PDA

View Full Version : Reactivating - new accounts whats the beef?

William Antrim
22-06-11, 22:29
Ok i know there have been reactivation issues for a fair old while with nc.

I have 2 accounts already but I feel like i want some proper nostalgia. I am thinking i want to go back and make another player from level 1 and start from new. I want to see the game from a perspective where I do actually shit myself when a warbot pops up on my screen. I want that surge of adrenaline when someone pops up in my local list again. I want the times when i went through my faction hq running epics to get me that brand new ts rifle and then I want to rage when someone steals it. I dont want to have a capped woc char with loads of guns, 459 apartments and 45059969 rare parts.

To be honest I will probably get bored around level 12 and log one of my other accounts but I dont want to reroll any of my others and stuff.

Is it easy or a nightmare to get hold of a new account now? i dont mind paying for it. I am happy with charges and subscriptions and stuff, I just want to go back in time about 9 years and see nc from the beginning again.

is this easy to do?

should i just bite the bullet and use my other accounts and delete one of my brothers chars off my account?

:S

who wants to play nc with me? ^^

L0KI
22-06-11, 22:51
Ok i know there have been reactivation issues for a fair old while with nc.

I have 2 accounts already but I feel like i want some proper nostalgia. I am thinking i want to go back and make another player from level 1 and start from new. I want to see the game from a perspective where I do actually shit myself when a warbot pops up on my screen. I want that surge of adrenaline when someone pops up in my local list again. I want the times when i went through my faction hq running epics to get me that brand new ts rifle and then I want to rage when someone steals it. I dont want to have a capped woc char with loads of guns, 459 apartments and 45059969 rare parts.

To be honest I will probably get bored around level 12 and log one of my other accounts but I dont want to reroll any of my others and stuff.

Is it easy or a nightmare to get hold of a new account now? i dont mind paying for it. I am happy with charges and subscriptions and stuff, I just want to go back in time about 9 years and see nc from the beginning again.

is this easy to do?

should i just bite the bullet and use my other accounts and delete one of my brothers chars off my account?

:S

who wants to play nc with me? ^^

I DO I DO!!!

I've never levelled a spy all the way to cap, and although droning is easier, I'd like to do it the old fashioned way... with a good old rifle.

I actually created him yesterday - but will happily re-roll him if you have names in mind :D

I can't answer your question about the accounts, sadly - I just deleted my tank that nobody knew was mine.

Biglines
22-06-11, 23:09
easiest generally is just buy a boxed cdset, often like 1 euro/dollar/pound, which they are forced to allow u the 30 day trial, which means they will activate ur account for you.

Some people have had luck creating trial accounts with one of the non-paypal payment methods, but that particular one doesn't allow US customers, tho I thought u weren't american

William Antrim
22-06-11, 23:14
I'm not mate. Im english.

I just didnt know if there was a way to get a boxed set/original cd key and if it was just that simple to get a key that way and pay for a subscription.

Is it that easy? I just get a cd key and pay my sub?

Rab yeah we should be chase and status or something..... i dunno - I think Rico and Dredd are gone already.... I have no idea. Names...... hm. Thats a good one.

we would need a famous double act. Id have to go pistol spy honestly, its the one class i never played besides melee tank. Id rather play a pe though. Just cos i like em.

I REALLY dont know what do.

ill look for a boxed set first though.

Biglines
22-06-11, 23:37
there are a few webshops that still sell the cd box (both my accounts are from boxsets), but they were both 10 euro.

and no, you don't have to pay sub, just the game (although some have had success getting free trial accounts even, but I dunno how).

William Antrim
23-06-11, 00:05
10 euros is nothing.

Awesome. Ill google some tomorrow then.

Dont worry Doc, ill send you one.

Sammson
23-06-11, 00:41
I made a 2nd account with paybycash about a year ago, and used downloaded files to install. About $30 US total.

Bozz-Von Mel
23-06-11, 01:24
Delete your PPU, ask everyone else to do the same. Then lets go enjoy the game. ;)

Danae
23-06-11, 01:47
10 euros is nothing.

