PDA

View Full Version : I went for a walk......

Riddle
30-06-11, 01:26
...In Plaza tonight......The ambient sounds brought it all flooding back.....those who know that feeling, know what i am talking about....

I miss NC...like it used to be.....

KK BREATH some life back into this game ......Please....:angel:

Faid
30-06-11, 04:37
Indeed, there's nothing quite like the nostalgia one gets from the sounds of NC. I miss the game it once was terribly.

Jodo
30-06-11, 04:37
I remember coming back to NC after a 2 year absence. Having those sounds come through my speakers again, (the slogans, the hover car hum) was a real time machine to a period I'm very fond of.

Doc Holliday
30-06-11, 09:02
I like wandering around nc now even with low populations. its still a fascinating place. i dont like the wastelands much and never go to doy. its a lot of fun just hanging out. i remember the days when i used to turn local chat off tho. you couldnt see your messages on trade/dm etc if you were doing business of some kind in plaza 1. those were the days :)

L0KI
30-06-11, 10:15
I like wandering around nc now even with low populations. its still a fascinating place. i dont like the wastelands much and never go to doy. its a lot of fun just hanging out. i remember the days when i used to turn local chat off tho. you couldnt see your messages on trade/dm etc if you were doing business of some kind in plaza 1. those were the days :)

They certainly were. I still log in at least once a week to have a walk around and see who's around. I don't know anyone though!

It's the greatest city I have ever lived in, which is pretty sad in itself, but the truth, nonetheless.

Doc Holliday
30-06-11, 10:31
They certainly were. I still log in at least once a week to have a walk around and see who's around. I don't know anyone though!

It's the greatest city I have ever lived in, which is pretty sad in itself, but the truth, nonetheless.

same. but thats why u make new friends. i see 1-2% online when im on which is usually 9am gmt onwards. i accept thats not peak times so i talk to people when i see them and try and be friendly and help people and maybe make a few new friends. maybe.

not be abusive and grumpy like i used to :P

Doc Holliday
30-06-11, 10:48
ps. i got a text today entitled i was walking. i actually thought this thread was gonna be the same. quite freaky. its a funny text though.

yavimaya
30-06-11, 13:01
Damn you people! i dont have NC on my new machine :(
you make me miss the game again... now where is my backup HDD?

Havent played a game ever that give me the feeling the booming admin voices gives, except maybe the zelda theme. Fucking lovely.

William Antrim
02-07-11, 17:45
I miss the old days. If I had a pound for every post I ever wrote that in I think I would be able to buy KK.

I love this city and this game. I agree with Loki totally.

I remember in the old days, even the first day I logged into NC, walking out of my first apartment (we started in our apts back then) in Via Rosso 3. I saw the ocean and then wandered around a bit and found the NCPD hq. I remember thinking how crap it was that noone else was around too. I tried talking to a woman in one of the diners only to realise she was an NPC. I remember bricking it when I realised how ugly my spy was in 3rd person (that was the first time I had seen him when he was chatting).

Then I found another player.... he said go to Plaza noone ever comes down here.... and explained how to use the nav ray. I did that and then I followed it and found my way to plaza. I remember turning off the nav ray just before i got there cos i thought that other people would see it and realise I was a noob and probably therefore ignore me. It never occurred to me that they could see my level above my head. So i strolled in like i owned the place and to me it felt like the Coliseum must have felt to pilgrims heading to Rome. I saw all of these wonderful people stood around, some in armour some not, some stood on lights, some sat on benches. Some talked smack and some just kept spamming "KOS" at each other. Some were red and some were green but most were pretty friendly. I only got told to fuck off twice in that first day then someone showed me the rat sewers.

I went in there and got pked by a female tank called Codename Sexy. I still remember her name. I lost my Outstanding Sharpened Sharpened Stiletto that I had just been given by some generous person. I was gutted. I saw another guy who had met the same fate a few mins before me, he was looking around for his backpack cos he didnt have the money to buy it back and he had lost his weapon too. (we dropped our weapons back then).

A few minutes later 2 rifle pe's appeared, dressed all in black with Pain Easers. One of them went rolling right past me as Codename Sexy appeared at the end of the corridor I was stood in. The other guy just put his rifle into the shoulder and popped off a few bursts and I watched her fall flat on her back. All he said was "stupid bitch" and then the two of them left.

After that I was hooked. I had been in nc for nearly an hour and I honestly would give my grandmother, my first born and several vital organs to experience that once again. If someone told me then that this game would still be here entertaining me 9 years later I would probably have laughed at them. Here it is though.

