devn00bs. one feature in one year..., 1000 new bugs... and weeks of fixing... this sux. nice gameidea, like xyson, but there is the same... not a pvp game, but devs sux, too. and wasg (!!) is a feature, because most of the other cool things still offline /useless, whatever... wtf. lets check both games in 20 years again. :p i think check in 2-3 years the market-trashbox. :p but if you need something like xyson, try minecraft. pwned... both.

i play currently Brink (http://brinkthegame.com), its cool. and in the future: Deus Ex HR, Skyrim and Saints Row: The Third

and maybe in the next life neocron 3 (hahaha). (oh, no wait! - i dont come back, until jesus is here... and rulez the world...) :p
Um.. what?

Elric
18-08-11, 20:17
Well, after jumping between MMOs, we all just came back to NC. :D

quoted for truth.

Biglines
18-08-11, 20:42
Um.. what?
don't worry, noone else knows what he means either ;)