Awesome. Ill google some tomorrow then.

Dont worry Doc, ill send you one.

If you have problems creating a retail account with Click2pay, then please email me at account@neocron.com (or danae@neocron.com) with the following information:

CD Key
First Name
Last Name
Home Address
Phone Number
Email Address
Account Name Choice 1
Account Name Choice 2 (in case 1 is taken)
Account Name Choice 3 (in case 1 and 2 are taken)

I will then be able to manually create your retail account.

Biglines
23-06-11, 01:55
wow, amazon apparently sells it for 4 gbp, too bad they don't accept paypal or it would have been an option for me :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neocron-Beyond-Dome-York-PC/dp/B00080FCZU

MrTrip
23-06-11, 04:55
LOL at title..

http://www.amazon.com/CDV-Software-Neocron-Lighting-Effects/dp/B004XYGNPK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1308797664&sr=8-5

And then I found these for us US peoples

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00007G79Q/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1308797664&sr=8-1&condition=new

Doc Holliday
23-06-11, 07:14
ebay has em for about two good old fashioned english pounds.

Hook a brother up. im down. ;) what should we make? pistol spies? melee tanks? 3 apus ( :wtf: ) no im not that sadistic.

Loki i remember your tank. i babysat u in the pepper sewers a long time ago watchin u get owned and keep asking me to carry ammo for you. so much fun. :)

L0KI
23-06-11, 08:14
ebay has em for about two good old fashioned english pounds.

Hook a brother up. im down. ;) what should we make? pistol spies? melee tanks? 3 apus ( :wtf: ) no im not that sadistic.

Loki i remember your tank. i babysat u in the pepper sewers a long time ago watchin u get owned and keep asking me to carry ammo for you. so much fun. :)

Hah - yeah that's the one...

I am making a rifle spy due to me never having played one! :)

Also, I hate monks, and have 2 capped PEs on my account already!

Biglines
23-06-11, 10:45
what should we make? 3 apus ( :wtf: ) no im not that sadistic.
I actually had tons of fun with my apu, and it's one of the more enjoyable classes to level unfunded

Load
23-06-11, 11:20
i'd be keen for that! always wanted to make an HC PE, pm me some contact deets and lets get cracking

Jodo
23-06-11, 20:25
Delete your PPU, ask everyone else to do the same. Then lets go enjoy the game. ;)

Hahaha. I wonder if it would be possible for Gm's to hold a week long event where Monks are disabled. With nothing else really happening in the event just a temp ban on Monks. The next week they could temp ban PE's, etc.

I think that could make the game quite interesting.

dodgefahrer
23-06-11, 20:40
Hahaha. I wonder if it would be possible for Gm's to hold a week long event where Monks are disabled. With nothing else really happening in the event just a temp ban on Monks. The next week they could temp ban PE's, etc.

I think that could make the game quite interesting.

That sounds fking funny =)

Genji
23-06-11, 21:27
Wile that does sound interesting, the fact that you started with monk makes me think you may be one of the people that seems to whine about ppu's on the forum (as apu's don't really matter anymore).

I really can't for the life of me understand why so many people come on and whine about ppu's. Does anyone understand how absolutely fucking shit horrible, short, and all around not fun OP fights would be if there were no ppu's?!
no. fucking. thank. you.

dodgefahrer
23-06-11, 22:49
Is there any reason to whine about PPUs?

OK except about the amount of spells u need to get in ur quickbar (which is way too small to hold all of em)

William Antrim
23-06-11, 22:59
Ok thanks for the links.

load ill send you some vent details. we are all on facebook still too afaik.

i am thinking pistol spy (i too have 2 capped pes already) or possibly melee tank.

we have a few ideas for names too Fang.... you will love them. Mandela House here we come.

Biglines
23-06-11, 23:01
melee tank is actually quite playable against some other classes (but certainly not all), and it was a hell of a lot of fun to beat people on a melee tank :D

Jodo
24-06-11, 04:18
Wile that does sound interesting, the fact that you started with monk makes me think you may be one of the people that seems to whine about ppu's on the forum (as apu's don't really matter anymore).

