PDA

View Full Version : ssl.neocron.com SSL cert expired bac k in 2008.

zii
26-06-11, 14:16
This ought to be old news:-

ssl.neocron.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 10/20/2008 09:43 AM. The current time is 06/26/2011 02:14 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

Why don't you just buy a wildcard cert?

Regards.

L0KI
26-06-11, 16:00
I don't think they give a shit. They don't give a shit about the game, so why would they give a shit about the cert?

So many Neocron community questions start with :

'Why don't you just...'

The answer is pretty much always the above.

(sad face)

Biglines
26-06-11, 17:20
they even fucked up much worse a few years ago, almost losing the domain names :P

MrTrip
26-06-11, 19:11
they even fucked up much worse a few years ago, almost losing the domain names :P

;x and I got two of them.

The SSL cert is the reason that PayPal quit working TBH.

Biglines
26-06-11, 19:13
;x and I got two of them.

wasn't it cuz they were insolvent and paypal doesnt do business with insolvent companies?

William Antrim
26-06-11, 23:21
pardon my ignorance but what does this do?

Biglines
26-06-11, 23:36
an ssl certificate is meant to kinda prove that you secured your connections well. Not that anyone would trust KK with anything important :p

MrTrip
27-06-11, 00:55
wasn't it cuz they were insolvent and paypal doesnt do business with insolvent companies?

No, it was because the SSL Cert wasn't valid anymore.

Doc Holliday
27-06-11, 08:45
hate to argue but they (kk) did state paypal would no longer be a payment provider and that all account billing would be suspended. i wouldnt be suprised if anyone affiliated with the payment processing was let go at that stage.

i am reffering here to when the bankruptcy proceedings begun and reakktor was in the process of pulling away from 10testicles.

Im not sure about UK law in this regard though i assume its true as Aus is based on the UK system but having just completed a class in business law here in Australia any company that declares itself or is declared insolvent cannot continue trading. That means taking money for services offered. With an insolvency order on reakktor they would have no choice but to suspend the payments. if they were paying paypal for doing this then that would have been stopped as well.

I dont think its just the SSL cert that stopped this although it could be a factor in why its not been reenabled.

Brammers
27-06-11, 11:07
LOL - Yeah that's old news. And of course, KK have been told many times.

SSL certs and Paypal are separate issues that are not related. All the SSL is doing, is encrypting your NC account details on KK servers. Paypal have their own servers for handling payment.

You can add Paypal to your own site, and you don't need a SSL cert. Besides if you want to run a HTTPS server, you will most likely need a separate IPv4 address, which are in very short supply atm.

P.S. @zii - Wildcard certs cost a small fortune last time I checked - if you know anyone selling certs at a decent price, let me know.

MrTrip
27-06-11, 19:33
LOL - Yeah that's old news. And of course, KK have been told many times.

SSL certs and Paypal are separate issues that are not related. All the SSL is doing, is encrypting your NC account details on KK servers. Paypal have their own servers for handling payment.

You can add Paypal to your own site, and you don't need a SSL cert. Besides if you want to run a HTTPS server, you will most likely need a separate IPv4 address, which are in very short supply atm.

P.S. @zii - Wildcard certs cost a small fortune last time I checked - if you know anyone selling certs at a decent price, let me know.

I was under the impression that higher business accounts (like KK) require SSL to process payments etc and that was part of the reason for no new accounts. I remember seeing an error somewhere about the SSL Cert being expired and either a new account could not be created or PayPal could not be used... I forgot which one but it had something to do with it all.

zii
30-06-11, 20:39

The company I work for just bought wildcard *.mycompanyname.nl for for about 700 USD for a year. I checked on the web site and its sold to the public for about 800 Euros. We buy a lot of wildcard certs so likely have a discount. Also it was probably bought for at least five years.

http://www.comodo.com/e-commerce/ssl-certificates/wildcard-ssl.php