Neocron I salute you.

Manuel Moonez
03-07-11, 09:49
The good old neocrack. Altough i never capped a character in 9 years (on and off) NC its still the best MMORPG i´ve played. I remember building my first character. It was a PE monstrosity consisting of consting, ressing and rifle skills.
Then someone told me that I probably shouldn´t be doing this; at the time there were no LoM pills around (one of the best additions to NC i think) So i had to create a new character from scratch. I managed a recycling business for a while selling ammo in a roleplaying fashion, which was fun until i quit NC again for reasons of boredom, only to return months later with that hunger for the sights and sounds of the plaza.

Ironically, i got the tip to play NC from a browser game i was hugely involved in (back in 2002, browser games were still cool and underground!) but then left for good after i found NC. I remember asking my dad for help with the payment process since i was so horribly underaged at that time. He was very sceptic but i assured him that KK is a respectable company.

Then i got some of my buddies to play. At first i made fun of them and PK´d them alot to show them whos boss. In the end, they grew bigger than me with more long time motivation than me. Now they occasionally give me stuff.

Doc Holliday
03-07-11, 11:49
The good old neocrack. Altough i never capped a character in 9 years (on and off) NC its still the best MMORPG i´ve played. I remember building my first character. It was a PE monstrosity consisting of consting, ressing and rifle skills.
Then someone told me that I probably shouldn´t be doing this; at the time there were no LoM pills around (one of the best additions to NC i think) So i had to create a new character from scratch. I managed a recycling business for a while selling ammo in a roleplaying fashion, which was fun until i quit NC again for reasons of boredom, only to return months later with that hunger for the sights and sounds of the plaza.

Ironically, i got the tip to play NC from a browser game i was hugely involved in (back in 2002, browser games were still cool and underground!) but then left for good after i found NC. I remember asking my dad for help with the payment process since i was so horribly underaged at that time. He was very sceptic but i assured him that KK is a respectable company.

Then i got some of my buddies to play. At first i made fun of them and PK´d them alot to show them whos boss. In the end, they grew bigger than me with more long time motivation than me. Now they occasionally give me stuff.

LOL. i got my friends in to the game and then pked them. I love it. thats classic.

Manuel Moonez
03-07-11, 21:18
LOL. i got my friends in to the game and then pked them. I love it. thats classic.

Oh yes, those where the days. The last time i´ve tried to recruit some people ended pretty badly. Even a friend whos hugely into cyberpunk didn´t want to play anymore because of the graphics and the hassles of registration. Today people seem to be drooling imbeciles, zombies, wanting graphics instead of brains.

olavski
04-07-11, 08:03
I want it. I need it.

Just like some people said, best experience with a mmoprg ever, despite the bugs.

ashley watts
04-07-11, 08:06
Neocron has made every MMO ive ever played shit in comparison.. i dont think ill ever top how good neocron was/is </3

Neocron 3 will complete me

zii
05-07-11, 21:25
Oh I had tonight.

I logged onto my char, which had almost no cash, and no way to get any cash. My other chars are broke. So,

I genrepped to TG Canyon and ran to CRP to see if anyone was around. My goal to mug someone and sell the belt contents. Very very little chance of this.

In the poison cave by CRP, there were two APUs and a PPU. I killed one APU, hacked his belt, and managed to make good my escape before the other APU smacked my bottom with his unholy beam. I zoned back into the real world with some fire mob barbequing me, (quickly eat my Fire Resist Poison), and then managed to get away from an APU hot on my heels.

After making some quick enquires on Trade, I sold the loot from his belt for 50,000 creds. Total expenditure 8,000 GR fees, 300 ammo.

Nett profit :41,700 credits for 18 mins of work. :) I love this game :D

dodgefahrer
05-07-11, 22:44
Hahahahaha nice move !

I never could make that easy money (and beside i never been good in PvP) but cant u make easier money by hunting some WBs? (even its not that much fun tho)

zii
05-07-11, 22:58
This is far more fun. I'm not hunting for mobs anymore, but instead for people's pockets. Anywhere is fair game, except Regents.

Biglines
05-07-11, 23:02
hehe ;)

and on a related note, how the hell do u run out of credits all these times, I gave u a couple of mil like a few months ago :p

zii
06-07-11, 12:33
Your creds were invested in GR fees, armour replacement, pokes and reps, all paid after my death dues from PVP losses.