I really can't for the life of me understand why so many people come on and whine about ppu's. Does anyone understand how absolutely fucking shit horrible, short, and all around not fun OP fights would be if there were no ppu's?!
no. fucking. thank. you.

Actually I don't give a shit about Monks, I don't even PvP, can't stand it. It was just an idea. The reason I picked Monks can be found in the post I quoted that gave me the idea. Have a look back at my full post including the quote and it might be a bit easier to decipher.
I personally don't take part in threads I can't be bothered fully reading, I feel it's inconsiderate.

Doc Holliday
24-06-11, 08:00
Ok thanks for the links.

load ill send you some vent details. we are all on facebook still too afaik.

i am thinking pistol spy (i too have 2 capped pes already) or possibly melee tank.

we have a few ideas for names too Fang.... you will love them. Mandela House here we come.

do be sure to make it noted who came up with the names. do NOT steal credit and claim it all for yourself ;)

Doc Holliday
30-06-11, 10:59
ok gents. boxed sets have been ordered. im back to playing a bit but will try and make time when you guys are on properly. i will be starting another account by the looks of it so will be making the 5 euro payment quite soon. if i could pay a little more i would but its a token of support at the least. William will be back on with me when his internet is sorted.

So Loki, Load and co. what do u fancy doin? CA again? lol. like we planned. i dont mind. my ping sits happily at about 350ms which in fairness doesnt seem that bad considering distance and stuff so fingers crossed. shouldnt have too many issues.

Biglines
30-06-11, 11:18
ok gents. boxed sets have been ordered. im back to playing a bit but will try and make time when you guys are on properly. i will be starting another account by the looks of it so will be making the 5 euro payment quite soon. if i could pay a little more i would but its a token of support at the least. William will be back on with me when his internet is sorted.

So Loki, Load and co. what do u fancy doin? CA again? lol. like we planned. i dont mind. my ping sits happily at about 350ms which in fairness doesnt seem that bad considering distance and stuff so fingers crossed. shouldnt have too many issues.
not even sure it's possible to pay atm if you didn't have a running account

yavimaya
30-06-11, 12:56
damn, all this talk makes me want to log my pistol PE, maybe she'll actually get a kill if theres some noobs around.

Load
30-06-11, 23:00

well mate doesnt really matter what fac we start as does it? for my char im gonna need TT epic plus protopharm so probs will be one of them

Biglines
30-06-11, 23:06
well mate doesnt really matter what fac we start as does it? for my char im gonna need TT epic plus protopharm so probs will be one of them
I'd start with protopharm then, because PP is incredibly annoying to get faction sympathy for (you can't kill mobs/players to gain sympathy anymore)

of course you could use "secret!", but you can only use her once to switch factions, and I'd save that for the final switch or if u find some clan u wanna switch to

Doc Holliday
01-07-11, 09:03
its no different to any of the others. keep the le in for a bit and just level normally and hop factions as u need to.

Le means no pking means no messing up of symp. too easy. :)

Load
01-07-11, 10:31
Yeah protpharm sounds good to me then switch over to wherever I need from there, PM me name ideas so I can make my new person tonight

Biglines
01-07-11, 11:01
its no different to any of the others. keep the le in for a bit and just level normally and hop factions as u need to.

Le means no pking means no messing up of symp. too easy. :)
then you haven't made a char in ages... you have to level 40 sympathy on stupid citycom mission for each faction change (you start with 10 symp (15 for allies)), which in the best case scenario (40 easy recycle missions) takes about 30 minutes to an hour in an easy HQ such as tsunami HQ, but takes like 2-3 hours of jumping up and down in the protopharma HQ. If you start with protopharma however, you don't need the sympathy for pp, but you get it anyway because of the epic, and this allows you to change back later for the 300k it costs each faction change

Powerpunsh
01-07-11, 16:48
I'd start with protopharm then, because PP is incredibly annoying to get faction sympathy for (you can't kill mobs/players to gain sympathy anymore)

of course you could use "secret!", but you can only use her once to switch factions, and I'd save that for the final switch or if u find some clan u wanna switch to

What?? No quick kill missions?? You get 1 faction point for 1 aggressor captian (hard) mission.

Biglines
01-07-11, 17:45
What?? No quick kill missions?? You get 1 faction point for 1 aggressor captian (hard) mission.
which take even longer... unless I've missed a location where agressor captains are standing around a citycom?

dodgefahrer
01-07-11, 21:11
Yeah ress missions at Tsunamie hq is easiest way to lvl symp.

Doc Holliday
02-07-11, 10:54
then you haven't made a char in ages... you have to level 40 sympathy on stupid citycom mission for each faction change (you start with 10 symp (15 for allies)), which in the best case scenario (40 easy recycle missions) takes about 30 minutes to an hour in an easy HQ such as tsunami HQ, but takes like 2-3 hours of jumping up and down in the protopharma HQ. If you start with protopharma however, you don't need the sympathy for pp, but you get it anyway because of the epic, and this allows you to change back later for the 300k it costs each faction change

hopping faction is the same as making chars. you can do res missions or u can do rat killing missions. theres a sewer in p2 that has 5 in there almost continually. 2 seperate spawn locations. the job center and its city coms are close by. its not hard to swap factions at all. it just requires 50 symp. this has been that way for a long time. i remember when you didnt have to pay 300k and you could end up swapping factions by joining certain clans.

i was protopharm very briefly once for a bit. a good friend of mine (whiterabbit) wanted me to go and join the rhonins(sp?) with him. i think i may have joined and decided to leave again as it made me pp and all my friends at the time were TT. how little did i know ;)

Biglines
02-07-11, 11:18
never said it was hard, said it takes ages. but ye, if u use rat missions it takes the same time for every faction. Using recycle missions takes about a quarter of that time though in some factions, therefore starting with protopharm allows you to use that speedup in other factions, which isnt available in protopharm. But you want to hunt rats, so it's irrelevant to you, which is fine

William Antrim
02-07-11, 17:24
Fortunately swapping factions is the one thing that is relatively simple although I agree it is time consuming.

It is, as Biglines rightly said a chore basically due to the lay out of the PP HQ, however thats the only major beef. Personally I would start with PP and then jump to other factions from there if needs be. The PP epic is one of the best in terms of story and reward imo. I dont think there are any really vital pieces of kit that any set up needs from the epics, besides the resistor chip off the top of my head.

I tried to download nc on my dongle the other day and it failed a couple of times cos of bandwidth issues so I am just going to download it when i get my leave come up.

Havent decided on the LE yet, whether to keep it in or not I mean. One of the great things about NC of old was the rush of adrenaline seeing a name you didnt recognise on local. I dont know if that would be the same with an LE in.

Of course the flip side of that is the old gr spawn camping and constant being sniped by someone you cant even see when your back is turned and youre trying to level. The jury is still out on that one. Ideally I want to do something different with my nc experience this time around. I remember a long time ago I think it was Naimex and someone else who's name now escapes me made runners with negative sl to go and live out in the wastes permanently surviving on the traders out there for supplies and ammo and not entering town at all, even to trade. They had to pay out of the arse for people to come and tradeskill for them which was quite cool but again I dont know if i am inviting more trouble than its worth by doing something like that.

I just want to see if there any new experiences to be had in this game. I have been down every dungeon I think and seen every nook and cranny nc had to offer. I have seen the big yellow ball, been to a wedding in Crahn Abbey, killed rats with a flick knife, stormed TG hq and smashed the Twiglets in their own back yard. I have hunted launcher cyclopses in the industrial area, been killed by scorpions in Oz 2 and driven virtually every vehicle in the game. I have been flying and even managed to kill people with glider bombs! I have sat in Tech haven as a Tangent runner and shot the Fallen Angels trade skillers as they tried to buy their lube and stuff, I have been firemobbing/pking in a rhino, I have even done it with an LE'd driver before they fixed that problem... :lol:

I think apart from playing pistol spy or melee tank or hybrid I have been almost everywhere and done almost everything. I want to tick off one of these last two things before the game closes forever and I wouldnt mind going back and having another pop at the Apparition cos last time I was there he cost me a PPU power armour.

Does anyone else have any ideas of what might recapture some of this lost nostalgia?

Biglines
02-07-11, 19:17
being gr/spawn camped isn't really a problem any more. The only place likely to be pk'ed these days is in regants (cuz they wanna level there on their own), at drt/crp, or when they accidentally run into you in the city.

unless they got it in for you, or you want to level in regants, I'd say take out the le. It allows faster leveling, and as said, the adrenaline helps. Getting pk'ed is part of the experience of leveling a newbie, it only gets annoying if it keeps being repeated.

and ye, the changing factions isn't the most annoying thing in the game, but it generally is a lot more fun to start in PP than have to change to it, TT is very easy to get sympathy, the citycom and the fsm are relatively close together, not taking a long time at all. Think only TS and FA are easier. (hint for the chore of changing factions: easy recycle missions mean handing in 5 of either solantium, meritium or arrilium to the fsm, which can be bought for far less than the mission reward from crytons (or even the faction salespeople))

Flashlite
04-07-11, 00:14
i love steak with bacon on top.

yavimaya
04-07-11, 08:19
It allows faster leveling

Didnt they remove all of the LE penalties years and years ago?

Doc Holliday
04-07-11, 09:25
yeah they did. about 8 years ago approximately.

Biglines
04-07-11, 11:35
yep, but the extra implant really makes a difference

hybok
04-07-11, 11:56
If u guys want help with being pked.. Do let me kno :)

I

Doc Holliday
04-07-11, 12:16
yep, but the extra implant really makes a difference

3.5345324 of difference ;) ( i long for the days of +3, +4 +5 etc on implants.)

Biglines
04-07-11, 12:30
3.5345324 of difference ;) ( i long for the days of +3, +4 +5 etc on implants.)
;) getting more powerful weapons 3.5345324 levels earlier is always a good thing ;)

yavimaya
04-07-11, 12:51
lol Doc, the decimals have fucked everything

William Antrim
04-07-11, 19:27
+5 dex was much better though thanks.

Motoric 3 I miss you.

Ooops didnt mean to press submit.

boxed sets ordered and posted. Got a few ordered so should be ALLES GUT as my German ancestors would have said, probably....

Anyway, so yeah id love a hand at being pked please hybok. I need someone to RAGE(tm) at on direct and stuff.

Doc Holliday
04-07-11, 19:41
;) getting more powerful weapons 3.5345324 levels earlier is always a good thing ;)

true but needing a scientific calculator with 8 digit displays in order to ascertain that you can now have that new powerful gun is still a little but of a pain in the rear end for me. that or spec the imp skill and rip the chips out and add in new ones. that or use nskiller or what ever. if i missed a method shoot me. with your new powerful gun :)

maybe im a little old fashioned but i would just like simple math. i was opposed to the decimalisation when it came. it never made any sense but it was to allow the more precise tweaking and balancing of the game..... ;)

honestly even if it was to two digits it would make things a lot easier and still retain the idea of being able to tweak things. everyone im sure can add up to two decimal places. if not. well. theres always wow ;)

Biglines
05-07-11, 00:10
I wasnt arguing btw :p i have no idea about the difference in decimals or not. I've never had the problem, mostly because I just put in the proper implants and then modified my skills

L0KI
05-07-11, 08:30
I wasnt arguing btw :p i have no idea about the difference in decimals or not. I've never had the problem, mostly because I just put in the proper implants and then modified my skills

There were no 'proper' implants, as such. There were options.

Doc Holliday
05-07-11, 11:39

i know mate dont worry. i remember a post explaining the reasoning by either john doe or nid explaining that it allowed them to "tweak" things and have more control over how stuff balanced. things were simpler when everything was a round number. i could take off my shoes and socks and check if i can use a healing light. this was a good thing.